Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Unable to see stored familiars
I don't know if there already is a topic for this (couldn't find any, as when searching "familiars" only a blank page with no text came up, so I guess the forum search doesn't work smoothly yet either), but I can't see my stored familiars when I'm trying to give a dragon a familiar.
I don't know if there already is a topic for this (couldn't find any, as when searching "familiars" only a blank page with no text came up, so I guess the forum search doesn't work smoothly yet either), but I can't see my stored familiars when I'm trying to give a dragon a familiar.
@azugi - Duplicate familiars don't show up in your "stored familiars" page. Are you trying to attach a familiar that you already have paired with another one of your dragons? For example, since you already have a Leafy Moth on a dragon, you cannot pair another Leafy Moth to any other dragon in your clan.
@azugi - Duplicate familiars don't show up in your "stored familiars" page. Are you trying to attach a familiar that you already have paired with another one of your dragons? For example, since you already have a Leafy Moth on a dragon, you cannot pair another Leafy Moth to any other dragon in your clan.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

@azugi You may also learn more about Familiars and what you can do with them in this Flight Rising Encyclopedia entry here! :) http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=9
@azugi You may also learn more about Familiars and what you can do with them in this Flight Rising Encyclopedia entry here! :) http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=9
Hello! :) If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
@Alphaeon: Ooh, that must be it! ': D Whoopsie, a newbie mistake. Thanks!

@Lune: Thank you!
@Alphaeon: Ooh, that must be it! ': D Whoopsie, a newbie mistake. Thanks!

@Lune: Thank you!
[quote name="Alphaeon" date="2013-10-29 09:28:35"]@azugi - Duplicate familiars don't show up in your "stored familiars" page. Are you trying to attach a familiar that you already have paired with another one of your dragons? For example, since you already have a Leafy Moth on a dragon, you cannot pair another Leafy Moth to any other dragon in your clan.[/quote]Wish I found that out earlier. Any reason behind that?
Alphaeon wrote on 2013-10-29 09:28:35:
Wish I found that out earlier.
Any reason behind that?
@vernes: currently the familiars are working as a "one and only thing", maybe because of the bestiary and the leveling system FR is using for bonding. With the current bonding system all of your familiars of a same type will gain bonding experience when anyone of them gets to bond with any dragon of yours. If we add to that the ability to put the same specie of familiar to another dragon you'll get a potential exploit that some users will be happy to use to get money/treasure easily.
@vernes: currently the familiars are working as a "one and only thing", maybe because of the bestiary and the leveling system FR is using for bonding. With the current bonding system all of your familiars of a same type will gain bonding experience when anyone of them gets to bond with any dragon of yours. If we add to that the ability to put the same specie of familiar to another dragon you'll get a potential exploit that some users will be happy to use to get money/treasure easily.
@Sharkalou
I see, you'd have to redo the datastructure in which the dragon and familiars are related.
In which case it would be a migraine inducing project, specially since the game is released to the public and you really want to focus on performance.

You think this is something that will be implemented later on?
@Sharkalou
I see, you'd have to redo the datastructure in which the dragon and familiars are related.
In which case it would be a migraine inducing project, specially since the game is released to the public and you really want to focus on performance.

You think this is something that will be implemented later on?
@vernes: I really don't know of that would be introduced in the future, or not. But maybe this is the way admins wanted familiar bonding to work to push the users to collect all of them instead of just buying a bunch of Moths. Either way, if this is something to be implemented in the future is a very low priority thing compared with several of the bugs we are currently having and that really need fixing.
@vernes: I really don't know of that would be introduced in the future, or not. But maybe this is the way admins wanted familiar bonding to work to push the users to collect all of them instead of just buying a bunch of Moths. Either way, if this is something to be implemented in the future is a very low priority thing compared with several of the bugs we are currently having and that really need fixing.