Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anime recommendations?
1 2 3
@SleepyPoet

i'd recommend attack on titan (shingeki no kyojin), soul eater, neon genesis evangelion and tokyo ghoul

also if you like magical girls yuki yuna wa yusha de aru is good, though there is some unnecessary focus on the bodies of the girls which makes me uncomfortable

eta: a lot of cool stuff has been happening in the bleach manga, so if you do decide to get back into it you should have a good time
@SleepyPoet

i'd recommend attack on titan (shingeki no kyojin), soul eater, neon genesis evangelion and tokyo ghoul

also if you like magical girls yuki yuna wa yusha de aru is good, though there is some unnecessary focus on the bodies of the girls which makes me uncomfortable

eta: a lot of cool stuff has been happening in the bleach manga, so if you do decide to get back into it you should have a good time
BLACK LIVES MATTER
I enjoy Bleach and FMA and the subbed Naruto (his English voice makes me want to kill things).

I will add a vote for Madoka Magicka as well, though. It's a magical girl themed anime, but the story is actually very deep, dark, and thought provoking. It's not happy bunny fluff.

And it's an anime that's been around for a while, but I'd definitely suggest Darker Than Black. It's 24-26 episodes, I forget. I watched it when it was still on Netflix.

Your Lie In April I watched recently, and while it wasn't 'action' oriented it was very human, and both heartwarming and heartwrenching at the same time.

If you have access to Netflix, you should DEFINITELY watch The Seven Deadly Sins. I've only watched it subbed, so I don't know about the English voice acting, but the cast are all diverse and interesting, it's got a good story behind it, lots of action, and the pacing between the serious moments and the comedy was well done.
I enjoy Bleach and FMA and the subbed Naruto (his English voice makes me want to kill things).

I will add a vote for Madoka Magicka as well, though. It's a magical girl themed anime, but the story is actually very deep, dark, and thought provoking. It's not happy bunny fluff.

And it's an anime that's been around for a while, but I'd definitely suggest Darker Than Black. It's 24-26 episodes, I forget. I watched it when it was still on Netflix.

Your Lie In April I watched recently, and while it wasn't 'action' oriented it was very human, and both heartwarming and heartwrenching at the same time.

If you have access to Netflix, you should DEFINITELY watch The Seven Deadly Sins. I've only watched it subbed, so I don't know about the English voice acting, but the cast are all diverse and interesting, it's got a good story behind it, lots of action, and the pacing between the serious moments and the comedy was well done.
Wagons hurt when they bounce off walls and smack into you.
@arashiyama @hybridcomplex @Haisyn

thank you thank you !
@arashiyama @hybridcomplex @Haisyn

thank you thank you !
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
|SLEEPYPOET|
Please ping me or I will probably miss your response
@SamuraiGirl omg I sooo hope you are right about the second season!! it's not listed on myanimelist yet but there has been a petition for it since like forever.
@SamuraiGirl omg I sooo hope you are right about the second season!! it's not listed on myanimelist yet but there has been a petition for it since like forever.
45797576.png
I forgot to give my suggestion to @SleepyPoet in my excitement lol, have you watched Paradise Kiss yet?
I forgot to give my suggestion to @SleepyPoet in my excitement lol, have you watched Paradise Kiss yet?
45797576.png
Princess Jellyfish.

Noein.

Shiki (if you like REAL vampires)

And, my favorite - Mushi Shi.
Princess Jellyfish.

Noein.

Shiki (if you like REAL vampires)

And, my favorite - Mushi Shi.
Vj0BLbc.png
@Libi No I haven't, I actually don't think I've heard of it before
@Libi No I haven't, I actually don't think I've heard of it before
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
|SLEEPYPOET|
Please ping me or I will probably miss your response
I would definitely recommend Baccano. It fulfills all of the criteria and it has an amazing dub (in fact, I would honestly recommend the dub over the sub for this one. The show's setting is in New York and the voice actors' accents help really give it a New York feel). It's also only like 12 (or 14, I can't remember) episodes long, so it's not a huge commitment. There's some light romance, but I don't recall anything overtly sexual (if there was, then I imagine it was brief since I don't remember it).

I would also recommend Natsume's Book of Friends (Natsume Yuujinchou). I absolutely love it and it fulfills all of your criteria except for the diverse cast one. Each episode generally has at least one one-episode character, but the core cast is pretty small. It's a beautiful anime though and the friendships in it are great. It's definitely made me cry a few times.
I would definitely recommend Baccano. It fulfills all of the criteria and it has an amazing dub (in fact, I would honestly recommend the dub over the sub for this one. The show's setting is in New York and the voice actors' accents help really give it a New York feel). It's also only like 12 (or 14, I can't remember) episodes long, so it's not a huge commitment. There's some light romance, but I don't recall anything overtly sexual (if there was, then I imagine it was brief since I don't remember it).

I would also recommend Natsume's Book of Friends (Natsume Yuujinchou). I absolutely love it and it fulfills all of your criteria except for the diverse cast one. Each episode generally has at least one one-episode character, but the core cast is pretty small. It's a beautiful anime though and the friendships in it are great. It's definitely made me cry a few times.
@Ankha
*whispers* Hunter x Hunter is about 150 eps :0

But, OP, I would still recommend it! HxH is my favorite anime of all time. The characters are great, there are no filler episodes at all, and the story is amazing.

I'm going to second Noragami, Haikyuu!!, Madoka Magica, and Ouran. I loved them all :D

Also, a new one: Owari no Seraph! It's about a post-apocalyptic world with vampires and follows two boys who are childhood friends then separated. I won't give away too much, but there is a wonderfully diverse cast with a bunch of cool female characters (none of whom are sexualized!!). The relationship between the main characters might be considered queerbaiting, though, because they are obviously very very gay and it just. isn't. canon >:[ Still, 10/10 would recommend!
@Ankha
*whispers* Hunter x Hunter is about 150 eps :0

But, OP, I would still recommend it! HxH is my favorite anime of all time. The characters are great, there are no filler episodes at all, and the story is amazing.

I'm going to second Noragami, Haikyuu!!, Madoka Magica, and Ouran. I loved them all :D

Also, a new one: Owari no Seraph! It's about a post-apocalyptic world with vampires and follows two boys who are childhood friends then separated. I won't give away too much, but there is a wonderfully diverse cast with a bunch of cool female characters (none of whom are sexualized!!). The relationship between the main characters might be considered queerbaiting, though, because they are obviously very very gay and it just. isn't. canon >:[ Still, 10/10 would recommend!
wp1cEPW.png
@SleepyPoet Haibane Ranmei is good for a short one!
@SleepyPoet Haibane Ranmei is good for a short one!
1468711001v3.png
1 2 3