Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Yoga????
I'm coming to a new chapter in my life and I wish to make it clearer than the previous. So besides eating cleaner and expanding my mind I really want to start yoga. Problems are I have no clue how to start. Does anyone have any suggestions for beginners? I have quite a self destructive personality and no sense of self control, so any tips would help.
I'm coming to a new chapter in my life and I wish to make it clearer than the previous. So besides eating cleaner and expanding my mind I really want to start yoga. Problems are I have no clue how to start. Does anyone have any suggestions for beginners? I have quite a self destructive personality and no sense of self control, so any tips would help.
tumblr_ns7f0edCfD1rmv1s6o4_400.gifisjE8eL.gif
@Rollingfog

I started off with Yoga with Adriene! She's a really great YouTube yoga teacher/guide/person. And she updates regularly. It can be difficult sometimes though because it hurts my neck to constantly have to look up at my TV when I try to do some of her videos, but once you find one you like a lot (mines the 20 minute digestive one) you basically know how to do all the moves.

But welcome to yoga!
@Rollingfog

I started off with Yoga with Adriene! She's a really great YouTube yoga teacher/guide/person. And she updates regularly. It can be difficult sometimes though because it hurts my neck to constantly have to look up at my TV when I try to do some of her videos, but once you find one you like a lot (mines the 20 minute digestive one) you basically know how to do all the moves.

But welcome to yoga!
xWoPUjI.png
@DigDog Thanks for the advice. I'm starting my day 2 of yoga with Adriene, and even though my body aches I can't wait. :0)
@DigDog Thanks for the advice. I'm starting my day 2 of yoga with Adriene, and even though my body aches I can't wait. :0)
@Rollingfog I started doing yoga a couple days ago on WiiFit! Downsides of course that it's expensive and entirely self-regulated... there's of course no incentives to continue in-game. (Except not to waste the money I guess? I wouldn't know about that because we got our copy as a "hand-me-down" from a family friend. But I really wish you luck! If you want to PM me every couple of days or whatever, we can share our yoga experiences and maybe that would help both of us to be more motivated. :)
@Rollingfog I started doing yoga a couple days ago on WiiFit! Downsides of course that it's expensive and entirely self-regulated... there's of course no incentives to continue in-game. (Except not to waste the money I guess? I wouldn't know about that because we got our copy as a "hand-me-down" from a family friend. But I really wish you luck! If you want to PM me every couple of days or whatever, we can share our yoga experiences and maybe that would help both of us to be more motivated. :)
vvTo3kO.png

syJrt1N.gif
Before yoga, short meditations are calming, and Spotify has wonderful sound playlists to play in the background. :)
@Rollingfog
Before yoga, short meditations are calming, and Spotify has wonderful sound playlists to play in the background. :)
@Rollingfog
YDYolOP.png
@Rollingfog
Oh yoga is great I dont have advice but it really helped me get from my sickness when doctors couldn't help! Now I'm a prof dancer and thanks to yoga! It really makes you feel better and healthier, you feel rested after it!
@Rollingfog
Oh yoga is great I dont have advice but it really helped me get from my sickness when doctors couldn't help! Now I'm a prof dancer and thanks to yoga! It really makes you feel better and healthier, you feel rested after it!
@Peak I used to be really into meditation but I never really found one that suited me. I think i'll start it back up again. What kind of meditation do you do?

@Neverland Thanks for your story. I'm hoping it will help with my anxiety. Your story is quite inspirational. :0)

@Coldblooded I just PMed you.
@Peak I used to be really into meditation but I never really found one that suited me. I think i'll start it back up again. What kind of meditation do you do?

@Neverland Thanks for your story. I'm hoping it will help with my anxiety. Your story is quite inspirational. :0)

@Coldblooded I just PMed you.