Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fluent German speakers?
1 2 3 4 5 6
@BloodyAngel12

Hey, another native-speaker here! ^.^
Even thought i speak german most of the time since it's my mother language, I have to admit it's quite boring and frustrating most of the time /)w(\
Compared to German, french sounds so much more "elegant" and the sound to it feels way more pleasant than the sound of german words. And English sounds way more pleasing too and it's even so much more easier than both german and French. Saying the same thing, you need way more words in german than in english! And somehow the available words in english can describe something way more precice and smoother than you coud with german. So it's easier, shorter and more precice to talk in english than in german :D
Sooo, yeah, there are many languages I like from the sound or the way thigs are pronounced... and german sadly is none of those languages x,3
There are of course some germans that have that kind of voice that let's anything sound angelic, even german. But I'm not one of them and idon't really meet many of that kind /)w(\
But, well, the language itself is quite okay, i guess ^^
Currently i'm learning French, russian and a bit japanese ~ (since I think all of those sound way more awesome and because i have connections to some of the countries ^^)
@BloodyAngel12

Hey, another native-speaker here! ^.^
Even thought i speak german most of the time since it's my mother language, I have to admit it's quite boring and frustrating most of the time /)w(\
Compared to German, french sounds so much more "elegant" and the sound to it feels way more pleasant than the sound of german words. And English sounds way more pleasing too and it's even so much more easier than both german and French. Saying the same thing, you need way more words in german than in english! And somehow the available words in english can describe something way more precice and smoother than you coud with german. So it's easier, shorter and more precice to talk in english than in german :D
Sooo, yeah, there are many languages I like from the sound or the way thigs are pronounced... and german sadly is none of those languages x,3
There are of course some germans that have that kind of voice that let's anything sound angelic, even german. But I'm not one of them and idon't really meet many of that kind /)w(\
But, well, the language itself is quite okay, i guess ^^
Currently i'm learning French, russian and a bit japanese ~ (since I think all of those sound way more awesome and because i have connections to some of the countries ^^)
5658913b2043aec727e72a049bd2680c78b35eb5_hq.gif
@DeepflowManah

100% vegetarian/vegan restaurants? That's cool, the ones I usually see offers a vegetarian/vegan option but I don't many restaurants that are purely for vegetarian/vegans. (Then again, I don't actively look for such restaurants, though maybe I should as some of my family is vegetarian)

The weather part makes sense.

For a moment, I was like "no, no, that wasn't my point at all! ><" Honestly, it makes sense why you would feel that way, I probably would too. The best way to help...describe (for lack of better word) why we shouldn't point accusatory fingers at germans nowadays is like someone (Ismaiel, I believe) said, we wouldn't blame the child of a criminal for criminal's actions so why blame them now? (It's been like 90+ years) Germany and most of the world are in good relations (I'm pretty sure) so... (I merely ask because it's one thing to learn the history from the viewpoint of outside the country that started it and another to learn the viewpoint of inside the country that did it.

Ahh, Germany seems so beautiful~

@DeepflowManah

100% vegetarian/vegan restaurants? That's cool, the ones I usually see offers a vegetarian/vegan option but I don't many restaurants that are purely for vegetarian/vegans. (Then again, I don't actively look for such restaurants, though maybe I should as some of my family is vegetarian)

The weather part makes sense.

For a moment, I was like "no, no, that wasn't my point at all! ><" Honestly, it makes sense why you would feel that way, I probably would too. The best way to help...describe (for lack of better word) why we shouldn't point accusatory fingers at germans nowadays is like someone (Ismaiel, I believe) said, we wouldn't blame the child of a criminal for criminal's actions so why blame them now? (It's been like 90+ years) Germany and most of the world are in good relations (I'm pretty sure) so... (I merely ask because it's one thing to learn the history from the viewpoint of outside the country that started it and another to learn the viewpoint of inside the country that did it.

Ahh, Germany seems so beautiful~

SYJDX48.png
@bucketsAhoy

No, no, I'm actually very happy to see how the residential areas look in Germany! I can see the pictures of big cities pretty well on google (that's accurate I think) but it's so fascinating to see how residential areas look in different countries. Seeing the church, what's the dominant religion in Germany, if you don't mind me asking? Are there other religions also scattered throughout? In the U.S. it appears that Calothic religion (and Christian) is the dominate one but we have so many other diverse cultures that we have other religions throughout. But dominate one would have to be Catholic.
@bucketsAhoy

No, no, I'm actually very happy to see how the residential areas look in Germany! I can see the pictures of big cities pretty well on google (that's accurate I think) but it's so fascinating to see how residential areas look in different countries. Seeing the church, what's the dominant religion in Germany, if you don't mind me asking? Are there other religions also scattered throughout? In the U.S. it appears that Calothic religion (and Christian) is the dominate one but we have so many other diverse cultures that we have other religions throughout. But dominate one would have to be Catholic.
SYJDX48.png
@LapidotHell

Welcome to the conversation, friend!

I can understand why many people tend to prefer French or Italian over german but there's just something about the way it's spoken (excluding the super, super, super harsh ones that I've heard from some people) that I just really like. I'm probably just weird like that.
@LapidotHell

Welcome to the conversation, friend!

I can understand why many people tend to prefer French or Italian over german but there's just something about the way it's spoken (excluding the super, super, super harsh ones that I've heard from some people) that I just really like. I'm probably just weird like that.
SYJDX48.png
@BloodyAngel12

Don't worry, that was more of an automatic rant reaction (I guess that illustrates how I feel about the entire thing pretty well). I've heard of people who think Hitler is still alive, so as long as you're not that ignorant, it's fine.^^

I'd say Christianity is the dominant religion, though it's nowhere near as in your face as in the U.S. - I haven't heard anyone talk about religion in years, except for my Muslim ex-neighbors when dietary restrictions came up somehow, and an amusing preacher type of guy who's more talking to himself than actually preaching.
@BloodyAngel12

Don't worry, that was more of an automatic rant reaction (I guess that illustrates how I feel about the entire thing pretty well). I've heard of people who think Hitler is still alive, so as long as you're not that ignorant, it's fine.^^

I'd say Christianity is the dominant religion, though it's nowhere near as in your face as in the U.S. - I haven't heard anyone talk about religion in years, except for my Muslim ex-neighbors when dietary restrictions came up somehow, and an amusing preacher type of guy who's more talking to himself than actually preaching.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
@DeepflowManah

There're people who think Hitler is still alive. O_O

Ok, I think I want to move to Germany. I don't mind religions, I believe that people should have the right to practice it, I just would like to not have it shoved onto me or to tell me how to live my life (or others). But it's not that bad here, just some thing's I've experienced.
@DeepflowManah

There're people who think Hitler is still alive. O_O

Ok, I think I want to move to Germany. I don't mind religions, I believe that people should have the right to practice it, I just would like to not have it shoved onto me or to tell me how to live my life (or others). But it's not that bad here, just some thing's I've experienced.
SYJDX48.png
@BloodyAngel12

I really don't know much about religion but I think everyone is pretty much lowkey catholic somehow (or christian? im not 100% sure what the difference is). Like my grandma has old fancy biblical pictures on the walls of her home but we never pray before dinner or go to church or whatever. It never really comes up much. I know that me and my brother were baptized as children but that was about the extent of our exposure to religion, we never read the bible or anything. It might be different in other parts but no one that I know is really super religious. I just know we have a lot of fancy old churches
@BloodyAngel12

I really don't know much about religion but I think everyone is pretty much lowkey catholic somehow (or christian? im not 100% sure what the difference is). Like my grandma has old fancy biblical pictures on the walls of her home but we never pray before dinner or go to church or whatever. It never really comes up much. I know that me and my brother were baptized as children but that was about the extent of our exposure to religion, we never read the bible or anything. It might be different in other parts but no one that I know is really super religious. I just know we have a lot of fancy old churches
Actual Satan
@bucketsAhoy I don't know why I cracked up at [quote] but no one that I know is really super religious. I just know we have a lot of fancy old churches[/quote]. Just ignore me. :)
@bucketsAhoy

I don't know why I cracked up at
Quote:
but no one that I know is really super religious. I just know we have a lot of fancy old churches
. Just ignore me. :)
SYJDX48.png
@BloodyAngel12 Hahahaa, I guess the old churches are mostly left over from the middle ages and stuff back when religion was really big
@BloodyAngel12 Hahahaa, I guess the old churches are mostly left over from the middle ages and stuff back when religion was really big
Actual Satan
Church buildings = architectural art, as far as I'm concerned. :)
Church buildings = architectural art, as far as I'm concerned. :)
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
1 2 3 4 5 6