Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Terraria?
1 2 3
@Ankokou
Oh yes, the maturest of adults xD
tbh I'd do the same lmao but I'm still getting the hang of terraria and getting slaughtered by slimes sob
I have a feeling if my girlfriend were to buy it as well, I'd be much more inclined to play multiplayer, but... she doesn't own it, so we can't. 8C
@Ankokou
Oh yes, the maturest of adults xD
tbh I'd do the same lmao but I'm still getting the hang of terraria and getting slaughtered by slimes sob
I have a feeling if my girlfriend were to buy it as well, I'd be much more inclined to play multiplayer, but... she doesn't own it, so we can't. 8C
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
This is great! XD I'll have to tell my bf about this
This is great! XD I'll have to tell my bf about this
I bought it a while back while it was on sale (because I didn't have the $26.95 to sink into Minecraft) and I like it better than Minecraft, I think. Mostly because I don't have to worry about that third dimension. Lol.
I'm kind of mad, though. I'm not the greatest (or fastest) player, but I had FINALLY gotten to hard mode when I had to reinstall my OS. Lost everything, and now I don't want to do all that work all over again.

But I will. I know I will. Because the game is too much fun not to. I will miss my GPS though. And I might not get killed by the eye of cthulhu fifty million times this go around because I know vaguely what i'm supposed to be doing.

(And because my laptop handles it better than Skyrim, which I also have to start over because I don't feel like reinstalling ALL of my addons I attached to my main character.)
I bought it a while back while it was on sale (because I didn't have the $26.95 to sink into Minecraft) and I like it better than Minecraft, I think. Mostly because I don't have to worry about that third dimension. Lol.
I'm kind of mad, though. I'm not the greatest (or fastest) player, but I had FINALLY gotten to hard mode when I had to reinstall my OS. Lost everything, and now I don't want to do all that work all over again.

But I will. I know I will. Because the game is too much fun not to. I will miss my GPS though. And I might not get killed by the eye of cthulhu fifty million times this go around because I know vaguely what i'm supposed to be doing.

(And because my laptop handles it better than Skyrim, which I also have to start over because I don't feel like reinstalling ALL of my addons I attached to my main character.)
@Nicolas
Keep an eye on Steam during the holiday sales, I've seen Terraria for like $2.50. It's nuts, and is pretty easy to convince someone to pick up a game for that price!

@Breaker
The update has really made it interesting to go through parts of the game you've already done. The changes to the dungeon especially were interesting, and the sky islands are really neat now.
And now you get to be killed by a different part of Cthulhu if you get the "alternate" corruption biome. Yay!(?)

Skyrim absolutely destroys my laptop.
That's one of the things I love about games like Terraria, even though they give my laptop some trouble I can procrastinate on the go. :D (I have a gaming PC and a dumpy laptop for school.)

It's funny though, because like a week before the Terraria update came out I'd just finished updating my Skyrim mods (which had completely broken due to updates and expansions.) It took four days and now I'm not even playing it.
I will though, and I think they are done updating Skyrim so I at least shouldn't have to do it again.
I always have to start a new character though.
@Nicolas
Keep an eye on Steam during the holiday sales, I've seen Terraria for like $2.50. It's nuts, and is pretty easy to convince someone to pick up a game for that price!

@Breaker
The update has really made it interesting to go through parts of the game you've already done. The changes to the dungeon especially were interesting, and the sky islands are really neat now.
And now you get to be killed by a different part of Cthulhu if you get the "alternate" corruption biome. Yay!(?)

Skyrim absolutely destroys my laptop.
That's one of the things I love about games like Terraria, even though they give my laptop some trouble I can procrastinate on the go. :D (I have a gaming PC and a dumpy laptop for school.)

It's funny though, because like a week before the Terraria update came out I'd just finished updating my Skyrim mods (which had completely broken due to updates and expansions.) It took four days and now I'm not even playing it.
I will though, and I think they are done updating Skyrim so I at least shouldn't have to do it again.
I always have to start a new character though.
@Ankokou
Yeah one of my friends bought me it at the 2.50$ price since he had some money left over on his account, I'll have to keep an eye out for when a sale happens again so that I can tell her so she can buy it and we can play :P
@Ankokou
Yeah one of my friends bought me it at the 2.50$ price since he had some money left over on his account, I'll have to keep an eye out for when a sale happens again so that I can tell her so she can buy it and we can play :P
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
@Ankokou
I haven't played since the update. Last time was probably a week before the update came out. I've been looking over the list of additions and improvements and OH MY GOD THE QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS. I hated jumping up a one-block slope. I almost got angry enough to level my whole world because I was so irritated at losing my speed boost constantly. And I hate doing tedious things like that. Pretty much the only boss I actually legitimately planned for was Wall of Flesh, and even then he got summoned prematurely. (Note to self: don't fire your gun wildly while in the underworld.)

Also, Jester arrow crafting aw yeeeeeeeeeeee.

I'm going to have to go play now. Looks so awesome.

Skyrim plays surprisingly well on my laptop. It's not full resolution or max settings, but I can play pretty well, and usually without any lag. Unless it's like a free-for-all melee. Like, I haven't gotten around to Boethiah's quest because after the sacrifice it's just ALL OUT CARNAGE and my processor is crying the whole time.
I hate starting a new character, it's a pain to get to where my main is at. Plus, I can't do magic well, and the one legitimate bow character I have is stuck right after you ride up to Alduin's roost because I can't one-shot Draugr Deathlords and that's the only way I can survive. I basically suck unless I can go up and smash my face against something. Or my shield. My shield works almost as well. However, it makes for tedious gameplay.
@Ankokou
I haven't played since the update. Last time was probably a week before the update came out. I've been looking over the list of additions and improvements and OH MY GOD THE QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS. I hated jumping up a one-block slope. I almost got angry enough to level my whole world because I was so irritated at losing my speed boost constantly. And I hate doing tedious things like that. Pretty much the only boss I actually legitimately planned for was Wall of Flesh, and even then he got summoned prematurely. (Note to self: don't fire your gun wildly while in the underworld.)

Also, Jester arrow crafting aw yeeeeeeeeeeee.

I'm going to have to go play now. Looks so awesome.

Skyrim plays surprisingly well on my laptop. It's not full resolution or max settings, but I can play pretty well, and usually without any lag. Unless it's like a free-for-all melee. Like, I haven't gotten around to Boethiah's quest because after the sacrifice it's just ALL OUT CARNAGE and my processor is crying the whole time.
I hate starting a new character, it's a pain to get to where my main is at. Plus, I can't do magic well, and the one legitimate bow character I have is stuck right after you ride up to Alduin's roost because I can't one-shot Draugr Deathlords and that's the only way I can survive. I basically suck unless I can go up and smash my face against something. Or my shield. My shield works almost as well. However, it makes for tedious gameplay.
Well to be perfectly frank. I have seen my brother play Terraria. And he did say "My birthday gift will be an I.O.U because I'm gonna get ya Terraria.". So I might actually get it.
Well to be perfectly frank. I have seen my brother play Terraria. And he did say "My birthday gift will be an I.O.U because I'm gonna get ya Terraria.". So I might actually get it.
I used to play heaps way before the newest update (which I think looks absolutely amazing oh gosh) but I'm very hesitant to get back into it as I know it will E A T M Y E N T I R E L I F E

OTL
I used to play heaps way before the newest update (which I think looks absolutely amazing oh gosh) but I'm very hesitant to get back into it as I know it will E A T M Y E N T I R E L I F E

OTL
@Breaker
Rope is another great quality update for early game (before you can jump 30 feet and fly.) You can place it or throw a coil of it at a ledge and climb up. It just takes care of a lot of the frustration from pre-grappling hook gameplay. And now you can also make grappling hooks out of gemstones, and gems seem a lot more common. So I didn't even have to farm skeletons and piranha, just deal with a purple hook until I got an Ivy Whip sorted out.

Edit:
Or after you've built a hellevator but before finding a magic mirror. You can go up it nearly (or equally) as fast as falling, and fall by it without it slowing you down. Also pressing up grabs on and can save your life if you are bad a double jump. You just need a ton, but you can find it in pots and merchant has it cheap.

Oh, and many things stack to 999 now. THANK GOD.

@Ashke
What was that? I was too busy playing Terraria and wasn't listening.
Oh well, not important. /back to playing
@Breaker
Rope is another great quality update for early game (before you can jump 30 feet and fly.) You can place it or throw a coil of it at a ledge and climb up. It just takes care of a lot of the frustration from pre-grappling hook gameplay. And now you can also make grappling hooks out of gemstones, and gems seem a lot more common. So I didn't even have to farm skeletons and piranha, just deal with a purple hook until I got an Ivy Whip sorted out.

Edit:
Or after you've built a hellevator but before finding a magic mirror. You can go up it nearly (or equally) as fast as falling, and fall by it without it slowing you down. Also pressing up grabs on and can save your life if you are bad a double jump. You just need a ton, but you can find it in pots and merchant has it cheap.

Oh, and many things stack to 999 now. THANK GOD.

@Ashke
What was that? I was too busy playing Terraria and wasn't listening.
Oh well, not important. /back to playing
@Ankokou

I actually had a hook drop for me pretty darn early so I haven't really had to worry too much about rope insofar. I had a grappling hook about a half hour in. (So much faster compared to my previous three hours ohmygod.) I did make a rope going up to my walkway going between the floating islands though. My tailor wound up moving in to one of them and I don't feel like adding yet another level to my NPC tower.

I've actually been really enjoying the new magic staves made from metal and gems. I haven't found any diamonds yet (mostly through not feeling like digging down to where they are. I have a map, they're just in places I don't feel like digging to at the moment. D;) so I've been using the emerald/tungsten one. (Because my world spawned with no gold QQ) I have more platinum than I know what to do with, but I'm at the point that I'm farming obsidian and hellstone so it's kind of a useless metal now lol.

I already have a magic mirror as well; finding one is my primary mission when I first start the game. I'm overflowing with duplicate accessories though. I need to hunt down my goblin so I can combine some of these things. I want to climb walls and have multi-jump madness. (I found climbing claws in one of my first chests as well, so rope's usefulness was sort of dampened right off the bat.)
@Ankokou

I actually had a hook drop for me pretty darn early so I haven't really had to worry too much about rope insofar. I had a grappling hook about a half hour in. (So much faster compared to my previous three hours ohmygod.) I did make a rope going up to my walkway going between the floating islands though. My tailor wound up moving in to one of them and I don't feel like adding yet another level to my NPC tower.

I've actually been really enjoying the new magic staves made from metal and gems. I haven't found any diamonds yet (mostly through not feeling like digging down to where they are. I have a map, they're just in places I don't feel like digging to at the moment. D;) so I've been using the emerald/tungsten one. (Because my world spawned with no gold QQ) I have more platinum than I know what to do with, but I'm at the point that I'm farming obsidian and hellstone so it's kind of a useless metal now lol.

I already have a magic mirror as well; finding one is my primary mission when I first start the game. I'm overflowing with duplicate accessories though. I need to hunt down my goblin so I can combine some of these things. I want to climb walls and have multi-jump madness. (I found climbing claws in one of my first chests as well, so rope's usefulness was sort of dampened right off the bat.)
1 2 3