Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Common Draconic [A Conlang Project]
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38 39
@Wymetz

Welp, time to go waste a couple of days of my life to learn this language :3

Edit: I just realized how much this like like my latin class...
@Wymetz

Welp, time to go waste a couple of days of my life to learn this language :3

Edit: I just realized how much this like like my latin class...
XgFzLz3.gif
Taleh! Kiselran siken!
(Wow! I love this!)

I'm gonna start studying this, because this is amazing <3
Taleh! Kiselran siken!
(Wow! I love this!)

I'm gonna start studying this, because this is amazing <3
Pretend I wrote something here.
Ooh, this is lovely! It looks like you're chugging right along with the grammar! This is pretty great, nice job. :)

@Banjo @Pasafatu
Hi! I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to ping you. Where's the pronunciation guide? I can read the IPA, so if current the guide or chart uses it, that's no problem. I'm just really curious! If you'd prefer to just list example words, I'd love to know how jaeu, jheos, marrvpa, surintur, and sudhel are pronounced. :)
Ooh, this is lovely! It looks like you're chugging right along with the grammar! This is pretty great, nice job. :)

@Banjo @Pasafatu
Hi! I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to ping you. Where's the pronunciation guide? I can read the IPA, so if current the guide or chart uses it, that's no problem. I'm just really curious! If you'd prefer to just list example words, I'd love to know how jaeu, jheos, marrvpa, surintur, and sudhel are pronounced. :)
zVq7r5uT_o.png
@sunflowerlizard

[apparently im a pasafatu stand-in]

i'm currently code-ifying the pronunciation guide; i can ping you when i have it set up, if you like!

as for those words; bear in mind that my australian accent may mean i read/pronounce somethings differently, but:
jaeu - yae-oo - jæ?ü
jheos - jeohs - ?eos

("j" an be pronounced /y/ or /h/, depending on regional dialect, but it's standardised as /y/.)

edit: fr hates ipa (sensible) so the question marks should link to th appropriate wikipedia page

@sunflowerlizard

[apparently im a pasafatu stand-in]

i'm currently code-ifying the pronunciation guide; i can ping you when i have it set up, if you like!

as for those words; bear in mind that my australian accent may mean i read/pronounce somethings differently, but:
jaeu - yae-oo - jæ?ü
jheos - jeohs - ?eos

("j" an be pronounced /y/ or /h/, depending on regional dialect, but it's standardised as /y/.)

edit: fr hates ipa (sensible) so the question marks should link to th appropriate wikipedia page

tumblr_o0zdk7U6M21u3wsjco6_250.png a1rYPJ5.png

gASzi6V.pngtP5PUOX.png

they/them; +17fr
doodle art
@Orru
Thank you! I would love a ping. :D
@Orru
Thank you! I would love a ping. :D
zVq7r5uT_o.png
@Llanai what a beautiful project. Add me to the pinglist please!
@Llanai what a beautiful project. Add me to the pinglist please!
Pixel Teapot Wind and Nature joined emblem Ursegal Project emblem
Swwweeeeet! :D
Swwweeeeet! :D
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1351978/1
@Ebb
Saving this!
@Ebb
Saving this!
@Akaineko

Hello! You can now sign up for the pinglist here! This is also listed on the front page. I do appreciate the ping though. It makes me feel important.
@Akaineko

Hello! You can now sign up for the pinglist here! This is also listed on the front page. I do appreciate the ping though. It makes me feel important.
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
I love this! I will sign up for the pinglist right now!

*starts dumping everything into my own documents for later use*

EDIT:

@Llanai , I was looking over the documents, and I didn't see a pronunciation guide, are there plans to add any? Like, which syllable commonly has emphasis, the way letters are pronounced, etc.

I ask bc I usually default to a Spanish way of pronouncing things, with letters being spoken in a similar way, emphasis placed on second-to-last syllable unless otherwise specified, and so on.
I love this! I will sign up for the pinglist right now!

*starts dumping everything into my own documents for later use*

EDIT:

@Llanai , I was looking over the documents, and I didn't see a pronunciation guide, are there plans to add any? Like, which syllable commonly has emphasis, the way letters are pronounced, etc.

I ask bc I usually default to a Spanish way of pronouncing things, with letters being spoken in a similar way, emphasis placed on second-to-last syllable unless otherwise specified, and so on.
breathe deep, seek peace
----
courier_pearl.gif
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38 39