Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Buy enough food to feed your dragons.
Hi everyone! This explanation may get a little jumbled, it's late, sorry!

Basically I just thought that if for example my fed percentage was at 98%, and if I didn't have quite enough food, I could BUY the remaining food I need to top up my dragons? Here I mean rather than search for stacks in the AH, if we could buy the food directly for our dragons to eat without having to convert it first, so it goes straight to dragon (At maybe the sell price of the individual food item)?
I know there is gathering available, yet this isn't always enough food for my dragons - and as for the coli, well, sometimes that doesn't work for me cause the server is acting funny.

I appreciate most people probably won't like this, it was just a jumbled thought of mine. Thoughts? :)

Basically I just thought that if for example my fed percentage was at 98%, and if I didn't have quite enough food, I could BUY the remaining food I need to top up my dragons? Here I mean rather than search for stacks in the AH, if we could buy the food directly for our dragons to eat without having to convert it first, so it goes straight to dragon (At maybe the sell price of the individual food item)?
I know there is gathering available, yet this isn't always enough food for my dragons - and as for the coli, well, sometimes that doesn't work for me cause the server is acting funny.

I appreciate most people probably won't like this, it was just a jumbled thought of mine. Thoughts? :)
Call me Thorn :) He/Him

Lil rainbow boi, me
[quote name="Dreifach" date=2016-03-24 18:11:35] Hi everyone! This explanation may get a little jumbled, it's late, sorry! Basically I just thought that if for example my fed percentage was at 98%, and if I didn't have quite enough food, I could BUY the remaining food I need to top up my dragons? Here I mean rather than search for stacks in the AH, if we could buy the food directly for our dragons to eat without having to convert it first, so it goes straight to dragon (At maybe the sell price of the individual food item)? I know there is gathering available, yet this isn't always enough food for my dragons - and as for the coli, well, sometimes that doesn't work for me cause the server is acting funny. I appreciate most people probably won't like this, it was just a jumbled thought of mine. Thoughts? :) [/quote] Sadly, while the idea is nice, I wouldn't support this, because there are people whose main source of treasure is from selling the food stacks they farm in the Coliseum, for people that can't be bothered doing Coli, there's always the Fairgrounds where they can get more then enough treasure to support the dragons in their lair by buying food from other members. If the item is at the sell price of the individual food item, people who make money off selling stacks of food to other members would no longer have that business, unless they sell at a loss which I doubt they'd do when they could hoard sell the food they get and get more treasure, and they already have more than enough food converted for their own dragons.
Dreifach wrote on 2016-03-24:

Sadly, while the idea is nice, I wouldn't support this, because there are people whose main source of treasure is from selling the food stacks they farm in the Coliseum, for people that can't be bothered doing Coli, there's always the Fairgrounds where they can get more then enough treasure to support the dragons in their lair by buying food from other members.

If the item is at the sell price of the individual food item, people who make money off selling stacks of food to other members would no longer have that business, unless they sell at a loss which I doubt they'd do when they could hoard sell the food they get and get more treasure, and they already have more than enough food converted for their own dragons.
I'm one of those people Dorugamon mentioned. I can't support this because it would harm many people's incomes.

In part, I think a problem is there's so many food items. Gather, Coli--people wind up with five each of thirty different items rather than thirty each of five different items. It makes things more time consuming to convert and sell. As FR expands its item base, this'll become worse (including Baldwin/Swipp items getting washed out). I wonder if there's a way FR could streamline all the different food items to make it easier to convert and/or sell. Maybe users could sell food points directly? But even non-Baldwin/Swipp foods of the same point value sell for different prices, so I'm not sure...
I'm one of those people Dorugamon mentioned. I can't support this because it would harm many people's incomes.

In part, I think a problem is there's so many food items. Gather, Coli--people wind up with five each of thirty different items rather than thirty each of five different items. It makes things more time consuming to convert and sell. As FR expands its item base, this'll become worse (including Baldwin/Swipp items getting washed out). I wonder if there's a way FR could streamline all the different food items to make it easier to convert and/or sell. Maybe users could sell food points directly? But even non-Baldwin/Swipp foods of the same point value sell for different prices, so I'm not sure...
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support for reasons already listed. I have 100 dragons and I keep them fed just fine, it takes Gathering as well as buying them from the AH and grinding the Coliseum.

If you're still having troubles I recommend searching your Flight Discussion Forum and Sales Forum for a food bank of sorts. Ice has one and the last time I brought this up I think other people said their flights had one too, I just don't recall which.
No support for reasons already listed. I have 100 dragons and I keep them fed just fine, it takes Gathering as well as buying them from the AH and grinding the Coliseum.

If you're still having troubles I recommend searching your Flight Discussion Forum and Sales Forum for a food bank of sorts. Ice has one and the last time I brought this up I think other people said their flights had one too, I just don't recall which.
w2GVor2.jpg