Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47 48
[quote name="Peixes" date=2016-05-20 11:09:00] Take care @Loddie, and congrats to @ACWN, @ademus, @ArkhamAnja, @Ezraylia, and @Madarakita (whose names I shamelessly copypasted, LOOK There's a lot of you alright!) [/quote] @Peixes, 14 in total! @FallenAngel, my apologies for that. 'Twas a misping!
Peixes wrote on 2016-05-20:
Take care @Loddie, and congrats to @ACWN, @ademus, @ArkhamAnja, @Ezraylia, and @Madarakita (whose names I shamelessly copypasted, LOOK There's a lot of you alright!)

@Peixes, 14 in total!

@FallenAngel, my apologies for that. 'Twas a misping!
THANK YOU for addressing the "don't exalt my dragon after you buy it" issue. It had really gotten out of hand.
THANK YOU for addressing the "don't exalt my dragon after you buy it" issue. It had really gotten out of hand.
image.gif
FR+3
I used to be Naaru
wishlist
@Aequorin
What will the harassment rule mean for people who Private Message other users to warn them about people asking for dragons - to avoid posting callouts and drawing attention to themselves?
I have run into this issue a couple of times, I've exalted dragons and gone to threads later on to ask for one only to have the user who I contacted PM me and inform me that they were PM'd by other users to not give me the dragon. I would have no record of who told that user, so I couldn't even think about contacting the staff about harassment for that.
@Aequorin
What will the harassment rule mean for people who Private Message other users to warn them about people asking for dragons - to avoid posting callouts and drawing attention to themselves?
I have run into this issue a couple of times, I've exalted dragons and gone to threads later on to ask for one only to have the user who I contacted PM me and inform me that they were PM'd by other users to not give me the dragon. I would have no record of who told that user, so I couldn't even think about contacting the staff about harassment for that.
iuEBSJ3.png
ePOliyb.png
QRVupBA.png
tyEuRXe.png
qhK4FYS.png
bhdEs05.png
F9iBaUy.png
n17QGji.png
SEIqIGe.png
0XHtpWy.png
Da1cz0f.png
loimysO.png
5hF3FGk.png
tumblr_nqo22kSqCF1u0dnj7o2_250.png
Bless the staff for addressing that problem, kudos to y'all and good luck to the new moderators~ o/
Bless the staff for addressing that problem, kudos to y'all and good luck to the new moderators~ o/
zu98AYW.gif
pYG2o2D.pngROOkhjW.pngqzuygoC.png
PxWaFa4.pngPqkCsO6.png
@BatzyBoo, if a player feels they are being targeted or harassed, they will need to send a report to our Customer Support team through Contact Us.
@BatzyBoo, if a player feels they are being targeted or harassed, they will need to send a report to our Customer Support team through Contact Us.
[quote name="squidragon" date=2016-05-20 11:10:50] @Yun I name all my hatchlings and prefer buying named dragons. I've never had trouble with sales, and I've bought nearly 100 dragons in the last 2-3 months, most of which had names, most of which were 40-100kt. As you can see, I've bought a LOT of expensive dragons. I feel they have more personality and heart to them if they come prenamed. If I don't like the name, I can just buy a renaming scroll. The 6kt the scroll costs is nothing to me compared to the cost of the dragon, the genes and apparel I might put on it, and the time I'll spend doting on it. I know the poll is a bit older now, but every time it comes up, the far majority of players simply don't care about the name if they want the dragon for keeps. Turns out how I feel about names is more along line with the majority. [/quote] This still doesn't change my issue with pretty much all the onus being put on the seller and the exalter not even being expected the courtesy of pressing a button (and if people don't care about dragons being named that just makes the stubborn refusal to randomly generate a name to not upset a person even more confusing and suspect to me tbh). Exalting being a thing the site actually needs to do to keep running and not overloading the servers does make me wonder if they are catered to more (and I say this as someone who exalts a lot of my own dragons and has no issue with my own being exalted with names) That poll is interesting, though I wonder if the year long gap and new players have changed opinions leading to my AH experience. I guess I'll run some experiments of my own.
squidragon wrote on 2016-05-20:
@Yun I name all my hatchlings and prefer buying named dragons. I've never had trouble with sales, and I've bought nearly 100 dragons in the last 2-3 months, most of which had names, most of which were 40-100kt.

As you can see, I've bought a LOT of expensive dragons. I feel they have more personality and heart to them if they come prenamed. If I don't like the name, I can just buy a renaming scroll. The 6kt the scroll costs is nothing to me compared to the cost of the dragon, the genes and apparel I might put on it, and the time I'll spend doting on it.

I know the poll is a bit older now, but every time it comes up, the far majority of players simply don't care about the name if they want the dragon for keeps. Turns out how I feel about names is more along line with the majority.

This still doesn't change my issue with pretty much all the onus being put on the seller and the exalter not even being expected the courtesy of pressing a button (and if people don't care about dragons being named that just makes the stubborn refusal to randomly generate a name to not upset a person even more confusing and suspect to me tbh). Exalting being a thing the site actually needs to do to keep running and not overloading the servers does make me wonder if they are catered to more (and I say this as someone who exalts a lot of my own dragons and has no issue with my own being exalted with names)

That poll is interesting, though I wonder if the year long gap and new players have changed opinions leading to my AH experience. I guess I'll run some experiments of my own.
OMG LOOK. LOOL THERE. I GOT FEATURED. I'M DYING.
OMG LOOK. LOOL THERE. I GOT FEATURED. I'M DYING.
@Aequorin [quote]The Solution: In order for us to investigate the possibility of targeted harassment we need to address the other part of the issue. As of Friday, May 27, 2016, any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment. We are giving players with any existing threads, posts or profiles of this nature a chance to make the necessary changes.[/quote] Will the date on the thread be taken into account when you start looking into "demands"? For instance, I'll make changes to the current threads I keep tabs on to follow the new guidelines, but I have older ones floating around that are no longer in use that are impossible to find and change. Or that I just have around for the sake of looking back on them. Also, will the player be notified before it's removed? Like if I go through and edit threads, and I miss something by accident, will it get deleted on sight or will I be PM'd / pinged to fix it first? Thanks for listening!
@Aequorin
Quote:
The Solution: In order for us to investigate the possibility of targeted harassment we need to address the other part of the issue. As of Friday, May 27, 2016, any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment. We are giving players with any existing threads, posts or profiles of this nature a chance to make the necessary changes.

Will the date on the thread be taken into account when you start looking into "demands"?

For instance, I'll make changes to the current threads I keep tabs on to follow the new guidelines, but I have older ones floating around that are no longer in use that are impossible to find and change. Or that I just have around for the sake of looking back on them.

Also, will the player be notified before it's removed? Like if I go through and edit threads, and I miss something by accident, will it get deleted on sight or will I be PM'd / pinged to fix it first?

Thanks for listening!
8PTNkBq.png
@Hanelli
OH MY G O D.

It was great. <3
@Hanelli
OH MY G O D.

It was great. <3
tumblr_static_hnjsmhjjgq8skwockw48k088.pngtumblr_inline_o4y4kuKYPS1ri5cm2_500.giftumblr_inline_oervoxK5om1u1vsxl_500.png
@Yun

The naming problem has one more issue though, what about people who just don't name their dragons ever and if they stop playing? Requiring exalting to have a name doesn't solve that. Would you propose their be a time limit for naming dragons too?

If unnamed is an issue for you all you can do is name them while they're yours to solve it, once they leave you the other player can do as they please with them and that includes not naming. And if they breed it that means you aren't the only one who has to see that because for lore they might want a dragon with unnamed parents.

@Yun

The naming problem has one more issue though, what about people who just don't name their dragons ever and if they stop playing? Requiring exalting to have a name doesn't solve that. Would you propose their be a time limit for naming dragons too?

If unnamed is an issue for you all you can do is name them while they're yours to solve it, once they leave you the other player can do as they please with them and that includes not naming. And if they breed it that means you aren't the only one who has to see that because for lore they might want a dragon with unnamed parents.

1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47 48