Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breeding Cooldowns
1 2 3 4 5
Hi im new to flight rising.
I have followded you on youtube and did a smal donation in kickstart stage.

I was realy exited about it for a long time and looking forvard to all the different dragons that i could coleckt and breed.

I got werry disapointed when i realised that i have to wait 2 vecks befor i can breed again.
The onley thing I can do now is to bee at the coliseum and lvl my dragons witsh gets a bit boring after som time.

I was lucky this time and got 5 eggs, but what if next time, after waiting 2 vecks, I onley get 1
It wouldent be worth the wait for me.

mabey there are others that feel the same way as me, and if so that mabey Flight Rising could consider to lower the breeding cooldowns.

My suggestion is.
Lower the cooldown for all or mabey it could be pasuble to buy a breeding license, making you a Dragon Breeder and then lower the cooldown to following:
Plentiful Breeds: 5 days
Common Breeds: 10 days
Uncommon Breeds: 15 days
Limited Breeds: 20 days
Rare Breeds: 25 days

To mee the breeding part is the moste exiting one, to see what will come out from those little eggs.

From a hopefull Feuter Dragon Breeder ^^
Hi im new to flight rising.
I have followded you on youtube and did a smal donation in kickstart stage.

I was realy exited about it for a long time and looking forvard to all the different dragons that i could coleckt and breed.

I got werry disapointed when i realised that i have to wait 2 vecks befor i can breed again.
The onley thing I can do now is to bee at the coliseum and lvl my dragons witsh gets a bit boring after som time.

I was lucky this time and got 5 eggs, but what if next time, after waiting 2 vecks, I onley get 1
It wouldent be worth the wait for me.

mabey there are others that feel the same way as me, and if so that mabey Flight Rising could consider to lower the breeding cooldowns.

My suggestion is.
Lower the cooldown for all or mabey it could be pasuble to buy a breeding license, making you a Dragon Breeder and then lower the cooldown to following:
Plentiful Breeds: 5 days
Common Breeds: 10 days
Uncommon Breeds: 15 days
Limited Breeds: 20 days
Rare Breeds: 25 days

To mee the breeding part is the moste exiting one, to see what will come out from those little eggs.

From a hopefull Feuter Dragon Breeder ^^
Focusing in Iridescent and Shimmer Genes
I was in beta testing. I remember having the same thoughts as well. But there is a good side to having dragons with this breeding cool down. You have to keep in mind that the pair of dragons you have now won't be your only breeding pair. That would make it kinda dull to only send them to the nest every 2 weeks. But it doesn't take long to gain More breeding pairs, and open up new nests to use.

Have no worries, in a month or two you will have plenty of dragons all using nest and maybe even set new couples up every few days. In beta, after the game got rolling I was hatching about 3 or 4 nest a week.
I was in beta testing. I remember having the same thoughts as well. But there is a good side to having dragons with this breeding cool down. You have to keep in mind that the pair of dragons you have now won't be your only breeding pair. That would make it kinda dull to only send them to the nest every 2 weeks. But it doesn't take long to gain More breeding pairs, and open up new nests to use.

Have no worries, in a month or two you will have plenty of dragons all using nest and maybe even set new couples up every few days. In beta, after the game got rolling I was hatching about 3 or 4 nest a week.
ZC2TB9H.png93Yl0PJ.pngvWYjbLO.png
Thx, you are probebley right, I need to be more patient.

But I think the breeding license could be a good Idé.
Mabey there could be a points system.
When you reach a serten points you onlock a lower cooldown that way you have to ern it, and you will have somethong to striwe for.

Thx, you are probebley right, I need to be more patient.

But I think the breeding license could be a good Idé.
Mabey there could be a points system.
When you reach a serten points you onlock a lower cooldown that way you have to ern it, and you will have somethong to striwe for.

Focusing in Iridescent and Shimmer Genes
Breeding is a little slow right now since everyone is working only with progenitor pairs, but soon we will all be up to our eyeballs in babies and adults. There will be dragons everywhere and if you don't want to wait you can set your lair up to breed dragons like a puppy mill. At the end of beta I had hatchlings every day, but it took me most of beta to set up for it.
Breeding is a little slow right now since everyone is working only with progenitor pairs, but soon we will all be up to our eyeballs in babies and adults. There will be dragons everywhere and if you don't want to wait you can set your lair up to breed dragons like a puppy mill. At the end of beta I had hatchlings every day, but it took me most of beta to set up for it.
Shining Light Store Selling dragons. Closed for now.
@Praeses How would you set your lair to breed more?

And i agree, i was looking forward to the breeding but waiting 2 weeks is kind of drawn out.
@Praeses How would you set your lair to breed more?

And i agree, i was looking forward to the breeding but waiting 2 weeks is kind of drawn out.
Vj0BLbc.png
I think, rather than reducing the cooldowns, there could be gem items that cause a "heat cycle", if you will, in one dragon, causing it to be ready to breed automatically. Basically the Scroll of Maturity, but instead it's a Scroll of Breeding :P
I think, rather than reducing the cooldowns, there could be gem items that cause a "heat cycle", if you will, in one dragon, causing it to be ready to breed automatically. Basically the Scroll of Maturity, but instead it's a Scroll of Breeding :P
Oh please. This is a forum. The pun is always intended :).
@RavenBloodsong I did it by expanding both my nesting area (the cost of the next expansion is visible in the nesting grounds) to 5 open nests and expanding the lair (on the dragon lair page) to hold all the offspring. I bought and traded for outside genetics to make sure I wasn't blocked by the inbreeding restriction of 5 generations, or cool down periods.

Keep in mind the following:
If you don't have space for all the babies the eggs cannot be hatched.
Each expansion within an area is more expensive than the last.
Watch breeding cool downs, especially in mixed breed pairings (rarity of the breed affects their cool down).
@RavenBloodsong I did it by expanding both my nesting area (the cost of the next expansion is visible in the nesting grounds) to 5 open nests and expanding the lair (on the dragon lair page) to hold all the offspring. I bought and traded for outside genetics to make sure I wasn't blocked by the inbreeding restriction of 5 generations, or cool down periods.

Keep in mind the following:
If you don't have space for all the babies the eggs cannot be hatched.
Each expansion within an area is more expensive than the last.
Watch breeding cool downs, especially in mixed breed pairings (rarity of the breed affects their cool down).
I'm with @Kalithe on this one. Having the ability to bring a single dragon into breeding readiness would be ideal, especially if you were in a studding situation or breeding for a set of confirmed buyers. Telling them that they're going to have to wait almost 3 weeks for a clutch of common or plentiful hatchlings is painful.

While I do appreciate the breeding cooldown for the more common dragons, it gets a little insane when you work up to a rare breed. Once a month, or even longer, for a single nest?
I'm with @Kalithe on this one. Having the ability to bring a single dragon into breeding readiness would be ideal, especially if you were in a studding situation or breeding for a set of confirmed buyers. Telling them that they're going to have to wait almost 3 weeks for a clutch of common or plentiful hatchlings is painful.

While I do appreciate the breeding cooldown for the more common dragons, it gets a little insane when you work up to a rare breed. Once a month, or even longer, for a single nest?
bHeX9bv.png
Would the rare dragons stay rare if the cool down was reduced? I don't think they would, from what I've seen on other sites without a mechanical limitation (such as aging/death or cool down period) rare creatures become fairly common surprisingly quickly.

I don't know, I guess it seems a little early to be asking the admins to change an integral part of the site. They have done a fair amount of testing on this subject and decided on those time frames. Who knows? Maybe in a couple months they will have collected data that suggests they should reduce the cool downs (here's hoping), or *shudder* increase them to keep the rarities where they want them to be.
Would the rare dragons stay rare if the cool down was reduced? I don't think they would, from what I've seen on other sites without a mechanical limitation (such as aging/death or cool down period) rare creatures become fairly common surprisingly quickly.

I don't know, I guess it seems a little early to be asking the admins to change an integral part of the site. They have done a fair amount of testing on this subject and decided on those time frames. Who knows? Maybe in a couple months they will have collected data that suggests they should reduce the cool downs (here's hoping), or *shudder* increase them to keep the rarities where they want them to be.
[quote name="Praeses" date="2013-06-05 18:53:38" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=15623#16370"]Breeding is a little slow right now since everyone is working only with progenitor pairs, but soon we will all be up to our eyeballs in babies and adults. There will be dragons everywhere and if you don't want to wait you can set your lair up to breed dragons like a puppy mill. At the end of beta I had hatchlings every day, but it took me most of beta to set up for it.[/quote] Thanks for this post, Praeses!

Thanks for this post, Praeses!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
1 2 3 4 5