Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Berenstain/Berenstein effect
1 2 3 4 5
The whole Berenstain thing is mostly because kids can't read cursive, I think. I noticed it said Berenstain as a kid, probably around 2003, but decided the a must have been a very weird looking cursive e. [quote=@Shadria]The North Pole is sea ice? I think it was a large landmass that was walked on, just look up Prince Harry and the Walking with the Wounded on Google Images-it shows them on the snow and ice! (even my dad remembers this, and he's not one for believing in the Effect. He was completely shocked!)[/quote] The North Pole is ice, but it's very thick ice covered in snow so most pictures of it look just like snowy land.
The whole Berenstain thing is mostly because kids can't read cursive, I think.
I noticed it said Berenstain as a kid, probably around 2003, but decided the a must have been a very weird looking cursive e.
@Shadria wrote:
The North Pole is sea ice? I think it was a large landmass that was walked on, just look up Prince Harry and the Walking with the Wounded on Google Images-it shows them on the snow and ice! (even my dad remembers this, and he's not one for believing in the Effect. He was completely shocked!)

The North Pole is ice, but it's very thick ice covered in snow so most pictures of it look just like snowy land.
[quote name="Sabyk" date=2016-05-29 17:24:28] The whole Berenstain thing is mostly because kids can't read cursive, I think. I noticed it said Berenstain as a kid, probably around 2003, but decided the a must have been a very weird looking cursive e. [quote=@Shadria]The North Pole is sea ice? I think it was a large landmass that was walked on, just look up Prince Harry and the Walking with the Wounded on Google Images-it shows them on the snow and ice! (even my dad remembers this, and he's not one for believing in the Effect. He was completely shocked!)[/quote] The North Pole is ice, but it's very thick ice covered in snow so most pictures of it look just like snowy land. [/quote] [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d9/db/01/d9db013fea7bc9aebfb28fffbbedaa5a.jpg[/img] There isn't any land mass there!
Sabyk wrote on 2016-05-29:
The whole Berenstain thing is mostly because kids can't read cursive, I think.
I noticed it said Berenstain as a kid, probably around 2003, but decided the a must have been a very weird looking cursive e.
@Shadria wrote:
The North Pole is sea ice? I think it was a large landmass that was walked on, just look up Prince Harry and the Walking with the Wounded on Google Images-it shows them on the snow and ice! (even my dad remembers this, and he's not one for believing in the Effect. He was completely shocked!)

The North Pole is ice, but it's very thick ice covered in snow so most pictures of it look just like snowy land.
d9db013fea7bc9aebfb28fffbbedaa5a.jpg
There isn't any land mass there!
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
@Shadria floating ice =/= land. No wonder why it's not pictured. It's frozen water.
@Shadria floating ice =/= land. No wonder why it's not pictured. It's frozen water.
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
I remember berenstain, my sisters say it's actally with an E and is pronounced differently. :V Also apparently people remember the theme song differently too; I remember the singer sounding feminine, but other people say its a masculine voice?
I remember berenstain, my sisters say it's actally with an E and is pronounced differently. :V Also apparently people remember the theme song differently too; I remember the singer sounding feminine, but other people say its a masculine voice?
GcvFcr8h_o.gif
[quote name="JosephJoestar" date=2016-05-29 18:04:33] I remember berenstain, my sisters say it's actally with an E and is pronounced differently. :V Also apparently people remember the theme song differently too; I remember the singer sounding feminine, but other people say its a masculine voice? [/quote] @JosephJoestar dunno about anyone else but i'm highly positive the singer of the theme song had a feminine voice, from what i can remember, but there were also backup singers that had masculine voices :P one thing i'm highly positive about as well is that this whole thing is FREAKING ME OUT
JosephJoestar wrote on 2016-05-29:

@JosephJoestar

dunno about anyone else but i'm highly positive the singer of the theme song had a feminine voice, from what i can remember, but there were also backup singers that had masculine voices :P
one thing i'm highly positive about as well is that this whole thing is FREAKING ME OUT
tumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.png my name's flynn, he/him or they/them.

B6ve782.gif
For some reason i vividly remember a live action version of 8 Crazy Nights, the Haunnakah Adam Sandler animated movie? Like I remember it in such perfect detail but it just never happened. I'd always thought it was a legit thing until one day me and my friends were talking about Adam Sandler movies. I was like "Yeah i thought 8 Crazy Nights was funny but i didnt care for the live action version" And they told me it didnt exist and i was just like ??? No? What?

Also in the Bernstein camp.

I also completely imagined a pet rabbit, apparently? We had one when i was a kid named Bugsy, But after he passed I remember getting Bugsy Jr., we had him for quite a while, but my mom insists that never happened and we got rid of all the rabbit items as soon as Bugsy died????

It's weird.
For some reason i vividly remember a live action version of 8 Crazy Nights, the Haunnakah Adam Sandler animated movie? Like I remember it in such perfect detail but it just never happened. I'd always thought it was a legit thing until one day me and my friends were talking about Adam Sandler movies. I was like "Yeah i thought 8 Crazy Nights was funny but i didnt care for the live action version" And they told me it didnt exist and i was just like ??? No? What?

Also in the Bernstein camp.

I also completely imagined a pet rabbit, apparently? We had one when i was a kid named Bugsy, But after he passed I remember getting Bugsy Jr., we had him for quite a while, but my mom insists that never happened and we got rid of all the rabbit items as soon as Bugsy died????

It's weird.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
..I just checked my sink again..and the hot's on the left, cold on the right..
:c could have sworn it was the other way around

..I just checked my sink again..and the hot's on the left, cold on the right..
:c could have sworn it was the other way around

Im team Bernstein I always remember watching this as a little child.

Please stop messing with our universe time travelers thx.
Im team Bernstein I always remember watching this as a little child.

Please stop messing with our universe time travelers thx.
Woah woah WOAH. Fruit Loops are actually Froot Loops?? I had some a few weeks ago and could swear it said "Fruit"! What the actual heck. O.o And also a strong supporter of Berenstien not Berenstain. Though this could be because the singer of the themesong put an E sound at the end of the name... still remember it speller with an E, not an A. I also have this distinct memory of leaving a library book in a specific place at my school. It wasn't there. I do do this kind of thing a lot where I don't comitt where I put things to memory and have to spend ten minutes looking for something everywhere but where I put it; however the book isn't at my house, either, and no one's found it at school even though everyone's started cleaning things up for the end of the year. So where'd it go, and why isn't it where I thought I put it? I'll be honest, if this had happened at home, I would have attributed it to some sort of playful spirit. I've always known chartruse to be a yellow-green color, not a red; this is a popular Mandela Effect. It came up when FR revealed Chartruse as a new color and everyone was like "O.o why's it GREEN??" I'm looking for other explainations to these memories but I'm not ruling out the possibility that these memories come from alternate universes (that's the explaination I read last time I looked this up). Interesting theory nonetheless. [quote name="Lesley" date=2016-05-29 12:47:31] @ Shadria The sink thing bugs the heck out of me and I feel like there must be some reason for it because I have muscle memory that still tells me that hot water should be on the right and cold on the left. I turn on the wrong tap quite often because of it.[/quote] @Lesley @Shadria Not dismissing this as a Mandela Effect, but did you two ever have a sink where the taps were backwards? Because I legit had a shower with weird plumbing with the hot tap on the right and the cold tap on the left. The taps themselves were in the right place but they didn't control what they were supposed to. It was really disorenting. If that's the case maybe you got used to the messed up sink and that's why regular sinks confuse you?
Woah woah WOAH. Fruit Loops are actually Froot Loops?? I had some a few weeks ago and could swear it said "Fruit"! What the actual heck. O.o

And also a strong supporter of Berenstien not Berenstain. Though this could be because the singer of the themesong put an E sound at the end of the name... still remember it speller with an E, not an A.

I also have this distinct memory of leaving a library book in a specific place at my school. It wasn't there. I do do this kind of thing a lot where I don't comitt where I put things to memory and have to spend ten minutes looking for something everywhere but where I put it; however the book isn't at my house, either, and no one's found it at school even though everyone's started cleaning things up for the end of the year. So where'd it go, and why isn't it where I thought I put it? I'll be honest, if this had happened at home, I would have attributed it to some sort of playful spirit.

I've always known chartruse to be a yellow-green color, not a red; this is a popular Mandela Effect. It came up when FR revealed Chartruse as a new color and everyone was like "O.o why's it GREEN??"

I'm looking for other explainations to these memories but I'm not ruling out the possibility that these memories come from alternate universes (that's the explaination I read last time I looked this up). Interesting theory nonetheless.
Lesley wrote on 2016-05-29:
@ Shadria

The sink thing bugs the heck out of me and I feel like there must be some reason for it because I have muscle memory that still tells me that hot water should be on the right and cold on the left. I turn on the wrong tap quite often because of it.

@Lesley @Shadria

Not dismissing this as a Mandela Effect, but did you two ever have a sink where the taps were backwards? Because I legit had a shower with weird plumbing with the hot tap on the right and the cold tap on the left. The taps themselves were in the right place but they didn't control what they were supposed to. It was really disorenting. If that's the case maybe you got used to the messed up sink and that's why regular sinks confuse you?
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
@Hawktalon
Well..I just discovered my sink is 'normal', but I guess the house I lived in before was all kinds of messed up cause I remember it being cold left and hot right..
@Hawktalon
Well..I just discovered my sink is 'normal', but I guess the house I lived in before was all kinds of messed up cause I remember it being cold left and hot right..
1 2 3 4 5