Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | If humans owned dragons...
1 2
What do you think would happen if humans could own FR dragons? What breeds do you think would be popular, and with whom? What breeding/ownership practices do you think would happen? What types of people do you think would own dragons? Do you think it'd be ethical?

I'm just curious as I'm writing a story where this happens.
What do you think would happen if humans could own FR dragons? What breeds do you think would be popular, and with whom? What breeding/ownership practices do you think would happen? What types of people do you think would own dragons? Do you think it'd be ethical?

I'm just curious as I'm writing a story where this happens.
Sun Scribes Bio & Lore Shop | Spoons right now: 2/5 (low energy) |
TrickoTreatlogosmall_zps7e979b21.png
@luckgandor
Given that FR dragons have human intelligence, I doubt it would be ethical. It would be like owning slaves, kind of. But maybe heavy discrimination makes it so it happens anyway. The large breeds would be popular for heavy work, small ones for pets, and the middle-sized ones for various things- like mirrors as hunting companions, tundras like intelligent sheep, pearlcatchers as pearl producers (make them put their black slime on plastic beads to make pearls)... and so on.
@luckgandor
Given that FR dragons have human intelligence, I doubt it would be ethical. It would be like owning slaves, kind of. But maybe heavy discrimination makes it so it happens anyway. The large breeds would be popular for heavy work, small ones for pets, and the middle-sized ones for various things- like mirrors as hunting companions, tundras like intelligent sheep, pearlcatchers as pearl producers (make them put their black slime on plastic beads to make pearls)... and so on.
60eldD0.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), three zeroes, and a one. You can copy and paste it if you're not sure you have it right.
If you want to talk about something troubling you, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out whenever, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out everyone I can!
xKBtilj.gif
@luckgandor I agree with @slp0001 on the ethical part, although i feel like if that were the case all of the dragons would band together and probably wipe out people altogether XD.

I think it would be nice if humans and dragons worked together and had mutual respect for each other. If they would allow it i think larger breeds would be used for transportation, mid sized breeds for work, and small breeds as companions. People would definitely train them for war/crime fighting/etc.
@luckgandor I agree with @slp0001 on the ethical part, although i feel like if that were the case all of the dragons would band together and probably wipe out people altogether XD.

I think it would be nice if humans and dragons worked together and had mutual respect for each other. If they would allow it i think larger breeds would be used for transportation, mid sized breeds for work, and small breeds as companions. People would definitely train them for war/crime fighting/etc.
@luckgandor
I mean, in reality, the dragons would prolly just view us as vermin and how we have mice traps, Imperials have human traps. And then the dragons have us as pets sometimes but normally just feed us to their familiars. (Lookin' at those buttersnakes and caimans right now)

BUT, if we did somehow manage not to kill one another at first sight, it would probably end up like having smarter, naturally flying, four-legged humans around.
@luckgandor
I mean, in reality, the dragons would prolly just view us as vermin and how we have mice traps, Imperials have human traps. And then the dragons have us as pets sometimes but normally just feed us to their familiars. (Lookin' at those buttersnakes and caimans right now)

BUT, if we did somehow manage not to kill one another at first sight, it would probably end up like having smarter, naturally flying, four-legged humans around.
*Slowly pushes Lavarock's profile into the thread and scoots away* [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1509613] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/15097/1509613_350.png[/img] [/url]
*Slowly pushes Lavarock's profile into the thread and scoots away*

1509613_350.png
TOW2n3q.png
@Delighted
You just recreated How to Train Your Dragon.
@Delighted
You just recreated How to Train Your Dragon.
Untitled_Artwork.png
rjSiOyf.gif
P R O J E C T S
the librarythe questpixel art
red_king_poro_by_lilmisssunbear-d89bpvq.gif
I don't think it'd be ethical because dragons are sentient creatures that are just as smart if not smarter than humans, and I'm also not fond of 'owning' ( I don't even consider owning my pets, they're more like friends to me, I take care of their health because they're like children and don't realize that some things may harm them but they're free to do whatever they want as long as it's not bad for them or doesn't destroy the house ) .

IF owning dragons was a thing though, I'd own Imps because they're my favorite breed :3 and I'd love to have an Imp friend anyway ^-^ I think each Dragon Rider ( I can't help but think of Eragon in these situations xD ) would have a personality similar to their dragon's breed personality traits .

I don't think it'd be ethical because dragons are sentient creatures that are just as smart if not smarter than humans, and I'm also not fond of 'owning' ( I don't even consider owning my pets, they're more like friends to me, I take care of their health because they're like children and don't realize that some things may harm them but they're free to do whatever they want as long as it's not bad for them or doesn't destroy the house ) .

IF owning dragons was a thing though, I'd own Imps because they're my favorite breed :3 and I'd love to have an Imp friend anyway ^-^ I think each Dragon Rider ( I can't help but think of Eragon in these situations xD ) would have a personality similar to their dragon's breed personality traits .

i0qH3.gifVSIck.gif
Faes would probably be good companions for people in need of helpers/service animals. They'd be a bit of a two for one deal. Other Dragons like Mirrors and Tundra are probably good for seeing eye types of this and are probably able to help predict things like seizures and the like. There could be a pretty good helper culture for some dragons. It'd be interesting.
Faes would probably be good companions for people in need of helpers/service animals. They'd be a bit of a two for one deal. Other Dragons like Mirrors and Tundra are probably good for seeing eye types of this and are probably able to help predict things like seizures and the like. There could be a pretty good helper culture for some dragons. It'd be interesting.
VGxuHXT.png
I think Mirrors would be like the Pitbulls of the dragon world
I think Mirrors would be like the Pitbulls of the dragon world
1586705.png2133444.png2075872.png1997799.png2128387.png
If humans and FR dragons shared a world it would work out about as well for us as it did the beastclans... only humans don't have magic.

And I don't think I'd want to be the familiar of a most of the dragon breeds here. For one humans are way to common, a lot of us would end up paying a visit to Baldwin's Brew.
If humans and FR dragons shared a world it would work out about as well for us as it did the beastclans... only humans don't have magic.

And I don't think I'd want to be the familiar of a most of the dragon breeds here. For one humans are way to common, a lot of us would end up paying a visit to Baldwin's Brew.
1 2