Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Maritime Mayhem Mafia - Discussion - FIN
1 2 ... 372 373 374 375 376 ... 380 381
I suppose I missed a lot after I passed out seeing as I was apparently voted out, lol. I apologize for being inactive in the thread as I really had nothing to contribute or any decent defense. I probably would have responded earlier if I wasn't asleep. Good game, had fun and all that jazz.
I suppose I missed a lot after I passed out seeing as I was apparently voted out, lol. I apologize for being inactive in the thread as I really had nothing to contribute or any decent defense. I probably would have responded earlier if I wasn't asleep. Good game, had fun and all that jazz.
[quote name="Valheru" date=2016-04-30 23:53:02] Also, can I now find out who pushed me into the water and why? I don't think I was much of a threat lol! [/quote] Because we could? And we had to pick someone who wasn't a mutineer? let me check chat and see if we had any better reason.
Valheru wrote on 2016-04-30:

Also, can I now find out who pushed me into the water and why? I don't think I was much of a threat lol!

Because we could? And we had to pick someone who wasn't a mutineer? let me check chat and see if we had any better reason.
[quote name="Tsaiah" date=2016-04-30 23:28:22] @LordAlois And yes, you are allowed to say I told you so. ;3 <3 [/quote] [center] [size=7][b]I TOLD YOU ALL SO[/b][/size] [/center] [quote name="Ambrose" date=2016-04-30 23:07:47] @temperama LordAlois is not going to want to even look in my direction after this I think [/quote] @Ambrose no ily [quote name="@temperama" date=2016-04-30 23:05:33] @/ambrose just go hug @/LordAlois, the glitter will totally make the new look [/quote] [quote name="@Fallencrow" date=2016-04-30 22:54:02] LordAlois, Bloodhound of the vibes. [/quote] *puts on sunglasses* [quote name="temperama" date=2016-04-30 22:33:50] @/LordAlois Sooooo Close [/quote] [quote name="@mrsnegcol" date=2016-04-30 22:39:20] @/LordAlois I am so sorry [/quote] [quote name="@deztora" date=2016-04-30 22:52:18] @/LordAlois Dude. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Oh god if only. I cannot believe. Dude. We should've pushed harder for Ambrose geez. X( I don't think I saw FunFilledWTFery as suspicious though, except in general being quiet, so can't claim that one. But dude. Oh if only. I KNEW IT doesn't even begin to cover it. [/quote] // [quote name="LordAlois" date=2016-04-29 22:49:34] [quote name="Ambrose" date=2016-04-29 22:48:29] Wow, that really sucks for the TM's but it's super good for us. [/quote] [i]//squints[/i] i feel like they're doing the same thing like val did; "easy townie death", "super good for us"? idk [/quote] [quote name="LordAlois" date=2016-04-29 22:16:17] mark my words clarax is inno [/quote] [quote name="LordAlois" date=2016-04-29 21:19:09] @/Tsaiah that is true, I take that back @/SmashedFish Yeah, it's just a little like '?' from you in my head, it wasn't really anything too much, recently you've been giving better vibes tbh [size=6][b][u]//only funfilled and ambrose left as possible scum in my head ;-; [/quote] [quote name="LordAlois" date=2016-04-25 21:25:31] [i]-snips from a read list I had in Phase I before N2-[/i] -Ambrose //Something is off.. but again, seems to be acting with interest of town [/quote] [quote name="Ambrose" date=2016-04-30 22:48:58] @/LordAlois ur scum instincts were so good tbh. Is this a constant? Because dang, you had me scared the entire game. Nice work. I honestly felt bad for you going into N6 because you were so right about everyone. [/quote] For previous scum-hunting stuff check the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1829209/1]Okami Mafia 2[/url] (I was basically a lookout and the night I was injured I found someone who turned out to be mafia, not too much of anything, still proud though - N3) and more importantly, before this game I just finished [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1823608/1]Shut up already![/url]. In this game, I correctly guessed 1 of the mafia D1 (when there was only 2) and no one listened to me - I also played in Cretaceous Mafia and Historical Mafia 2, but it was my first and second time playing in forum mafia and I had [i]no[/i] idea what I was doing. But yeah, gg! (Everyone finds me susp 24/7 and I think it's pretty great - all of the games I've played so far have been town (and once, town-leaning neutral) I'm not even trying!) ^^ sorry if that's a ramble I'm literally celebrating that I was RIGHT
Tsaiah wrote on 2016-04-30:
@LordAlois

And yes, you are allowed to say I told you so. ;3 <3

I TOLD YOU ALL SO

Ambrose wrote on 2016-04-30:
@temperama

LordAlois is not going to want to even look in my direction after this I think

@Ambrose no ily
@temperama wrote on 2016-04-30:
@/ambrose

just go hug @/LordAlois, the glitter will totally make the new look
@Fallencrow wrote on 2016-04-30:
LordAlois, Bloodhound of the vibes.

*puts on sunglasses*
temperama wrote on 2016-04-30:
@/LordAlois
Sooooo Close
@mrsnegcol wrote on 2016-04-30:
@/LordAlois

I am so sorry
@deztora wrote on 2016-04-30:
@/LordAlois Dude. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Oh god if only. I cannot believe. Dude. We should've pushed harder for Ambrose geez. X(

I don't think I saw FunFilledWTFery as suspicious though, except in general being quiet, so can't claim that one.

But dude. Oh if only. I KNEW IT doesn't even begin to cover it.

//

LordAlois wrote on 2016-04-29:
Ambrose wrote on 2016-04-29:
Wow, that really sucks for the TM's but it's super good for us.

//squints

i feel like they're doing the same thing like val did; "easy townie death", "super good for us"? idk
mark my words

clarax is inno
@/Tsaiah

that is true, I take that back

@/SmashedFish

Yeah, it's just a little like '?' from you in my head, it wasn't really anything too much, recently you've been giving better vibes tbh

//only funfilled and ambrose left as possible scum in my head ;-;
LordAlois wrote on 2016-04-25:
-snips from a read list I had in Phase I before N2-
-Ambrose //Something is off.. but again, seems to be acting with interest of town
Ambrose wrote on 2016-04-30:
@/LordAlois ur scum instincts were so good tbh. Is this a constant? Because dang, you had me scared the entire game. Nice work. I honestly felt bad for you going into N6 because you were so right about everyone.

For previous scum-hunting stuff check the Okami Mafia 2 (I was basically a lookout and the night I was injured I found someone who turned out to be mafia, not too much of anything, still proud though - N3) and more importantly, before this game I just finished Shut up already!. In this game, I correctly guessed 1 of the mafia D1 (when there was only 2) and no one listened to me - I also played in Cretaceous Mafia and Historical Mafia 2, but it was my first and second time playing in forum mafia and I had no idea what I was doing. But yeah, gg! (Everyone finds me susp 24/7 and I think it's pretty great - all of the games I've played so far have been town (and once, town-leaning neutral) I'm not even trying!)

^^ sorry if that's a ramble I'm literally celebrating that I was RIGHT
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo6_100.png8uFqK.gif0B0c5mI.pngQU9Z4.gif DG9Dj.gif
@temperama Fair enough I was so confused! I thought I'd done alright at not rousing suspicions on D1 despite the list, but because I was maf, I was like oh no they're on to me they know thinking it was a townie with some ability
@temperama Fair enough I was so confused! I thought I'd done alright at not rousing suspicions on D1 despite the list, but because I was maf, I was like oh no they're on to me they know thinking it was a townie with some ability
[quote name="@Chaoticreactions" date=2016-04-30 19:26:51] What did you do this festival, Chao? Played mafia. I mean, for the collectible stuff. Don't you usually get at least one of everything? But Mafia. For 96 hours? Yes. [/quote] ^ ...i actually just broke down and spent the gems i had to buy a few of the festival things i liked best from the AH this morning. xD
@Chaoticreactions wrote on 2016-04-30:
What did you do this festival, Chao?

Played mafia.

I mean, for the collectible stuff. Don't you usually get at least one of everything?

But Mafia.

For 96 hours?

Yes.

^

...i actually just broke down and spent the gems i had to buy a few of the festival things i liked best from the AH this morning. xD
TCC_04-sig.png Millennium Merchant Mafia NPeGYYg.png GFQXkBh.png
[quote name="@Firo" date=2016-04-30 22:46:16] Specifically, @ Tsaiah - trying to pretend the list was not there and nothing was on fire was a terrible move. You're playing mafia. You use all parts of the man. [/quote] From poly's QT: PolygonePerson was signed in when posted 04-24-2016 07:23 PM ET (US) It's GO2 all over again welp. ^ This. Trying to make sure that a game that the maker worked hard on, and the players were excited about, actually got PLAYED. (Not to mention i actually kinda thought it was purposely misleading bull, until half the players on it flipped maf.) And i would do it again. No regrets. (...besides, i subsequently got to redirect maf onto other maf, for a total of three maf killed. I think i made up for it at least somewhat okay. ;3 <3)
@Firo wrote on 2016-04-30:

Specifically, @ Tsaiah - trying to pretend the list was not there and nothing was on fire was a terrible move. You're playing mafia. You use all parts of the man.

From poly's QT:

PolygonePerson was signed in when posted
04-24-2016
07:23 PM ET (US)
It's GO2 all over again welp.

^

This.

Trying to make sure that a game that the maker worked hard on, and the players were excited about, actually got PLAYED. (Not to mention i actually kinda thought it was purposely misleading bull, until half the players on it flipped maf.)

And i would do it again. No regrets.

(...besides, i subsequently got to redirect maf onto other maf, for a total of three maf killed. I think i made up for it at least somewhat okay. ;3 <3)
@LordAlois, two intense games in a row with you now, and i'm pretty confident in saying that you have some scary-accurate reads. And i will be listening to them! ^_^
@LordAlois, two intense games in a row with you now, and i'm pretty confident in saying that you have some scary-accurate reads. And i will be listening to them! ^_^
[quote name="@deztora" date=2016-04-30 23:34:35] [quote name="Stanari" date=2016-04-30 22:31:15]deztora's plan was the mechanically correct one. [/quote] What the crap I totally missed this! Thank you so much. I feel so, incredibly, validated. As a somewhat-seasoned D&D player, I'm fairly good at 'gaming' things. So when I saw a possible way to hack the lynches, I went for it immediately, because that's what you do, y'know? I didn't realize the, uh, meta? In mafia would assert me anti-town for this. If I ever play again, expect me to continue being just as radical, and I'll just understand that being lynched for being anti-town is a risk I have to take. [/quote] Risk it. :3 Always risk it for things you think are the right play! And you were right (tho there were cons to keeping known scum around as well, as we didn't know what they could do while still among us for sure, and they could certainly hang around and mislead). But in retrospect, we really shoulda gone with the idea, and gotten more lynches out of it.
@deztora wrote on 2016-04-30:
Stanari wrote on 2016-04-30:
deztora's plan was the mechanically correct one.

What the crap I totally missed this! Thank you so much. I feel so, incredibly, validated.

As a somewhat-seasoned D&D player, I'm fairly good at 'gaming' things. So when I saw a possible way to hack the lynches, I went for it immediately, because that's what you do, y'know? I didn't realize the, uh, meta? In mafia would assert me anti-town for this. If I ever play again, expect me to continue being just as radical, and I'll just understand that being lynched for being anti-town is a risk I have to take.

Risk it. :3 Always risk it for things you think are the right play!

And you were right (tho there were cons to keeping known scum around as well, as we didn't know what they could do while still among us for sure, and they could certainly hang around and mislead). But in retrospect, we really shoulda gone with the idea, and gotten more lynches out of it.
[quote name="polygone" date=2016-04-30 22:56:44] If anyone wanted to read my QT: [url]http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/FagJa49vdJL[/url] [/quote] Same for mine: [url]http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/uQELHGDmdiDs[/url]
polygone wrote on 2016-04-30:
If anyone wanted to read my QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/FagJa49vdJL

Same for mine:
http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/uQELHGDmdiDs
@Stanari [quote name="@Firo" date=2016-04-30 22:46:16] Shame it took you so long to realize metalynches don't actually kill people, though. The modkills WERE metalynches, just performed by dead people - or, more correctly, people dead in the inner game, but still alive in the metagame. Because you don't actually shoot people in the face when you play mafia face to face. You just pretend to. You'd think the fact that the modkilled people specifically came back checked for troublemakery would tip somebody off... pay more attention next time, yes? :D [/quote] Actually, someone DID 100% accurately interpret that, and predicted the phase two metalynches wouldn't actually kill innocents, just confirm them, and that they would come back. @polygone.
@Stanari
@Firo wrote on 2016-04-30:
Shame it took you so long to realize metalynches don't actually kill people, though. The modkills WERE metalynches, just performed by dead people - or, more correctly, people dead in the inner game, but still alive in the metagame. Because you don't actually shoot people in the face when you play mafia face to face. You just pretend to.

You'd think the fact that the modkilled people specifically came back checked for troublemakery would tip somebody off... pay more attention next time, yes? :D

Actually, someone DID 100% accurately interpret that, and predicted the phase two metalynches wouldn't actually kill innocents, just confirm them, and that they would come back. @polygone.

1 2 ... 372 373 374 375 376 ... 380 381