Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot Skin Discussion & Chatter
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 69 70
For all the people wondering about why this contest seems to have no holds barred, I noticed yesterday that flightrising IS labeled as T for teen on the front page, so I would assume that anything that would be allowed in a pg-13 movie would be valid here, though admittedly there are some skins that are more gorey/freaky than that. But that's likely why they didn't put a ban on goreyness!
For all the people wondering about why this contest seems to have no holds barred, I noticed yesterday that flightrising IS labeled as T for teen on the front page, so I would assume that anything that would be allowed in a pg-13 movie would be valid here, though admittedly there are some skins that are more gorey/freaky than that. But that's likely why they didn't put a ban on goreyness!
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
@Jerkiraffe keep your comments to this page not on the entry page please
@Jerkiraffe keep your comments to this page not on the entry page please
FC: 0232-8823-3162 Name: Kat
Version: X, Y, Alpha Sapphire
Vivillion Pattern: High Plains Pattern
Safari : Fairy - Swirlix, Togepi and Floette
[quote name="Septica" date="2013-10-06 02:43:18"] @Tigeria THIS. @^@ pretty. I just don't know if the lineart is untouched. It seems to be "bleached" a little. I'd be sad not to see this skin being taken into consideration by the judges because of lineart issues.[/quote] [quote name="Tavaris" date="2013-10-06 10:28:55"] I also noticed this, because: "The line art must always be noticibly darker than the color on which it rests. Line art may be tinted or painted (lock the line art layer to preserve transparency.) Line art that is the same shade or a ligher color will not be accepted." /quoted from rules @Tigeria Love your skin, but mind this! I'm feeling veery insecure and I'm afraid this might be a problem. @derangedhyena I sign what the others have said. WANT.[/quote] Sorry its taken some time to get to your comments. Pinging seems to hate me. I only got a notice for the quote. Looking at my skin on a different computer I realized I uploaded the wrong version, and my contrast is off on my laptop, way off. I've since then corrected that problem. Thank you for telling me it was off! I wouldn't have checked otherwise. So again thank you both~
Septica wrote on 2013-10-06 02:43:18:
@Tigeria
THIS. @^@ pretty.

I just don't know if the lineart is untouched. It seems to be "bleached" a little.
I'd be sad not to see this skin being taken into consideration by the judges because of lineart issues.
Tavaris wrote on 2013-10-06 10:28:55:

I also noticed this, because: "The line art must always be noticibly darker than the color on which it rests. Line art may be tinted or painted (lock the line art layer to preserve transparency.) Line art that is the same shade or a ligher color will not be accepted." /quoted from rules
@Tigeria Love your skin, but mind this! I'm feeling veery insecure and I'm afraid this might be a problem.

@derangedhyena I sign what the others have said. WANT.

Sorry its taken some time to get to your comments. Pinging seems to hate me. I only got a notice for the quote. Looking at my skin on a different computer I realized I uploaded the wrong version, and my contrast is off on my laptop, way off. I've since then corrected that problem. Thank you for telling me it was off! I wouldn't have checked otherwise. So again thank you both~
@HighbloodLegend keep your comments to this page please not on the entry page
@HighbloodLegend keep your comments to this page please not on the entry page
FC: 0232-8823-3162 Name: Kat
Version: X, Y, Alpha Sapphire
Vivillion Pattern: High Plains Pattern
Safari : Fairy - Swirlix, Togepi and Floette
@MoeFox
Man I really like that Sinner's Smile skin! Definitely adding it to my list of favourites~
@MoeFox
Man I really like that Sinner's Smile skin! Definitely adding it to my list of favourites~
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
So many wonderful entries....This is my first time entering I feel some what intimidated..lol
So many wonderful entries....This is my first time entering I feel some what intimidated..lol
I wonder how many people doing day of the dead themed skins 1. Belong to that culture 2. Realize that is doesn't even take place in October
I wonder how many people doing day of the dead themed skins 1. Belong to that culture 2. Realize that is doesn't even take place in October
@mospark

Kinda wondering the same thing, lol.

>" b-but,it's halloweeeen. so day of the dead must be the same thing, right?"
@mospark

Kinda wondering the same thing, lol.

>" b-but,it's halloweeeen. so day of the dead must be the same thing, right?"
vpuvys.gif
Isn't it a bit patronising to suggest the creators of those skins know absolutely nothing of the day of the dead?
I don't personally think they fit with the theme of this contest, especially as (in my headcanon at least) plague would have little respect, and probably even spite for the dead, as what use is a dead dragon to fight in dominance wars etc.
But that argument's a little below the belt. You could at least... I dunno, ask the artists themselves why they submitted them instead of suggesting they're too stupid to realise there's a difference between FR holidays/Halloween/Day of the Dead
Isn't it a bit patronising to suggest the creators of those skins know absolutely nothing of the day of the dead?
I don't personally think they fit with the theme of this contest, especially as (in my headcanon at least) plague would have little respect, and probably even spite for the dead, as what use is a dead dragon to fight in dominance wars etc.
But that argument's a little below the belt. You could at least... I dunno, ask the artists themselves why they submitted them instead of suggesting they're too stupid to realise there's a difference between FR holidays/Halloween/Day of the Dead
-=⌠A▼▲A▼▲⌡=-
@mospark @XinXiao

RoR goes until November 2nd so it still happens at the same time as Day of the Dead but...it still has nothing to do with either real world holidays

Both Halloween and Day of the Dead are holidays dedicated to remembering and honoring the dead...which I'm pretty sure Plague cares nothing about. They're more about honoring those who survive, not those who die...unless you consider being tossed into the Wyrmwound to be an honor (I wouldn't put it past some Plague dragons to feel that way lol)...then, I suppose so? *shrugs*
@mospark @XinXiao

RoR goes until November 2nd so it still happens at the same time as Day of the Dead but...it still has nothing to do with either real world holidays

Both Halloween and Day of the Dead are holidays dedicated to remembering and honoring the dead...which I'm pretty sure Plague cares nothing about. They're more about honoring those who survive, not those who die...unless you consider being tossed into the Wyrmwound to be an honor (I wouldn't put it past some Plague dragons to feel that way lol)...then, I suppose so? *shrugs*
Ov6s8Mc.png
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 69 70