Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Efficient Familiar Bonding '20ed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
nice method, ive been doing one at a time then getting to the last dragon and then i start to click change familiar and go through the ones in my inventory since i have more familiars than dragons

I do have one question though,
once they hit awaken do the familiars give us any boost, or something beneficial? or is it just bragging rights and so forth?

Thanks again
and lovely post
<3
Solitare
nice method, ive been doing one at a time then getting to the last dragon and then i start to click change familiar and go through the ones in my inventory since i have more familiars than dragons

I do have one question though,
once they hit awaken do the familiars give us any boost, or something beneficial? or is it just bragging rights and so forth?

Thanks again
and lovely post
<3
Solitare
@CrimsonWerewolf
I've been using this method for a couple weeks, and it works great! And now that I have more familiars than dragons, I'll be trying the hoard familiar bonding tomorrow! <3 Thanks so much for making this guide, I really appreciate it.
@CrimsonWerewolf
I've been using this method for a couple weeks, and it works great! And now that I have more familiars than dragons, I'll be trying the hoard familiar bonding tomorrow! <3 Thanks so much for making this guide, I really appreciate it.
TyYgOYZ.png Hey, one of these days
We'll all get by
Don't be afraid
Don't fall in line

- Mac Miller - Blue World (explicit)
FR+2 - Boss Quest - Ping @Virtualhel
@Solitare Nope, an awakened familiar is mostly just bragging rights! They still give you 50 treasure for clicking on them (which can add up if you have a lot) but that's about all they're useful for.

@Virtualhel No problem! Glad it's been useful for you :D
@Solitare Nope, an awakened familiar is mostly just bragging rights! They still give you 50 treasure for clicking on them (which can add up if you have a lot) but that's about all they're useful for.

@Virtualhel No problem! Glad it's been useful for you :D
jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

8yJJEur.pngVZGtQue.png8KQXC3X.pngL2fmqQ8.pngwC1KtX9.png6H6WBlh.png

@CrimsonWerewolf

can I just say I LOVE YOU!!!

I would never have thought of doing it this way on my own, too bad I already bonded with my familars today otherwise I could go try out my new "toy"!

I'm getting overwhelmed by the extra familiars I have and I was debating not bonding with them until I start getting some awaked ones and filling their spots
@CrimsonWerewolf

can I just say I LOVE YOU!!!

I would never have thought of doing it this way on my own, too bad I already bonded with my familars today otherwise I could go try out my new "toy"!

I'm getting overwhelmed by the extra familiars I have and I was debating not bonding with them until I start getting some awaked ones and filling their spots
My Coli Vista Quest progress
Vista: Boreal Wood II Vista: Ghostlight Ruins Vista: Mire Vista: Kelp Beds Vista: Forbidden Portal only
two
left!!!
*o*
@CrimsonWerewolf
i've been through lots and lots of torture when it comes to bonding with my zoo
so i crossed my fingers and hoped for a good guide for this- and oh, i lOVE YOU
thank you so much for putting this together and throwing it out here to help everyone out, really appreciate it! (\v/)
@CrimsonWerewolf
i've been through lots and lots of torture when it comes to bonding with my zoo
so i crossed my fingers and hoped for a good guide for this- and oh, i lOVE YOU
thank you so much for putting this together and throwing it out here to help everyone out, really appreciate it! (\v/)
..................................... MUYNhfy.png
dEe2UrM.png

5hF3FGk.png
7Y0SkWr.png Np4NxIR.png
HZSRMw5.png
nL26Ewd.png
This seems like a good alternative to the usual grind.

I do something slightly different. I start at the first dragon on my lair and just click forward through the first 50, then bond with the familiars backwards. The nice thing is I can just keep one hand on the backspace button and pretty much zoom through the whole collection without having to move my mouse much.

For the in-hoard familiars, I'm not sure I get the appeal of opening a second window, since you still have to refresh the main window over and over again, but it probably amounts to the same number of button clicks and just clicking backspace and forward, so...*shrug*
This seems like a good alternative to the usual grind.

I do something slightly different. I start at the first dragon on my lair and just click forward through the first 50, then bond with the familiars backwards. The nice thing is I can just keep one hand on the backspace button and pretty much zoom through the whole collection without having to move my mouse much.

For the in-hoard familiars, I'm not sure I get the appeal of opening a second window, since you still have to refresh the main window over and over again, but it probably amounts to the same number of button clicks and just clicking backspace and forward, so...*shrug*
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
@CrimsonWerewolf Thank you thank you thank you!

It usually takes me fifteen to twenty minutes to get through 7 pages of familiar'd dragons. Most of that is because about a page in Firefox lags until finally I just close it, reopen and start again from where I left off. Sometimes that doesn't help much. I dunno why...it's just when I do familiars. Which is what prompted me to see if others have this problem...

This thread came up (nothing about the lag issue) but it did solve my problem. No more laggy loads after every click, and I did my familiars in just a couple of minutes. And I also learned keyboard shortcuts I didn't know. :)

@Viciouscurse @Sealeo Thought you two might like this, given our convo about this the other day! :D
@CrimsonWerewolf Thank you thank you thank you!

It usually takes me fifteen to twenty minutes to get through 7 pages of familiar'd dragons. Most of that is because about a page in Firefox lags until finally I just close it, reopen and start again from where I left off. Sometimes that doesn't help much. I dunno why...it's just when I do familiars. Which is what prompted me to see if others have this problem...

This thread came up (nothing about the lag issue) but it did solve my problem. No more laggy loads after every click, and I did my familiars in just a couple of minutes. And I also learned keyboard shortcuts I didn't know. :)

@Viciouscurse @Sealeo Thought you two might like this, given our convo about this the other day! :D
lGriifT.png
@Stormhawke !!!! I'm so glad! :D

I have noticed that FR can have a higher tendency to lag when ads are available; I will often turn my adblocker on while I do familiars so that everything loads a little faster, then turn it back off while I browse the rest of the site. You might want to try that out as well! You can just google "adblock" and i believe one of the more reputable ones is called 'adblocker plus.'
@Stormhawke !!!! I'm so glad! :D

I have noticed that FR can have a higher tendency to lag when ads are available; I will often turn my adblocker on while I do familiars so that everything loads a little faster, then turn it back off while I browse the rest of the site. You might want to try that out as well! You can just google "adblock" and i believe one of the more reputable ones is called 'adblocker plus.'
jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

@CrimsonWerewolf I was having way too much trouble with lagging ads anywhere in FF, so I run an adblocker all the time. :)

@CrimsonWerewolf I was having way too much trouble with lagging ads anywhere in FF, so I run an adblocker all the time. :)

lGriifT.png
@stormhawke oh, lol; well at least we know it helps with lag a little :'D
@stormhawke oh, lol; well at least we know it helps with lag a little :'D
jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10