Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | (private) Inanis, Rosary and Drachany'a
@Toriel @Clowny A royal and lemon patterned Nocturne dragon flies by your lairs, carrying three sheets of paper. Two are crumbled, and one rolled tightly, almost as if the messager liked that one best. --------------- --------------- The first sheet has a Guardian's figure, and is written in dark ink. It reads: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12537317] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/125374/12537317_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]To whomever recieved this, hello. I am Alteon, leader of the Drachany'a Clan, our honorable lair in the clearances of the StarWood Strand. Well, not so honorable now that rebellion is springing up inside our ranks. These rogue thinkers would've challenged my leadership and attempted mutiny if it wasn't for my superior strength and my alliance with Terran, the Auraxian of Order. Quite the fighter, I must say. The rebels are divided in two: General Lionfang leads half, and that puny Ice-born Lycus takes the others. The first's a traitor, who forgot it was MY rule that led him to power, and the second thinks that just because he met a deity he is fit to rule. Leadership is my rightful prize as a parentless dragon, and with your aid, we can stop these rebels, these traitors, from disrupting order. Meet me near Focal Point by tomorrow if you wish to join my alliance. Let's go to war if we have to. - Alteon of Drachany'a[/i] --------------------- --------------------- The second sheet is of a special type of paper, made from bamboo, and bears the drawing of a Fae. It reads: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7984851] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/79849/7984851_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Hello, my name is Lionfang. Well, General Lionfang, if we were to stick to titles. I never asked for this, but in times of need, a leader must rise. My clan has been torn apart by frustration and fear, as Alteon's iron claw led us astray. His rise was the start of our fall as a clan... My father, Drakath, was the club's founder, and I, it's defender. But we never got along. When Alteon offered me authority in exchange for my help, I gladly took it... but what he did to my father, to our leader, was unspeakable. I now seek to repair my mistakes, and lead the clan back to peace, away from Alteon's tiranny. There are others, not under my wing, who also seek change. A Mirror, Lycus, is who they follow. But he's an idealist, who thinks magic and friendship mend all. If there's one thing I've learned all these years is how true peace is forged. And it's through war. Our Auraxian ally, NC, stands for freedom as much as I do, but it's still not enough. Our rendezvous is at the highest platform on the Windswept Plateau, just below the Cloudsong. Join us. We need all the help we can get.[/i] ---------------- ---------------- The third sheet has a runed ribbon tying it down, inside the drawing of a Mirror. It reads: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18193980] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/181940/18193980_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Greetings, foreigner. I am Lycus, Son of Icewarden and Shadowbinder, a statue made live by magic and the love of my beautiful Berry. I bring dreadful news, and a plea. This clan my beloved one was born in and where I inhabit now... It has been corrupted by power games and selfish acts. A war is brewing inside every heart, and that, reader, is not the essence of any dragon. Our kind is not made for battle, much the opposite - we're made of wonder, wonder of the Gods who created us in their joy. As a being of four flights - Plague by breed, Shadow by birth, Arcane by home, and Ice by heart - it is fate that I show this clan the way of the elements. Not many agree, though a few remain faithful. Alteon, the current leader, has been corrupted by power and greed, and therefore gone blind. Lionfang thinks himself righteous, but his acts will only take everyone back to a time as godless as this one. If your heart stands with the Gods, find me and my followers at the edge of the Tsunami Flats, where Tidelord's whispers come to land. If the blind and unfaithful cannot be convinced, they will be cast out. [/i] --------------------- --------------------- The messager Nocturne waits for your answer.
@Toriel @Clowny

A royal and lemon patterned Nocturne dragon flies by your lairs, carrying three sheets of paper. Two are crumbled, and one rolled tightly, almost as if the messager liked that one best.

The first sheet has a Guardian's figure, and is written in dark ink. It reads:

12537317_350.png

To whomever recieved this, hello. I am Alteon, leader of the Drachany'a Clan, our honorable lair in the clearances of the StarWood Strand. Well, not so honorable now that rebellion is springing up inside our ranks. These rogue thinkers would've challenged my leadership and attempted mutiny if it wasn't for my superior strength and my alliance with Terran, the Auraxian of Order. Quite the fighter, I must say.

The rebels are divided in two: General Lionfang leads half, and that puny Ice-born Lycus takes the others.
The first's a traitor, who forgot it was MY rule that led him to power, and the second thinks that just because he met a deity he is fit to rule. Leadership is my rightful prize as a parentless dragon, and with your aid, we can stop these rebels, these traitors, from disrupting order.

Meet me near Focal Point by tomorrow if you wish to join my alliance. Let's go to war if we have to.
- Alteon of Drachany'a

The second sheet is of a special type of paper, made from bamboo, and bears the drawing of a Fae. It reads:

7984851_350.png

Hello, my name is Lionfang. Well, General Lionfang, if we were to stick to titles. I never asked for this, but in times of need, a leader must rise. My clan has been torn apart by frustration and fear, as Alteon's iron claw led us astray. His rise was the start of our fall as a clan...

My father, Drakath, was the club's founder, and I, it's defender. But we never got along. When Alteon offered me authority in exchange for my help, I gladly took it... but what he did to my father, to our leader, was unspeakable. I now seek to repair my mistakes, and lead the clan back to peace, away from Alteon's tiranny.

There are others, not under my wing, who also seek change. A Mirror, Lycus, is who they follow. But he's an idealist, who thinks magic and friendship mend all. If there's one thing I've learned all these years is how true peace is forged. And it's through war. Our Auraxian ally, NC, stands for freedom as much as I do, but it's still not enough.

Our rendezvous is at the highest platform on the Windswept Plateau, just below the Cloudsong. Join us. We need all the help we can get.

The third sheet has a runed ribbon tying it down, inside the drawing of a Mirror. It reads:

18193980_350.png

Greetings, foreigner. I am Lycus, Son of Icewarden and Shadowbinder, a statue made live by magic and the love of my beautiful Berry. I bring dreadful news, and a plea.

This clan my beloved one was born in and where I inhabit now... It has been corrupted by power games and selfish acts. A war is brewing inside every heart, and that, reader, is not the essence of any dragon. Our kind is not made for battle, much the opposite - we're made of wonder, wonder of the Gods who created us in their joy. As a being of four flights - Plague by breed, Shadow by birth, Arcane by home, and Ice by heart - it is fate that I show this clan the way of the elements.

Not many agree, though a few remain faithful. Alteon, the current leader, has been corrupted by power and greed, and therefore gone blind. Lionfang thinks himself righteous, but his acts will only take everyone back to a time as godless as this one.

If your heart stands with the Gods, find me and my followers at the edge of the Tsunami Flats, where Tidelord's whispers come to land. If the blind and unfaithful cannot be convinced, they will be cast out.

The messager Nocturne waits for your answer.
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
> Check out my Dragon Cave!
> or my Chicken Smoothie!
Re-pinging just in case: @Toriel @Clowny
Re-pinging just in case: @Toriel @Clowny
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
@DoppelBia

(( Sorry about that! I've been sick for the past couple of days so I haven't had the chance to write much. I'll try to get a post in the next few hours or so. ))
@DoppelBia

(( Sorry about that! I've been sick for the past couple of days so I haven't had the chance to write much. I'll try to get a post in the next few hours or so. ))
gM1MTf9.png
@Toriel ((No need to rush, I was just wondering if the ping didn't go through, take the time you need ^-^))
@Toriel ((No need to rush, I was just wondering if the ping didn't go through, take the time you need ^-^))
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
@DoppelBia (Sorry about the wait~ also it might be a bit long since I got a burst of muse, so only the ending bit is actually really relevant. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/11666.png[/img] A parda had spotted the nocturne who had arrived. Normally, it would be the scout-master and messenger's job to give the news of there being some sort of message. Sadly, said dragon was away on a mission at this moment, and they were lucky he had trained his familiar to do his job for him. It slipped into a tent, arriving upon a rather chaotic scene of what one could assume was a meeting. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18523388] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/185234/18523388_350.png[/img] [/url] The grand mirror cloaked in wolf's fur was trying to get an silver clown marked skydancer to stop his grumbling, her tail waving back in force as an sign of annoyance. This skydancer was practically ranting towards a lavender cherub coatl, who had a small nocturne cloaked in flowers resting upon her back. Luckily, they all had shushed when the queen darted between them to view the parda (which was waiting patiently for her). The familiar led her out of the tent before beckoning towards the nocturne who had arrived. The platinum mirror dipped her head towards the nocturne briefly to show a bit of respect. She should probably hold her head high due to being the queen of this crazy group of book obsessed travelers, yet she had never been one to worry about how others viewed her (nor did she have to worry, because most of the clan was content on how she handled things anyways). ---------- ---------- The queen took the papers, reading them over while she nodded slowly to herself. It seemed as if she was taking things into consideration. [b]"Thank you for your... [i]interessting[/i] messsage,"[/b] She stated in an eerie sounding voice, [b]"And.. if we want opinionsss, I'd ssay I prefer Lionfang the most."[/b] She would probably have to opinions from her advisers and heads, but she had a feeling the three would probably feel the same... besides for Fraxinelle of course, and possibly even Adsila.
@DoppelBia
(Sorry about the wait~ also it might be a bit long since I got a burst of muse, so only the ending bit is actually really relevant.

11666.png
A parda had spotted the nocturne who had arrived. Normally, it would be the scout-master and messenger's job to give the news of there being some sort of message. Sadly, said dragon was away on a mission at this moment, and they were lucky he had trained his familiar to do his job for him. It slipped into a tent, arriving upon a rather chaotic scene of what one could assume was a meeting.

18523388_350.png

The grand mirror cloaked in wolf's fur was trying to get an silver clown marked skydancer to stop his grumbling, her tail waving back in force as an sign of annoyance. This skydancer was practically ranting towards a lavender cherub coatl, who had a small nocturne cloaked in flowers resting upon her back. Luckily, they all had shushed when the queen darted between them to view the parda (which was waiting patiently for her). The familiar led her out of the tent before beckoning towards the nocturne who had arrived.

The platinum mirror dipped her head towards the nocturne briefly to show a bit of respect. She should probably hold her head high due to being the queen of this crazy group of book obsessed travelers, yet she had never been one to worry about how others viewed her (nor did she have to worry, because most of the clan was content on how she handled things anyways).

The queen took the papers, reading them over while she nodded slowly to herself. It seemed as if she was taking things into consideration.
"Thank you for your... interessting messsage," She stated in an eerie sounding voice, "And.. if we want opinionsss, I'd ssay I prefer Lionfang the most."
She would probably have to opinions from her advisers and heads, but she had a feeling the three would probably feel the same... besides for Fraxinelle of course, and possibly even Adsila.
right100px_by_featherfell-d9svbgh.gif ♥ clowny | she/her | INFP
deviantart
♥ artshop | adopts
♥ lore thread
tumblr_o2yyxi2qbk1ujz7f3o1_250.gif
@DoppelBia [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1852658] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/18527/1852658_350.png[/img] [/url] He'd sent for Annala as soon as the scrolls arrived, and now Surya was waiting, tail tucked over his paws as he glanced awkwardly at the Nocturne. It had been a long time since Rosary had been involved in a clan dispute - this was the first Surya could remember in some years. If he had to name a cause, it would come down to any one of Rosary's secluded base, meticulous paperwork, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=477329]Jiwoo's[/url] (frankly terrifying) likemindedness with Lightning trade partners, and Annala's endless drive and willingness to seek a compromise. In Surya's opinion, this was a good state of affairs: diplomatic missions were a headache for everyone involved, mainly because Jiwoo, who decided everything else, rarely took a political side. Adair and the warriors' committee were no help, and Rosary was too large and its members too often away to do something as simple as take a vote (The [i]one[/i] time everyone's opinions had been sent for, the responses had ranged from "why are you asking me this" to the returning paper burnt to a crisp. Since then, Jiwoo had made informing related persons an individual responsibility. It was a good story: Surya liked telling it.) Surya looked at the Nocturne, then at the pinned-open scrolls. Annala would be some time coming; he supposed it couldn't hurt. "I think they all have valid points." he said. "The change Lycus and the Fae, Lionfang? are talking about sounds pretty good. So does order, I guess, if you're trying to keep a Clan running. But, y'know, I'm not part of your Clan. I wouldn't know. So what do you think?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5923714] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/59238/5923714_350.png[/img] [/url] "SURYA." Annala boomed, air glowing around her with elemental power as she landed. Surya winced. "Hey, Anna." he said, and she bumped his shoulder. It was meant to be friendly. Probably. "WHAT'S THIS?" she said, and Surya handed her the scrolls. She looked at them, then at the Nocturne. "Message from the Isles." he said. "Basically it's a three-way dispute over power. Fae's argument is succession-based, the Mirror's an ideological reformist. They have some militia, probably, I'm not sure." "Oh." she said. Then, deciding on something he couldn't read, "Send Jiwoo copies of these. I'll meet with Lycus and report from there." "But the rendezvous point isn't until- " he said, but Annala had already launched herself into the air in a flurry of heat and light and feathers. Well, she was a genius. She'd figure it out. Surya turned to the Nocturne. "I guess you don't have anyone to bring a message back to, then." he said. "Annala's already gone. Do you want to come in for some iced tea? It, uh, must be hot out here if you're not used to the Hearth. And I'd like to hear about the Starwood Strand. I've, ah, never been."
@DoppelBia

1852658_350.png

He'd sent for Annala as soon as the scrolls arrived, and now Surya was waiting, tail tucked over his paws as he glanced awkwardly at the Nocturne.

It had been a long time since Rosary had been involved in a clan dispute - this was the first Surya could remember in some years. If he had to name a cause, it would come down to any one of Rosary's secluded base, meticulous paperwork, Jiwoo's (frankly terrifying) likemindedness with Lightning trade partners, and Annala's endless drive and willingness to seek a compromise.

In Surya's opinion, this was a good state of affairs: diplomatic missions were a headache for everyone involved, mainly because Jiwoo, who decided everything else, rarely took a political side. Adair and the warriors' committee were no help, and Rosary was too large and its members too often away to do something as simple as take a vote

(The one time everyone's opinions had been sent for, the responses had ranged from "why are you asking me this" to the returning paper burnt to a crisp. Since then, Jiwoo had made informing related persons an individual responsibility. It was a good story: Surya liked telling it.)

Surya looked at the Nocturne, then at the pinned-open scrolls. Annala would be some time coming; he supposed it couldn't hurt.

"I think they all have valid points." he said. "The change Lycus and the Fae, Lionfang? are talking about sounds pretty good. So does order, I guess, if you're trying to keep a Clan running. But, y'know, I'm not part of your Clan. I wouldn't know. So what do you think?"

5923714_350.png

"SURYA." Annala boomed, air glowing around her with elemental power as she landed. Surya winced.

"Hey, Anna." he said, and she bumped his shoulder. It was meant to be friendly. Probably.

"WHAT'S THIS?" she said, and Surya handed her the scrolls. She looked at them, then at the Nocturne.

"Message from the Isles." he said. "Basically it's a three-way dispute over power. Fae's argument is succession-based, the Mirror's an ideological reformist. They have some militia, probably, I'm not sure."

"Oh." she said. Then, deciding on something he couldn't read, "Send Jiwoo copies of these. I'll meet with Lycus and report from there."

"But the rendezvous point isn't until- " he said, but Annala had already launched herself into the air in a flurry of heat and light and feathers. Well, she was a genius. She'd figure it out.

Surya turned to the Nocturne. "I guess you don't have anyone to bring a message back to, then." he said. "Annala's already gone. Do you want to come in for some iced tea? It, uh, must be hot out here if you're not used to the Hearth. And I'd like to hear about the Starwood Strand. I've, ah, never been."
gM1MTf9.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/137240/13723998_350.png[/img] ((^ the messenger Noc)) @Clowny The Nocturne lets out a small hiss of disapproval. Her voice is high pitched and carries a light accent from... somewhere. "Lionfang? Leader has got to be kidding Saiph. But if the message is really interesting, you can think about it, and maybe join one of them. Lionfang's point is in Wind lands, as written." The messenger shrugs and points to her own eyes. "Opinions? Lycus says Plaguebringuer still watches over Saiph, even if Saiph never lived there. Says Arcanist is displeased with Alteon, and Windsinger never liked Lionfang. Says we're on the right path. Saiph stands for that." ---------------------------- ---------------------------- @Toriel "What Saiph thinks? Well..." She would have continued in a rant about the current leader, had not the most beautiful Skydancer she had ever seen just landed in front of her. The messenger bowed in respect and remained silent until she was gone. Only the first dragon's voice brought her voice back. "Saiph doesn't need to return a message, Leader's presence at the rendezvous point is enough. And your Leader chose Lycus... Good choice. Saiph stands with him too." The Nocturne followed the Skydancer in, smiling. "Iced tea would be nice. Saiph has been in Fire lands before, but never for this long... Though weather in the Isles can get crazy. Doesn't rain much in Starwood Strand, unless meteor showers count."
13723998_350.png
((^ the messenger Noc))

@Clowny

The Nocturne lets out a small hiss of disapproval. Her voice is high pitched and carries a light accent from... somewhere.
"Lionfang? Leader has got to be kidding Saiph. But if the message is really interesting, you can think about it, and maybe join one of them. Lionfang's point is in Wind lands, as written."
The messenger shrugs and points to her own eyes.
"Opinions? Lycus says Plaguebringuer still watches over Saiph, even if Saiph never lived there. Says Arcanist is displeased with Alteon, and Windsinger never liked Lionfang. Says we're on the right path. Saiph stands for that."

@Toriel

"What Saiph thinks? Well..."
She would have continued in a rant about the current leader, had not the most beautiful Skydancer she had ever seen just landed in front of her. The messenger bowed in respect and remained silent until she was gone. Only the first dragon's voice brought her voice back.
"Saiph doesn't need to return a message, Leader's presence at the rendezvous point is enough. And your Leader chose Lycus... Good choice. Saiph stands with him too."
The Nocturne followed the Skydancer in, smiling.
"Iced tea would be nice. Saiph has been in Fire lands before, but never for this long... Though weather in the Isles can get crazy. Doesn't rain much in Starwood Strand, unless meteor showers count."
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png