Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | On Un-Retiring Past Items
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Aviary
Is it? Considering that you need to hunt for months to get all the needed ingredients while the skink keeps getting cheaper and cheaper in the meanwhile, so by the time you get them you may only sell it for300-400? I'm not so sure about that, and I would definitely never call it an investment or something that retains its price.
(Idk, I just hopped on AH and sorted by price... I think there were green-throated for this price, too. Also, they stayed around 150k for a long time, too)

I'm advocating for fun but not at the expense of other players. We've been using sprites and other retired stuff as money investment for a long time, it'll be very sad to lose it. I won't mind if the price stabilizes at the current level, which is why I'm always advocating for a MP gem tab which would contain all retired stuff at prices not lower than the current ones, but having it decreased would be a pretty painful blow for the hoards of many players now.
@Aviary
Is it? Considering that you need to hunt for months to get all the needed ingredients while the skink keeps getting cheaper and cheaper in the meanwhile, so by the time you get them you may only sell it for300-400? I'm not so sure about that, and I would definitely never call it an investment or something that retains its price.
(Idk, I just hopped on AH and sorted by price... I think there were green-throated for this price, too. Also, they stayed around 150k for a long time, too)

I'm advocating for fun but not at the expense of other players. We've been using sprites and other retired stuff as money investment for a long time, it'll be very sad to lose it. I won't mind if the price stabilizes at the current level, which is why I'm always advocating for a MP gem tab which would contain all retired stuff at prices not lower than the current ones, but having it decreased would be a pretty painful blow for the hoards of many players now.
@Valemora I don't really think the current sprite price is fair to anyone. Think about it - anyone who got into the site fast enough to get 'em was mostly lucky. Lucky enough to hear about it soon enough, catch a reg window, have time off from school/work to get fest currency, and have that time off in a time that wasn't downtime. Sure, they're rare, and I totally think the price (and, if re-released, the work put into obtaining them) should reflect that, but man...

If the sprites and old fest apparel weren't inflated to massive degrees you wouldn't really need millions and millions of treasure for anything but lair expansions.

If everything went back down to a price that's still a decent amount but not so much that it takes years to save up for items that there are so few of, you wouldn't need the extra cash for much. It'd all balance itself out in the end. You could still sell your rarer stuff for that 500-750k range at LEAST, and hey, a couple of those nets you a lair expansion even when you're at Ancient. There's not much else ingame that'd cost so much (except like, KS items, but they're another beast entirely).

Also re: the skinks and swipp trades, I'm not citing them as a monetary investment but more as something that takes time to gather and save up. The issue of "but put work into it" comes up a lot, so this was mostly "hey, here's some fun work that takes a while to get done and when you finally get it done you feel super cool".

(also I figured 100-150k was a more "normal" skink price, I agree with you there. I recently got my conjoined skink so I was checking prices just last week or so, I remember weird purples were significantly worth more than the other two types, I think this might be beacause there's 5 per skink recipe, so people gather less before stopping, so there's less cycled around as a result? Just a guess.)
@Valemora I don't really think the current sprite price is fair to anyone. Think about it - anyone who got into the site fast enough to get 'em was mostly lucky. Lucky enough to hear about it soon enough, catch a reg window, have time off from school/work to get fest currency, and have that time off in a time that wasn't downtime. Sure, they're rare, and I totally think the price (and, if re-released, the work put into obtaining them) should reflect that, but man...

If the sprites and old fest apparel weren't inflated to massive degrees you wouldn't really need millions and millions of treasure for anything but lair expansions.

If everything went back down to a price that's still a decent amount but not so much that it takes years to save up for items that there are so few of, you wouldn't need the extra cash for much. It'd all balance itself out in the end. You could still sell your rarer stuff for that 500-750k range at LEAST, and hey, a couple of those nets you a lair expansion even when you're at Ancient. There's not much else ingame that'd cost so much (except like, KS items, but they're another beast entirely).

Also re: the skinks and swipp trades, I'm not citing them as a monetary investment but more as something that takes time to gather and save up. The issue of "but put work into it" comes up a lot, so this was mostly "hey, here's some fun work that takes a while to get done and when you finally get it done you feel super cool".

(also I figured 100-150k was a more "normal" skink price, I agree with you there. I recently got my conjoined skink so I was checking prices just last week or so, I remember weird purples were significantly worth more than the other two types, I think this might be beacause there's 5 per skink recipe, so people gather less before stopping, so there's less cycled around as a result? Just a guess.)
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="Aviary" date=2016-06-17 08:58:20] @Valemora I don't really think the current sprite price is fair to anyone. Think about it - anyone who got into the site fast enough to get 'em was mostly lucky. Lucky enough to hear about it soon enough, catch a reg window, have time off from school/work to get fest currency, and have that time off in a time that wasn't downtime. Sure, they're rare, and I totally think the price (and, if re-released, the work put into obtaining them) should reflect that, but man... If the sprites and old fest apparel weren't inflated to massive degrees you wouldn't really need millions and millions of treasure for anything but lair expansions. If everything went back down to a price that's still a decent amount but not so much that it takes years to save up for items that there are so few of, you wouldn't need the extra cash for much. It'd all balance itself out in the end. You could still sell your rarer stuff for that 500-750k range at LEAST, and hey, a couple of those nets you a lair expansion even when you're at Ancient. There's not much else ingame that'd cost so much (except like, KS items, but they're another beast entirely). Also re: the skinks and swipp trades, I'm not citing them as a monetary investment but more as something that takes time to gather and save up. The issue of "but put work into it" comes up a lot, so this was mostly "hey, here's some fun work that takes a while to get done and when you finally get it done you feel super cool". (also I figured 100-150k was a more "normal" skink price, I agree with you there. I recently got my conjoined skink so I was checking prices just last week or so, I remember weird purples were significantly worth more than the other two types, I think this might be beacause there's 5 per skink recipe, so people gather less before stopping, so there's less cycled around as a result? Just a guess.) [/quote] You're pointedly ignoring everyone who bought their investments at not-festival prices. What's your solution for the people for bought Light Sprites at 30,000 gems once you knock them down to 750k? Sorry, that's how the cookie crumbles don't forget to smile? Incidentally, this grand disinflation also doesn't account for the continuously soaring price of gems (and thats only ever going to go up) which now makes a Coatl scroll cost 1,600,000 treasure on it's own. Nevermind in you want gem genes, accents/skins, literally anything from the Gem MP.
Aviary wrote on 2016-06-17:

You're pointedly ignoring everyone who bought their investments at not-festival prices. What's your solution for the people for bought Light Sprites at 30,000 gems once you knock them down to 750k? Sorry, that's how the cookie crumbles don't forget to smile?

Incidentally, this grand disinflation also doesn't account for the continuously soaring price of gems (and thats only ever going to go up) which now makes a Coatl scroll cost 1,600,000 treasure on it's own. Nevermind in you want gem genes, accents/skins, literally anything from the Gem MP.

iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
@Aviary
Idk, I got my light sprite two weeks ago, it was expensive but not extraordinary, so I can say that it's possible to save up for them :D And yes, those players were lucky, just like some people were lucky to buy the stocks of unknown small company Microsoft 20 years ago. It could be possible that the game would have closed in a year though, then all that suffering through lag and downtime would have been for nothing.

Ok, but what would we do with all this treasure then? Tbh, I didn't plan to buy a light sprite at all, I just looked into my vault at some point and realized that I had 10 mil t and 15kg and absolutely nothing I could spend them on. So I gathered some more and bought a sprite. If there was no sprite... I'm not sure what I'd do then. Quit, maybe. It's pointless when you can have anything you want in mere seconds. At least now I can build it back which keeps me entertained! :D Btw, since then I've gathered 3 mil and 2.5kg more, and that not counting buying a vista, geneing my colorwheel hatch and throwing some money at Dom this week.

I mean, for some people it is difficult to gather treasure, but for others it's pretty easy, and without anything to spend it on I'd feel... lost. There aren't many retired items on site, especially in comparison with the whole assortment (like, there are 427 familiars, and only 31 are retired, that's 7%, and that includes the last fest cycle and loga, which are still cheap), so having a handful of expensive and rare stuff works for me just perfectly.
@Aviary
Idk, I got my light sprite two weeks ago, it was expensive but not extraordinary, so I can say that it's possible to save up for them :D And yes, those players were lucky, just like some people were lucky to buy the stocks of unknown small company Microsoft 20 years ago. It could be possible that the game would have closed in a year though, then all that suffering through lag and downtime would have been for nothing.

Ok, but what would we do with all this treasure then? Tbh, I didn't plan to buy a light sprite at all, I just looked into my vault at some point and realized that I had 10 mil t and 15kg and absolutely nothing I could spend them on. So I gathered some more and bought a sprite. If there was no sprite... I'm not sure what I'd do then. Quit, maybe. It's pointless when you can have anything you want in mere seconds. At least now I can build it back which keeps me entertained! :D Btw, since then I've gathered 3 mil and 2.5kg more, and that not counting buying a vista, geneing my colorwheel hatch and throwing some money at Dom this week.

I mean, for some people it is difficult to gather treasure, but for others it's pretty easy, and without anything to spend it on I'd feel... lost. There aren't many retired items on site, especially in comparison with the whole assortment (like, there are 427 familiars, and only 31 are retired, that's 7%, and that includes the last fest cycle and loga, which are still cheap), so having a handful of expensive and rare stuff works for me just perfectly.
@Valemora I'm um... hmm. I'm not sure what, um. Look, I'm trying to find a very polite way to say this but being rich is not a problem. Being able to buy whatever you want is not a problem. If you're bored, you could raffle off your riches and start over. A bunch of other people would have money and you could have fun getting rich again.

This is um... kind of the opposite of the argument you were making previously, too. If you just casually made 10 mil, then... well, that'd still be possible with smaller increments built up over time. You could save up your piles of treasure and get piles of genes. Buy ungened gen 1s now that their price has dropped in the colorwheel, gene 'em up and get big bucks for a fancy gen1 in a market full of less fancy ones.

You... could do literally anything with your money and you're asking people to accommodate that. Please respect that many people could not make that much in all their time on flight rising. Please respect that some people could but don't consider it an easy endeavor. Some people could easily, but shouldn't complain about it. I've made a million treasure in a day before. I still think it'd be more fun for more people on the site if they could get retired items if they did some challenges. The point isn't money. The point is there's so few holiday items on the site compared to players.
@Valemora I'm um... hmm. I'm not sure what, um. Look, I'm trying to find a very polite way to say this but being rich is not a problem. Being able to buy whatever you want is not a problem. If you're bored, you could raffle off your riches and start over. A bunch of other people would have money and you could have fun getting rich again.

This is um... kind of the opposite of the argument you were making previously, too. If you just casually made 10 mil, then... well, that'd still be possible with smaller increments built up over time. You could save up your piles of treasure and get piles of genes. Buy ungened gen 1s now that their price has dropped in the colorwheel, gene 'em up and get big bucks for a fancy gen1 in a market full of less fancy ones.

You... could do literally anything with your money and you're asking people to accommodate that. Please respect that many people could not make that much in all their time on flight rising. Please respect that some people could but don't consider it an easy endeavor. Some people could easily, but shouldn't complain about it. I've made a million treasure in a day before. I still think it'd be more fun for more people on the site if they could get retired items if they did some challenges. The point isn't money. The point is there's so few holiday items on the site compared to players.
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Jad Keeping the sprite price at the unattainable level that people complain about having to earn and spend isn't the answer.

I've bought sprites. I've bought sprites at the current prices. I've bought dragons when their breeds just came out like skydancers and nocturnes. I bought a wildclaw scroll for one of my dragon years ago, and I recently sold him without a second thought.

I don't want anyone to reimburse me for the money I've spent in the past. I'm not upset about it. Sometimes I feel a little silly, but it was my choice to buy things at the price they were at. In a player-run economy, things are always fluctuating. And heck, I paid that money in the past, which means I have more time to make more now.
@Jad Keeping the sprite price at the unattainable level that people complain about having to earn and spend isn't the answer.

I've bought sprites. I've bought sprites at the current prices. I've bought dragons when their breeds just came out like skydancers and nocturnes. I bought a wildclaw scroll for one of my dragon years ago, and I recently sold him without a second thought.

I don't want anyone to reimburse me for the money I've spent in the past. I'm not upset about it. Sometimes I feel a little silly, but it was my choice to buy things at the price they were at. In a player-run economy, things are always fluctuating. And heck, I paid that money in the past, which means I have more time to make more now.
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
Outside of the Light Sprite, every other sprite can be bought within six weeks, right now, should you have a coli team.

I make about a million weekly this way, am a VERY CASUAL PLAYER, and thus, could get a fire sprite in like 2 months. I know a lot of players are way more dedicated than I am.

There are also a lot more sprites that we think. There are people having a couple spares in their vaults, namely. We're not near extinction.
Outside of the Light Sprite, every other sprite can be bought within six weeks, right now, should you have a coli team.

I make about a million weekly this way, am a VERY CASUAL PLAYER, and thus, could get a fire sprite in like 2 months. I know a lot of players are way more dedicated than I am.

There are also a lot more sprites that we think. There are people having a couple spares in their vaults, namely. We're not near extinction.
[quote name="Jad" date=2016-06-17 09:07:42] You're pointedly ignoring everyone who bought their investments at not-festival prices. What's your solution for the people for bought Light Sprites at 30,000 gems once you knock them down to 750k? Sorry, that's how the cookie crumbles don't forget to smile? Incidentally, this grand disinflation also doesn't account for the continuously soaring price of gems (and thats only ever going to go up) which now makes a Coatl scroll cost 1,600,000 treasure on it's own. Nevermind in you want gem genes, accents/skins, literally anything from the Gem MP. [/quote] Unfortunately, that's how any economy works. Values and prices go up and down all the time based on thousands of different variables. Look at oil or and business stocks. To have an investment that is [b]guaranteed[/b] only go up is basically [i]a unicorn[/i] in economics. [i]However[/i] I'm really not ok with the sprites becoming [i]that cheap.[/i] As Valemora said, many older players no longer need to use the treasure sinks available in the game. That inflates the Treasure/Gem rate more than what it already is, and therefore starts messing with the economy more. Not enough treasure is getting flushed out of the system. Having the sprites valued in the low millions is... doable, as long as they stay there and stop inflating as they have over the past couple of years.
Jad wrote on 2016-06-17:
You're pointedly ignoring everyone who bought their investments at not-festival prices. What's your solution for the people for bought Light Sprites at 30,000 gems once you knock them down to 750k? Sorry, that's how the cookie crumbles don't forget to smile?

Incidentally, this grand disinflation also doesn't account for the continuously soaring price of gems (and thats only ever going to go up) which now makes a Coatl scroll cost 1,600,000 treasure on it's own. Nevermind in you want gem genes, accents/skins, literally anything from the Gem MP.

Unfortunately, that's how any economy works. Values and prices go up and down all the time based on thousands of different variables. Look at oil or and business stocks. To have an investment that is guaranteed only go up is basically a unicorn in economics.

However I'm really not ok with the sprites becoming that cheap. As Valemora said, many older players no longer need to use the treasure sinks available in the game. That inflates the Treasure/Gem rate more than what it already is, and therefore starts messing with the economy more. Not enough treasure is getting flushed out of the system. Having the sprites valued in the low millions is... doable, as long as they stay there and stop inflating as they have over the past couple of years.
sig-145.png
url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2228365/1]UM/ Festival Accents for Sale Here![/url]
@Silverishness Maybe introducing new treasure sinks every now and again might not be a bad idea then. 0: Honestly, the site keeps comin out with updates really frequently. It's plausible.

And yeah, I can agree that a couple million treasure is like. High, but feasible if given the time. That much I would be okay with. I am concerned with sprites kind of becoming extinct in the future, hence the suggestion here, but no, expensive but plausible is fine by me, eheh.
@Silverishness Maybe introducing new treasure sinks every now and again might not be a bad idea then. 0: Honestly, the site keeps comin out with updates really frequently. It's plausible.

And yeah, I can agree that a couple million treasure is like. High, but feasible if given the time. That much I would be okay with. I am concerned with sprites kind of becoming extinct in the future, hence the suggestion here, but no, expensive but plausible is fine by me, eheh.
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
look friendorinos if you have 15mil you don't know what to do with then just pump it into the economy some other way

there's a ton of art shops, there's a ton of accent shops, there's raffles and giveaways and like

i legitimately can't earn money on fliri easily for a multitude of reasons:
  • i have a bad computer that dislikes running coli for long
  • i have joint issues that prevent me from doing repetitive tasks like coli or shock switch
  • my keyboard isnt in best shape so i cant reliably play shock switch anyway

i joined in y2's rockbreaker's, how in the heck am i supposed to get a sprite? heck, how can i even get non-sprite retired items, like the golem gauntlet? that goes for like 600k and the most i have at any given time is 200k.

and forget about buying gems, i only have a handful of dollars to my name and while i dont fault other poor people for spending their cash on fliri thats not an option for me between rent and food and all the other fun adult stuff

why is it so mindbending to yall to let the underdogs have nice things?
look friendorinos if you have 15mil you don't know what to do with then just pump it into the economy some other way

there's a ton of art shops, there's a ton of accent shops, there's raffles and giveaways and like

i legitimately can't earn money on fliri easily for a multitude of reasons:
  • i have a bad computer that dislikes running coli for long
  • i have joint issues that prevent me from doing repetitive tasks like coli or shock switch
  • my keyboard isnt in best shape so i cant reliably play shock switch anyway

i joined in y2's rockbreaker's, how in the heck am i supposed to get a sprite? heck, how can i even get non-sprite retired items, like the golem gauntlet? that goes for like 600k and the most i have at any given time is 200k.

and forget about buying gems, i only have a handful of dollars to my name and while i dont fault other poor people for spending their cash on fliri thats not an option for me between rent and food and all the other fun adult stuff

why is it so mindbending to yall to let the underdogs have nice things?
HzGpUHb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6