Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] Botched Negotiations
[center] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ea8d0763ea25b53a261649f075c11453/tumblr_inline_o23f0bnrIT1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [/center] [columns] [img]http://i.imgur.com/amFpRYr.png[/img] [nextcol][size=4] It had been ages since the last time Mage visited him homelands. He didn't feel the procession was necessary, but the head dragon of defense had insisted that he be accompanied by two body guards. The fae could understand the added protection--his bear was a lazy lout and was more likely to nap than interfere with an assassin's attempt. But he didn't see why anyone else was necessary! Jularia, however, insisted she come along and offer whatever trinkets she could as a token of good nature. Only she and her mate knew that they were all a dime a dozen. Things they could go without. They kept the much more expensive stuff for themselves and the paying customers. The little fae--Mage struggled to remember her name--sitting next to him on Hart's back was a sight-seer. The dragon running the clan's inn had insisted she go with them. Emmeline hadn't been out of the Gardens in years and it was high time she took herself a vacation. So long as Mage was allowed to complete his task and negotiate an alliance with the clan they were visiting, he supposed the added tag-alongs wouldn't hurt. [b]"Is those who we're supposed to meet?"[/b] Hart asked, coming to stop. Across the way was another troop of dragons. Mage climbed atop Hart's head and flicked his head crests in the affirmative, humming. They didn't know the exact location of their headquarters, so he hoped these were the dragons meant to take them the rest of the way. Hart looked to the female Nocturne also acting as body guard and lowered his head. [b]"I'll let you greet them." [/b] Rattle gave him a bewildered look, deflating, then gathered her confidence and lead the small troop of dragons toward the waiting set. She raised her tail in a high arch over her back and lifted her head, trying to appear alert but not threatening. [b]"Hello! I mean, greetings, we have come from the Ivory Gardens. Ambassador Mage requested an audience with the queen?"[/b] [/size] [nextcol] [img]http://i.imgur.com/amFpRYr.png[/img] [/columns] [center][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ea8d0763ea25b53a261649f075c11453/tumblr_inline_o23f0bnrIT1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] @Twillowkins Sorry this took a few extra moments! I had to do a couple things and then got distracted but here it is (I also kept checking and double checking it lmao)! I hope it's okay. X3 Let me know if I need to change something. My posts probably won't all be this long, I just tend to make larger introductions haha
tumblr_inline_o23f0bnrIT1r3lvtf_500.png
amFpRYr.png
It had been ages since the last time Mage visited him homelands. He didn't feel the procession was necessary, but the head dragon of defense had insisted that he be accompanied by two body guards. The fae could understand the added protection--his bear was a lazy lout and was more likely to nap than interfere with an assassin's attempt.

But he didn't see why anyone else was necessary!

Jularia, however, insisted she come along and offer whatever trinkets she could as a token of good nature. Only she and her mate knew that they were all a dime a dozen. Things they could go without. They kept the much more expensive stuff for themselves and the paying customers.

The little fae--Mage struggled to remember her name--sitting next to him on Hart's back was a sight-seer. The dragon running the clan's inn had insisted she go with them. Emmeline hadn't been out of the Gardens in years and it was high time she took herself a vacation. So long as Mage was allowed to complete his task and negotiate an alliance with the clan they were visiting, he supposed the added tag-alongs wouldn't hurt.

"Is those who we're supposed to meet?" Hart asked, coming to stop. Across the way was another troop of dragons.

Mage climbed atop Hart's head and flicked his head crests in the affirmative, humming. They didn't know the exact location of their headquarters, so he hoped these were the dragons meant to take them the rest of the way.

Hart looked to the female Nocturne also acting as body guard and lowered his head. "I'll let you greet them."

Rattle gave him a bewildered look, deflating, then gathered her confidence and lead the small troop of dragons toward the waiting set. She raised her tail in a high arch over her back and lifted her head, trying to appear alert but not threatening. "Hello! I mean, greetings, we have come from the Ivory Gardens. Ambassador Mage requested an audience with the queen?"
amFpRYr.png

@Twillowkins
Sorry this took a few extra moments! I had to do a couple things and then got distracted but here it is (I also kept checking and double checking it lmao)! I hope it's okay. X3 Let me know if I need to change something. My posts probably won't all be this long, I just tend to make larger introductions haha
qOYhgZ9.png
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/Kri_chan/banner_zpsufjw4buk.png[/img] The group on the horizon resolved into a pair of groups. And there was clearly something not quite right. On one side of an invisible line in the sand was a veritable wall of large warm-hued dragons. A crimson, striped Ridgeback stood with a massive Imperial resting indolent at her back and a Guardian at attention beside her. The message was clear. This was a show of force intended to intimidate and impress. Beside them, but with a deliberate stretch of ground between, was a Pearlcatcher, doing her best to look serene and unruffled and unaware of the Ridgeback. The Pearlcatcher's only companion was another Pearlcatcher with similar coloring but none of her companion's serenity. She watched the Ridgeback with obvious dislike. No show of force here. The red and purple dragons might have been two separate clans having a lover's quarrel for all the strangers would know, but the body language was all wrong. It was clear everyone here was familiar, if dysfunctional. [b]"They're late,"[/b] Razina rumbled. [b]"We're early,"[/b] Swirlstrike countered mildly. The dragons were waiting on a scrub-covered ridge near the edges of Arcane territory, where they could watch for the newcomers. When they spotted Mage's entourage, Razina gave the group a critical once-over. [b]"This is a waste of time. What can a nature tribe offer us of value? Wildflowers and birdsong? Bah."[/b] As the foreign Nocturne came forward, Swirlstrike made as if to go forward, but a Wildclaw came out from behind the Guardian, behind which he'd been completely obscured, and started to lope forward. Razina grinned, clearly having planned for her own guard to make the first move. Kethis was the one to approach. He was the smallest of the red contingent of the party, but seemed unconcerned with this. He moved with the lithe gait of a well-practiced predator--clearly a warrior or a hunter or both. For all that, his body language was friendly, even perky. He thudded to a bouncing stop, kicking up crystal dust, and chirped a cheerful greeting. [b]"Hallo, visitors! The Queens await you."[/b] There was only the slightest emphasis on the plural. In a less amicable creature, it might have been a warning. From Kethis, it had the taste of a wry in-joke. Clearly he realized how unusual their clan would seem to the uninitiated. He paced alongside the group, half herding them toward the greeting party. [b]"I hope your travels were easy. I'm Kethis, by the by, royal guard to Queen Razina."[/b] He bobbed his head in the direction of the Ridgeback. [b]"But ah... I believe it was Her Majesty Swirlstrike who invited you."[/b] He indicated the purple, aloof Pearlcatcher pair. Kethis seemed like he wanted to say more, but decided at the last moment to hold his tongue. [img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/Kri_chan/banner_zpsufjw4buk.png[/img] Oh man, I'm gonna have to up my formatting game to make my posts pretty. Also, learn to write faster and edit less! Edit: Banners! I made some!
banner_zpsufjw4buk.png

The group on the horizon resolved into a pair of groups. And there was clearly something not quite right.

On one side of an invisible line in the sand was a veritable wall of large warm-hued dragons. A crimson, striped Ridgeback stood with a massive Imperial resting indolent at her back and a Guardian at attention beside her. The message was clear. This was a show of force intended to intimidate and impress.

Beside them, but with a deliberate stretch of ground between, was a Pearlcatcher, doing her best to look serene and unruffled and unaware of the Ridgeback. The Pearlcatcher's only companion was another Pearlcatcher with similar coloring but none of her companion's serenity. She watched the Ridgeback with obvious dislike. No show of force here. The red and purple dragons might have been two separate clans having a lover's quarrel for all the strangers would know, but the body language was all wrong. It was clear everyone here was familiar, if dysfunctional.

"They're late," Razina rumbled.

"We're early," Swirlstrike countered mildly.

The dragons were waiting on a scrub-covered ridge near the edges of Arcane territory, where they could watch for the newcomers. When they spotted Mage's entourage, Razina gave the group a critical once-over.

"This is a waste of time. What can a nature tribe offer us of value? Wildflowers and birdsong? Bah."

As the foreign Nocturne came forward, Swirlstrike made as if to go forward, but a Wildclaw came out from behind the Guardian, behind which he'd been completely obscured, and started to lope forward. Razina grinned, clearly having planned for her own guard to make the first move.

Kethis was the one to approach. He was the smallest of the red contingent of the party, but seemed unconcerned with this. He moved with the lithe gait of a well-practiced predator--clearly a warrior or a hunter or both. For all that, his body language was friendly, even perky. He thudded to a bouncing stop, kicking up crystal dust, and chirped a cheerful greeting. "Hallo, visitors! The Queens await you."

There was only the slightest emphasis on the plural. In a less amicable creature, it might have been a warning. From Kethis, it had the taste of a wry in-joke. Clearly he realized how unusual their clan would seem to the uninitiated.

He paced alongside the group, half herding them toward the greeting party. "I hope your travels were easy. I'm Kethis, by the by, royal guard to Queen Razina." He bobbed his head in the direction of the Ridgeback. "But ah... I believe it was Her Majesty Swirlstrike who invited you." He indicated the purple, aloof Pearlcatcher pair. Kethis seemed like he wanted to say more, but decided at the last moment to hold his tongue.

banner_zpsufjw4buk.png

Oh man, I'm gonna have to up my formatting game to make my posts pretty. Also, learn to write faster and edit less!

Edit: Banners! I made some!
[center] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ea8d0763ea25b53a261649f075c11453/tumblr_inline_o23f0bnrIT1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [/center] [columns] [img]http://i.imgur.com/amFpRYr.png[/img] [nextcol][size=4] The Wildclaw approached and though there was no threat in his gait, Hart still trotted to Rattle's side. He was responsible for her--well, and the safety of the ambassador--and wasn't going to return to the clan to have her tell her mom about some horrible experience. Rattle might not have been [i]his[/i] daughter, but she was Khu'wei's and that counted for something. She did not miss the good-natured correction and her tail drooped. He might not have meant anything by it, but this was her first real mission outside of her half-baked attempts at adventure and her skin heated beneath her scales. [b]"O-oh. My apologies."[/b] Hart took over from there and greeted Kethis and the rest with a flourished spread of his wings. When he spoke, it was loud enough for all to hear. [b]"We are most humbled by your warm welcomes! I am Hart, and this is my comrade Rattle. Together we have accompanied Ambassador Mage to meet with you, your royal hignesses." [/b] There was a hint of mocking in his tone despite his best efforts to hide it. Politics were a joke to Hart, but Poyo was dumber than a box of claws and Blitzshadow had to attend to clan issues, so he'd been the only one who could come. Mage, the entire time, had been clinging to Hart's neck for dear life and Emmeline had long since been dislodged and left to crawl toward them and instead take up residence on Rattle's back. At his introduction, the Arcane Ambassador straightened out his crown and climbed up to Hart's cranium and stood as tall as he could. He cleared his throat, and tried his best to communicate, his voice flat. [b]"Yes, quite. Thank you, Hart, for that introduction."[/b] His wings fluttered in irritation and he flicked Hart's shoulder with his tail, indicating for his [i]steed[/i] to approach the pearlcatchers. [b]"I am Mage. Thank you for inviting us to your territory."[/b] [/size] [nextcol] [img]http://i.imgur.com/amFpRYr.png[/img] [/columns] [center][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ea8d0763ea25b53a261649f075c11453/tumblr_inline_o23f0bnrIT1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] @Twillowkins I was going to have little pictures of all my dragons up top that linked to their pages but I got lazy and didn't do that. XD I also usually color code all the dialogue, but...I just haven't lmao. Also, I was at work all day so I didn't get the chance to do this until now ;A; don't forget to tag me, though. X3 I almost didn't realize you'd posted!
amFpRYr.png
The Wildclaw approached and though there was no threat in his gait, Hart still trotted to Rattle's side. He was responsible for her--well, and the safety of the ambassador--and wasn't going to return to the clan to have her tell her mom about some horrible experience.

Rattle might not have been his daughter, but she was Khu'wei's and that counted for something.

She did not miss the good-natured correction and her tail drooped. He might not have meant anything by it, but this was her first real mission outside of her half-baked attempts at adventure and her skin heated beneath her scales. "O-oh. My apologies."

Hart took over from there and greeted Kethis and the rest with a flourished spread of his wings. When he spoke, it was loud enough for all to hear. "We are most humbled by your warm welcomes! I am Hart, and this is my comrade Rattle. Together we have accompanied Ambassador Mage to meet with you, your royal hignesses."

There was a hint of mocking in his tone despite his best efforts to hide it. Politics were a joke to Hart, but Poyo was dumber than a box of claws and Blitzshadow had to attend to clan issues, so he'd been the only one who could come.

Mage, the entire time, had been clinging to Hart's neck for dear life and Emmeline had long since been dislodged and left to crawl toward them and instead take up residence on Rattle's back. At his introduction, the Arcane Ambassador straightened out his crown and climbed up to Hart's cranium and stood as tall as he could.

He cleared his throat, and tried his best to communicate, his voice flat. "Yes, quite. Thank you, Hart, for that introduction." His wings fluttered in irritation and he flicked Hart's shoulder with his tail, indicating for his steed to approach the pearlcatchers. "I am Mage. Thank you for inviting us to your territory."
amFpRYr.png

@Twillowkins
I was going to have little pictures of all my dragons up top that linked to their pages but I got lazy and didn't do that. XD I also usually color code all the dialogue, but...I just haven't lmao.

Also, I was at work all day so I didn't get the chance to do this until now ;A; don't forget to tag me, though. X3 I almost didn't realize you'd posted!
qOYhgZ9.png
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/Kri_chan/banner_zpsufjw4buk.png[/img] Kethis made a face when Hart wasn't looking. He'd been that impetuous and contemptuous of bureaucracy once upon a time. Years--decades now, damn--of service in this clan had shaped his opinions. He tried not to let it make him jaded, but he certainly walked more softly. But, who was he to judge? The guard wasn't on his payroll. By the time Mage was making his introduction, Kethis was smiling again at the Coatl's antics. The Wildclaw tried to catch his mate's eye to exchange a look, but Tempesta was keeping an eye on the advancing crowd. He would have time to discuss first impressions with her later, though for now he was left disappointed. A single look could communicate a great deal between partners, as well as reassurance. Working with one's mate was a balancing act, especially for the more emotional half. Swirlstrike somehow managed to make it to polite speaking distance from Mage first, without seeming to hurry. [b]"Ambassador! Thank you so much for making the journey to pursue talks with our clan. We are honored. Our home is nearby, and we have accommodations ready. I am Swirlstrike. This is my daughter and heir, Shea, and this is my fellow clan leader, Razina. There are two courts in our clan, which contribute equally to our success, in their own ways. This won't interfere with our talks."[/b] There wasn't the slightest hint of doubt in her tone. Razina towered over the Pearlcatcher and leaned in for effect. [b]"Greetings. We look forward to exploring what of value we have to offer one another."[/b] Her expression was all teeth and no warmth. To the side and behind of the group, as the guards were distracted with the political posturing, a scuff sounded beside Emmeline, and a shadow fell over her white and gold scales. [b]"Would you care for assistance, madam Fae?"[/b] a coal-colored Tundra paced her. His coat was spotted and well cared for, and he pitched his voice low and soothing. [b]"I'm one of the traders for this clan. Call me Tin."[/b] [img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/Kri_chan/banner_zpsufjw4buk.png[/img] Ohhh, pings. No wonder I always got lost in the forums before. Let's see if I can manage this... @IvoryMuffin
banner_zpsufjw4buk.png

Kethis made a face when Hart wasn't looking. He'd been that impetuous and contemptuous of bureaucracy once upon a time. Years--decades now, damn--of service in this clan had shaped his opinions. He tried not to let it make him jaded, but he certainly walked more softly. But, who was he to judge? The guard wasn't on his payroll. By the time Mage was making his introduction, Kethis was smiling again at the Coatl's antics. The Wildclaw tried to catch his mate's eye to exchange a look, but Tempesta was keeping an eye on the advancing crowd. He would have time to discuss first impressions with her later, though for now he was left disappointed. A single look could communicate a great deal between partners, as well as reassurance. Working with one's mate was a balancing act, especially for the more emotional half.

Swirlstrike somehow managed to make it to polite speaking distance from Mage first, without seeming to hurry. "Ambassador! Thank you so much for making the journey to pursue talks with our clan. We are honored. Our home is nearby, and we have accommodations ready. I am Swirlstrike. This is my daughter and heir, Shea, and this is my fellow clan leader, Razina. There are two courts in our clan, which contribute equally to our success, in their own ways. This won't interfere with our talks." There wasn't the slightest hint of doubt in her tone.

Razina towered over the Pearlcatcher and leaned in for effect. "Greetings. We look forward to exploring what of value we have to offer one another." Her expression was all teeth and no warmth.

To the side and behind of the group, as the guards were distracted with the political posturing, a scuff sounded beside Emmeline, and a shadow fell over her white and gold scales. "Would you care for assistance, madam Fae?" a coal-colored Tundra paced her. His coat was spotted and well cared for, and he pitched his voice low and soothing. "I'm one of the traders for this clan. Call me Tin."

banner_zpsufjw4buk.png

Ohhh, pings. No wonder I always got lost in the forums before. Let's see if I can manage this...
@IvoryMuffin
[center] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ea8d0763ea25b53a261649f075c11453/tumblr_inline_o23f0bnrIT1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [/center] [columns] [img]http://i.imgur.com/amFpRYr.png[/img] [nextcol][size=4] Mage's head crests raised with his interest and he replied, [b]"That sounds like a most intriguing dynamic and I hope to hear more of it. As a sign of good faith, we have prepared a package for your clan." [/b] He turned his head to the mirror sitting in the back, picking her claws. When it became clear she had missed her cue, Mage called to her. [b]"Jularia."[/b] The sharpness in his tone was indicated by a flattening of all his crests and wings. She looked up with an irritated scoff, glanced between the dragons present, and sighed. When she spoke, however, she put up a flawless persona, bounding over. She found it incredibly shifty that such a large party had arrived to "welcome" them, but ignored it. So long as she could swindle and push some goods. Her parda familiar uncurled from where it had attempted to nap and approached Jularia. The mirror pulled off the package she carried it over, keeping herself low to the ground and unimposing. She didn't know which one of the queens to give it to, so she just slid it over to the center and decided to let them fight over it. Then, she backed up and recited the speech she'd been practicing. [b]"Greetings, oh honored ones. I am Jularia, merchant extraordinaire. Please accept this most humble of gifts from us of Nature. The whole of Ivory Gardens sends their regards,"[/b] she bowed low until the bottom of her chin brushed the ground and backed further away. The package itself was wrapped in fine cloth and featured different foods and other variety of trinkets and pelts and jewels, accumulated from the various outings the hunters and Blitzshadow's team made to defend the borders. Native plants, and a few clawfuls of magical shards for good measure. Meanwhile, Emmeline leaped almost three feet in the air when the tundra addressed her. She hadn't expected anyone to pay her much attention, and her frills quivered to the beat of her frantic heart. [b]"Oh. I am fine."[/b] Her crests flattened, nervous. The one good thing about being a fae was that her voice never betrayed how nervous or scared she was. Sure, it was written all over her crouched posture, tail wrapped around herself for security, but her voice didn't shake. [b]"I am a. . .guest. My name is Emmeline. Thank you for the offer."[/b] [/size] [nextcol] [img]http://i.imgur.com/amFpRYr.png[/img] [/columns] [center][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ea8d0763ea25b53a261649f075c11453/tumblr_inline_o23f0bnrIT1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] @Twillowkins ;D worked like a charm! [/quote]
amFpRYr.png
Mage's head crests raised with his interest and he replied, "That sounds like a most intriguing dynamic and I hope to hear more of it. As a sign of good faith, we have prepared a package for your clan."

He turned his head to the mirror sitting in the back, picking her claws. When it became clear she had missed her cue, Mage called to her. "Jularia." The sharpness in his tone was indicated by a flattening of all his crests and wings. She looked up with an irritated scoff, glanced between the dragons present, and sighed.

When she spoke, however, she put up a flawless persona, bounding over. She found it incredibly shifty that such a large party had arrived to "welcome" them, but ignored it. So long as she could swindle and push some goods.

Her parda familiar uncurled from where it had attempted to nap and approached Jularia. The mirror pulled off the package she carried it over, keeping herself low to the ground and unimposing. She didn't know which one of the queens to give it to, so she just slid it over to the center and decided to let them fight over it. Then, she backed up and recited the speech she'd been practicing.

"Greetings, oh honored ones. I am Jularia, merchant extraordinaire. Please accept this most humble of gifts from us of Nature. The whole of Ivory Gardens sends their regards," she bowed low until the bottom of her chin brushed the ground and backed further away.

The package itself was wrapped in fine cloth and featured different foods and other variety of trinkets and pelts and jewels, accumulated from the various outings the hunters and Blitzshadow's team made to defend the borders. Native plants, and a few clawfuls of magical shards for good measure.

Meanwhile, Emmeline leaped almost three feet in the air when the tundra addressed her. She hadn't expected anyone to pay her much attention, and her frills quivered to the beat of her frantic heart.

"Oh. I am fine." Her crests flattened, nervous. The one good thing about being a fae was that her voice never betrayed how nervous or scared she was. Sure, it was written all over her crouched posture, tail wrapped around herself for security, but her voice didn't shake. "I am a. . .guest. My name is Emmeline. Thank you for the offer."
amFpRYr.png

@Twillowkins
;D worked like a charm!
[/quote]
qOYhgZ9.png
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/Kri_chan/banner_zpsufjw4buk.png[/img] Tin didn't quite managed to stifle a surprised chuckle. But, seeing that she was in earnest, his face fell. In fact, he flagged his small round ears in a rough approximation of the Fae body language for embarrassment, and he took a courteous step back. [b]"I do apologize for startling you. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Emmeline." [/b] Before he could continue, an obvious silence fell over the two groups. There was a tense moment, as the package slid forward, when things could have gone very badly. Both of the Queens glanced at the package, then each other. Razina's guards and Shey shifted, almost unnoticably, into ready postures. But then a deep, bored voice rumbled from the Imperial, who hadn't moved up to this point and had likely been forgotten. [b]"What's this? Trinkets and baubles? How delightful."[/b] Though massive, the Imperial moved lightly, the only noise coming from a host of chains and jewelry draped around his horns and neck and tail. He didn't so much wear the finery as model it as he strutted around Razina, rubbing his side along hers languidly. However, his long whiskers were lifted in obvious excitement, belying his droll tone. Both of the Queens shifted their attention to him. Shey rolled her eyes. With a hurried nod of excuse to Emmeline and a whispered "I'd better get up there," Tin trotted forward, all bouncing fur and affability. [b]"As Court Trader, it would be my honor to assist you with that, Prince Alastair."[/b] Tin took up the package and brought it closer to the Imperial, who swung his long tail and hindquarters to the side and settled again into an indolent half-circle around Tin and the package, leaning up against Razina. Tin made certain everyone could see what he was doing as he unwrapped. Alastair made small rumblings of amusement or delight at several of the items and selected a few for himself, as well as offering choice pieces to Razina. A few were even doled out to Swirlstrike or the guards with phrases like "Ah, Naturey drivel, you'd enjoy this, Swirl" and "This would clash with my coloring; Shey, dear, take it off my claws". Everyone's postures became noticeably more relaxed. Clearly, everyone either loved Alastair or found him ridiculous, and he drained the competition from the lot. He seemed to insult everyone equally, but no one took offense. Except Razina. He never insulted Razina, and she clearly enjoyed receiving his purring affection. By the end, she turned to the newcomers with something like genuine welcome. [b]"We have space prepared, and you'll be comfortable. How long would you like to stay? We'll have much to discuss, I'm sure."[/b] [img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/Kri_chan/banner_zpsufjw4buk.png[/img] Soooo sorry for taking this long to respond. The weekend was full of introducing new friends to each other, a friend's birthday extravaganza, [i]my[/i] birthday extravaganza, 4th of July shenanigans, and then I got a very large and labor intensive tattoo. Things should be quiet for a while now ;-; @IvoryMuffin
banner_zpsufjw4buk.png

Tin didn't quite managed to stifle a surprised chuckle. But, seeing that she was in earnest, his face fell. In fact, he flagged his small round ears in a rough approximation of the Fae body language for embarrassment, and he took a courteous step back. "I do apologize for startling you. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Emmeline."

Before he could continue, an obvious silence fell over the two groups.

There was a tense moment, as the package slid forward, when things could have gone very badly.

Both of the Queens glanced at the package, then each other. Razina's guards and Shey shifted, almost unnoticably, into ready postures.

But then a deep, bored voice rumbled from the Imperial, who hadn't moved up to this point and had likely been forgotten. "What's this? Trinkets and baubles? How delightful." Though massive, the Imperial moved lightly, the only noise coming from a host of chains and jewelry draped around his horns and neck and tail. He didn't so much wear the finery as model it as he strutted around Razina, rubbing his side along hers languidly. However, his long whiskers were lifted in obvious excitement, belying his droll tone.

Both of the Queens shifted their attention to him. Shey rolled her eyes.

With a hurried nod of excuse to Emmeline and a whispered "I'd better get up there," Tin trotted forward, all bouncing fur and affability. "As Court Trader, it would be my honor to assist you with that, Prince Alastair." Tin took up the package and brought it closer to the Imperial, who swung his long tail and hindquarters to the side and settled again into an indolent half-circle around Tin and the package, leaning up against Razina. Tin made certain everyone could see what he was doing as he unwrapped.

Alastair made small rumblings of amusement or delight at several of the items and selected a few for himself, as well as offering choice pieces to Razina. A few were even doled out to Swirlstrike or the guards with phrases like "Ah, Naturey drivel, you'd enjoy this, Swirl" and "This would clash with my coloring; Shey, dear, take it off my claws". Everyone's postures became noticeably more relaxed. Clearly, everyone either loved Alastair or found him ridiculous, and he drained the competition from the lot. He seemed to insult everyone equally, but no one took offense. Except Razina. He never insulted Razina, and she clearly enjoyed receiving his purring affection. By the end, she turned to the newcomers with something like genuine welcome.

"We have space prepared, and you'll be comfortable. How long would you like to stay? We'll have much to discuss, I'm sure."

banner_zpsufjw4buk.png

Soooo sorry for taking this long to respond. The weekend was full of introducing new friends to each other, a friend's birthday extravaganza, my birthday extravaganza, 4th of July shenanigans, and then I got a very large and labor intensive tattoo.

Things should be quiet for a while now ;-;

@IvoryMuffin
[center] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ea8d0763ea25b53a261649f075c11453/tumblr_inline_o23f0bnrIT1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [/center] [columns] [img]http://i.imgur.com/amFpRYr.png[/img] [nextcol][size=4] Emmeline opened her maw to return Tin's platitude, but realized in time that something was going on. That tension now permeated the air. She flattened herself and turned to find the two courts having a stare-down with the package Jularia had brought with her. The mirror hadn't actually expected a literal fight, but it seemed her errant thought might become prophesy. Jularia sat and watched with earnest, finding herself actually [i]hoping[/i] for the two groups of dragons to start brawling over her goods. There should have been enough for all of them to have at least a little bit of goods, but sure they could quarrel. Anything would be more entertaining than listening to Mage try to negotiate an alliance. Hart slowly edged back, his wings spread apart slightly, glad the fae ambassasor was already somewhere safe. Rattle kept glancing from Hart to the others, wondering if this was alright. Had they known they would be facing two different factions within a single clan? They should have brought two packages! Oh, this was going horribly for her first time out on a mission like this. However, the tension was broken by a imperial--Hart heard him called a "prince" and he claimed the gift for himself. Mage relaxed by margin atop his wildclaw steed and jumped down to the ground (earning a protest from Hart that he ignored). [b]"This is but a small taste of the resources and goods we can offer if we are to agree to an alliance. We also have very capable warriors, my guard Hart being one of them, that would be more than happy to come to your aid if you find yourself in need,"[/b] Mage explained, indicating with a flick of his tail. [/size] [nextcol] [img]http://i.imgur.com/amFpRYr.png[/img] [/columns] [center][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ea8d0763ea25b53a261649f075c11453/tumblr_inline_o23f0bnrIT1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] @Twillowkins I uh. I really like your...tentacle vista... =w= And that's fine! :D Happy belated birthday! I just hope I'm doing okay, I've never been good at politics and bureaucracy myself so I'm kind of winging all of this banter XDD
amFpRYr.png
Emmeline opened her maw to return Tin's platitude, but realized in time that something was going on. That tension now permeated the air. She flattened herself and turned to find the two courts having a stare-down with the package Jularia had brought with her.

The mirror hadn't actually expected a literal fight, but it seemed her errant thought might become prophesy. Jularia sat and watched with earnest, finding herself actually hoping for the two groups of dragons to start brawling over her goods. There should have been enough for all of them to have at least a little bit of goods, but sure they could quarrel.

Anything would be more entertaining than listening to Mage try to negotiate an alliance.

Hart slowly edged back, his wings spread apart slightly, glad the fae ambassasor was already somewhere safe. Rattle kept glancing from Hart to the others, wondering if this was alright. Had they known they would be facing two different factions within a single clan? They should have brought two packages! Oh, this was going horribly for her first time out on a mission like this.

However, the tension was broken by a imperial--Hart heard him called a "prince" and he claimed the gift for himself. Mage relaxed by margin atop his wildclaw steed and jumped down to the ground (earning a protest from Hart that he ignored).

"This is but a small taste of the resources and goods we can offer if we are to agree to an alliance. We also have very capable warriors, my guard Hart being one of them, that would be more than happy to come to your aid if you find yourself in need," Mage explained, indicating with a flick of his tail.
amFpRYr.png

@Twillowkins
I uh.
I really like your...tentacle vista... =w=

And that's fine! :D Happy belated birthday! I just hope I'm doing okay, I've never been good at politics and bureaucracy myself so I'm kind of winging all of this banter XDD
qOYhgZ9.png
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/Kri_chan/banner_zpsufjw4buk.png[/img] [b]"Good. Let us walk; we'll get to know one another on the way to our lair."[/b] Razina made an imperious gesture with her head and one paw, for Mage--and Hart, by association--to walk abreast with her. Swirlstrike made space as well, clearly intending to walk alongside. [b]"We also have gifts to show our welcome,"[/b] the Pearlcatcher said, [b]"Our head merchant has them closer to the safety of home. We wanted to meet you further afield. There have been... unsavory activities in the Arcane lands lately. You might have noticed we have rather a lot of muscle accompanying us."[/b] The Queen gave Mage a you-understand-dear sort of smile. [b]"It isn't how I prefer to travel, I assure you."[/b] Shey, looking out of place, went to assist the Tundra in gathering the Nature clan's gifts back into their bundle. Tin settled them on his back, and the two caught up with the party. Tempesta had fallen back to keep watch over the dragons as they packed up, and she took up rear guard. Kethis ranged around the party in scout mode. Tin, ambling up to the group, wound up near Emmeline again, as if by accident. He cleared his throat gently this time to get her attention. He seemed like a bashful creature, a little awkward, but he was trying. [b]"Are you the ambassador's assistant? Or maybe with the trader, Jularia? I haven't done much traveling... only when I was young and came to this clan."[/b] He scrunched his nose a bit, possibly to draw attention to, or hide, his green eyes. [img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/Kri_chan/banner_zpsufjw4buk.png[/img] @IvoryMuffin Hurr, thanks >|3 It seemed appropriate, since my tattoo is an octopus~ And it was a fabulous whirlwind weekend birthday party, thanks! You're doing fine. I'm all about the espionage and double-speak. If your clan isn't into that, then play them that way. But I will probably throw some curveballs at the poor innocents, just you wait. Feel free to have your dragons call any of mine out for their underhanded ways. On the same token, is this fun for you? If it's just frustrating, I can change it up.
banner_zpsufjw4buk.png

"Good. Let us walk; we'll get to know one another on the way to our lair." Razina made an imperious gesture with her head and one paw, for Mage--and Hart, by association--to walk abreast with her. Swirlstrike made space as well, clearly intending to walk alongside. "We also have gifts to show our welcome," the Pearlcatcher said, "Our head merchant has them closer to the safety of home. We wanted to meet you further afield. There have been... unsavory activities in the Arcane lands lately. You might have noticed we have rather a lot of muscle accompanying us." The Queen gave Mage a you-understand-dear sort of smile. "It isn't how I prefer to travel, I assure you."

Shey, looking out of place, went to assist the Tundra in gathering the Nature clan's gifts back into their bundle. Tin settled them on his back, and the two caught up with the party. Tempesta had fallen back to keep watch over the dragons as they packed up, and she took up rear guard. Kethis ranged around the party in scout mode.

Tin, ambling up to the group, wound up near Emmeline again, as if by accident. He cleared his throat gently this time to get her attention. He seemed like a bashful creature, a little awkward, but he was trying. "Are you the ambassador's assistant? Or maybe with the trader, Jularia? I haven't done much traveling... only when I was young and came to this clan." He scrunched his nose a bit, possibly to draw attention to, or hide, his green eyes.

banner_zpsufjw4buk.png

@IvoryMuffin

Hurr, thanks >|3 It seemed appropriate, since my tattoo is an octopus~

And it was a fabulous whirlwind weekend birthday party, thanks!

You're doing fine. I'm all about the espionage and double-speak. If your clan isn't into that, then play them that way. But I will probably throw some curveballs at the poor innocents, just you wait. Feel free to have your dragons call any of mine out for their underhanded ways. On the same token, is this fun for you? If it's just frustrating, I can change it up.

[center] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ea8d0763ea25b53a261649f075c11453/tumblr_inline_o23f0bnrIT1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [/center] [columns] [img]http://i.imgur.com/amFpRYr.png[/img] [nextcol][size=4] Mage gave Hart an unnecessary command and the wildclaw huffed in irritation before trotting to travel astride the court queens. He cleared his throat and held his frills up high as he spoke, trying to appear open and friendly. [b]"It has been some time since I've been back in my homelands. I hope that once business is concluded you would do me the honor of catching me up on local gossip. But for now, I am looking forward to seeing your clan's home,"[/b] he said with earnest. They hadn't extended their reaches to Arcane in quite some time, and he was happy to be back to the place of his birth. The shimmering crystals were better than any flower. Hart cut in, much to the distaste of Mage, but he tried not to let it show. [b]"If all goes well, you'll have to come see the Gardens. Got all kinds of plants I don't even know the names to you could. . .categorize and, um, research. . . ,"[/b] he felt Mage glaring holes into the back of his head so he clamped his jaw shut. So much for trying to make friendly conversation.[i] Be seen, not heard[/i]. He could do that. Emmeline managed not to flip her lid this time when Tin addressed her, and this time she responded to him with a familiar ruffle of her wings. It was quickly followed by drooping frills and she turned her head away at his question. [b]"No. I was made to come along. I work at the Gardens' inn and I haven't left since I was brought a few days after hatching. It's a mandatory vacation,"[/b] she admitted, her speech fraught with nervous twitches of her tail. Though she wasn't the most observant or the brightest dragon present, she caught Tin's hints and blinked at him. [b]"You are Nature-born?"[/b] [/size] [nextcol] [img]http://i.imgur.com/amFpRYr.png[/img] [/columns] [center][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ea8d0763ea25b53a261649f075c11453/tumblr_inline_o23f0bnrIT1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] @Twillowkins Sorry for the wait! Pokemon Go dropped and I've...been to the [i]outernet[/i] all weekend lmao IT'S SO BRIGHT. It's not at all frustrating! Just wanted to warn you XD
amFpRYr.png
Mage gave Hart an unnecessary command and the wildclaw huffed in irritation before trotting to travel astride the court queens. He cleared his throat and held his frills up high as he spoke, trying to appear open and friendly.

"It has been some time since I've been back in my homelands. I hope that once business is concluded you would do me the honor of catching me up on local gossip. But for now, I am looking forward to seeing your clan's home," he said with earnest.

They hadn't extended their reaches to Arcane in quite some time, and he was happy to be back to the place of his birth. The shimmering crystals were better than any flower.

Hart cut in, much to the distaste of Mage, but he tried not to let it show. "If all goes well, you'll have to come see the Gardens. Got all kinds of plants I don't even know the names to you could. . .categorize and, um, research. . . ," he felt Mage glaring holes into the back of his head so he clamped his jaw shut.

So much for trying to make friendly conversation. Be seen, not heard. He could do that.

Emmeline managed not to flip her lid this time when Tin addressed her, and this time she responded to him with a familiar ruffle of her wings. It was quickly followed by drooping frills and she turned her head away at his question.

"No. I was made to come along. I work at the Gardens' inn and I haven't left since I was brought a few days after hatching. It's a mandatory vacation," she admitted, her speech fraught with nervous twitches of her tail.

Though she wasn't the most observant or the brightest dragon present, she caught Tin's hints and blinked at him. "You are Nature-born?"
amFpRYr.png

@Twillowkins
Sorry for the wait! Pokemon Go dropped and I've...been to the outernet all weekend lmao IT'S SO BRIGHT. It's not at all frustrating! Just wanted to warn you XD
qOYhgZ9.png