Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Cipher Items Decryption Help
Ok, so you know those mysterious pieces of torn parchment? The ones with the cipher-like lettering in the description? They're kinda weird, don't you think? And there's so many of them. I've been trauling the Auction House, just reading the descriptions and bouncing from papyrus to scrap to chronicle with the search function, and I've gathered over fifty bits and bobs of cipher-like text.

I want to decrypt them, assuming they have an actual meaning and aren't just there to troll us. Who knows, they may spell out some interesting lore! Or a hint for an upcoming feature!

But to do that, I need your help.

You see, a lot of the ones in the Auction House were just single examples of items. Which suggests to me that here are a lot more that aren't for sale by any user at this point in time. In fact, I suspect there's one per Flight per number. So, if anyone has any that aren't listed here, I'd like you to post them so I can get at that precious scrap of clue! They're listed by number, as in the ([x] of 7) thing that's listed at the end of each description, because I needed some way to keep things organized and that's as good a thing as any.

Alternately, if someone's already started this you can point me their way to keep the forums from getting too clogged. Anyway, list of current collection will be in the next post.
Ok, so you know those mysterious pieces of torn parchment? The ones with the cipher-like lettering in the description? They're kinda weird, don't you think? And there's so many of them. I've been trauling the Auction House, just reading the descriptions and bouncing from papyrus to scrap to chronicle with the search function, and I've gathered over fifty bits and bobs of cipher-like text.

I want to decrypt them, assuming they have an actual meaning and aren't just there to troll us. Who knows, they may spell out some interesting lore! Or a hint for an upcoming feature!

But to do that, I need your help.

You see, a lot of the ones in the Auction House were just single examples of items. Which suggests to me that here are a lot more that aren't for sale by any user at this point in time. In fact, I suspect there's one per Flight per number. So, if anyone has any that aren't listed here, I'd like you to post them so I can get at that precious scrap of clue! They're listed by number, as in the ([x] of 7) thing that's listed at the end of each description, because I needed some way to keep things organized and that's as good a thing as any.

Alternately, if someone's already started this you can point me their way to keep the forums from getting too clogged. Anyway, list of current collection will be in the next post.
[b]1 of 7[/b] [item=Strange-Smelling Vellum][item=Hastily-Written Chronicle][item=Unintelligible Papyrus Scroll][item=Crumpled Parchment Tatters][item=Ominous Primitive Scripture] [b]2 of 7[/b] [item=Confusing Scriptscratches][item=Unfathomable Runic Text][item=Incomprehensible Paragraph][item=Illegible Moldy Narrative][item=Disintegrating Runescrap][item=Unintelligible Parchment Scrap][item=Confusing Parchment Scrap][item=Quickly-Written Warning] [b]3 of 7[/b] [item=Scrawled Paper Textscroll][item=Indecipherable Textscroll][item=Harrowing Vellum Missive][item=Ambiguous Scriptscratches][item=Confusing Tattered Narrative][item=Fading Tattered Brief][item=Ominous-Looking Letter][item=Damp Ominous Textscrap][item=Baffling Parchment Paper] [b]4 of 7[/b] [item=Illegible Glyphscroll][item=Cryptic Fungal Textscroll][item=Weirdly-Written Textscroll][item=Perplexing Scriptscratches][item=Weirdly-Scrawled Missive][item=Tiny Runic Missive][item=Crumpled Scriptscratches][item=Foreign Runic Scribbles][item=Illegible Paragraph][item=Mystifying Paper Chronicle] [b]5 of 7[/b] [item=Tattered Paragraph][item=Crushed Parchment Tatters][item=Dry Crumbling Document][item=Trampled Narrative][item=Cryptic Molding Runescrap][item=Hastily-Written Glyphs] [b]6 of 7[/b] [item=Destroyed Papyrus Scroll][item=Tarnished Correspondence][item=Perplexing Correspondence][item=Strange Runic Letter][item=Destroyed Paper Narrative][item=Baffling Scrap of Paper][item=Unintelligible Chronicle] [b]7 of 7[/b] [item=Moldy Fading Parchment][item=Ambiguous Document][item=Puzzling Runic Textscroll][item=Wasted Puzzling Missive][item=Disintegrating Runescroll][item=Tarnished Runic Scripture][item=Faint Runic Narrative][item=Illegible Torn Letter][item=Inscrutable Paper Dispatch]
1 of 7
Strange-smelling Vellum Hastily-Written Chronicle Unintelligible Papyrus Scroll Crumpled Parchment Tatters Ominous Primitive Scripture

2 of 7
Confusing Scriptscratches Unfathomable Runic Text Incomprehensible Paragraph Illegible Moldy Narrative Disintegrating Runescrap Unintelligible Parchment Scrap Confusing Parchment Scrap Quickly-Written Warning

3 of 7
Scrawled Paper Textscroll Indecipherable Textscroll Harrowing Vellum Missive Ambiguous Scriptscratches Confusing Tattered Narrative Fading Tattered Brief Ominous-Looking Letter Damp Ominous Textscrap Baffling Parchment Paper

4 of 7
Illegible Glyphscroll Cryptic Fungal Textscroll Weirdly-Written Textscroll Perplexing Scriptscratches Weirdly-Scrawled Missive Tiny Runic Missive Crumpled Scriptscratches Foreign Runic Scribbles Illegible Paragraph Mystifying Paper Chronicle

5 of 7
Tattered Paragraph Crushed Parchment Tatters Dry Crumbling Document Trampled Narrative Cryptic Molding Runescrap Hastily-Written Glyphs

6 of 7
Destroyed Papyrus Scroll Tarnished Correspondence Perplexing Correspondence Strange Runic Letter Destroyed Paper Narrative Baffling Scrap of Paper Unintelligible Chronicle

7 of 7
Moldy Fading Parchment Ambiguous Document Puzzling Runic Textscroll Wasted Puzzling Missive Disintegrating Runescroll Tarnished Runic Scripture Faint Runic Narrative Illegible Torn Letter Inscrutable Paper Dispatch
@Firebird766
I think this mystery has actually already been solved.
There is a thread here with a link to all of them, and they've all been decrypted.
I think it was to introduce a new feature, but by now that feature is old.
@Firebird766
I think this mystery has actually already been solved.
There is a thread here with a link to all of them, and they've all been decrypted.
I think it was to introduce a new feature, but by now that feature is old.
_____

earthshieldl.png

Five tumblr_inline_oorhpt9UAY1u5ynwc_540.png he/him tumblr_inline_oorhpt9UAY1u5ynwc_540.png FR+3
tumblr_inline_o0txw9j3qz1tqyuge_250.png

Proud Parents Collection:

Planning to exalt a dragon with 100+ offspring?
PM me!
download20220300024612.png
____
Welp, wow am I way late!

Thanks for the notice!
Welp, wow am I way late!

Thanks for the notice!