Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | the sims
1 2 3 4
Man, now I really wanna play The Sims...
Man, now I really wanna play The Sims...
134.gif
@Endora

I've got Sims 1 (though I played it so long ago I don't remember much heh), Sims 2 (ultimate fave!) and Sims 4 (don't get to play much but it's ok)

Sims 2 is my major favorite. I've got it tweaked and modded to perfection for my play style and I know (or used to know) all the useful building cheats etc to get cool effects and it's just great. I still play Sims 2 more than my Sims 4 game though I don't really have much time for either.

Like for example you guys were saying the adult stage is too short - I've got a mod that rebalances the aging so adult stage is longer (but elder is shorter - so total lifespan is about the same) - that sorta thing.

I even had a mod in there at one time that changed the pillows (from pillow-fighting) into giant fish. It was quite hilarious to watch them fish-slapping each other. xDD I took that one back out though for some reason or other (probably needed pics for something)... but I still have it. xD

My favorite part about the sims is the house-building and playing various challenges like BACC, and experimenting with genetics (give me any two sims' genetics and I'll give you all possible skin/hair/eye combo outcomes for their kids, with percentages! xD). My sim families tend to turn into baby factories since I get bored easily with sims in the child/teen stages (I like to watch 'em grow and stuff, as well as totally frazzling the parents haha) so I'm like, welp, need another baby in here! And I've got the unlimited household size mod + trips & quads hack, so... xDD

Once I played a house with 4 adults and 4 (simultaneous) sets of quads - so yep, 16 toddlers at the same time. xD Just to see if I could. It was... insane lol. But the fact that there were 4 adults helped a lot and nobody died or got taken by social services, and everybody learned all their toddler skills (yay smartmilk!), so I consider it a success haha.

*is weird*

But yeah, part of why I don't like Sims 4 quite as much is that I don't understand the genetics at all. I don't really think there are any. :/ *disappointment* That was a big step backwards. The other bit is that I haven't learned how to mod Sims 4 (and don't really have time to learn, heh) and the 8-sim limit in a house drives me batty since I like keeping generations together in the same household and I'm used to freedom of my Sims 2 mods.

*blather*
@Endora

I've got Sims 1 (though I played it so long ago I don't remember much heh), Sims 2 (ultimate fave!) and Sims 4 (don't get to play much but it's ok)

Sims 2 is my major favorite. I've got it tweaked and modded to perfection for my play style and I know (or used to know) all the useful building cheats etc to get cool effects and it's just great. I still play Sims 2 more than my Sims 4 game though I don't really have much time for either.

Like for example you guys were saying the adult stage is too short - I've got a mod that rebalances the aging so adult stage is longer (but elder is shorter - so total lifespan is about the same) - that sorta thing.

I even had a mod in there at one time that changed the pillows (from pillow-fighting) into giant fish. It was quite hilarious to watch them fish-slapping each other. xDD I took that one back out though for some reason or other (probably needed pics for something)... but I still have it. xD

My favorite part about the sims is the house-building and playing various challenges like BACC, and experimenting with genetics (give me any two sims' genetics and I'll give you all possible skin/hair/eye combo outcomes for their kids, with percentages! xD). My sim families tend to turn into baby factories since I get bored easily with sims in the child/teen stages (I like to watch 'em grow and stuff, as well as totally frazzling the parents haha) so I'm like, welp, need another baby in here! And I've got the unlimited household size mod + trips & quads hack, so... xDD

Once I played a house with 4 adults and 4 (simultaneous) sets of quads - so yep, 16 toddlers at the same time. xD Just to see if I could. It was... insane lol. But the fact that there were 4 adults helped a lot and nobody died or got taken by social services, and everybody learned all their toddler skills (yay smartmilk!), so I consider it a success haha.

*is weird*

But yeah, part of why I don't like Sims 4 quite as much is that I don't understand the genetics at all. I don't really think there are any. :/ *disappointment* That was a big step backwards. The other bit is that I haven't learned how to mod Sims 4 (and don't really have time to learn, heh) and the 8-sim limit in a house drives me batty since I like keeping generations together in the same household and I'm used to freedom of my Sims 2 mods.

*blather*
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
@Endora I have played all the sims games from 1 to 4. I've been simming since I was a wee little childling. My favorite expansion is Makin Magic for sims 1. Suuuch a good expansion with the magic powers, I just loved the feeling and atmosphere of magic town. I still do. And it has one of the best soundtracks. I wish I knew where I could find more soulful accordion music.

Basically all of the supernatural expansions are my jam cause I like making wackey houses and I'm more interested in making wacky characters and crazy houses and moody manors.

I basically reached my full potential with that in Sims 3 after most of the expansion packs where I had a household of a mad scientist dating a mermaid, this included a swimming pool in the laboratory. And there was an archaeologist who married a cursed mummy and... yeeeah I got out of hand.
@Endora I have played all the sims games from 1 to 4. I've been simming since I was a wee little childling. My favorite expansion is Makin Magic for sims 1. Suuuch a good expansion with the magic powers, I just loved the feeling and atmosphere of magic town. I still do. And it has one of the best soundtracks. I wish I knew where I could find more soulful accordion music.

Basically all of the supernatural expansions are my jam cause I like making wackey houses and I'm more interested in making wacky characters and crazy houses and moody manors.

I basically reached my full potential with that in Sims 3 after most of the expansion packs where I had a household of a mad scientist dating a mermaid, this included a swimming pool in the laboratory. And there was an archaeologist who married a cursed mummy and... yeeeah I got out of hand.
@BlueTrillium Basically when I played vanilla sims 4 I appreciated it because it was less laggy and glitchy, but than was like, 'Whelp,... this will be a good game with expansions in six years."
@BlueTrillium Basically when I played vanilla sims 4 I appreciated it because it was less laggy and glitchy, but than was like, 'Whelp,... this will be a good game with expansions in six years."
[i]Sorry for all the late replies![/i] @Dessy Oh my gosh, I wish I could build. And the fact that you took it from real life is so cool. (I'd love to see some pictures if you have them.) I did manage to kill a vampire once, I went into a random household and [used a cheat] made this guy into a vampire, then I just had him stand outside. After that, I used their Aspiration Points to buy the ressurect-o-nomitron, and only paid 1k to bring him back, so he was a zombie vampire. Needless to say, everyone was disappointed and disgusted.As for Ms. Crumplebottom, hate her. She's always hanging around the clubs killin' my [sims'] vibe by yelling and smacking people. I tried socializing with her, but no luck! :/ I want to make a plant sim in the Sims 2, [but I think that's only achieved by using too many pesticides?] Anyways, love em'! @Kaylaserene You really should, they're a ton of fun [and I think Origin is having a big sale on The Sims 4 and all of it's packs. If you're really ready to jump in.] @BlueTrillium Wow, I thought I was a big cheater (i've used some mods here and there) but no, you've managed to really do it all. That's so cool though, you have 16 sims in one household! Gosh, I start to get worried when there's more than 5 people in one household. That fish pillow mod sounds so cool though, might look it up later. Child stage is kind of meh, but the Teen stage is fun for me, I like building up their skills as quickly as possible so they can earn scholarships later on. It kind of stinks that you can't mod TS4 the way you want it, having all those mods in one game and then moving into another not being able to have that flexibility must be frustrating. @QuothTheMoth I was interested in Makin Magic, (I like supernatural themes too) but since I don't have the game, can't the pack! Lol. I can't build to save my life, so no moody manors, but playing with oddball characters is really interesting in terms of the way they live and how they interact with others (esp. if you pick out some "interesting" traits.) In TS3 it's really fun to mix up all the packs and see how it turns out. I had a witch who was also a time traveler, so she had a hovercar and a broomstick. She created zombies but also built robots, and her spouse was a fairy who's previous wife was a ghost. [quote]I basically reached my full potential with that in Sims 3 after most of the expansion packs where I had households of a scientist dating a mermaid and a archaeologist who married a cured mummy and... yeeeah I got out of hand.[/quote] [i]Sounds lit[/i]
Sorry for all the late replies!

@Dessy
Oh my gosh, I wish I could build. And the fact that you took it from real life is so cool. (I'd love to see some pictures if you have them.) I did manage to kill a vampire once, I went into a random household and [used a cheat] made this guy into a vampire, then I just had him stand outside. After that, I used their Aspiration Points to buy the ressurect-o-nomitron, and only paid 1k to bring him back, so he was a zombie vampire. Needless to say, everyone was disappointed and disgusted.As for Ms. Crumplebottom, hate her. She's always hanging around the clubs killin' my [sims'] vibe by yelling and smacking people. I tried socializing with her, but no luck! :/

I want to make a plant sim in the Sims 2, [but I think that's only achieved by using too many pesticides?] Anyways, love em'!

@Kaylaserene
You really should, they're a ton of fun [and I think Origin is having a big sale on The Sims 4 and all of it's packs. If you're really ready to jump in.]

@BlueTrillium
Wow, I thought I was a big cheater (i've used some mods here and there) but no, you've managed to really do it all. That's so cool though, you have 16 sims in one household! Gosh, I start to get worried when there's more than 5 people in one household. That fish pillow mod sounds so cool though, might look it up later. Child stage is kind of meh, but the Teen stage is fun for me, I like building up their skills as quickly as possible so they can earn scholarships later on. It kind of stinks that you can't mod TS4 the way you want it, having all those mods in one game and then moving into another not being able to have that flexibility must be frustrating.

@QuothTheMoth
I was interested in Makin Magic, (I like supernatural themes too) but since I don't have the game, can't the pack! Lol. I can't build to save my life, so no moody manors, but playing with oddball characters is really interesting in terms of the way they live and how they interact with others (esp. if you pick out some "interesting" traits.) In TS3 it's really fun to mix up all the packs and see how it turns out. I had a witch who was also a time traveler, so she had a hovercar and a broomstick. She created zombies but also built robots, and her spouse was a fairy who's previous wife was a ghost.
Quote:
I basically reached my full potential with that in Sims 3 after most of the expansion packs where I had households of a scientist dating a mermaid and a archaeologist who married a cured mummy and... yeeeah I got out of hand.

Sounds lit
xpxalNl.gif
I love The Sims 3 :)
I love The Sims 3 :)
tumblr_nik7m7KDt61r6570qo4_500.gif
@Kaylaserene

YOU SHOULD PLAY. Really should. ^^

@Endora

Oh no I can't build! That's why I see real life pictures to draw inspiration from. My houses are mostly just square-shaped like the living room's at the front, then the kitchen at the back, and then a small square for the toilet. It sounds so boring I know. xD So at one point I decided to spice things up.

That's what I tried too, I used boolprop and made the vampire stand outside with stuff to block him out. They were the townie vampires though. :x I think it's impossible to interact with Crumplebottom as her reaction is always to wallop you with the purse or give you a lecture (I believe if you try to kill Crumplebottom it will corrupt your game).

Yeah, you make them plants by spraying too many pesticides on orchard trees! I had a couple of them once, then I also had aliens and an alien family lol.

I think I'm the only one who's got better fond memories of TS1, because idk, things are so dumb there it's funny. Skydiving death, and there's also a clown who sets your house on fire. His name was Bozo or something. >_<

@BlueTrillium

Oh that's amazing! I only know the build underground trick and that's pretty much it. :/ Once I tried creating a Batman with a super secret underground lab. I also had mods but those were mostly skins and hair and animals so yeah you can see what I did with those. A full household is already a chaos to me so that's amazing you played with so many of them!

I'm quite terrible at genetics so they don't really bother me much. But it's cool you can predict stuff. :p Like you I also enjoy cheats and mods but try to play the game fairly (?) or as fairly as I can. I haven't got the time to mod stuff these days either so I just enjoy it for what it is.

@QuothTheMoth

Aw yeah the items they had in Makin' Magic were the best. The rollercoasters and the haunted house were so cool. I also loved the spell where you turned other sims into toads for fun lol. You could do that in Sims 3 too but the toadification there looked really freaky. XD

lmao I can never reach your level with those wacky characters!
@Kaylaserene

YOU SHOULD PLAY. Really should. ^^

@Endora

Oh no I can't build! That's why I see real life pictures to draw inspiration from. My houses are mostly just square-shaped like the living room's at the front, then the kitchen at the back, and then a small square for the toilet. It sounds so boring I know. xD So at one point I decided to spice things up.

That's what I tried too, I used boolprop and made the vampire stand outside with stuff to block him out. They were the townie vampires though. :x I think it's impossible to interact with Crumplebottom as her reaction is always to wallop you with the purse or give you a lecture (I believe if you try to kill Crumplebottom it will corrupt your game).

Yeah, you make them plants by spraying too many pesticides on orchard trees! I had a couple of them once, then I also had aliens and an alien family lol.

I think I'm the only one who's got better fond memories of TS1, because idk, things are so dumb there it's funny. Skydiving death, and there's also a clown who sets your house on fire. His name was Bozo or something. >_<

@BlueTrillium

Oh that's amazing! I only know the build underground trick and that's pretty much it. :/ Once I tried creating a Batman with a super secret underground lab. I also had mods but those were mostly skins and hair and animals so yeah you can see what I did with those. A full household is already a chaos to me so that's amazing you played with so many of them!

I'm quite terrible at genetics so they don't really bother me much. But it's cool you can predict stuff. :p Like you I also enjoy cheats and mods but try to play the game fairly (?) or as fairly as I can. I haven't got the time to mod stuff these days either so I just enjoy it for what it is.

@QuothTheMoth

Aw yeah the items they had in Makin' Magic were the best. The rollercoasters and the haunted house were so cool. I also loved the spell where you turned other sims into toads for fun lol. You could do that in Sims 3 too but the toadification there looked really freaky. XD

lmao I can never reach your level with those wacky characters!
Kunikuzushi
@SnowNight
Ayyyyy me too! :)
@SnowNight
Ayyyyy me too! :)
xpxalNl.gif
@Endora @Dessy - Heh yeah I like to play 'fairly' too generally. I mean, like I don't (usually) cheat my sims to be instantly rich or instantly in love with each other or max motives all the time, etc. The mods I've got just expand my gameplay and give me more options *nod* Or are building cheats like... not snapping objects to the grid, and letting stuff overlap that usually wouldn't, or rotating them diagonally etc. Or allowing for slanted-height walls, pools immediately next to (or inside) foundations... all that cool stuff. Mostly it's just to get neat-looking houses.

I think my fave sims 2 building 'cheat' was when I learned how to place a pool immediately next to a basement room, so the basement could literally have underwater windows looking out into the pool - kinda like the aquariums at the zoo where you go underground and look through the windows to see the dolphins swimming on the other side sorta thing. xD It's kinda a pain to build but it's a neat effect that I've used in several houses. <3

Next-fave would be sunken garages - basically allowing me to have sloped driveways down into a garage in the foundation - so I could have a foundation and a garage joined together without any funkyness (aside of course from the sloped driveway itself - which looked really weird when the sims drove in or out because the cars themselves don't slant up or down, but otherwise was fine).
@Endora @Dessy - Heh yeah I like to play 'fairly' too generally. I mean, like I don't (usually) cheat my sims to be instantly rich or instantly in love with each other or max motives all the time, etc. The mods I've got just expand my gameplay and give me more options *nod* Or are building cheats like... not snapping objects to the grid, and letting stuff overlap that usually wouldn't, or rotating them diagonally etc. Or allowing for slanted-height walls, pools immediately next to (or inside) foundations... all that cool stuff. Mostly it's just to get neat-looking houses.

I think my fave sims 2 building 'cheat' was when I learned how to place a pool immediately next to a basement room, so the basement could literally have underwater windows looking out into the pool - kinda like the aquariums at the zoo where you go underground and look through the windows to see the dolphins swimming on the other side sorta thing. xD It's kinda a pain to build but it's a neat effect that I've used in several houses. <3

Next-fave would be sunken garages - basically allowing me to have sloped driveways down into a garage in the foundation - so I could have a foundation and a garage joined together without any funkyness (aside of course from the sloped driveway itself - which looked really weird when the sims drove in or out because the cars themselves don't slant up or down, but otherwise was fine).
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
I lost my muse for the sims, I have the sims 2, the Sims 3, and the sims 4 all installed on my computer. But I just can't bring myself to play them for very long. Certainly not hours like I used to. I'm mainly into Fallout 4 and skyrim now, I can play those two for hours... when I do manage to get sims open and running it's mostly to take pretty pictures to edit. [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/33b0f9bf3cc948295cd440dd95e47647/tumblr_o8wh9ayCu81uh7meoo1_1280.png[/img] I needed some band stuff for my game so I made this t shirt in sims 4, and then here's two pictures I edited [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/c0f9c9ac534852593bd6db371a04eaef/tumblr_o915lhIuNI1uh7meoo2_1280.png[/img] [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/604d959ddaa2423906720d6655024bc5/tumblr_o91r7bGZfY1uh7meoo1_1280.png[/img] Both sims 4, but I should have some from 3 around here somewhere..
I lost my muse for the sims, I have the sims 2, the Sims 3, and the sims 4 all installed on my computer. But I just can't bring myself to play them for very long. Certainly not hours like I used to.

I'm mainly into Fallout 4 and skyrim now, I can play those two for hours...

when I do manage to get sims open and running it's mostly to take pretty pictures to edit.

tumblr_o8wh9ayCu81uh7meoo1_1280.png

I needed some band stuff for my game so I made this t shirt in sims 4,

and then here's two pictures I edited

tumblr_o915lhIuNI1uh7meoo2_1280.png

tumblr_o91r7bGZfY1uh7meoo1_1280.png

Both sims 4, but I should have some from 3 around here somewhere..
http://furvilla.com/register/1818
1 2 3 4