Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | On Hatchlings and Rivals -closed RP
@EtheHorse [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17838513] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/178386/17838513_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24605932] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/246060/24605932_350.png[/img] [/url] It was a simple duty. Any dragon could watch [i]one [/i]little hatchling for a few days, right? Right? Howlite cringed as she circled the glittering waters of the Gladeveins. She had left the Ice hatchling, Aries, to nap in the grass while she stretched her wings for a few minutes, but now the Spiral was gone, along with sandwastes sash she’d laid over Aries as a blanket. “Iris is gonna kill me,” Howlite lifted off and barreled back towards the cliff face. Maybe if she gathered a search party before she broke the news, Iris and Cricket wouldn’t thrash her on the spot. Let's see, she'd need at least one sentinel, maybe an aura reader or an empath...
@EtheHorse

17838513_350.png

24605932_350.png

It was a simple duty. Any dragon could watch one little hatchling for a few days, right? Right?
Howlite cringed as she circled the glittering waters of the Gladeveins. She had left the Ice hatchling, Aries, to nap in the grass while she stretched her wings for a few minutes, but now the Spiral was gone, along with sandwastes sash she’d laid over Aries as a blanket.

“Iris is gonna kill me,” Howlite lifted off and barreled back towards the cliff face. Maybe if she gathered a search party before she broke the news, Iris and Cricket wouldn’t thrash her on the spot. Let's see, she'd need at least one sentinel, maybe an aura reader or an empath...
@MollyMoxer [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13834543] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/138346/13834543_350.png[/img] [/url] Agaric slithered silently through the ferns. His paws crept across the soft earth, careful to not make a sound. Ruby eyes peered through the foliage, locked on their target, a wetland unicorn. The seasoned hunter readied his muscles for action as he waited patiently for his prey to approach him. The snapping of a stick behind him gave away his cover, spurring the unicorn into a state of panic. Agaric growled in frustration as he leaped after his fleeing prey, but it was too late, the unicorn had already disappeared into trees. The Mirror spun around and snarled. He knew it was another dragon that scared off the unicorn. Agaric wasn't sure which one angrier with, his prey being startled or that there was a foreign dragon in Oakmere's territory. "Come out!" he growled. "I know you're there!"
@MollyMoxer

13834543_350.png

Agaric slithered silently through the ferns. His paws crept across the soft earth, careful to not make a sound. Ruby eyes peered through the foliage, locked on their target, a wetland unicorn. The seasoned hunter readied his muscles for action as he waited patiently for his prey to approach him. The snapping of a stick behind him gave away his cover, spurring the unicorn into a state of panic. Agaric growled in frustration as he leaped after his fleeing prey, but it was too late, the unicorn had already disappeared into trees. The Mirror spun around and snarled. He knew it was another dragon that scared off the unicorn. Agaric wasn't sure which one angrier with, his prey being startled or that there was a foreign dragon in Oakmere's territory. "Come out!" he growled. "I know you're there!"
frsig5_zpsd2a6a485.png
@Ethehorse
Aries crept out with a sheepish look and a striped sash wrapped around her like a cloak. She ducked her head a bit. "Sorry. I was trying to watch. Iris says I'm too young to hunt, so I have to stay with Bronzite when the other adults go." She shuffled her feet, not quite able to meet the Mirror's eye. "...so how do you catch a unicorn?"

Meanwhile, Howlite was weaving her way through the sentinels' latest patrol, explaining what just happened to Hauyne and Iolite, sputtering and gasping for breath. At the words "hatchling" and "trouble", Aventurine had already started for Iris and Cricket's den. This wasn't going to be pretty, but neither would the Progenitors' reaction if they delayed at all.
@Ethehorse
Aries crept out with a sheepish look and a striped sash wrapped around her like a cloak. She ducked her head a bit. "Sorry. I was trying to watch. Iris says I'm too young to hunt, so I have to stay with Bronzite when the other adults go." She shuffled her feet, not quite able to meet the Mirror's eye. "...so how do you catch a unicorn?"

Meanwhile, Howlite was weaving her way through the sentinels' latest patrol, explaining what just happened to Hauyne and Iolite, sputtering and gasping for breath. At the words "hatchling" and "trouble", Aventurine had already started for Iris and Cricket's den. This wasn't going to be pretty, but neither would the Progenitors' reaction if they delayed at all.
@MollyMoxer

Agaric blinked in surprise as the little hatchling slithered from her hiding place. He had expected a confrontation with an aggressive, dragon intruder, not a tiny, curious sprout. The hunter sighed and softened his stance. "Kid, what are doing out here by yourself? Don't you know dangerous for a hatchling like you to be wandering out here by herself?" He crouched down to the her level, concern slowly replaced the look of frustration and anger in his red eyes.
@MollyMoxer

Agaric blinked in surprise as the little hatchling slithered from her hiding place. He had expected a confrontation with an aggressive, dragon intruder, not a tiny, curious sprout. The hunter sighed and softened his stance. "Kid, what are doing out here by yourself? Don't you know dangerous for a hatchling like you to be wandering out here by herself?" He crouched down to the her level, concern slowly replaced the look of frustration and anger in his red eyes.
frsig5_zpsd2a6a485.png
@Ethehorse
"I knowww," she sighed, "but I wanted to prove I could catch something too and Howl went flying or something so..." Aries ended with a shrug. A sudden realization crossed her face. She grinned sheepishly. "You're not gonna tell Iris and Cricket, right?" She was definitely in trouble if the stranger told the clan leaders. It wouldn't be as much trouble as Howlite would be in, but still.
@Ethehorse
"I knowww," she sighed, "but I wanted to prove I could catch something too and Howl went flying or something so..." Aries ended with a shrug. A sudden realization crossed her face. She grinned sheepishly. "You're not gonna tell Iris and Cricket, right?" She was definitely in trouble if the stranger told the clan leaders. It wouldn't be as much trouble as Howlite would be in, but still.
@MollyMoxer

"I don't know." Agaric replied. " You're not going to give me trouble, are you?" He squinted his four eyes at the hatchling as if trying to squeeze the truth from her. Despite his sour face, he was a little concerned for the hatchling being out here in Briartail country. He was surprised she hadn't been picked off by the barbaric centaur herd, or gobbled up by any of the Labyrinth's creatures who could see this little hatchling as a pleasant snack. The Mirror stood up and flicked his slender tail, looking around at the thick forest around them. "What clan are you from? Do you know where they are?"
@MollyMoxer

"I don't know." Agaric replied. " You're not going to give me trouble, are you?" He squinted his four eyes at the hatchling as if trying to squeeze the truth from her. Despite his sour face, he was a little concerned for the hatchling being out here in Briartail country. He was surprised she hadn't been picked off by the barbaric centaur herd, or gobbled up by any of the Labyrinth's creatures who could see this little hatchling as a pleasant snack. The Mirror stood up and flicked his slender tail, looking around at the thick forest around them. "What clan are you from? Do you know where they are?"
frsig5_zpsd2a6a485.png
@EtheHorse
"I won't, I promise!" Aries nodded readily and took a deep breath. "I'm part of the Garren now! They live in the Stacks. Well, actually most of the dens are just near the Stacks but the archivists always fall asleep on the job anyways." The hatchling babbled away in typical Spiral fashion, using her tail to gesture this way and that. "I live in the hatchery with Nuu and my friend Verdite, but she's sick so Nuu has to take care of her and Howlite said she'd take me out on a trip with her. I had to take a nap 'cause we've been up since sunrise, but I couldn't find her when I woke up so I went to hunt something. I'm not strong enough in the Sight to find her or a unicorn, but I can tell she'll be back soon so I had to hurry and catch something."

Her ear flicked. "So what clan are you from? Where do they live? What do you guys do?" She was now fully absorbed in hearing about the Mirror.
@EtheHorse
"I won't, I promise!" Aries nodded readily and took a deep breath. "I'm part of the Garren now! They live in the Stacks. Well, actually most of the dens are just near the Stacks but the archivists always fall asleep on the job anyways." The hatchling babbled away in typical Spiral fashion, using her tail to gesture this way and that. "I live in the hatchery with Nuu and my friend Verdite, but she's sick so Nuu has to take care of her and Howlite said she'd take me out on a trip with her. I had to take a nap 'cause we've been up since sunrise, but I couldn't find her when I woke up so I went to hunt something. I'm not strong enough in the Sight to find her or a unicorn, but I can tell she'll be back soon so I had to hurry and catch something."

Her ear flicked. "So what clan are you from? Where do they live? What do you guys do?" She was now fully absorbed in hearing about the Mirror.