Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Shiny Pokemon Stories
1 2 3 4 5 6
I completely forgot to add this story to the op.

I was level grinding in X for the pokedex on Victory Road. I encountered a shiny graveler. By that level, graveler knows explosion.

Very nerve-wracking, but I now have a shiny golem. Quick Balls are the most wonderful thing ever~
I completely forgot to add this story to the op.

I was level grinding in X for the pokedex on Victory Road. I encountered a shiny graveler. By that level, graveler knows explosion.

Very nerve-wracking, but I now have a shiny golem. Quick Balls are the most wonderful thing ever~
BACK IN THE DAY, while I was tediously searching for a Feebas, I stumbled upon a shiny Magicarp!

As with all of my "permanent" pokemon, I eventually evolved it; effectively rendering her indistinguishable from the millions of shiny Gyarados that would flood the pokemon world with the release of Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

My best friend agreed that I made a poor choice.

I also once found a shiny wild Graveler that proceeded to explode.

But I hatched a shiny Sneasel! That was pretty lucky. His name is Midna. My collection of shiny pokemon isn't actually all that bad for someone who doesn't deliberately seek them out.
BACK IN THE DAY, while I was tediously searching for a Feebas, I stumbled upon a shiny Magicarp!

As with all of my "permanent" pokemon, I eventually evolved it; effectively rendering her indistinguishable from the millions of shiny Gyarados that would flood the pokemon world with the release of Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

My best friend agreed that I made a poor choice.

I also once found a shiny wild Graveler that proceeded to explode.

But I hatched a shiny Sneasel! That was pretty lucky. His name is Midna. My collection of shiny pokemon isn't actually all that bad for someone who doesn't deliberately seek them out.
My first and only shiny encounter ended in a graveler using self destruct...

edit: this seems to be a common occurrence, boo
My first and only shiny encounter ended in a graveler using self destruct...

edit: this seems to be a common occurrence, boo
xxxxxxxxxxxx what did you honestly expect to find here? xxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_nxzvqj33Dj1tnp410_100.png
I've only ever had TWO shiny encounters in all of my Pokemon experience...

The first one was the red Gyrados that everyone knows, and the second one was a shiny Roggenrola that I randomly found while on the Victory Road in Pokemon X (it was a hoard battle too). It gave me a heart attack though because I accidentally used Surf and I thought I killed it but then I remembered it had Sturdy. Then I killed the others and caught it. ^^

It's now level 100 in its final evolution.
I've only ever had TWO shiny encounters in all of my Pokemon experience...

The first one was the red Gyrados that everyone knows, and the second one was a shiny Roggenrola that I randomly found while on the Victory Road in Pokemon X (it was a hoard battle too). It gave me a heart attack though because I accidentally used Surf and I thought I killed it but then I remembered it had Sturdy. Then I killed the others and caught it. ^^

It's now level 100 in its final evolution.
39262092.png
@Katabasis
Actually, the distinguishing feature between your gyarados and all the countless others is that yours was encountered in a completely different location. Even though other people won't be able to tell in battles, you can always look at that mon's page and see that encounter location.

If it's not Lake of Rage, it's just as rare as any other shiny! Not to mention, if you still have it, it gives you a special item in ORAS (I'm guessing you caught it in the river next to the rse weather institute).
@Katabasis
Actually, the distinguishing feature between your gyarados and all the countless others is that yours was encountered in a completely different location. Even though other people won't be able to tell in battles, you can always look at that mon's page and see that encounter location.

If it's not Lake of Rage, it's just as rare as any other shiny! Not to mention, if you still have it, it gives you a special item in ORAS (I'm guessing you caught it in the river next to the rse weather institute).
in my emerald, i was searching in the safari zone for a pinsir. as you probably know, safari zone in the older games worked differently - there was no battling, and you instead had the option to throw bait, throw mud, throw a ball, or run. encountered pokemon would randomly flee from you.
mud made the pokemon easier to catch, but more likely to flee.
bait made the pokemon harder to catch, but less likely to flee.
i found a shiny natu.
i threw bait at it in hopes of keeping it there.
it fled on the first turn.

i will never forget the pain you caused me, gamefreak
in my emerald, i was searching in the safari zone for a pinsir. as you probably know, safari zone in the older games worked differently - there was no battling, and you instead had the option to throw bait, throw mud, throw a ball, or run. encountered pokemon would randomly flee from you.
mud made the pokemon easier to catch, but more likely to flee.
bait made the pokemon harder to catch, but less likely to flee.
i found a shiny natu.
i threw bait at it in hopes of keeping it there.
it fled on the first turn.

i will never forget the pain you caused me, gamefreak
ZVpCPil.png
@commenter

I know, but my ego demands that other people must also know. At all times.

Also, I am haunted by the knowledge that my shiny menagerie is less diverse than it could have been.

But I did not know about this special item. Thank you for informing me!
@commenter

I know, but my ego demands that other people must also know. At all times.

Also, I am haunted by the knowledge that my shiny menagerie is less diverse than it could have been.

But I did not know about this special item. Thank you for informing me!
@Trucy
OH I KNOW THAT PAIN

SHINY CHANSEY IN LEAFGREEN CARTRIDGE

safari zone shinies are always the most painful...

@Katabasis
It's for the Secret Bases. Go to Lilycove City and talk to the game director while you have that gyarados in your party. You should get a poster since that gyarados is from RSE.
@Trucy
OH I KNOW THAT PAIN

SHINY CHANSEY IN LEAFGREEN CARTRIDGE

safari zone shinies are always the most painful...

@Katabasis
It's for the Secret Bases. Go to Lilycove City and talk to the game director while you have that gyarados in your party. You should get a poster since that gyarados is from RSE.
First shiny was a shiny Wingull when EV training back in Ruby. I was looking away when the sparkle happened, but I could faintly just see it in the corner of my eye. Spent a good amount of time just staring at those slightly different wingbands just to convince myself it was a shiny.

Second was my Ditto in Pearl. Was trying to chain up something else on that route and on the first chain the Ditto pops up. Had a heart attack when it transformed into my Staraptor and was trying to Brave Bird itself to death.

Lastly, my Froakie in Y, of which I was breeding for use in Omega Ruby. I was breeding for so long just to get the nature/ability and 2 31 for IV's in SpA and Spe, which was unusual to take so long, but I got a shiny out of it... shame it had Torrent.

My ex had a shiny Graveler self destruct on him, and accidently killed a shiny Mr. Mime. He did manage to capture another shiny Wingull though.
First shiny was a shiny Wingull when EV training back in Ruby. I was looking away when the sparkle happened, but I could faintly just see it in the corner of my eye. Spent a good amount of time just staring at those slightly different wingbands just to convince myself it was a shiny.

Second was my Ditto in Pearl. Was trying to chain up something else on that route and on the first chain the Ditto pops up. Had a heart attack when it transformed into my Staraptor and was trying to Brave Bird itself to death.

Lastly, my Froakie in Y, of which I was breeding for use in Omega Ruby. I was breeding for so long just to get the nature/ability and 2 31 for IV's in SpA and Spe, which was unusual to take so long, but I got a shiny out of it... shame it had Torrent.

My ex had a shiny Graveler self destruct on him, and accidently killed a shiny Mr. Mime. He did manage to capture another shiny Wingull though.
First shiny I ever got was actually in my first ever game, Platinum. I adored that game, still do. I played through it all, and lo and behold, the beautiful ghost dragon at the end game was an unusual colour. Silly me wonders what is going on, why isnt it the same as on the cover? But I catch Giratina anyway, thank god im not that stupid. I talk to my friend later on thinking I might have a pirated version, and she squealed. So yea, RNG gods may not serve me well on FR, but I aint gonna complain getting a shiny Giratina, now called Flufflestuffs, because 13 year old me thought she was funny.

My second shiny was me finally getting a goD DAMN SHINY NOIVERN. I grinded for literally ever, but I finally got one, a female I named after myself. Since Noivern is my second favourite Pokemon after Lugia, like I'm ever going to get a shiny Lugia. But I got two shinies by myself without trading or anything so I'm happy.
First shiny I ever got was actually in my first ever game, Platinum. I adored that game, still do. I played through it all, and lo and behold, the beautiful ghost dragon at the end game was an unusual colour. Silly me wonders what is going on, why isnt it the same as on the cover? But I catch Giratina anyway, thank god im not that stupid. I talk to my friend later on thinking I might have a pirated version, and she squealed. So yea, RNG gods may not serve me well on FR, but I aint gonna complain getting a shiny Giratina, now called Flufflestuffs, because 13 year old me thought she was funny.

My second shiny was me finally getting a goD DAMN SHINY NOIVERN. I grinded for literally ever, but I finally got one, a female I named after myself. Since Noivern is my second favourite Pokemon after Lugia, like I'm ever going to get a shiny Lugia. But I got two shinies by myself without trading or anything so I'm happy.
tastefulmarketing.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6