Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Art Pricing Guide 2016
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thank you! We've got a new registration window coming up so I hope I don't see a repeat of them pricing too low...xD
Thank you! We've got a new registration window coming up so I hope I don't see a repeat of them pricing too low...xD
OjayHBU.png
@DemiFiend

Hi! Im looking to start an adoptable shop, ive read your guide and yeah i completely agree that i have been unfair to my prices (in deviantart for example: i charged 5 bucks for a full colored bust....). I really need help in figuring out prices for an adoptable shop idea i had, also i dont know if its a good idea but if the adoptable shop its well enough in terms of popularity i wanted to open my own fixed price art shop as well. I dont want to rant on about my ideas so maybe we could pm this? (f its alright with you?)
@DemiFiend

Hi! Im looking to start an adoptable shop, ive read your guide and yeah i completely agree that i have been unfair to my prices (in deviantart for example: i charged 5 bucks for a full colored bust....). I really need help in figuring out prices for an adoptable shop idea i had, also i dont know if its a good idea but if the adoptable shop its well enough in terms of popularity i wanted to open my own fixed price art shop as well. I dont want to rant on about my ideas so maybe we could pm this? (f its alright with you?)
WukzpeR.gifArt shop3XAuZ.gifo5uw5.gifGt5ew.giffGHD9.gif
@AkiraKatsura2

Yeah, adoptables are less rigid in comparison and it can be harder to judge as a result.
And that's absolutely fine! PM me your ideas and concerns as well as your prices; we can discuss it in detail there :)
@AkiraKatsura2

Yeah, adoptables are less rigid in comparison and it can be harder to judge as a result.
And that's absolutely fine! PM me your ideas and concerns as well as your prices; we can discuss it in detail there :)
OjayHBU.png
@DemiFiend Hey there again! I've recently sold a commission which I'm pretty sure the price was far too low again, and I need help on setting the price. [img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/ad1ee0e8eef3762bd405e582d6826300/tumblr_o77yroKumJ1taeljio1_540.png[/img] I drew this for 130k and I know, it's way too low. So I got feedback from someone and said I should price drawings like these for 200k-300k? I'm not sure about that and it'll help to get your opinion. c:
@DemiFiend
Hey there again! I've recently sold a commission which I'm pretty sure the price was far too low again, and I need help on setting the price. tumblr_o77yroKumJ1taeljio1_540.png
I drew this for 130k and I know, it's way too low. So I got feedback from someone and said I should price drawings like these for 200k-300k? I'm not sure about that and it'll help to get your opinion. c:
+15 FR Time
weird_ass_monster_art_banner_smol_by_corsola123-daxtq8t.jpg
@radishcake

Heya! Nice to see you again.

I'd have to agree with what they said. You already trialed it with a low starting price and the result? You got a lot of interest in your ginjinkas - they're cheap for the quality. It's about time you bumped your prices up! Remember, there's no downside to this; if people are on a pinglist they take it very well and agree and support the artist and you get more money! You can always lower it if it's too high, but really you shouldn't be thinking about that. You've recognised that you've priced it too low and now's your chance to get a fairer price for your art. I mean, you've even drawn the apparel! 150 at the VERY lowest, 250,000-300,000 is ideal IMO.
@radishcake

Heya! Nice to see you again.

I'd have to agree with what they said. You already trialed it with a low starting price and the result? You got a lot of interest in your ginjinkas - they're cheap for the quality. It's about time you bumped your prices up! Remember, there's no downside to this; if people are on a pinglist they take it very well and agree and support the artist and you get more money! You can always lower it if it's too high, but really you shouldn't be thinking about that. You've recognised that you've priced it too low and now's your chance to get a fairer price for your art. I mean, you've even drawn the apparel! 150 at the VERY lowest, 250,000-300,000 is ideal IMO.
OjayHBU.png
@DemiFiend
Once again thank you so much for your advice! :DD
So my final prices would be:
135k for B/W sketch
235k for flat color sketch
275 for cell-shaded sketch(the one above)

Would this be alright?
@DemiFiend
Once again thank you so much for your advice! :DD
So my final prices would be:
135k for B/W sketch
235k for flat color sketch
275 for cell-shaded sketch(the one above)

Would this be alright?
+15 FR Time
@radishcake

'Tis k!
One quick question: b/w does that mean coloured in b/w or it's just lined? I assumed the former but I just wanted to check! The prices sound fine to me now, adjust them as you see fit later on (if you could round up any .5 numbers that would be your first step). And keep in mind 275 is a price you've chosen that includes apparel (you can always change this later). I wish good luck to you! u.u
@radishcake

'Tis k!
One quick question: b/w does that mean coloured in b/w or it's just lined? I assumed the former but I just wanted to check! The prices sound fine to me now, adjust them as you see fit later on (if you could round up any .5 numbers that would be your first step). And keep in mind 275 is a price you've chosen that includes apparel (you can always change this later). I wish good luck to you! u.u
OjayHBU.png
@Demifiend
Yep it's the former, and thanks for your advice and opinion! It had really help! The people who were on the pinglist were alright with the price raise and I felt super relieved. :D
@Demifiend
Yep it's the former, and thanks for your advice and opinion! It had really help! The people who were on the pinglist were alright with the price raise and I felt super relieved. :D
+15 FR Time
@DemiFiend Hello! Could you please tell me how much should I ask for a headshot of this quality? At least approximately? Thank you! [img]http://funkyimg.com/i/2bUmi.png[/img]
@DemiFiend
Hello! Could you please tell me how much should I ask for a headshot of this quality? At least approximately?
Thank you!
2bUmi.png
@ShoGuru

This is very nice - great expression, great grasp of anatomy etc! I can tell you're experienced! Honestly, for this I'd go NO lower than 250,000. Not sure if you're including apparel in the price (which is something to think about) or if you're going to shade and sell them as monochrome (as seen here). I'd price a headshot at 300kt-350,000+~ Wholly up to you. If you do get a lot of interest (and even a pinglist) as I've seen many times, and as it's seen here a couple of times in the guide's comments, it's a sign you're underpricing and that you should raise them.
@ShoGuru

This is very nice - great expression, great grasp of anatomy etc! I can tell you're experienced! Honestly, for this I'd go NO lower than 250,000. Not sure if you're including apparel in the price (which is something to think about) or if you're going to shade and sell them as monochrome (as seen here). I'd price a headshot at 300kt-350,000+~ Wholly up to you. If you do get a lot of interest (and even a pinglist) as I've seen many times, and as it's seen here a couple of times in the guide's comments, it's a sign you're underpricing and that you should raise them.
OjayHBU.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7