Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Does this mean what I think it means?
1 2
There have definitely been some deity comments in flight forums during dom battles that implied there were actual fighting going on. One that comes to mind is something from the Lightweaver that was along the lines of "send in more troops, we need to send reinforcements to the western flank!".
There have definitely been some deity comments in flight forums during dom battles that implied there were actual fighting going on. One that comes to mind is something from the Lightweaver that was along the lines of "send in more troops, we need to send reinforcements to the western flank!".
ZT1GQLd.png
Mirrors always smile like that, so.
Mirrors always smile like that, so.
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
'The realm is embroiled in a perpetual conflict called Dominance.'

Every element is at war with each other trying to control the world.
If the element is dominant during the week it means it has more control over the world in general and expanded territories. I've never seen the gods as allies or friends outside of the Shade menace... they want this world as theirs, and we are their army... to breed, spread and conquer. To take what is rightfully ours.
'The realm is embroiled in a perpetual conflict called Dominance.'

Every element is at war with each other trying to control the world.
If the element is dominant during the week it means it has more control over the world in general and expanded territories. I've never seen the gods as allies or friends outside of the Shade menace... they want this world as theirs, and we are their army... to breed, spread and conquer. To take what is rightfully ours.
XTgWYyz.pnggPpaGUw.png
I'm an unbelievable nerd for saying this, but... This actually sounds like the three superstates of George Orwell's [i]1984[/i]. From [i]The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism[/i], a political encyclopedia of sorts written into [i]1984[/i]: [quote]In one combination or another, these three super-states are permanently at war, and have been so for the past twenty-five years. War, however, is no longer the desperate, annihilating struggle that it was in the early decades of the twentieth century. [u]It is a warfare of limited aims between combatants who are unable to destroy one another, have no material cause for fighting and are not divided by any genuine ideological difference.[/u][/quote] If what's been stated in this thread is true and dominance is in fact a battle over disputed territories for no manifested reason, then Sornieth may be a lot more dystopian than I'd like to think.
I'm an unbelievable nerd for saying this, but...
This actually sounds like the three superstates of George Orwell's 1984.

From The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism, a political encyclopedia of sorts written into 1984:
Quote:
In one combination or another, these three super-states are permanently at war, and have been so for the past twenty-five years. War, however, is no longer the desperate, annihilating struggle that it was in the early decades of the twentieth century. It is a warfare of limited aims between combatants who are unable to destroy one another, have no material cause for fighting and are not divided by any genuine ideological difference.

If what's been stated in this thread is true and dominance is in fact a battle over disputed territories for no manifested reason, then Sornieth may be a lot more dystopian than I'd like to think.
[quote name="chespin" date=2016-03-17 18:11:34] I headcanon that it's actually a huge dungeons and dragons game. [/quote]
chespin wrote on 2016-03-17:
I headcanon that it's actually a huge dungeons and dragons game.
♥♥♥♥♥ AYZQQJX.gif hewwo black holes

art shop
DISCORD/CHY
HE/HIM
PING ME
toyhouse
hewwo black holes 19135259_VtKZb6nf8O405md.gif
[quote name="chespin" date=2016-03-17 18:11:34] I headcanon that it's actually a huge dungeons and dragons game. [/quote] This.

This.
[quote name="Samayl" date=2016-03-17 18:30:27] On the Dominance page it reads: [quote=] Dominance is determined by a flight's dedication to exalting dragons. [u]These dragons leave their home lairs to forever serve under their elemental deity, using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes.[/u] [/quote] So, in short, yes. It's flights fighting each other and the beastclans. Dragons serve the deity, but in a sense, they're going to war. I imagine that little scuffles happen between flights (profit pushes), and when two flights are contesting against each other in really heated battles those are conquest battles. This generally means they're fighting over territory in my opinion, although it may also be for things such as simple and petty as one deity being insulted by another. [/quote] But, like... how. Geographically. It doesn't make any sense that Ice and Nature would have a territory battle in the first place, they're literally on opposite sides of the globe and would have to cover hostile territory just to get to the other side.
Samayl wrote on 2016-03-17:

On the Dominance page it reads:
wrote:
Dominance is determined by a flight's dedication to exalting dragons. These dragons leave their home lairs to forever serve under their elemental deity, using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes.

So, in short, yes. It's flights fighting each other and the beastclans. Dragons serve the deity, but in a sense, they're going to war.

I imagine that little scuffles happen between flights (profit pushes), and when two flights are contesting against each other in really heated battles those are conquest battles. This generally means they're fighting over territory in my opinion, although it may also be for things such as simple and petty as one deity being insulted by another.

But, like... how. Geographically. It doesn't make any sense that Ice and Nature would have a territory battle in the first place, they're literally on opposite sides of the globe and would have to cover hostile territory just to get to the other side.
[quote name="chespin" date=2016-03-17 18:11:34] I headcanon that it's actually a huge dungeons and dragons game. [/quote] As a real-life DM, I pity the Sornieth DM that has to wrangle [i]that[/i] game.

As a real-life DM, I pity the Sornieth DM that has to wrangle that game.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
... this is really exciting to imagine honestly
... this is really exciting to imagine honestly
1 2