Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Might start to make tiny things?
I absolutely love crafts! I consider myself reasonably good at making props, okay at sewing (better at hand over machine), and not bad at sculpting, but when I found out about tiny food and dollhouse furniture DIYs I immediately fell in love! So, does anyone have any suggestions for starting out? I might start making stuff in the summer when I'm out of school, but these seem like fun little crafts to litter around my room make and give to friends. I would love any suggestions and/or help with any questions I might have!

As an end project I'd love to make a full dollhouse with custom tiny furniture and sell it or maybe give it to my sister for when she has another child/for her son now, but I know that'll be a long ways away.
I absolutely love crafts! I consider myself reasonably good at making props, okay at sewing (better at hand over machine), and not bad at sculpting, but when I found out about tiny food and dollhouse furniture DIYs I immediately fell in love! So, does anyone have any suggestions for starting out? I might start making stuff in the summer when I'm out of school, but these seem like fun little crafts to litter around my room make and give to friends. I would love any suggestions and/or help with any questions I might have!

As an end project I'd love to make a full dollhouse with custom tiny furniture and sell it or maybe give it to my sister for when she has another child/for her son now, but I know that'll be a long ways away.
Oooh! That's really neat-- I loooove the miniature stuff but I don't have the fine motor skills for that et awl XD So no suggestions from me. Actually, no, one-- sometimes you can find sculpey clay at thrift stores! It's really hit or miss but *shrug*
I think this would be best suited for Creative Corner? Since that's where all the real artists hang out you might get some better answers but idk.
Good luck bruh!! I hope you get really good at it
Oooh! That's really neat-- I loooove the miniature stuff but I don't have the fine motor skills for that et awl XD So no suggestions from me. Actually, no, one-- sometimes you can find sculpey clay at thrift stores! It's really hit or miss but *shrug*
I think this would be best suited for Creative Corner? Since that's where all the real artists hang out you might get some better answers but idk.
Good luck bruh!! I hope you get really good at it
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
@asteri
Tiny food is something I've desperately wanted to make. I only ever seem to have about half of the materials at one time and they always seems to get lost before I can begin.
I ended up with cross stitching instead of clay. Oh well, maybe some day.
@asteri
Tiny food is something I've desperately wanted to make. I only ever seem to have about half of the materials at one time and they always seems to get lost before I can begin.
I ended up with cross stitching instead of clay. Oh well, maybe some day.
3H5nP7C.png
MmBygYl.gif
I make and sell miniatures sometimes! I'm currently taking a break from it, because as satisfying as it is to end up with a perfect tiny object, it can also be really time consuming and frustrating. I'm sure I'll come back to it, though, because miniatures are just really fun.

Definitely do some searching online, because there's tons of tutorials and tips on making miniatures, particularly polymer clay food. I know I tend to get hung up on trying to read EVERYTHING I can before jumping into a project though, so my advice is don't feel like you have to be an expert before you even start! You'll learn so much more through trial and error.
I make and sell miniatures sometimes! I'm currently taking a break from it, because as satisfying as it is to end up with a perfect tiny object, it can also be really time consuming and frustrating. I'm sure I'll come back to it, though, because miniatures are just really fun.

Definitely do some searching online, because there's tons of tutorials and tips on making miniatures, particularly polymer clay food. I know I tend to get hung up on trying to read EVERYTHING I can before jumping into a project though, so my advice is don't feel like you have to be an expert before you even start! You'll learn so much more through trial and error.