Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A huge time saver
It would be good to have a button on the lair page that bonds with all of your familiars that are set to dragons at once. It would save a lot of time for people who have a busy schedule and don't have time to click through all of them individually.
It would be good to have a button on the lair page that bonds with all of your familiars that are set to dragons at once. It would save a lot of time for people who have a busy schedule and don't have time to click through all of them individually.
tumblr_inline_o89j0eLaTC1u4vlyd_400.png
I think a bond all button/feature should only be used for already awakened familiars. For any of the un-awakened familiars, the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the un-awakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 un-awakened familiars, for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action.

I would like to see a way to bond your familiars through the bestiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon or another such method.
I think a bond all button/feature should only be used for already awakened familiars. For any of the un-awakened familiars, the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the un-awakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 un-awakened familiars, for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action.

I would like to see a way to bond your familiars through the bestiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon or another such method.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Only get as many familiars as you're able to bond with them. If you're on a schedule, focus on bonding with 10-15 familiars instead of 45-50.
Only get as many familiars as you're able to bond with them. If you're on a schedule, focus on bonding with 10-15 familiars instead of 45-50.
Sorry, no support.

There are too many cons to the idea:

1. Lag - bonding with familiars takes several steps. It has to read the bonding status (has it been bonded yet), then it has to read the level, then it has to update the level, determine what rewards are to be given out, it has to write said label and then change the status to bonded. With users with 175 dragons with unawakened familiars attached that would be a LOT of things to do for one little button.

2. Effort - Bonding is not a required portion of the site and it can give out good stuff in the form of chests. Even the treasure given can add up after a few weeks. That isn't something that should be given out just for one quick click of a button.

3. Lore - Lore is that an individual dragon is bonding with a familiar (not individual, but perhaps an ambassador) for the whole clan. It wouldn't make sense that some random draogn would go into the familiar room and wave its claws and say, stack your money and chests by the door on the way out.

There are probably a couple more points I have forgotten.

While I would like a more streamlined way of bonding, I can't support any way of bonding with familiars who are NOT attached to a dragon. Again, it makes about as much sense as someone going down a shelter hall, running their hands along the cages and saying ,there I bonded with you gimme money. (at least to me). I might support being able to bond with awakened familiars that aren't attached (as these are supposed to be companions of the clan and the highest level of bonding between dragon clan and familiar clan) but not a one click button.

I would also support a more streamlined way of switching out familiars on dragons as well.
Sorry, no support.

There are too many cons to the idea:

1. Lag - bonding with familiars takes several steps. It has to read the bonding status (has it been bonded yet), then it has to read the level, then it has to update the level, determine what rewards are to be given out, it has to write said label and then change the status to bonded. With users with 175 dragons with unawakened familiars attached that would be a LOT of things to do for one little button.

2. Effort - Bonding is not a required portion of the site and it can give out good stuff in the form of chests. Even the treasure given can add up after a few weeks. That isn't something that should be given out just for one quick click of a button.

3. Lore - Lore is that an individual dragon is bonding with a familiar (not individual, but perhaps an ambassador) for the whole clan. It wouldn't make sense that some random draogn would go into the familiar room and wave its claws and say, stack your money and chests by the door on the way out.

There are probably a couple more points I have forgotten.

While I would like a more streamlined way of bonding, I can't support any way of bonding with familiars who are NOT attached to a dragon. Again, it makes about as much sense as someone going down a shelter hall, running their hands along the cages and saying ,there I bonded with you gimme money. (at least to me). I might support being able to bond with awakened familiars that aren't attached (as these are supposed to be companions of the clan and the highest level of bonding between dragon clan and familiar clan) but not a one click button.

I would also support a more streamlined way of switching out familiars on dragons as well.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
:oo fair enough then
:oo fair enough then
tumblr_inline_o89j0eLaTC1u4vlyd_400.png
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars permanently connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get over 400 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 20,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that FR should just give me cap every day since it would be a "huge time saver" and since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars permanently connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get over 400 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 20,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that FR should just give me cap every day since it would be a "huge time saver" and since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support.

Bonding is not supposed to be done in a click of a button. It's a reward for effort, not for clicking a button. why should you get 5 gilded chests as a reward for clicking a button?

Plus the fact, do you bond with 50 people at a time?
No support.

Bonding is not supposed to be done in a click of a button. It's a reward for effort, not for clicking a button. why should you get 5 gilded chests as a reward for clicking a button?

Plus the fact, do you bond with 50 people at a time?