Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Runaway Rockets (1x1 with Juneberry)
Private 1x1 with Juneberry here! Johto Pokemon shenanigans, let's go.
Private 1x1 with Juneberry here! Johto Pokemon shenanigans, let's go.
eq6zQ9M.png
eswSnrS.png
nupGNag.png
40kx151.png
Kyle BMbHYAh.png
ikTPgzn.png
rsCzY87.png
WtQy0hm.png
Reserving this just in case we want a place to put stuff later
Reserving this just in case we want a place to put stuff later
eq6zQ9M.png
eswSnrS.png
nupGNag.png
40kx151.png
Kyle BMbHYAh.png
ikTPgzn.png
rsCzY87.png
WtQy0hm.png
((Aaaaand go!))

The sun had just finally dragged itself entirely free of the horizon, and even the long shadows of the trees which surrounded the farm weren't long enough to reach the middle of the fenced-in clearing the farm occupied, where Sandy was walking with purpose, the sleeves of her ratty old button-up shoved up past her elbows and a giant pail of milk sloshing dangerously in her arms. It didn't faze her a bit. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw someone walking through the open front gate onto the farm, and picked up her pace for half a second, her heart jumping just a bit at the idea of greeting a new face at the front desk, until the milk sloshed a little too dangerously and about half a cup landed wetly on the grass. With a sigh, she returned to her normal pace and focused instead on willing the ground to move faster underneath her. She wasn't letting her parents have this one; the day was just starting and she was already bored. The new girl was hers.
((Aaaaand go!))

The sun had just finally dragged itself entirely free of the horizon, and even the long shadows of the trees which surrounded the farm weren't long enough to reach the middle of the fenced-in clearing the farm occupied, where Sandy was walking with purpose, the sleeves of her ratty old button-up shoved up past her elbows and a giant pail of milk sloshing dangerously in her arms. It didn't faze her a bit. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw someone walking through the open front gate onto the farm, and picked up her pace for half a second, her heart jumping just a bit at the idea of greeting a new face at the front desk, until the milk sloshed a little too dangerously and about half a cup landed wetly on the grass. With a sigh, she returned to her normal pace and focused instead on willing the ground to move faster underneath her. She wasn't letting her parents have this one; the day was just starting and she was already bored. The new girl was hers.
eq6zQ9M.png
eswSnrS.png
nupGNag.png
40kx151.png
Kyle BMbHYAh.png
ikTPgzn.png
rsCzY87.png
WtQy0hm.png
She was expected at the ranch to pick up some milk- but she wasn't planning to stop with that, most likely. Normally, Hiruka didn't take on that many errands that sent her to Olivine city- in fact, her father preferred it often that she didn't go any farther from Azalea than she had to, due to her history of trouble. But when the town's Pokemon Center ran out of the milk they needed and there was no one with time to pick it up, Hiruka was the first to take the job. And so, for the first time, she was sitting at a counter in a farmhouse.

"I'm here for the order from Azalea. If it's okay, I'd love to say hello to the Miltank too." She didn't have much of one, but her head tinged ever so slightly. "I think one of them is having a stomachache, so I'd like to give it some pecha berries to help it feel better before I go."
She was expected at the ranch to pick up some milk- but she wasn't planning to stop with that, most likely. Normally, Hiruka didn't take on that many errands that sent her to Olivine city- in fact, her father preferred it often that she didn't go any farther from Azalea than she had to, due to her history of trouble. But when the town's Pokemon Center ran out of the milk they needed and there was no one with time to pick it up, Hiruka was the first to take the job. And so, for the first time, she was sitting at a counter in a farmhouse.

"I'm here for the order from Azalea. If it's okay, I'd love to say hello to the Miltank too." She didn't have much of one, but her head tinged ever so slightly. "I think one of them is having a stomachache, so I'd like to give it some pecha berries to help it feel better before I go."

8CURx0g.png
MLe0ASO.jpg
@Juneberry
((I AM ALIVE!!! (Sorry, work got crazy, should calm down for the rest of the week now.)))

Sandy nudged the door open with her butt and not-quite-carefully set the milk jug down on a table, and managed to just barely edge her mother out of the way to answer the door which had jingled just as she walked in the back. Sandy flashed her mom a big, toothy grin and leaned up against the counter with interest, pretending she wasn't slightly out of breath.

"How can I help ya?" Sandy asked, and when the girl explained, she nodded knowingly. "Yeah, that's probably Millicent, she's a little rascal, we think she keeps getting into something she's not supposed to but we ain't sure what." Behind her, her mother's eyes narrowed slightly, eyebrows scrunched with a question. Sandy continued undeterred, eyes shining. "I can show ya around if ya want, but let's find your order first. Azalea, right?" She smiled and walked into the back, muttering to herself. "Let's see... Azalea, Azalea..."

Sandy's mother, still looking curiously at Hiruka, piped up while Sandy was busy in the back room. "Does your family have a Miltank?" she asked, casually.
@Juneberry
((I AM ALIVE!!! (Sorry, work got crazy, should calm down for the rest of the week now.)))

Sandy nudged the door open with her butt and not-quite-carefully set the milk jug down on a table, and managed to just barely edge her mother out of the way to answer the door which had jingled just as she walked in the back. Sandy flashed her mom a big, toothy grin and leaned up against the counter with interest, pretending she wasn't slightly out of breath.

"How can I help ya?" Sandy asked, and when the girl explained, she nodded knowingly. "Yeah, that's probably Millicent, she's a little rascal, we think she keeps getting into something she's not supposed to but we ain't sure what." Behind her, her mother's eyes narrowed slightly, eyebrows scrunched with a question. Sandy continued undeterred, eyes shining. "I can show ya around if ya want, but let's find your order first. Azalea, right?" She smiled and walked into the back, muttering to herself. "Let's see... Azalea, Azalea..."

Sandy's mother, still looking curiously at Hiruka, piped up while Sandy was busy in the back room. "Does your family have a Miltank?" she asked, casually.
eq6zQ9M.png
eswSnrS.png
nupGNag.png
40kx151.png
Kyle BMbHYAh.png
ikTPgzn.png
rsCzY87.png
WtQy0hm.png
@chronoimp ((Well, glad to hear you're alive! Ironically, I was super busy all day yesterday and couldn't come on xD))

Hiruka jumped a bit when someone was opening the door trying to get through- but she got in quickly without a moment for Hiruka to ask to help. A nervous laugh later, she noticed she was dealing with the mother- who was clearly not so keen on the question comparatively.

"Um, no, we're a bug type gym, but...I do have experience with Whitney's Miltank. I've been going to the department store in Goldenrod for years and I always go to the gym to say hello, so...I-I guess that might be why I picked up on it?" No, that wasn't why she picked up on it- and she knew that well. "My dad says I just have a knack for understanding how Pokemon are feeling, though." Well, at least she'd be a little honest...

She winced slightly- her head was still tinged in a way that didn't sit well with her. "I just picked some pecha berries, so I thought maybe it'd help. Though I can't seem to find any berries that'll help my headache...Yet. Some milk'll be a fine aid though. Your milk is the best!"
@chronoimp ((Well, glad to hear you're alive! Ironically, I was super busy all day yesterday and couldn't come on xD))

Hiruka jumped a bit when someone was opening the door trying to get through- but she got in quickly without a moment for Hiruka to ask to help. A nervous laugh later, she noticed she was dealing with the mother- who was clearly not so keen on the question comparatively.

"Um, no, we're a bug type gym, but...I do have experience with Whitney's Miltank. I've been going to the department store in Goldenrod for years and I always go to the gym to say hello, so...I-I guess that might be why I picked up on it?" No, that wasn't why she picked up on it- and she knew that well. "My dad says I just have a knack for understanding how Pokemon are feeling, though." Well, at least she'd be a little honest...

She winced slightly- her head was still tinged in a way that didn't sit well with her. "I just picked some pecha berries, so I thought maybe it'd help. Though I can't seem to find any berries that'll help my headache...Yet. Some milk'll be a fine aid though. Your milk is the best!"

8CURx0g.png
MLe0ASO.jpg
@Juneberry
The mother's face softened almost instantly at the mention of a headache, and she clucked sympathetically. "Try it in a nice cup of warm tea, that should do the trick. Now you came all the way from Azalea with your head hurting like that?"

Sandy came back out from the back room with a crate full of glass milk jugs, the order hand-written on the side. Smiling, she set it down on the low part of the front counter and turned to Hiruka.

Before she could say anything, her mother cut in "Sandy, this girl wanted to see the Miltanks. I'll keep the milk here, why don't you show her around the farm?" It wasn't really a question, but Sandy didn't need to be asked twice. She hopped over the counter and bounced over next to Hiruka.

"Sounds great, mom! I'm Sandy, by the way, what's your name?"
@Juneberry
The mother's face softened almost instantly at the mention of a headache, and she clucked sympathetically. "Try it in a nice cup of warm tea, that should do the trick. Now you came all the way from Azalea with your head hurting like that?"

Sandy came back out from the back room with a crate full of glass milk jugs, the order hand-written on the side. Smiling, she set it down on the low part of the front counter and turned to Hiruka.

Before she could say anything, her mother cut in "Sandy, this girl wanted to see the Miltanks. I'll keep the milk here, why don't you show her around the farm?" It wasn't really a question, but Sandy didn't need to be asked twice. She hopped over the counter and bounced over next to Hiruka.

"Sounds great, mom! I'm Sandy, by the way, what's your name?"
eq6zQ9M.png
eswSnrS.png
nupGNag.png
40kx151.png
Kyle BMbHYAh.png
ikTPgzn.png
rsCzY87.png
WtQy0hm.png
@chronoimp
"What kind of berries in tea do you recommend?" In reality, Hiruka was certain it wouldn't help her- she'd recover when the Miltank did, she was sure. However, considering how clumsy her 'father' was, it wouldn't hurt to have another medicinal method in her pocket- even if normally, an antidote was all that fellow needed.

She smiled a bit more easily, watching Sandy's energetic movements and looking to the woman that offered her a method of pain relief. "It didn't hurt earlier today, but I've been on the road for a long time to get here. I got lost on the way."

Sandy's endearing energy made her mild smile brighten. "My name's Hiruka. Is it really no trouble for you to show me around, Sandy? I've never actually been to a farm before. Lots of forest experience though. My house might as well be counted as one."
@chronoimp
"What kind of berries in tea do you recommend?" In reality, Hiruka was certain it wouldn't help her- she'd recover when the Miltank did, she was sure. However, considering how clumsy her 'father' was, it wouldn't hurt to have another medicinal method in her pocket- even if normally, an antidote was all that fellow needed.

She smiled a bit more easily, watching Sandy's energetic movements and looking to the woman that offered her a method of pain relief. "It didn't hurt earlier today, but I've been on the road for a long time to get here. I got lost on the way."

Sandy's endearing energy made her mild smile brighten. "My name's Hiruka. Is it really no trouble for you to show me around, Sandy? I've never actually been to a farm before. Lots of forest experience though. My house might as well be counted as one."

8CURx0g.png
MLe0ASO.jpg
@Juneberry
((Whoops, somehow missed your ping the first time))
Sandy's mother rolled her eyes as her daughter slid over the counter, but her smile didn't falter. She was obviously a woman who was used to this sort of thing. "For headaches? Persim berries. Lum berries are also good, but a bit harder to get a hold of."

When Hiruka said she'd never been on a farm, Sandy's eyes only lit up brighter, and her eyebrows raised in surprise. "Really? Never been on a farm? Well, lucky for you, I am a highly-qualified tour-guide. Well, here, at least, growing up here and all. I've never really been anywhere else for too long." There was the briefest of moments where Sandy paused and her mother's eyebrows furrowed together into the tiniest frown, but then Sandy grabbed Hiruka's hand and was leading her through the door, talking fast and filling up the silence again. "You really live in the forest? Wow, what's that like?"
@Juneberry
((Whoops, somehow missed your ping the first time))
Sandy's mother rolled her eyes as her daughter slid over the counter, but her smile didn't falter. She was obviously a woman who was used to this sort of thing. "For headaches? Persim berries. Lum berries are also good, but a bit harder to get a hold of."

When Hiruka said she'd never been on a farm, Sandy's eyes only lit up brighter, and her eyebrows raised in surprise. "Really? Never been on a farm? Well, lucky for you, I am a highly-qualified tour-guide. Well, here, at least, growing up here and all. I've never really been anywhere else for too long." There was the briefest of moments where Sandy paused and her mother's eyebrows furrowed together into the tiniest frown, but then Sandy grabbed Hiruka's hand and was leading her through the door, talking fast and filling up the silence again. "You really live in the forest? Wow, what's that like?"
eq6zQ9M.png
eswSnrS.png
nupGNag.png
40kx151.png
Kyle BMbHYAh.png
ikTPgzn.png
rsCzY87.png
WtQy0hm.png
@chronoimp (It's fine xD It happens.)

"I've never had persim berries before, but I've heard they're sweet- like pecha berries. So...I'd probably enjoy them as medicine as well as the effects on my headaches if they work! Do you know where they grow, by any chance?"

She smiled to the woman, and then again to Sandy, whose excitement was almost overwhelming- but she tried to hide it heavily, keeping the smile on her face, hiding any shivers she wanted to let out. Though she was friendly, she wasn't fond of strangers so quickly- but this girl, so far, seemed far too pleasant to be afraid of. Though she was a bit energetic even for Hiruka, it was probably the saving grace for her anxiety in the end.

"It's not that I really live in the woods, but...Azalea Town is right between a giant cave and the Ilex forest...And my dad's a pro with bug types, so we have a ton of trees growing in our house for the bugs to play on and stuff. Though, I do treat the forest next door to town as my playground sometimes. I've been playing there since I was a kid- mostly to play with the Pokemon in it."

She did go there often- both to give her thanks to the guardian of the forest, the mythical Celebi, and also to see how the Pokemon were doing in the wild. "But living on a farm seems nice too. It's quiet, and there's a lot of open air, so you can see the sun more easily than in a place crowded with trees. Though I do rather love my trees."
@chronoimp (It's fine xD It happens.)

"I've never had persim berries before, but I've heard they're sweet- like pecha berries. So...I'd probably enjoy them as medicine as well as the effects on my headaches if they work! Do you know where they grow, by any chance?"

She smiled to the woman, and then again to Sandy, whose excitement was almost overwhelming- but she tried to hide it heavily, keeping the smile on her face, hiding any shivers she wanted to let out. Though she was friendly, she wasn't fond of strangers so quickly- but this girl, so far, seemed far too pleasant to be afraid of. Though she was a bit energetic even for Hiruka, it was probably the saving grace for her anxiety in the end.

"It's not that I really live in the woods, but...Azalea Town is right between a giant cave and the Ilex forest...And my dad's a pro with bug types, so we have a ton of trees growing in our house for the bugs to play on and stuff. Though, I do treat the forest next door to town as my playground sometimes. I've been playing there since I was a kid- mostly to play with the Pokemon in it."

She did go there often- both to give her thanks to the guardian of the forest, the mythical Celebi, and also to see how the Pokemon were doing in the wild. "But living on a farm seems nice too. It's quiet, and there's a lot of open air, so you can see the sun more easily than in a place crowded with trees. Though I do rather love my trees."

8CURx0g.png
MLe0ASO.jpg