Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Shiny Pokemon Stories
1 2 3 4 5 6
Whenever we tire of RNG madness of one game, we turn to RNG madness of another game!

So let's chatter about our shiny pokemon stories! Woes, triumphs, I'll listen to anything!

So for my stories...
In a LeafGreen nuzlocke, I encountered a shiny chansey. In a cartridge. There was no way that thing was gonna get caught. ;u;
My first caught shiny was a wooper. In a crystal cartridge. A dying crystal cartridge.
The first shiny I ever encountered outside the red gyarados was a shiny magikarp in Dragon's Den (same crystal cartridge). I didn't have any pokeballs on me.
Whenever we tire of RNG madness of one game, we turn to RNG madness of another game!

So let's chatter about our shiny pokemon stories! Woes, triumphs, I'll listen to anything!

So for my stories...
In a LeafGreen nuzlocke, I encountered a shiny chansey. In a cartridge. There was no way that thing was gonna get caught. ;u;
My first caught shiny was a wooper. In a crystal cartridge. A dying crystal cartridge.
The first shiny I ever encountered outside the red gyarados was a shiny magikarp in Dragon's Den (same crystal cartridge). I didn't have any pokeballs on me.
I have played pokemon since GSC games came out and I have never found a shiny. About 4 years back though I decided to re-play ruby on an emulator (I didn't dare to delete my save on my physical copy) and I... found a shiny wrumple... that is now forever stuck on my emulator... It is still the only shiny I have found to this day.

-lies on the ground-

ofc not counting the red gyarados or event shiny legendaries
I have played pokemon since GSC games came out and I have never found a shiny. About 4 years back though I decided to re-play ruby on an emulator (I didn't dare to delete my save on my physical copy) and I... found a shiny wrumple... that is now forever stuck on my emulator... It is still the only shiny I have found to this day.

-lies on the ground-

ofc not counting the red gyarados or event shiny legendaries
LIo8D8G.gif
Once I accidentally killed a shiny Duosion in White and I found another one (same gender) on the same route a couple years later. I managed to catch that one and I love her so much.

On Y I was also training my Charmelon into a Charizard because my Pidgetto's only Flying type attack (Gust) wasn't good enough for the Fighting gym. There was some hidden honey on that route so I used it and the first horde had a shiny Wingull. It inspired me to shiny hunt on Y, and I know have over 12 (I don't remember the exact number) shinies (including my favourite, a shiny Dragonite) on Y.

I'll probably do some chain fishing on OR once I get a sticky hold (I think that's the one they get) Octillery but my Masquerain I used has Sweet Scent, so I'll probably do some hording sometime.
Once I accidentally killed a shiny Duosion in White and I found another one (same gender) on the same route a couple years later. I managed to catch that one and I love her so much.

On Y I was also training my Charmelon into a Charizard because my Pidgetto's only Flying type attack (Gust) wasn't good enough for the Fighting gym. There was some hidden honey on that route so I used it and the first horde had a shiny Wingull. It inspired me to shiny hunt on Y, and I know have over 12 (I don't remember the exact number) shinies (including my favourite, a shiny Dragonite) on Y.

I'll probably do some chain fishing on OR once I get a sticky hold (I think that's the one they get) Octillery but my Masquerain I used has Sweet Scent, so I'll probably do some hording sometime.
"Oh, I don't know, I was really hoping for a huge sign on the wall saying 'Kryx's Legacy Clues Here!'"
I forget which one but I encountered a shiny onix. I didn't even know what shiny pokemon were atm. I'm thinking what is wrong with this pokemon. It made sparkles so I caught it on that notion it must be special. I still have that shiny onix. I need to make it a shiny steelix.
I forget which one but I encountered a shiny onix. I didn't even know what shiny pokemon were atm. I'm thinking what is wrong with this pokemon. It made sparkles so I caught it on that notion it must be special. I still have that shiny onix. I need to make it a shiny steelix.
I went hoarding in X and got a Shiny Nosepass when trying for a Yanma. I also got a shiny Tarous while trying to get a shiny Mareep. In Leafgreen I found a shiny Rattata before you get Pokeballs. Like, right before. And in Black I found a shiny Sewadle when I didn't have Pokeballs.
I went hoarding in X and got a Shiny Nosepass when trying for a Yanma. I also got a shiny Tarous while trying to get a shiny Mareep. In Leafgreen I found a shiny Rattata before you get Pokeballs. Like, right before. And in Black I found a shiny Sewadle when I didn't have Pokeballs.
Don't worry about it. Silly Arcade's just telling magnetic field jokes for his own amusement.
When I was trying to horde hunt for a shiny mareep (I had guests that day), i turned around to talk to the kids and when i looked back to my 3ds, I realized there was the shiny i wanted!! I didn't notice it at all lmao
When I was trying to horde hunt for a shiny mareep (I had guests that day), i turned around to talk to the kids and when i looked back to my 3ds, I realized there was the shiny i wanted!! I didn't notice it at all lmao
13954.gif
I was in one of those friend safari's, and I was just training up one of my pokemon when I encountered a shiny sliggoo, I then caught her and named her Peach (I like to name my shinies after fruit :p). Then like at 2 am I wake up and decide to play some more, not even five minutes in and I find a shiny Gabite! Needless to say, I felt very lucky
I was in one of those friend safari's, and I was just training up one of my pokemon when I encountered a shiny sliggoo, I then caught her and named her Peach (I like to name my shinies after fruit :p). Then like at 2 am I wake up and decide to play some more, not even five minutes in and I find a shiny Gabite! Needless to say, I felt very lucky
18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png910.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png
back in the first days of colour pokemon games, good old Silver and Gold, I was playing Silver. I was in the Burned Tower, training up my team for the next gym. A koffing pops up and there's a sparkle, and I froze. it was blue! That's not right, Koffings are supposed to be purple!
Now at this point in time NOBODY knew about shinies, and so I was super confused and excited. I caught her, named her Bluey and she helped me beat the Elite 4.
Sadly over time I lost her, but i rehatched a shiny Koffing in her honour in my Y version
back in the first days of colour pokemon games, good old Silver and Gold, I was playing Silver. I was in the Burned Tower, training up my team for the next gym. A koffing pops up and there's a sparkle, and I froze. it was blue! That's not right, Koffings are supposed to be purple!
Now at this point in time NOBODY knew about shinies, and so I was super confused and excited. I caught her, named her Bluey and she helped me beat the Elite 4.
Sadly over time I lost her, but i rehatched a shiny Koffing in her honour in my Y version
S9GIMwM.pngyKp0KRf.png8Wxihjh.gif
I ran into a shiny Bellsprout the first night I had Crystal when it first came out. I didn't know shiny Pokemon were a thing and didn't notice it was different until I ran into another one. Rip gold Bellsprout, what could have been.
I ran into a shiny Bellsprout the first night I had Crystal when it first came out. I didn't know shiny Pokemon were a thing and didn't notice it was different until I ran into another one. Rip gold Bellsprout, what could have been.
DRr34Qm.png
Back in the day when I was playing my first Pokemon game, which was Ruby, I went out and caught a Wailord and Relicanth so I could go get the Regis. Good times. After a while, I got bored and restarted the game. Naturally, I wanted to get the Regis again.

So I went hunting for a Relicanth, and when I found one, I paused a moment and went "...Wait, aren't Relicanths blue?"

Yeah, that first one had been shiny. I didn't even know what shinies WERE at the time.

Then, a long time later, I played Pearl, and by this point I did actually know what a shiny was. So I was heading through the first route after you get Pokeballs, and what appears? A shiny Shinx! I was so excited, and of course I carefully weakened it, getting it down to the high yellow HP range. But it kept breaking out of my Pokeballs, and soon, I only had one left. So I decided to weaken it more.

...my Turtwig got a critical hit and knocked it out u.u

But at last, one day when I was playing Sapphire on my special Mother 3 Game Boy Micro on the bus on the way to school in the morning, I was in that route just between Rustboro and the tunnel, training for the gym, when suddenly a shiny Taillow appeared! This one, I was able to catch! It was female and level 7, and I nicknamed her Chikara and I still have her to this day.

Also, a year later, I was playing Emerald n my special Mother 3 Game Boy Micro on the bus on the way to school in the morning, I was in that route just between Rustboro and the tunnel, training for the gym, when suddenly a shiny Taillow appeared. It was also female and level 7. And I also caught that one. It was a little surreal and super deja-vu-ey. That one, I traded to a friend after X and Y came out, for a shiny Noivern.
Back in the day when I was playing my first Pokemon game, which was Ruby, I went out and caught a Wailord and Relicanth so I could go get the Regis. Good times. After a while, I got bored and restarted the game. Naturally, I wanted to get the Regis again.

So I went hunting for a Relicanth, and when I found one, I paused a moment and went "...Wait, aren't Relicanths blue?"

Yeah, that first one had been shiny. I didn't even know what shinies WERE at the time.

Then, a long time later, I played Pearl, and by this point I did actually know what a shiny was. So I was heading through the first route after you get Pokeballs, and what appears? A shiny Shinx! I was so excited, and of course I carefully weakened it, getting it down to the high yellow HP range. But it kept breaking out of my Pokeballs, and soon, I only had one left. So I decided to weaken it more.

...my Turtwig got a critical hit and knocked it out u.u

But at last, one day when I was playing Sapphire on my special Mother 3 Game Boy Micro on the bus on the way to school in the morning, I was in that route just between Rustboro and the tunnel, training for the gym, when suddenly a shiny Taillow appeared! This one, I was able to catch! It was female and level 7, and I nicknamed her Chikara and I still have her to this day.

Also, a year later, I was playing Emerald n my special Mother 3 Game Boy Micro on the bus on the way to school in the morning, I was in that route just between Rustboro and the tunnel, training for the gym, when suddenly a shiny Taillow appeared. It was also female and level 7. And I also caught that one. It was a little surreal and super deja-vu-ey. That one, I traded to a friend after X and Y came out, for a shiny Noivern.
ShpX9LV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6