Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Randomizing option in nesting grounds?
1 2
A feature I've come to want in the nesting grounds is a "shuffling option" when starting a new nest. That instead of only being able to pick out two dragons to breed, one could just randomize two parents. Because sometimes you don't always want to breed for the perfect hatchling :'3 at least I don't XD
A feature I've come to want in the nesting grounds is a "shuffling option" when starting a new nest. That instead of only being able to pick out two dragons to breed, one could just randomize two parents. Because sometimes you don't always want to breed for the perfect hatchling :'3 at least I don't XD
Truthfully, I don't really see a need for this. This could easily be achieved by simply closing your eyes and picking or using a number generator site like they do in raffles.

While it would be interesting, I think one of the main problems is that some people, like me, have pairs where they do not want those to breed with any other dragon, but for the rest of the dragons? I breed them on a whim so it doesn't matter. So it would need a way to exclude certain dragons.
Truthfully, I don't really see a need for this. This could easily be achieved by simply closing your eyes and picking or using a number generator site like they do in raffles.

While it would be interesting, I think one of the main problems is that some people, like me, have pairs where they do not want those to breed with any other dragon, but for the rest of the dragons? I breed them on a whim so it doesn't matter. So it would need a way to exclude certain dragons.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I think it'd be fun as an optional "I'm feeling lucky" kind of deal. I don't know if most players would use it, though, but I don't see a downside to having it for our more adventurous players!

For the matter of maybe there being one specific dragon someone might never want to breed - I support nesting ground sorting, the option to configure and organize dragons into piles, specific "go-to" pairs, or "no-breed" lists. It wouldn't affect the dragon itself, just what you choose to have appear on your own drop-down lists. When you have lots of breeding-ready dragons, a sorting option would be nice, and anyway, if we had a random breeding option, it could exempt any dragons in your "no-breed" list.

But yeah. Not necessary, but no harm in it either, and I agree it could be fun.
I think it'd be fun as an optional "I'm feeling lucky" kind of deal. I don't know if most players would use it, though, but I don't see a downside to having it for our more adventurous players!

For the matter of maybe there being one specific dragon someone might never want to breed - I support nesting ground sorting, the option to configure and organize dragons into piles, specific "go-to" pairs, or "no-breed" lists. It wouldn't affect the dragon itself, just what you choose to have appear on your own drop-down lists. When you have lots of breeding-ready dragons, a sorting option would be nice, and anyway, if we had a random breeding option, it could exempt any dragons in your "no-breed" list.

But yeah. Not necessary, but no harm in it either, and I agree it could be fun.
It could also be a randomize button, rather than auto breeding after clicking randomize, it selects two and then you can preview and decide, or just click breed. :) I would really like this, because tbh, I mostly breed fodder, and I would love to see some interesting pairings.
It could also be a randomize button, rather than auto breeding after clicking randomize, it selects two and then you can preview and decide, or just click breed. :) I would really like this, because tbh, I mostly breed fodder, and I would love to see some interesting pairings.
cPW6H3E.png
If I could set it where certain dragons are to never breed (I have a memorial dragon and some g1s I'm trying to sell) then I'd be ok with it.
If I could set it where certain dragons are to never breed (I have a memorial dragon and some g1s I'm trying to sell) then I'd be ok with it.
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
Only if there is at least the normal confirmation screen - imagine hitting the button and breeding two dragons that were never meant to be breed (together).

Otherwise I don't really think this is needed to be coded in.. You can allready do it. If you have lots of unnameds you allready kind of do this unwillingly ;)

But I'm not fully against it.
Only if there is at least the normal confirmation screen - imagine hitting the button and breeding two dragons that were never meant to be breed (together).

Otherwise I don't really think this is needed to be coded in.. You can allready do it. If you have lots of unnameds you allready kind of do this unwillingly ;)

But I'm not fully against it.
I don't know where like everybody got the idea that I meant that it should be auto-accept on this randomizer-idea O_o but I'm glad I'm not completely alone with being on to this thought :'D everybody seems to have about the same idea about it XD

My thought was that there should be a randomizer-button, pretty much like when you're naming a dragon. You press the button if you don't feel like picking out two dragons to breed yourself. If you're happy with what comes up, you press confirm breedingpair. If not, you randomize on, or open up the roll-lists with the dragons and pick out one or both if you change your mind mid-randomizing against randomizing :'3

Of course one can randomize the breeding-pairs manually with a number generator. That's what I currently do personally. But when you have 100 dragons, that is quite the pain actually. That's why I've started to wish for a feature like this :'3
I don't know where like everybody got the idea that I meant that it should be auto-accept on this randomizer-idea O_o but I'm glad I'm not completely alone with being on to this thought :'D everybody seems to have about the same idea about it XD

My thought was that there should be a randomizer-button, pretty much like when you're naming a dragon. You press the button if you don't feel like picking out two dragons to breed yourself. If you're happy with what comes up, you press confirm breedingpair. If not, you randomize on, or open up the roll-lists with the dragons and pick out one or both if you change your mind mid-randomizing against randomizing :'3

Of course one can randomize the breeding-pairs manually with a number generator. That's what I currently do personally. But when you have 100 dragons, that is quite the pain actually. That's why I've started to wish for a feature like this :'3
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2016-05-28 08:47:57] Truthfully, I don't really see a need for this. This could easily be achieved by simply closing your eyes and picking or using a number generator site like they do in raffles. [/quote] Same
Jemadar wrote on 2016-05-28:

Same
SNeDVzM.gif
I would have nightmares about accidentally doing this
I would have nightmares about accidentally doing this
As long as you can see the parents before confirming, I don't see why not
As long as you can see the parents before confirming, I don't see why not
1 2