Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Emperor Dragon Raids(?)
1 2
So, reading through the page on Imperial Dragons, at the bottom about Emperors, I read this interesting bit.

'It may take the combined efforts of many clans to bring down an aberration of this magnitude; these dangerous opponents are one of the few creatures that may draw the gods from their shrines and onto a battlefield.'

It makes me think of those mobile type games where every player in a server can get on and deal damage, as much as they can in like, five-ten turns. Maybe every so often an Emperor appears, and anyone around can go after the Emperor, and depending on contributions, certain rewards could be presented? I have no idea what a good reward would be, but I think there might be hope for this idea.
So, reading through the page on Imperial Dragons, at the bottom about Emperors, I read this interesting bit.

'It may take the combined efforts of many clans to bring down an aberration of this magnitude; these dangerous opponents are one of the few creatures that may draw the gods from their shrines and onto a battlefield.'

It makes me think of those mobile type games where every player in a server can get on and deal damage, as much as they can in like, five-ten turns. Maybe every so often an Emperor appears, and anyone around can go after the Emperor, and depending on contributions, certain rewards could be presented? I have no idea what a good reward would be, but I think there might be hope for this idea.
OOOOhh i like this
OOOOhh i like this
@Redamancy
Thank you c:
Obviously, not an original idea, just something that could do well in this medium.
@Redamancy
Thank you c:
Obviously, not an original idea, just something that could do well in this medium.
@Bonecaster
this sounds alot like a thing done on another site i use to play on, but instead of having the same boss it was a bunch that added up to a spread out boss??? there was a leaderboard and the winners got prizes
it was pretty fun : o
if something like this does get implimented, it should have the same leader board system, but the points are damage points
and to make it fair, maybe only allow lv ones? so everyone who doesnt have lv 25s can get a chance
@Bonecaster
this sounds alot like a thing done on another site i use to play on, but instead of having the same boss it was a bunch that added up to a spread out boss??? there was a leaderboard and the winners got prizes
it was pretty fun : o
if something like this does get implimented, it should have the same leader board system, but the points are damage points
and to make it fair, maybe only allow lv ones? so everyone who doesnt have lv 25s can get a chance
@Redamancy
I think everyone should be able to take part, regardless of level. I dunno how it would work though, honestly.
@Redamancy
I think everyone should be able to take part, regardless of level. I dunno how it would work though, honestly.
I like it! I always wanted some thing like that though i joined in march=)
I like it! I always wanted some thing like that though i joined in march=)
I support it! But how about level scaling instead? Like 1 point in a level 1 instance of the fight is worth like 100 to a higher level version. Though I think that higher level teams should get some kind of advantage. A lot of time is spent training dragons to level 25 and I don't think that time should be seen as a bad thing.
I support it! But how about level scaling instead? Like 1 point in a level 1 instance of the fight is worth like 100 to a higher level version. Though I think that higher level teams should get some kind of advantage. A lot of time is spent training dragons to level 25 and I don't think that time should be seen as a bad thing.
Support! It would give me more reason to level more dragons for things other than farming and exalt leveling, as well as give more life to the coliseum!

@BlackJack879
I was about to bring up level scaling, haha
I know higher levelled dragons have the advantage of being able to use more battle stones than a level 1, but after that...
Maybe an easy/medium/hard mode? Easy would be recommended for dragons level, say, 1-10, medium for 10-20, and hard for 20-25! A higher level dragon will do more damage than others in it's group and reap better rewards, but higher groups get better rewards for participation and damage!

I can see a few problems though- What determines how often someone can fight an emperor? If there's a time limit and multiple people use the same build, I can see people tying for a first place prize (Unless prizes are handed out by a total score, where if you get a certain number or percent of damage off, you get a certain reward?)
And using up energy might make some people a little irritated, since that could cost them food points and money.
Also, maybe have a restriction that prohibits dragons participating in modes they're overleveled for (i.e. A level 25 cannot participate in an easy mode fight)

And last thing I just thought of, what counts as a turn? If stats are distributed right, some dragons can attack multiple times before another can do anything. Maybe have it involve how many times either your dragons or the emperor makes an action? Just an idea.

tl;dr I 100% support the idea, but there are some questions that would need answering!
Support! It would give me more reason to level more dragons for things other than farming and exalt leveling, as well as give more life to the coliseum!

@BlackJack879
I was about to bring up level scaling, haha
I know higher levelled dragons have the advantage of being able to use more battle stones than a level 1, but after that...
Maybe an easy/medium/hard mode? Easy would be recommended for dragons level, say, 1-10, medium for 10-20, and hard for 20-25! A higher level dragon will do more damage than others in it's group and reap better rewards, but higher groups get better rewards for participation and damage!

I can see a few problems though- What determines how often someone can fight an emperor? If there's a time limit and multiple people use the same build, I can see people tying for a first place prize (Unless prizes are handed out by a total score, where if you get a certain number or percent of damage off, you get a certain reward?)
And using up energy might make some people a little irritated, since that could cost them food points and money.
Also, maybe have a restriction that prohibits dragons participating in modes they're overleveled for (i.e. A level 25 cannot participate in an easy mode fight)

And last thing I just thought of, what counts as a turn? If stats are distributed right, some dragons can attack multiple times before another can do anything. Maybe have it involve how many times either your dragons or the emperor makes an action? Just an idea.

tl;dr I 100% support the idea, but there are some questions that would need answering!
@PAlbatross
That sounds like a pretty good idea! Though I'd think it'd be best if there wasn't any added restrictions to how many times you could battle the emperor. I think that the loosing resulting in that energy loss is more or less sufficient? What about instead of there being a single contest there could be tiers? Like a top 10 for each different mode. That way you could possibly even eliminate the (no doubt) complicated per level scaling. So if you have easy, intermediate, and hard modes with top lists for each. Depending on where people rank they could get different prizes with each modes tier having increasingly better prizes.
@PAlbatross
That sounds like a pretty good idea! Though I'd think it'd be best if there wasn't any added restrictions to how many times you could battle the emperor. I think that the loosing resulting in that energy loss is more or less sufficient? What about instead of there being a single contest there could be tiers? Like a top 10 for each different mode. That way you could possibly even eliminate the (no doubt) complicated per level scaling. So if you have easy, intermediate, and hard modes with top lists for each. Depending on where people rank they could get different prizes with each modes tier having increasingly better prizes.
Ooh that's a great idea! Support
Ooh that's a great idea! Support
1 2