Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Video games
1 2 3 4 5
What is a favorite video game you like to play? Whats it about and how do you get through or around the game? Any thing is ok and if you have found any secrets that you'd like to share, that is great as well.
What is a favorite video game you like to play? Whats it about and how do you get through or around the game? Any thing is ok and if you have found any secrets that you'd like to share, that is great as well.
@AliceRose
There are so many favorites ;-;
I'd say... The Last of Us is my favorite for the storyline, The Witcher 3 for amazing gameplay + graphics and just an overall amazing game and The Cat Lady because it's so unique and I can relate to it a lot. What about you?
@AliceRose
There are so many favorites ;-;
I'd say... The Last of Us is my favorite for the storyline, The Witcher 3 for amazing gameplay + graphics and just an overall amazing game and The Cat Lady because it's so unique and I can relate to it a lot. What about you?
tEUQs.gifRhhdL.gifpxhqr.gifRSMIQ.gif
i'm not much into games myself but i do have a few favorites.

persona 3, 4, q: shadow of the labyrinth, and 5 (when it comes out) have some of the best stories and soundtracks ever.

life is strange made me cry multiple times so that one's on my list of favorites.

alice: madness returns is a horror-genre alice in wonderland game. i have my cousin to thank for getting me into that one.

infamous: second son is also fantastic. i like the fact that you can deviate between a good path and an evil one, and your character's appearance changes depending on how far along each path you are.
i'm not much into games myself but i do have a few favorites.

persona 3, 4, q: shadow of the labyrinth, and 5 (when it comes out) have some of the best stories and soundtracks ever.

life is strange made me cry multiple times so that one's on my list of favorites.

alice: madness returns is a horror-genre alice in wonderland game. i have my cousin to thank for getting me into that one.

infamous: second son is also fantastic. i like the fact that you can deviate between a good path and an evil one, and your character's appearance changes depending on how far along each path you are.
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
My all-time faves are probably FFVI, Chrono Cross, Harvest Moon 64, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

In HM64's case, it's just a game that's stuck with me through childhood onward, so I just kinda know it like the back of my hand.

FFVI has so much to explore and drink in, and it excels both in story telling and gameplay. I've beaten it like 4 times at this point no shame.

Chrono Cross is a more recent love, but I loved Trigger and Radical Dreamers so when I bought it a few months back I expected I'd enjoy it but aaaaa I ended up falling in love with it.

Code Veronica is a little of all of those. Even if it's considered a sub-par RE game, it just takes me back to living with my best friend in high school and sitting in her dark bedroom and making jokes about its awful voice acting and goofy plot. It's a ton of fun outside of that though.
My all-time faves are probably FFVI, Chrono Cross, Harvest Moon 64, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

In HM64's case, it's just a game that's stuck with me through childhood onward, so I just kinda know it like the back of my hand.

FFVI has so much to explore and drink in, and it excels both in story telling and gameplay. I've beaten it like 4 times at this point no shame.

Chrono Cross is a more recent love, but I loved Trigger and Radical Dreamers so when I bought it a few months back I expected I'd enjoy it but aaaaa I ended up falling in love with it.

Code Veronica is a little of all of those. Even if it's considered a sub-par RE game, it just takes me back to living with my best friend in high school and sitting in her dark bedroom and making jokes about its awful voice acting and goofy plot. It's a ton of fun outside of that though.
wV6zlEw.png
[quote name="Hollyshark" date=2016-06-12 10:40:58] alice: madness returns is a horror-genre alice in wonderland game. i have my cousin to thank for getting me into that one. [/quote] @Hollyshark Yes! <3 American McGee's A:MR is so amazing. I want the original Alice so bad but it's so hard to find.. :'c I loved looking around for hidden easter eggs (Psychonauts easter egg and all the hidden cut enemies and wonderland creatures in London.. ;w; the easter egg hunter in me was so excited) Spyro- A classic Playstation platformer that lasted for 3 games (there were sequels, but they weren't made by the original company and vary in how good they are. Legend of Spyro (a reboot did in the mid-2000s) is good, but not the same as the classics). You play a little purple dragon who is out to fight evil and collect items! Pokemon- Well known RPG involving the capture and raising of monsters! The spin offs are also amazing.. :D NiGHTS into Dreams/Journey of Dreams- A Sega Saturn (Into Dreams) and a Wii (Journey of Dreams) game series, about children going into a bright vibrant dream world and meeting a strange being known as NiGHTS. Together they explore and fight monsters based (kinda??) on their problems, and save the world of dreams from the monsters of Nightmare. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask 3D- remakes of well loved Nintendo 64 games. A young hero named Link goes on strange adventures to save Hyrule (OoT) or Termina (MM). Undertale- A human falls into a world of monsters, and must find a way out. Plays as a RPG, with the option to SAVE or to KILL. :3
Hollyshark wrote on 2016-06-12:
@Hollyshark
Yes! <3 American McGee's A:MR is so amazing. I want the original Alice so bad but it's so hard to find.. :'c I loved looking around for hidden easter eggs (Psychonauts easter egg and all the hidden cut enemies and wonderland creatures in London.. ;w; the easter egg hunter in me was so excited)

Spyro- A classic Playstation platformer that lasted for 3 games (there were sequels, but they weren't made by the original company and vary in how good they are. Legend of Spyro (a reboot did in the mid-2000s) is good, but not the same as the classics). You play a little purple dragon who is out to fight evil and collect items!

Pokemon- Well known RPG involving the capture and raising of monsters! The spin offs are also amazing.. :D

NiGHTS into Dreams/Journey of Dreams- A Sega Saturn (Into Dreams) and a Wii (Journey of Dreams) game series, about children going into a bright vibrant dream world and meeting a strange being known as NiGHTS. Together they explore and fight monsters based (kinda??) on their problems, and save the world of dreams from the monsters of Nightmare.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask 3D- remakes of well loved Nintendo 64 games. A young hero named Link goes on strange adventures to save Hyrule (OoT) or Termina (MM).

Undertale- A human falls into a world of monsters, and must find a way out. Plays as a RPG, with the option to SAVE or to KILL. :3
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
@babyhand i think I have heard of the Last of Us, don't know for sure. I have heard the Witcher series is good. Never really heard of cat lady. As for my game preferences right now, I like fighting, zombie, or action games like Mortal Kombat XL, Zombie Army Trilogy, and Assassin's creed.
@babyhand i think I have heard of the Last of Us, don't know for sure. I have heard the Witcher series is good. Never really heard of cat lady. As for my game preferences right now, I like fighting, zombie, or action games like Mortal Kombat XL, Zombie Army Trilogy, and Assassin's creed.
@Hollyshark I can't remember if I have heard of Persona before... it seems that I have but I haven't at the same time. Is there a character in the game that wears blue and carries a book and cards?
Life is strange sounds familiar too... don't know why tho.
I wish and hope so bad to play Alice: madness returns. I so badly want to play it.
I played infamous second son yesterday actually. I have two files: one is level four or five Paragon (good), the other is level one and bad.
@Hollyshark I can't remember if I have heard of Persona before... it seems that I have but I haven't at the same time. Is there a character in the game that wears blue and carries a book and cards?
Life is strange sounds familiar too... don't know why tho.
I wish and hope so bad to play Alice: madness returns. I so badly want to play it.
I played infamous second son yesterday actually. I have two files: one is level four or five Paragon (good), the other is level one and bad.
@Opassa I don't think I have heard of FfVI.
I haven't heard of chrono cross.
I played a HM game once. Cant remember which one though.
I have played one of the resident evil revelations and another one for PS two. I can't remember the name of it but it's about Leon saving the presidents daughter Ashley.
@Opassa I don't think I have heard of FfVI.
I haven't heard of chrono cross.
I played a HM game once. Cant remember which one though.
I have played one of the resident evil revelations and another one for PS two. I can't remember the name of it but it's about Leon saving the presidents daughter Ashley.
@Shadria OMG! I haven't heard the name spyro since I was... idk, in middle school I think. I loved that game. It was a cool game.
I LOVE Pokemon. I don't think it will ever be an unpopular game. I remember my first Pokemon game was fire red for gameboy advance SP. I got all the way past the four main trainors at Victory Road or whatever then got to go to the Seveii Islands. I got stuck on that with Team Rocket. Now for my 3DS, I have Pokemon black version 2, Pokemon X and Y.
Never heard of the nights game.
Love LoZ especially LoZ link to the past. Just started hearing about undertale.
@Shadria OMG! I haven't heard the name spyro since I was... idk, in middle school I think. I loved that game. It was a cool game.
I LOVE Pokemon. I don't think it will ever be an unpopular game. I remember my first Pokemon game was fire red for gameboy advance SP. I got all the way past the four main trainors at Victory Road or whatever then got to go to the Seveii Islands. I got stuck on that with Team Rocket. Now for my 3DS, I have Pokemon black version 2, Pokemon X and Y.
Never heard of the nights game.
Love LoZ especially LoZ link to the past. Just started hearing about undertale.
BIoshock. I freakin' love the first two games. I'm lukewarm about Bioshock Infinite but Bioshock and Bioshock 2 will always have a special place in my heart. Bioshock 2 was the first videogame I ever played, and Bioshock has an amazing storyline. They are technically horror games but they really aren't that scary. There's like... ONE jump scare in the entire series haha
BIoshock. I freakin' love the first two games. I'm lukewarm about Bioshock Infinite but Bioshock and Bioshock 2 will always have a special place in my heart. Bioshock 2 was the first videogame I ever played, and Bioshock has an amazing storyline. They are technically horror games but they really aren't that scary. There's like... ONE jump scare in the entire series haha
1 2 3 4 5