Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bond
1 2 3
I think they really need to make a bond button in the lair. I have like 28 familiars and it takes so long to bond. A bond button should be added to you lair and it bonds all familiars with a list of the current bar of the familiar and how much you earned along with the chest you earn.
I think they really need to make a bond button in the lair. I have like 28 familiars and it takes so long to bond. A bond button should be added to you lair and it bonds all familiars with a list of the current bar of the familiar and how much you earned along with the chest you earn.
epicness1213banner_zpsb4e63ee1.png
Support...So much support
Support...So much support
YOU could totally win a daily Familiar or even 3000 food points! Check this link for my raffle!
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=ibaz&id=967236&page=1
Yeah..it's been suggested a lot but I wish they would. I haven't been doing it every day cause it's gotten really tiresome.
Yeah..it's been suggested a lot but I wish they would. I haven't been doing it every day cause it's gotten really tiresome.
enhCzub.gif
Yea... im not bonding until they change it. It's too much work.
Yea... im not bonding until they change it. It's too much work.
epicness1213banner_zpsb4e63ee1.png
Support
Support
kMbHH.gif NgNqx.gifu9PNW.gifBtciR.gif
They could. But do you know how much coding that would take?

The code would have to identify what familiars are in your lair.
It then has to identify the level of 'bond' the familiar is at.
It then has to identify what percentage of that level the familiar is at.
It then has to determine which familiar gets how much 'bond.'

If you have 50+ familiars? Lots of processing time, lots of strain on the server, and it's a nightmare to code.

Maybe there is a reason that they're not answering the many, many, MANY Suggestions posts about this? Because this is definitely not the first time it has come up and it definitely won't be the last.

@epicness1213 @Faeandris @Umbra @Sheargux
They could. But do you know how much coding that would take?

The code would have to identify what familiars are in your lair.
It then has to identify the level of 'bond' the familiar is at.
It then has to identify what percentage of that level the familiar is at.
It then has to determine which familiar gets how much 'bond.'

If you have 50+ familiars? Lots of processing time, lots of strain on the server, and it's a nightmare to code.

Maybe there is a reason that they're not answering the many, many, MANY Suggestions posts about this? Because this is definitely not the first time it has come up and it definitely won't be the last.

@epicness1213 @Faeandris @Umbra @Sheargux
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
What @seacrest said is likely the reason. It's also important to note that increased anything means increased maintenance. So the more dragons/familiars in a lair, the more time the person is going to need to spend on it.
What @seacrest said is likely the reason. It's also important to note that increased anything means increased maintenance. So the more dragons/familiars in a lair, the more time the person is going to need to spend on it.
@SeaCrest But, don't they already have the codes for all that? It's just all apart instead of all at once. I don't know much about coding so I'm probably wrong. That's just what I thought. But I know staff are really busy and probably won't get to this soon. I still think it's a good idea for the future.
@SeaCrest But, don't they already have the codes for all that? It's just all apart instead of all at once. I don't know much about coding so I'm probably wrong. That's just what I thought. But I know staff are really busy and probably won't get to this soon. I still think it's a good idea for the future.
enhCzub.gif
@Umbra

No. Because it's one matter to do it one familiar at a time, quite another to do 50+ concurrently. Think of it this way. If you're doing just one math problem, then you can do it in order and be done. If you're supposed to do fifteen math problems, doing them all at the same time (doing the first step of all of them, then the second step of all of them) is probably not the greatest idea in the world. After all, they all have different parameters. Doing them one at a time is probably actually faster to do, even though it might seem counter-intuitive, because each process can be completed and the numbers and such forgotten as you work on the next one.

Coding a 'bond with all' button would require that the server holds onto the information about level and percentage of each particular familiar until EVERY step is complete, tying up server memory and slowing it down.

I hope I don't come across as talking down to anyone. That wasn't my intention. I was just trying to explain my thought process, with the little experience I have with programming on a much smaller and more simplistic scale than FR runs on.
@Umbra

No. Because it's one matter to do it one familiar at a time, quite another to do 50+ concurrently. Think of it this way. If you're doing just one math problem, then you can do it in order and be done. If you're supposed to do fifteen math problems, doing them all at the same time (doing the first step of all of them, then the second step of all of them) is probably not the greatest idea in the world. After all, they all have different parameters. Doing them one at a time is probably actually faster to do, even though it might seem counter-intuitive, because each process can be completed and the numbers and such forgotten as you work on the next one.

Coding a 'bond with all' button would require that the server holds onto the information about level and percentage of each particular familiar until EVERY step is complete, tying up server memory and slowing it down.

I hope I don't come across as talking down to anyone. That wasn't my intention. I was just trying to explain my thought process, with the little experience I have with programming on a much smaller and more simplistic scale than FR runs on.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@SeaCrest I see what you're saying..maybe in the distant future the site would be powerful enough to do that. At least we don't have to feed them all by hand :P
@SeaCrest I see what you're saying..maybe in the distant future the site would be powerful enough to do that. At least we don't have to feed them all by hand :P
enhCzub.gif
1 2 3