Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [Survey]Dog Training! Dog Owners Needed!
1 2
Do you own a dog? Are you a dog trainer? A dog lover? I need you!
I am currently on my long journey into becoming an educated dog trainer! I really want to ask some questions to a vast range of different people to get a good idea of how many people use different tools and methods. I will be using this information for my personal use, maybe some day for my business or just in a slide show to show family/friends, future clients, and to educate others!
Please answer every question as truthfully as possible and provide as much info as possible!
I ask you to add your username if you'd like as I would love to chat with some of you and maybe ask a few more questions. I really want to educate and enlighten people of better ways to train their dogs. I can also answer training questions to help you with your dog!

Click Here for the Survey!

I also encourage you to post here once you are done as I'd love to message you about your answers to maybe get some more info and to chat! <3
(just let me know what you put in your answers so I can find which one is yours, these are anonymous.)
Do you own a dog? Are you a dog trainer? A dog lover? I need you!
I am currently on my long journey into becoming an educated dog trainer! I really want to ask some questions to a vast range of different people to get a good idea of how many people use different tools and methods. I will be using this information for my personal use, maybe some day for my business or just in a slide show to show family/friends, future clients, and to educate others!
Please answer every question as truthfully as possible and provide as much info as possible!
I ask you to add your username if you'd like as I would love to chat with some of you and maybe ask a few more questions. I really want to educate and enlighten people of better ways to train their dogs. I can also answer training questions to help you with your dog!

Click Here for the Survey!

I also encourage you to post here once you are done as I'd love to message you about your answers to maybe get some more info and to chat! <3
(just let me know what you put in your answers so I can find which one is yours, these are anonymous.)
I answered it. You'll know it's me either because I was the first or because I was rather forceful in how I felt.
I answered it. You'll know it's me either because I was the first or because I was rather forceful in how I felt.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
I answered it too, forgot to leave a note though. :p
I answered it too, forgot to leave a note though. :p
0qjbKvG.png (c) Osayio
@ashotinthedark
@Ogham
thanks so much for taking it! <3
I'm loving all of the answers so far! c:
@ashotinthedark
@Ogham
thanks so much for taking it! <3
I'm loving all of the answers so far! c:
I answered it, I learned a lot on how to train dogs from my mom, who's worked with them for 20 years, and has to know a lot about how they behave to not get bit by a nasty dog. (she's a groomer)
I answered it, I learned a lot on how to train dogs from my mom, who's worked with them for 20 years, and has to know a lot about how they behave to not get bit by a nasty dog. (she's a groomer)
> sasser
any pronouns
> accent shop
9TbvK.gifEwSCN.gif576zR.gif
@FreefallFlying
thank so much! <3
@FreefallFlying
thank so much! <3
I answered it! Although I had to workaround the first question since I plan to use a choke collar in the future.
I answered it! Although I had to workaround the first question since I plan to use a choke collar in the future.
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
@ksea

I did it. I have the BBM and sighthound mix.
@ksea

I did it. I have the BBM and sighthound mix.
zQ6DQTa.png
I don't normally respond to these things but I went ahead and answered.
I feel pretty strongly about certain outdated training methods but at least kept my language pg13.

Edit:
For more info if you want to talk and actually made it through the novel I just posted on your survey, I am the person who ended on the note of "I wants to be who my dogs think I am, so I treat them with the love and respect they deserve." and mentioned my own ideas of how animals should be treated were first influenced by my parrot, since they are so negatively impacted by hurtful training methods.
I don't normally respond to these things but I went ahead and answered.
I feel pretty strongly about certain outdated training methods but at least kept my language pg13.

Edit:
For more info if you want to talk and actually made it through the novel I just posted on your survey, I am the person who ended on the note of "I wants to be who my dogs think I am, so I treat them with the love and respect they deserve." and mentioned my own ideas of how animals should be treated were first influenced by my parrot, since they are so negatively impacted by hurtful training methods.
I posted. I've been working with dogs for a number of years and I currently have been working with a Service Dog for the past 4 years :)
I posted. I've been working with dogs for a number of years and I currently have been working with a Service Dog for the past 4 years :)
1 2