Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Is it okay to collect toys/figure?
1 2 3 4 5
Might be a little late to the party, but- I'm 21, I have a large collection of stuffed animals, lots of random toys, and I also spend 200 USD on a doll sooo.... Yeah. Never be ashamed to like what you like. You can have "toys" at any age, and who ever thinks your too old for them has just forgotten that life is meant to be enjoyed, not to fit it with the "main stream".

Enjoy your figures and toys!
Might be a little late to the party, but- I'm 21, I have a large collection of stuffed animals, lots of random toys, and I also spend 200 USD on a doll sooo.... Yeah. Never be ashamed to like what you like. You can have "toys" at any age, and who ever thinks your too old for them has just forgotten that life is meant to be enjoyed, not to fit it with the "main stream".

Enjoy your figures and toys!
Kenny
21 years old
They/Them
tumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gif
I'm 24 years old and I collect wooden Dala-horses, stuffed dolphins and anything pink/glittery that is even remotely unicorn related. My spouse is 23 and he collects stuffed wolfs and foxes, he really loves those super small ones that you can fit into your palm.

I think it's pretty safe to say that you are normal :3
I'm 24 years old and I collect wooden Dala-horses, stuffed dolphins and anything pink/glittery that is even remotely unicorn related. My spouse is 23 and he collects stuffed wolfs and foxes, he really loves those super small ones that you can fit into your palm.

I think it's pretty safe to say that you are normal :3
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
@Cave
I collect plenty of toys and figures! I love them. And I'm 20.
There's no reason to be embarresed.
Sometimes I also doubt about is because isn't it childish? But I think not. Adults create them right? xD
You are never too old for stuff you like :)

@Srewolf
You are the kind of person I like!
@Cave
I collect plenty of toys and figures! I love them. And I'm 20.
There's no reason to be embarresed.
Sometimes I also doubt about is because isn't it childish? But I think not. Adults create them right? xD
You are never too old for stuff you like :)

@Srewolf
You are the kind of person I like!
I live in my own little world. It's ok. They know me here.
@cave I'm 21 going on 22, and I have all sorts of figures, collectibles, plushies, as well as video games and stuff XD

Don't be embarrassed, like whatever you like and don't listen to haters ^^
@cave I'm 21 going on 22, and I have all sorts of figures, collectibles, plushies, as well as video games and stuff XD

Don't be embarrassed, like whatever you like and don't listen to haters ^^
eUMhm7B.png
Toys seem to be accebtable items to collect when you're a kid or when you're an adult.

Unfortunately, teenagers typically care so much about appearing grown up that the desire to do so becames almost childish. As such, they often reject things they enjoy simply because of how they think others with this same mindset will perceive them.

If you want to collect toys and figures, collect toys and figures. You'll regret getting rid of your collection when you're grown up enough to realise that what you enjoy or collect is not a reflection of your maturity.

For the record, I'm 30 and I have an expansive and extremely valuable collection of toys and figures that I'm extremely glad that I kept hold of and continued to buy throughout my teens! I have friends who always kick themselves when they think of how much their stuff would be worth now if they hadn't thrown or given it away in a fit of "But it's for kids"!
Toys seem to be accebtable items to collect when you're a kid or when you're an adult.

Unfortunately, teenagers typically care so much about appearing grown up that the desire to do so becames almost childish. As such, they often reject things they enjoy simply because of how they think others with this same mindset will perceive them.

If you want to collect toys and figures, collect toys and figures. You'll regret getting rid of your collection when you're grown up enough to realise that what you enjoy or collect is not a reflection of your maturity.

For the record, I'm 30 and I have an expansive and extremely valuable collection of toys and figures that I'm extremely glad that I kept hold of and continued to buy throughout my teens! I have friends who always kick themselves when they think of how much their stuff would be worth now if they hadn't thrown or given it away in a fit of "But it's for kids"!
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I'm almost 15 and I have sooo many stuffed animals from when I was younger, including a few Build-A-Bears and some adorable handmade animals. I got a Toothless for Christmas c: I'm also starting to collect dragon statues and figurines, and I have some Lego models and Skylanders on shelves in my bedroom. I've got a headless Jet-Vac and a Flashwing that's missing one wing, but my Drobot is intact and fully upgraded ingame, thankfully. I was forced to give up some of my old plushies to my sister but we do live in the same house because I'm the oldest of three kids and I'm not old enough to have a house of my own xD Last year I bought a Schleich crocodile that opens and shuts its mouth and I take it into school to use as a paperweight sometimes. Me and my friends named it Crackodile q: I've been in a shop down the street where I like that sells loads of Schleich stuff and I've been almost tempted on more than one occasion to buy one of the Spinosaurus ones they have... I guess I should go and rescue some of my old Schleich stuff from our toyboxes lmao
I'm almost 15 and I have sooo many stuffed animals from when I was younger, including a few Build-A-Bears and some adorable handmade animals. I got a Toothless for Christmas c: I'm also starting to collect dragon statues and figurines, and I have some Lego models and Skylanders on shelves in my bedroom. I've got a headless Jet-Vac and a Flashwing that's missing one wing, but my Drobot is intact and fully upgraded ingame, thankfully. I was forced to give up some of my old plushies to my sister but we do live in the same house because I'm the oldest of three kids and I'm not old enough to have a house of my own xD Last year I bought a Schleich crocodile that opens and shuts its mouth and I take it into school to use as a paperweight sometimes. Me and my friends named it Crackodile q: I've been in a shop down the street where I like that sells loads of Schleich stuff and I've been almost tempted on more than one occasion to buy one of the Spinosaurus ones they have... I guess I should go and rescue some of my old Schleich stuff from our toyboxes lmao
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
1 2 3 4 5