Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Advice/Interest - PC Moon Accent
Still experimenting. :3 Anyone like? Version 2: [img]http://visdeloup.com/bailey/images/MooncatcherPresentation2.png[/img] [img]http://visdeloup.com/bailey/images/MooncatcherPresentation2Blue.png[/img] [img]http://visdeloup.com/bailey/images/MooncatcherPresentation2Crescent.png[/img] Version 1: [img]http://visdeloup.com/bailey/images/MooncatcherPresentation.png[/img]
Still experimenting. :3 Anyone like?

Version 2:

MooncatcherPresentation2.png

MooncatcherPresentation2Blue.png

MooncatcherPresentation2Crescent.png

Version 1:

MooncatcherPresentation.png
FRSignatureBanner.png
It's kind of dark, or so I think. Maybe lighter tones?
It's kind of dark, or so I think. Maybe lighter tones?
nNrBUWj.png5MGpwQe.png
I agree, it's a cool idea but needs to look more Moony
I agree, it's a cool idea but needs to look more Moony
@Hircus @Oszs

I made some changes, can I ask for your opinion again? :3
@Hircus @Oszs

I made some changes, can I ask for your opinion again? :3
FRSignatureBanner.png
Hmmm...the newer ones don't really look "Moony" enough. It is a step forwards, yes! The lighter tones are a good thing, and the blue one is pretty, but the shading doesn't make it seem like a moon at all, sadly. The craters don't look like craters, and some light shading to add other details would be good too.
Hmmm...the newer ones don't really look "Moony" enough. It is a step forwards, yes! The lighter tones are a good thing, and the blue one is pretty, but the shading doesn't make it seem like a moon at all, sadly. The craters don't look like craters, and some light shading to add other details would be good too.
nNrBUWj.png5MGpwQe.png
When taking into account accents like this, for me atleast, I tend to ask myself, is this worth the equivalent of ten dollars for a person? (going on gem value of buying one at a time)
To me, this is kind of lacking, not in the sense that it's a bad moon. It's a fine moon, but yes, work on texturing and light/shadows a bit more. But what I mean is, is that you have the potential to make the look of the entire dragon change. You have the canvas of the wings, the body, the fur, the claws, everything else to make that dragon look amazing. Maybe work the whiteness into the wing tips or maybe color the claws dark grey. Go full board with it~
When taking into account accents like this, for me atleast, I tend to ask myself, is this worth the equivalent of ten dollars for a person? (going on gem value of buying one at a time)
To me, this is kind of lacking, not in the sense that it's a bad moon. It's a fine moon, but yes, work on texturing and light/shadows a bit more. But what I mean is, is that you have the potential to make the look of the entire dragon change. You have the canvas of the wings, the body, the fur, the claws, everything else to make that dragon look amazing. Maybe work the whiteness into the wing tips or maybe color the claws dark grey. Go full board with it~
USERbanner.png
I really like this idea but I agree it needs a tad more work.
Our moon has subtle crater lines/poc marks that I think really makes it recognizable as a moon.
Are you using any reference images?
I really like this idea but I agree it needs a tad more work.
Our moon has subtle crater lines/poc marks that I think really makes it recognizable as a moon.
Are you using any reference images?
Thanks everyone fore the advice! It's really helping. :) I'll try to get the next version up soon.

@frostkingdemetri I did not think of that at first, but now I makes so much sense. I definitely will work on that. :)
@Oszs Yeah, I'm using some refs, but they're probably too close and detailed shots to be using as a ref for a small pearl. I'll try some different ones.
Thanks everyone fore the advice! It's really helping. :) I'll try to get the next version up soon.

@frostkingdemetri I did not think of that at first, but now I makes so much sense. I definitely will work on that. :)
@Oszs Yeah, I'm using some refs, but they're probably too close and detailed shots to be using as a ref for a small pearl. I'll try some different ones.
FRSignatureBanner.png
Zoom your pictures way out so you can see what really pops!
I'd like to see what you do with it, please keep me posted :D
Zoom your pictures way out so you can see what really pops!
I'd like to see what you do with it, please keep me posted :D
Agreeing with what the others have said.
Have you considered making the foot holding the moon and some of the belly look as if it is being lit up a bit? That could look nice.

But yes, it is a great start and I can not wait to see more updates!
Agreeing with what the others have said.
Have you considered making the foot holding the moon and some of the belly look as if it is being lit up a bit? That could look nice.

But yes, it is a great start and I can not wait to see more updates!
TOW2n3q.png