Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Common Draconic [A Conlang Project]
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 38 39
@Llanai

Oh I love those! I honestly didn't even think of all the words that would exist simply because dragons are...well, dragons. And I'm really digging how simple those verbs are, since they replace complex structures of multiple words with just a single one. It's probably the reason the language is so easy to get into; exceptions don't make up 50% of the rules.

I actually saw the noun dot, but kinda figured it might still be confusing, as a lot of clan names are mostly made up of nouns and still might not read as titles. But that's probably also related to the proficiency you need in a language to easily grasp context. I'm now realizing that it could probably also be solved by quotation marks, if those will be a thing. Your script actually had me really curious about punctuation in general, cause it reminds me of Hebrew and I love that one for the nikud dots (though that system would probably go against how streamlined this one is cause the dots seem to just exist to make things harder). I can't wait to see how the script makes the letters and punctuation interact. I saw you mention something about two alphabets -- may I ask what the difference will be? I was wondering if there'd be a print/simplified vs. script/classic thing going on, or if it's something else!
@Llanai

Oh I love those! I honestly didn't even think of all the words that would exist simply because dragons are...well, dragons. And I'm really digging how simple those verbs are, since they replace complex structures of multiple words with just a single one. It's probably the reason the language is so easy to get into; exceptions don't make up 50% of the rules.

I actually saw the noun dot, but kinda figured it might still be confusing, as a lot of clan names are mostly made up of nouns and still might not read as titles. But that's probably also related to the proficiency you need in a language to easily grasp context. I'm now realizing that it could probably also be solved by quotation marks, if those will be a thing. Your script actually had me really curious about punctuation in general, cause it reminds me of Hebrew and I love that one for the nikud dots (though that system would probably go against how streamlined this one is cause the dots seem to just exist to make things harder). I can't wait to see how the script makes the letters and punctuation interact. I saw you mention something about two alphabets -- may I ask what the difference will be? I was wondering if there'd be a print/simplified vs. script/classic thing going on, or if it's something else!
@Pachirisu @Aftershock @Hesper @QwertyBird @Surpirate @bakurabox @dreamtime @Phooka @Merethic @Mitsuara @momoi @Kes @StarriannaFlare @logicalDiviner @Pieks @Whimzica @sh33pskin @bellzan @RottingFlesh @mnkn10 @princesscassie @paigyp01 @Gowenna @isolte @MagicianPokes @MythicStarfall @Iochsi @adrienne1614 @Abysea @Katta @mattykips @FelicisNox177 @Cosmopoeia @amberwing @hologramblue @Nonstop @nightshade1401 @orru @SgtCredo @WynterDragen @idlewildly @CelesticLeo @Tserin @Eaglefairy @SummerCat @Solferino @Saraceaser @Mort @Apothecaria @Lup @Raisin @diaveborn @Keestal @NovelLady @Lallie

This is a lore post based on the conlang for which I hijacked the pinglist! I'll be making these every once in a while for those who are interested. If you're on the conlang pinglist, but not interested, let me know and I won't ping you for them.

Now without further complication

DRACONIC NONSENSE #02: TRADITIONAL TUNDRA GREETINGS

When meeting for the first time, the majority of tundras will say one of three things. Tundras are taught these phrases from hatching and they are second nature to them.

Greeting - “Kibohain Pache tagal.”
Translation - “You smell like family.”
Traditional response - “Torsahe ranen fek.”
Translation - “[then] walk with me.”

This is said when one’s scent brings positive or neutral emotions. It is rather common as convention assumes positive in neutral situations.

Greeting - “Kibohain Umris tagal.”
Translation - “You smell like blood.”
Traditional response - (none)
Translation - (none)

Let's just say that this is the opposite of the first response. There is no traditional verbal response as this is where conversations end.

Greeting - “Kibohain Aiga gat.”
Translation - “You smell of Ice.”
Traditional response - “Fienure ranen enual.”
Translation - “[then] remember me fondly.”

This is said when one’s scent evokes no memories. The two parties have truly never come in contact with one another before.
@Pachirisu @Aftershock @Hesper @QwertyBird @Surpirate @bakurabox @dreamtime @Phooka @Merethic @Mitsuara @momoi @Kes @StarriannaFlare @logicalDiviner @Pieks @Whimzica @sh33pskin @bellzan @RottingFlesh @mnkn10 @princesscassie @paigyp01 @Gowenna @isolte @MagicianPokes @MythicStarfall @Iochsi @adrienne1614 @Abysea @Katta @mattykips @FelicisNox177 @Cosmopoeia @amberwing @hologramblue @Nonstop @nightshade1401 @orru @SgtCredo @WynterDragen @idlewildly @CelesticLeo @Tserin @Eaglefairy @SummerCat @Solferino @Saraceaser @Mort @Apothecaria @Lup @Raisin @diaveborn @Keestal @NovelLady @Lallie

This is a lore post based on the conlang for which I hijacked the pinglist! I'll be making these every once in a while for those who are interested. If you're on the conlang pinglist, but not interested, let me know and I won't ping you for them.

Now without further complication

DRACONIC NONSENSE #02: TRADITIONAL TUNDRA GREETINGS

When meeting for the first time, the majority of tundras will say one of three things. Tundras are taught these phrases from hatching and they are second nature to them.

Greeting - “Kibohain Pache tagal.”
Translation - “You smell like family.”
Traditional response - “Torsahe ranen fek.”
Translation - “[then] walk with me.”

This is said when one’s scent brings positive or neutral emotions. It is rather common as convention assumes positive in neutral situations.

Greeting - “Kibohain Umris tagal.”
Translation - “You smell like blood.”
Traditional response - (none)
Translation - (none)

Let's just say that this is the opposite of the first response. There is no traditional verbal response as this is where conversations end.

Greeting - “Kibohain Aiga gat.”
Translation - “You smell of Ice.”
Traditional response - “Fienure ranen enual.”
Translation - “[then] remember me fondly.”

This is said when one’s scent evokes no memories. The two parties have truly never come in contact with one another before.
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
Oh man, the Tundra greetings are super neat! I can't wait for the next installment of these little tidbits!
Oh man, the Tundra greetings are super neat! I can't wait for the next installment of these little tidbits!
Rotating image of my OCs drawn as tiny porcelain kittens drinking porcelain milk
Oooh, I really like the greetings :D
Oooh, I really like the greetings :D
vpNQaZP.pngRupeeWaterX2.gifWZ3H2YX.pngnAoSSfC.pnga8e4wzd.png
Ahh the lore posts are so niceee!
Ahh the lore posts are so niceee!
~(o.o)~
@Llanai, I just found this late last night. I'm slow at learning new languages, but add me to your pinglist?

Was also thinking of things Tundras might say as inspired by your post there, and as I'm literally still on the first few pages of the basic grammar slides, I'm not going to translate this or anything, because I'd butcher this lovely language you guys have built. xD But Tundras do love, and so I was trying to imagine what one may say to another that they love and came up with,

"You smell like home"
"Then stay with me."

In the same format as the others you have there. You guys may already have something like this in place, I'm far from done reading through everything, but... it crossed my mind so I figured I'd toss it out there. *shrug* ^_~

Anyway, this is a great project and I'll be coming back here often!
@Llanai, I just found this late last night. I'm slow at learning new languages, but add me to your pinglist?

Was also thinking of things Tundras might say as inspired by your post there, and as I'm literally still on the first few pages of the basic grammar slides, I'm not going to translate this or anything, because I'd butcher this lovely language you guys have built. xD But Tundras do love, and so I was trying to imagine what one may say to another that they love and came up with,

"You smell like home"
"Then stay with me."

In the same format as the others you have there. You guys may already have something like this in place, I'm far from done reading through everything, but... it crossed my mind so I figured I'd toss it out there. *shrug* ^_~

Anyway, this is a great project and I'll be coming back here often!
Galaxy-Skull.png ~~ ZNNyeOb.pngyeet
She/Her/Hers || Plagueling/Arcanite
FR+3 || I'm forgetful, PM me if I left something unfinished!

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
@noriaki pinging myself so i can learn this daily hell yea
@noriaki pinging myself so i can learn this daily hell yea
output_stmwxl_by_mrspiduh-dajv49w.gifJp7QW8F.png output_vyosta_by_mrspiduh-dajvdgn.gif
@Xarina

Hello! Sorry for taking so long with the response. It's awesome to see more people finding and taking interest in the project! The sayings I built above are kind of a base. I'm sure tons of variations exist within, including the lovely one you've got there. I went ahead and translated it for you. "Kibohain Hald tagal." "Rise ranen fek" The word ris actually means 'to live' but I thought it worked better.

Also you can sign up for the pinglist here. I was going to have my own, but thought it'd be better to use the general one.
@Xarina

Hello! Sorry for taking so long with the response. It's awesome to see more people finding and taking interest in the project! The sayings I built above are kind of a base. I'm sure tons of variations exist within, including the lovely one you've got there. I went ahead and translated it for you. "Kibohain Hald tagal." "Rise ranen fek" The word ris actually means 'to live' but I thought it worked better.

Also you can sign up for the pinglist here. I was going to have my own, but thought it'd be better to use the general one.
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
@Banjo @Llanai

Hmm, ok so, would something like "Clan of Singing Caverns" translate to "Zulem Arjhunbalyero gat?"

"Clan Singing-caverns of"

There was an extra E in singing but I dropped it. Hope you don't mind me pinging you on here!

also, if you're still looking for clan names to write in the script, i'm game!

@Banjo @Llanai

Hmm, ok so, would something like "Clan of Singing Caverns" translate to "Zulem Arjhunbalyero gat?"

"Clan Singing-caverns of"

There was an extra E in singing but I dropped it. Hope you don't mind me pinging you on here!

also, if you're still looking for clan names to write in the script, i'm game!

NXDQoqy.png7X0qH3m.pngcj4KvtI.png
@Raskies

This is legitimately cool, tagging myself.
@Raskies

This is legitimately cool, tagging myself.
OAgM9ob.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 38 39