Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] The Evolution
1 2
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/siTyYXT.png[/img] [i]Something... strange has been happening at Clan Starsky. It has always been a clan of odd happenings and strange magics, but this is something more.[/i] [i][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTwGpsS9bh0]{{Theme}}[/url][/i] [/center] [right]Contents > [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1904887#post_20980979]Prologue: The Move[/url] > [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1904887#post_20996821]Fern[/url] > [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1904887#post_22744907]Blossom[/url] > ??? > ??? > ??? [/right] ----- [center] [i][Ask to be pinged for future updates!][/i] @Dragontime @eggcactus [img]http://i.imgur.com/hJpXODX.png[/img]
siTyYXT.png

Something... strange has been happening at Clan Starsky. It has always been a clan of odd happenings and strange magics, but this is something more.

{{Theme}}

Contents

> Prologue: The Move
> Fern
> Blossom
> ???
> ???
> ???

[Ask to be pinged for future updates!]
@Dragontime @eggcactus

hJpXODX.png
fguisa.png
................e0gVkz3.png ................. 5hF3FGk.png
................. xj6Mn2e.png
................. CISPrku.png
................. etYYz4O.png
The Move

The whole clan was alive with movement and excitement; today was the day. Only a week ago was it announced that they were moving. Not just moving within the labyrinth; they were moving to the Starfall Isles. A decision that caused much controversy, but not one unforeseen. Ryder had been acting restless for months, taking off and leaving on long journeys for weeks at a time. As much as the gardens had taken her, they had not quelled the wind within her soul. The choice to move to the Isles was not too much of a surprise, either. It was often said by travelers and passersby that had they not been situated in Nature lands, they would very easily be mistaken for Arcanites. The controversy didn't last long, those who were loyal to Starsky were so because of the familial bonds they held, not because of the lands they sat upon. Most everyone had no qualms with it; most not meaning all, however.

"Ryder, honestly, be reasonable. It's folly to even think about it, why would you ever want to leave the labyrinth? Really though, from us to those... those... bumbling buffons who think they know magic?" Evewern had her arms crossed, looking at the Coatl with irritation. Ryder sighed for the umpteenth time.
"We've talked about this at length and you will not be changing my mind. I'm not looking for better. There is no better between flights. I simply feel it's time for a change. Like I said, we are perfectly understanding if you Created wish to stay here. We will be sad to leave family behind, but the Isles call to me, Evewern. You're such a strong believer in premonition and fate, you should support this." Ryder walked off with an air of finality, leaving the wooden structure that had served as the council house until now. The skydancer tsked under her breath, following behind and flying off. From the air, she could see the busy preparations of the clan; the usually decorated and cluttered meadow was now nearly empty, save for a few houses and the containers of items to be brought. Every dragon was busy loading, save for a small group off to the side, the group Evewern was looking for. She made straight for them, landing gracefully on the grass besides them. A tiny fae was playing with a flower blossom, trying to keep it in the air with just her wings, and another skydancer was sitting calmly, watching. Evewern cleared her throat and both dragons turned to look at her, the fae coming over almost dejectedly.
"I've done all I can, but she's too stubborn. I don't know what I expected from a normal dragon, much less one from elsewhere." Evewern huffed.
"Well, uh, we never really had a problem with it. Sorry that it didn't work?" Fern shrugged. Blossom nodded quietly in response. Evewern looked almost indignant at the response.
"I- But- You-", she sputtered, "You call yourselves Created! Leave with them and wither, if you want, I'm not going to save you. And take that... that... thing with you. Let her wither too." Evewern took off and flew over the treeline, both dragons left behind in stunned silence.
"I've never seen her that way before. Do you think we'll really wither?" Fern asked of the other skydancer. She pondered for a moment before shrugging.
"If it were anywhere else, I would say absolutely. I feel as though the Arcane energies will sustain us well enough, however." Blossom stated. Fern looked somewhat comforted by that before their meeting was interrupted by a rather large snapper.
"Hello there, friends! I was sent over on a most important task, to alert our dearest Created that we are set and leaving! Say, where is our uptight fellow?" The crown on his head wiggled precariously as he turned around to look for her.
"Thanks, Cuddlebuns. She's not coming. I think. I'm pretty sure?" Fern shrugged. "I gotta tell Juniper. You all go ahead, we'll catch up!" He nodded and strode off cheerfully to the awaiting party, Blossom pausing for a second.
"Are you sure you want to get her alone?" she asked.
"Yeah! Don't worry about it, she's fine. You go on ahead!" Blossom looked unsure as she flew off and joined them. The group was still for a moment, the shouting of Ryder only a murmur from where Fern was, and they lifted off. Fern took in the silence after they left before scurrying into the dense foliage. She scurried over to a part of the trees where the sun didn't break through at all and no other life but the canopy of leaves and one lone guardian resided. Juniper lifted her head towards the approaching fae, a barely perceptible green mist dissipating from under her mask.
"Heya, Jun! We're heading off, if you wanna come. It's just me and Blossom going, Evewern decided to stay. I think. They all set off already, so we gotta go quick!" Juniper stared at Fern for a moment before lifting herself up and shaking off the leaves that had fallen on her. The fae looked almost relieved at the sight and took off, the guardian taking care to stay only a little ways behind her.
They were off to the Starfall Isles.

Deep in the labyrinth, Evewern watched them disappear in the distance with barely concealed disgust. Her attempt to make them stay hadn't worked. She wasn't surprised, they loved that family so much, and she had to admit, in all her long years she hadn't met a group quite like them. Huffing, she took off after them.
"Gladekeeper help me, I have to keep those fools safe."
The Move

The whole clan was alive with movement and excitement; today was the day. Only a week ago was it announced that they were moving. Not just moving within the labyrinth; they were moving to the Starfall Isles. A decision that caused much controversy, but not one unforeseen. Ryder had been acting restless for months, taking off and leaving on long journeys for weeks at a time. As much as the gardens had taken her, they had not quelled the wind within her soul. The choice to move to the Isles was not too much of a surprise, either. It was often said by travelers and passersby that had they not been situated in Nature lands, they would very easily be mistaken for Arcanites. The controversy didn't last long, those who were loyal to Starsky were so because of the familial bonds they held, not because of the lands they sat upon. Most everyone had no qualms with it; most not meaning all, however.

"Ryder, honestly, be reasonable. It's folly to even think about it, why would you ever want to leave the labyrinth? Really though, from us to those... those... bumbling buffons who think they know magic?" Evewern had her arms crossed, looking at the Coatl with irritation. Ryder sighed for the umpteenth time.
"We've talked about this at length and you will not be changing my mind. I'm not looking for better. There is no better between flights. I simply feel it's time for a change. Like I said, we are perfectly understanding if you Created wish to stay here. We will be sad to leave family behind, but the Isles call to me, Evewern. You're such a strong believer in premonition and fate, you should support this." Ryder walked off with an air of finality, leaving the wooden structure that had served as the council house until now. The skydancer tsked under her breath, following behind and flying off. From the air, she could see the busy preparations of the clan; the usually decorated and cluttered meadow was now nearly empty, save for a few houses and the containers of items to be brought. Every dragon was busy loading, save for a small group off to the side, the group Evewern was looking for. She made straight for them, landing gracefully on the grass besides them. A tiny fae was playing with a flower blossom, trying to keep it in the air with just her wings, and another skydancer was sitting calmly, watching. Evewern cleared her throat and both dragons turned to look at her, the fae coming over almost dejectedly.
"I've done all I can, but she's too stubborn. I don't know what I expected from a normal dragon, much less one from elsewhere." Evewern huffed.
"Well, uh, we never really had a problem with it. Sorry that it didn't work?" Fern shrugged. Blossom nodded quietly in response. Evewern looked almost indignant at the response.
"I- But- You-", she sputtered, "You call yourselves Created! Leave with them and wither, if you want, I'm not going to save you. And take that... that... thing with you. Let her wither too." Evewern took off and flew over the treeline, both dragons left behind in stunned silence.
"I've never seen her that way before. Do you think we'll really wither?" Fern asked of the other skydancer. She pondered for a moment before shrugging.
"If it were anywhere else, I would say absolutely. I feel as though the Arcane energies will sustain us well enough, however." Blossom stated. Fern looked somewhat comforted by that before their meeting was interrupted by a rather large snapper.
"Hello there, friends! I was sent over on a most important task, to alert our dearest Created that we are set and leaving! Say, where is our uptight fellow?" The crown on his head wiggled precariously as he turned around to look for her.
"Thanks, Cuddlebuns. She's not coming. I think. I'm pretty sure?" Fern shrugged. "I gotta tell Juniper. You all go ahead, we'll catch up!" He nodded and strode off cheerfully to the awaiting party, Blossom pausing for a second.
"Are you sure you want to get her alone?" she asked.
"Yeah! Don't worry about it, she's fine. You go on ahead!" Blossom looked unsure as she flew off and joined them. The group was still for a moment, the shouting of Ryder only a murmur from where Fern was, and they lifted off. Fern took in the silence after they left before scurrying into the dense foliage. She scurried over to a part of the trees where the sun didn't break through at all and no other life but the canopy of leaves and one lone guardian resided. Juniper lifted her head towards the approaching fae, a barely perceptible green mist dissipating from under her mask.
"Heya, Jun! We're heading off, if you wanna come. It's just me and Blossom going, Evewern decided to stay. I think. They all set off already, so we gotta go quick!" Juniper stared at Fern for a moment before lifting herself up and shaking off the leaves that had fallen on her. The fae looked almost relieved at the sight and took off, the guardian taking care to stay only a little ways behind her.
They were off to the Starfall Isles.

Deep in the labyrinth, Evewern watched them disappear in the distance with barely concealed disgust. Her attempt to make them stay hadn't worked. She wasn't surprised, they loved that family so much, and she had to admit, in all her long years she hadn't met a group quite like them. Huffing, she took off after them.
"Gladekeeper help me, I have to keep those fools safe."
fguisa.png
[center][size=6] Fern [/size][/center] ----- Evewern really wanted nothing more than to say 'I told you so', but her worry overtook that feeling. The tiny fae laying on the bed in front of her was hardly recognizable as the once bright and energetic Fern. She was sickly pale, markings hardly discernable from her wings. The curtain covering the entrance to the tiny hut fluttered to the side as Rasal peered in. Evewern was far too focused on Fern to even attempted a look of disdain towards her. "How is she doing?" The nocturne asked. Evewern sighed. "She's even paler than before. Why no one listens to me..." She trailed off. "Honestly. She needs the Gladekeeper's magic, but moving her in a state like this would kill her faster." Rasal nodded and got to her daily ministrations on the fae, feeding her as much nature magic as she could give off. Evewern would usually be appalled at one such as her doing it instead of a created, but she had forbade any of the others from performing any magic at all, including herself. Not so far from their source. "There's not much any of us can do. You should get some rest. We don't want anyone else to... become ill." As much as Evewern hated to admit it, the druidess was right. With a small sigh, she picked herself up and stepped out of the hut, casting one last glance to her barely moving friend as she did. Right outside the door, Blossom sat staring at the ground. "... Will she be okay?" She asked. Evewern frowned. "I..." She sighed. There was no way to put this lightly. "I don't think she's going to make it much longer. She's so small that there wasn't much stored within her." There was a moment of silence between the two skydancers. Blossom lifted her head as if to speak, but cut herself off as she noticed a familiar form coming towards them, tatters fluttering in the breeze. All of them certainly were strange amongst the bright, shining colors of the Isles, but Juniper seemed to cast a shadow wherever she walked. Evewern followed her gaze, immediately channeling her magic as she spotted the guardian. "Eve, no!" Blossom jumped up and grabbed the other's arm. The other skydancer's face was contorted into a look of pure contempt. "Get your hands off of me! This monster has gone on too long, I am tired of it. It's you doing this, isn't it? This is because of YOU!" Evewern tore herself away from Blossom and launched a massive bolt at the masked guardian, who dodged it deftly. The bolt hit the ground, exploding and showering the area with rock and dust. Blossom had covered herself from the explosion, and when she looked up again, the two dragons were high in the sky, bright flashes of powerful magic lighting the area. A whole group of dragons were gathering nearby, watching the two ancient elementals battle. Blossom looked around franticly, unsure of what to do. The two had never gotten this close, they were always kept as far apart as they could be for this exact reason. Just as she was about to take off, there was a clamor from the hut behind her. "Fern, no- wait! You're going to kill yourself!" A small blur whizzed past Blossom's face, the nocturne druidess coming out after it. Fern flew as fast as she could towards the two. "Fern! Come back!" Rasal yelled in vain. High in the sky, Evewern saw the pale body of the fae coming towards them, both dragons halfway through casting. She tried to stop, she tried her absolute hardest to pull it back but the bolt was across the sky before she could react, the guardian doing the same, both meeting the same target. Fern. Everything seemed to freeze in place as the small fae was enveloped in light. Green and brown mingled, growing brighter into white and hardly perceptible pink. It dissipated and she was frozen midair for a moment before plummeting downwards, faster and faster. Evewern dove after her, catching her moments before hitting the ground, landing softly and laying her on a patch of grass. All her color was gone now, markings vanished. The skydancer watched her for any sign of life. There was none. The crowd slowly gathered around her, Blossom and Rasal pushing past to come next to them. It was entirely silent as Evewern stared down at the lifeless body of her former friend- her family. "Eve...?" Blossom gently nudged her to no avail. Thoughts were swimming in Evewern's head. She had killed her. She killed one of her closest friends because of a centuries old squabble. Fern had always thought only the best of the two, that they would make up, she died trying to make that a reality. Tears formed in her eyes as Rasal did her best to revive her, to no avail. "Evewern, I'm... I'm sorry." The nocturne took her hat in her hands and joined the duo. "She's gone." A shadow cast over the crowd as Juniper landed in the middle of the circle, dwarfing all those around. Evewern didn't even glance at her. The guardian laid down next to the prone body, nudging it with her mask covered snout. She sighed a deep sigh, green mist gathering under her mask and falling onto the fae. Evewern snapped out of her trance and stood up. "Isn't this enough for you? She's dead, leave her be, y-" She was cut off by a tug on her wing. Evewern looked down at the interruption, Blossom staring wide eyed ahead of her. A small cough drew her attention back to the small body. Fern was coughing as, ever so slowly, her markings returned, drawing themselves on her wings. She gasped in a deep breath and flipped herself over. "F-Fern?" Blossom stuttered. The fae picked her head up and opened her eyes, which seemed to flash before settling into a light green. "What happened?" The fae asked, just before being tackled by Blossom. Evewern could hardly stop staring at the miracle and only tore herself away to look around for the guardian. Nowhere to be found. "She's perfectly healthy, I don't understand it myself." Rasal finished looking over the fae who was fidgeting restlessly. Evewern frowned slightly before sighing. "Well, I suppose there's no understanding it, then. She's alive. That's all that matters." [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24709266] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/247093/24709266_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Far off, from a distant cave, two little pink and green specs could be seen leaving against the twilight...
Fern

Evewern really wanted nothing more than to say 'I told you so', but her worry overtook that feeling. The tiny fae laying on the bed in front of her was hardly recognizable as the once bright and energetic Fern. She was sickly pale, markings hardly discernable from her wings. The curtain covering the entrance to the tiny hut fluttered to the side as Rasal peered in. Evewern was far too focused on Fern to even attempted a look of disdain towards her.
"How is she doing?" The nocturne asked. Evewern sighed.
"She's even paler than before. Why no one listens to me..." She trailed off. "Honestly. She needs the Gladekeeper's magic, but moving her in a state like this would kill her faster." Rasal nodded and got to her daily ministrations on the fae, feeding her as much nature magic as she could give off. Evewern would usually be appalled at one such as her doing it instead of a created, but she had forbade any of the others from performing any magic at all, including herself. Not so far from their source.
"There's not much any of us can do. You should get some rest. We don't want anyone else to... become ill." As much as Evewern hated to admit it, the druidess was right. With a small sigh, she picked herself up and stepped out of the hut, casting one last glance to her barely moving friend as she did. Right outside the door, Blossom sat staring at the ground.
"... Will she be okay?" She asked. Evewern frowned.
"I..." She sighed. There was no way to put this lightly. "I don't think she's going to make it much longer. She's so small that there wasn't much stored within her." There was a moment of silence between the two skydancers. Blossom lifted her head as if to speak, but cut herself off as she noticed a familiar form coming towards them, tatters fluttering in the breeze. All of them certainly were strange amongst the bright, shining colors of the Isles, but Juniper seemed to cast a shadow wherever she walked. Evewern followed her gaze, immediately channeling her magic as she spotted the guardian.
"Eve, no!" Blossom jumped up and grabbed the other's arm. The other skydancer's face was contorted into a look of pure contempt.
"Get your hands off of me! This monster has gone on too long, I am tired of it. It's you doing this, isn't it? This is because of YOU!" Evewern tore herself away from Blossom and launched a massive bolt at the masked guardian, who dodged it deftly. The bolt hit the ground, exploding and showering the area with rock and dust. Blossom had covered herself from the explosion, and when she looked up again, the two dragons were high in the sky, bright flashes of powerful magic lighting the area. A whole group of dragons were gathering nearby, watching the two ancient elementals battle. Blossom looked around franticly, unsure of what to do. The two had never gotten this close, they were always kept as far apart as they could be for this exact reason. Just as she was about to take off, there was a clamor from the hut behind her.
"Fern, no- wait! You're going to kill yourself!" A small blur whizzed past Blossom's face, the nocturne druidess coming out after it. Fern flew as fast as she could towards the two. "Fern! Come back!" Rasal yelled in vain. High in the sky, Evewern saw the pale body of the fae coming towards them, both dragons halfway through casting. She tried to stop, she tried her absolute hardest to pull it back but the bolt was across the sky before she could react, the guardian doing the same, both meeting the same target.
Fern.
Everything seemed to freeze in place as the small fae was enveloped in light. Green and brown mingled, growing brighter into white and hardly perceptible pink. It dissipated and she was frozen midair for a moment before plummeting downwards, faster and faster. Evewern dove after her, catching her moments before hitting the ground, landing softly and laying her on a patch of grass. All her color was gone now, markings vanished. The skydancer watched her for any sign of life. There was none.
The crowd slowly gathered around her, Blossom and Rasal pushing past to come next to them. It was entirely silent as Evewern stared down at the lifeless body of her former friend- her family.
"Eve...?" Blossom gently nudged her to no avail. Thoughts were swimming in Evewern's head. She had killed her. She killed one of her closest friends because of a centuries old squabble. Fern had always thought only the best of the two, that they would make up, she died trying to make that a reality. Tears formed in her eyes as Rasal did her best to revive her, to no avail.
"Evewern, I'm... I'm sorry." The nocturne took her hat in her hands and joined the duo. "She's gone."
A shadow cast over the crowd as Juniper landed in the middle of the circle, dwarfing all those around. Evewern didn't even glance at her.
The guardian laid down next to the prone body, nudging it with her mask covered snout. She sighed a deep sigh, green mist gathering under her mask and falling onto the fae. Evewern snapped out of her trance and stood up.
"Isn't this enough for you? She's dead, leave her be, y-" She was cut off by a tug on her wing. Evewern looked down at the interruption, Blossom staring wide eyed ahead of her. A small cough drew her attention back to the small body. Fern was coughing as, ever so slowly, her markings returned, drawing themselves on her wings. She gasped in a deep breath and flipped herself over.
"F-Fern?" Blossom stuttered. The fae picked her head up and opened her eyes, which seemed to flash before settling into a light green.
"What happened?" The fae asked, just before being tackled by Blossom. Evewern could hardly stop staring at the miracle and only tore herself away to look around for the guardian. Nowhere to be found.

"She's perfectly healthy, I don't understand it myself." Rasal finished looking over the fae who was fidgeting restlessly. Evewern frowned slightly before sighing.
"Well, I suppose there's no understanding it, then. She's alive. That's all that matters."

Far off, from a distant cave, two little pink and green specs could be seen leaving against the twilight...
fguisa.png
@fuwafuwa

May I be pinged for future updates?
@fuwafuwa

May I be pinged for future updates?
dqVJ3GM.png

bestiaryraffle1_by_hapro-d90d0na.png
ywffXr.png
@Dragontime
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
(this makes me so happy you have no idea of course!)
Perfect timing as well, there's an update!
((and dont mind the double ping oops))
@Dragontime
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
(this makes me so happy you have no idea of course!)
Perfect timing as well, there's an update!
((and dont mind the double ping oops))
fguisa.png
that's some good lore
that's some good lore
that's some good lore
that's some good lore
@fuwafuwa

Could I be pinged for new updates? This is really interesting so far. c:
@fuwafuwa

Could I be pinged for new updates? This is really interesting so far. c:
they/them
@eggcactus
Thank you friend! Gladly :D (dont mind the double ping)
@eggcactus
Thank you friend! Gladly :D (dont mind the double ping)
fguisa.png
@Dragontime @eggcactus ----- “Alright, Blossom, we-” Evewern paused as she stepped into the little house that the other skydancer had claimed, staring down in confusion and shock. It had been only a few days since Fern’s incident, and she was still recovering from that. To see the other as she was, lying entirely prone and her usual shine dulled to nothing almost seemed like a sick joke. Blossom’s body moved only slightly to breath in raspy breaths, dull feathers surrounding her. “B-Blossom… Blossom! No!” She fell down softly to pick up the head of her sister skydancer, Blossom’s eyes opening only slightly in response. “Come on now, this isn’t funny. Blossom, answer me. Blossom!” Tears fell from her eyes onto the dull coat of her sister. “FERN! RASAL! RYDER! SOMEONE!” Evewern screamed, her usual ladylike demeanor but a distant thought. The cloth door opened somewhat as Rasal peered in, eyes widening in shock before she sped off. Evewern entirely ignored her own orders, feeding Blossom with as much nature magic as she could. She could feel it leaving her, could feel her body being drained, but was desperate to help in anyway. The cloth door moved aside again, both Fern and Rasal standing there. Fern looked on the verge of tears as she fluttered down next to the two skydancers. “Fern, please, what did you do? How? We need to save her, I can’t… we can’t lose her.” Fern’s crests lowered and her mouth opened and closed multiple times, almost comedic if not for the situation. “I don’t know. It just happened.” She answered in a choked monotone. Evewern looked back down at the still body in her arms, regret clouding her mind. She had been so unkind to her sister skydancer, all because of her seemingly limited magic and fondness of the druid. She had thought herself better, though Blossom had been nothing but sweet. The only other skydancer created that she had found in all her years was about to die in her arms and she never got to get close to her. Rasal cleared her throat, breaking the tension in the room. “I believe it might of had something to do with either the intense magic from your fight or, you won’t like this, but from whatever Juniper did.” Evewern snapped her head up at the nocturne, pure malice in her eyes. “You do not understand, druid, she is a monster forsaken by the Gladekeeper herself. You have no idea what she has done.” The air grew still as Evewern picked up the body and walked out. “I am taking her back. She may still have enough strength to make it.” “Evewern, no!” Fern objected. “She’s on the verge of death, you’re insane to try it!” “She’s going to die anyways, I’m not going to sit here and watch.” “We may not know exactly what Juniper did but Rasal has a point. I’m almost certain she has something to do with my still being here.” “All of you are blind and I won’t hear another word of it!” “Evewern, if you kill the only dragon that truly cares for me as me over a petty grudge then I will make sure you pay for it. I don’t care how much older you are! Don’t keep acting like you’re better than everyone because you’re not!” The fae was in full blown tears, the monotone of her species lending a fearsome edge to her words. Evewern looked in shock at the usually cheerful fae, somewhat hurt by her words. “Fern, do you really think that of me? That I don’t care for you?” Fern paused as the conversation was cut by a familiar shadow, all three looking up to see the guardian standing and staring. She didn’t make a single move, only stared at Evewern. “Was one family not enough for you? Do you want to take this one too? Because it seems like you already have.” Evewern spoke bitterly. Juniper only stared. “Well. I see I can’t win without hurting others in the process.” The skydancer laid the barely breathing body down gently and looked around at all the dragons. “I…” She hesitated before sighing. “No, I understand. Very well.” Evewern turned away and walked off, spreading her wings as if to fly off. “If Blossom does make it, and you are right about this, tell her… Tell her I wish we had met under different circumstances.” With a mighty thrust of her wings, she took off, the remaining three watching her for a moment before Juniper walked up to Blossom. “Juniper, was I… was I right? Can you help her?” The fae asked quietly. Juniper casted a quick glance at her before leaning down and sighing in much the same way, green mist enveloping her body before sinking into the ground. A few moments passed, both Fern and Rasal holding their breath. It seemed as if nothing was happening. With a sigh, Fern reached to grab the body before a sharp crack filled the air. From the ground grew bright white crystals that enveloped the body in front of them. The crystals glowed slightly, pulsing in and out. “Wait, what are-” Fern turned around to look for the guardian who had vanished. “Ugh. Figures. Did this happen to me?” she asked. The other dragons shook their heads slowly. Fern’s crests twitched. “Well, I suppose th-” She was cut off by a resounding crack, almost musical in nature. They all snapped towards the crystal structure, a long crack running down the middle. More and more cracks appeared before it shattered, each shard dissolving like sugar in water. On the ground lay Blossom, only distinguishable by the flowering pattern that crossed her. She was brilliantly colored, and her hide shimmered like it was made of the crystals that had encased her. She lay still for a moment that seemed to last a lifetime before twitching slightly. The room burst into relieved excitement as the skydancer sat up, quietly examining her new appearance. She didn’t have long though, as she was tackled by the fae before long. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17844946] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/178450/17844946_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Up on one of the spires, Evewern watched the fading light impassively. She hadn’t felt like this in years, so lost and alone. For once, she didn’t know what to think. She could feel herself fading, all the magic she pumped into Blossom taking a huge toll on her. Soon, she’d be withered away, a rose far past it’s prime. Maybe it was for the best, as she looked back on her actions, she had lived a life far longer than most dragons could dream of. As the stars started appearing, however, she noticed two pink and green dots dancing away out of a cave. The cave that she knew housed Juniper. Suddenly full of resolve, she gathered all the strength she had left and set off towards it, determined to get to the bottom of this and finally settle what had happened all those years ago...
@Dragontime @eggcactus

“Alright, Blossom, we-” Evewern paused as she stepped into the little house that the other skydancer had claimed, staring down in confusion and shock. It had been only a few days since Fern’s incident, and she was still recovering from that. To see the other as she was, lying entirely prone and her usual shine dulled to nothing almost seemed like a sick joke. Blossom’s body moved only slightly to breath in raspy breaths, dull feathers surrounding her.
“B-Blossom… Blossom! No!” She fell down softly to pick up the head of her sister skydancer, Blossom’s eyes opening only slightly in response. “Come on now, this isn’t funny. Blossom, answer me. Blossom!” Tears fell from her eyes onto the dull coat of her sister. “FERN! RASAL! RYDER! SOMEONE!” Evewern screamed, her usual ladylike demeanor but a distant thought. The cloth door opened somewhat as Rasal peered in, eyes widening in shock before she sped off. Evewern entirely ignored her own orders, feeding Blossom with as much nature magic as she could. She could feel it leaving her, could feel her body being drained, but was desperate to help in anyway. The cloth door moved aside again, both Fern and Rasal standing there. Fern looked on the verge of tears as she fluttered down next to the two skydancers.
“Fern, please, what did you do? How? We need to save her, I can’t… we can’t lose her.” Fern’s crests lowered and her mouth opened and closed multiple times, almost comedic if not for the situation.
“I don’t know. It just happened.” She answered in a choked monotone. Evewern looked back down at the still body in her arms, regret clouding her mind. She had been so unkind to her sister skydancer, all because of her seemingly limited magic and fondness of the druid. She had thought herself better, though Blossom had been nothing but sweet. The only other skydancer created that she had found in all her years was about to die in her arms and she never got to get close to her. Rasal cleared her throat, breaking the tension in the room.
“I believe it might of had something to do with either the intense magic from your fight or, you won’t like this, but from whatever Juniper did.” Evewern snapped her head up at the nocturne, pure malice in her eyes.
“You do not understand, druid, she is a monster forsaken by the Gladekeeper herself. You have no idea what she has done.” The air grew still as Evewern picked up the body and walked out. “I am taking her back. She may still have enough strength to make it.”
“Evewern, no!” Fern objected. “She’s on the verge of death, you’re insane to try it!”
“She’s going to die anyways, I’m not going to sit here and watch.”
“We may not know exactly what Juniper did but Rasal has a point. I’m almost certain she has something to do with my still being here.”
“All of you are blind and I won’t hear another word of it!”
“Evewern, if you kill the only dragon that truly cares for me as me over a petty grudge then I will make sure you pay for it. I don’t care how much older you are! Don’t keep acting like you’re better than everyone because you’re not!” The fae was in full blown tears, the monotone of her species lending a fearsome edge to her words. Evewern looked in shock at the usually cheerful fae, somewhat hurt by her words.
“Fern, do you really think that of me? That I don’t care for you?” Fern paused as the conversation was cut by a familiar shadow, all three looking up to see the guardian standing and staring. She didn’t make a single move, only stared at Evewern.
“Was one family not enough for you? Do you want to take this one too? Because it seems like you already have.” Evewern spoke bitterly. Juniper only stared. “Well. I see I can’t win without hurting others in the process.” The skydancer laid the barely breathing body down gently and looked around at all the dragons. “I…” She hesitated before sighing. “No, I understand. Very well.” Evewern turned away and walked off, spreading her wings as if to fly off. “If Blossom does make it, and you are right about this, tell her… Tell her I wish we had met under different circumstances.” With a mighty thrust of her wings, she took off, the remaining three watching her for a moment before Juniper walked up to Blossom.
“Juniper, was I… was I right? Can you help her?” The fae asked quietly. Juniper casted a quick glance at her before leaning down and sighing in much the same way, green mist enveloping her body before sinking into the ground. A few moments passed, both Fern and Rasal holding their breath. It seemed as if nothing was happening. With a sigh, Fern reached to grab the body before a sharp crack filled the air. From the ground grew bright white crystals that enveloped the body in front of them. The crystals glowed slightly, pulsing in and out.
“Wait, what are-” Fern turned around to look for the guardian who had vanished. “Ugh. Figures. Did this happen to me?” she asked. The other dragons shook their heads slowly. Fern’s crests twitched. “Well, I suppose th-” She was cut off by a resounding crack, almost musical in nature. They all snapped towards the crystal structure, a long crack running down the middle. More and more cracks appeared before it shattered, each shard dissolving like sugar in water. On the ground lay Blossom, only distinguishable by the flowering pattern that crossed her. She was brilliantly colored, and her hide shimmered like it was made of the crystals that had encased her. She lay still for a moment that seemed to last a lifetime before twitching slightly. The room burst into relieved excitement as the skydancer sat up, quietly examining her new appearance. She didn’t have long though, as she was tackled by the fae before long.

Up on one of the spires, Evewern watched the fading light impassively. She hadn’t felt like this in years, so lost and alone. For once, she didn’t know what to think. She could feel herself fading, all the magic she pumped into Blossom taking a huge toll on her. Soon, she’d be withered away, a rose far past it’s prime. Maybe it was for the best, as she looked back on her actions, she had lived a life far longer than most dragons could dream of. As the stars started appearing, however, she noticed two pink and green dots dancing away out of a cave. The cave that she knew housed Juniper. Suddenly full of resolve, she gathered all the strength she had left and set off towards it, determined to get to the bottom of this and finally settle what had happened all those years ago...
fguisa.png
1 2