Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Can't Access Mail or Hoard (Vista32)
1 2 3
@kiohl
Posting from Chrome right now, and everything is working.
(but I really really dislike Chrome, so this isn't a viable solution for me. XD)

I said earlier in this thread that I did indeed try disabling all Firefox Add-ons. It didn't fix anything.

EDIT: and it seems that the Coliseum issues I've been having with magic attacks slowing down the FPS to unplayable levels, Concentration freezing the battle and general freezing/lag don't exist in Chrome.
@kiohl
Posting from Chrome right now, and everything is working.
(but I really really dislike Chrome, so this isn't a viable solution for me. XD)

I said earlier in this thread that I did indeed try disabling all Firefox Add-ons. It didn't fix anything.

EDIT: and it seems that the Coliseum issues I've been having with magic attacks slowing down the FPS to unplayable levels, Concentration freezing the battle and general freezing/lag don't exist in Chrome.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
@Zenzic, yeah I don't expect anyone to switch browser preferences just for one site. Unfortunately I don't have access to a Vista32 right now so I'm not sure what else I can try, since I can't get it myself. :(
@Zenzic, yeah I don't expect anyone to switch browser preferences just for one site. Unfortunately I don't have access to a Vista32 right now so I'm not sure what else I can try, since I can't get it myself. :(
Pixel Dargons Store!
Pearlcatcher_75.gif Fae.gif Imperial.gif Spiral.gif Skydancer_charTgr_iceStr.gif
@kiohl
:{ Are there any other mods or admins looking into this? I don't expect a fix right away, but it would be comforting to know it's being worked on. XD

These issues pretty much make the whole site unplayable, and I really do want to keep playing.
@kiohl
:{ Are there any other mods or admins looking into this? I don't expect a fix right away, but it would be comforting to know it's being worked on. XD

These issues pretty much make the whole site unplayable, and I really do want to keep playing.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
[quote name="Zenzic" date="2013-06-27 12:20:28" url="main.php?p=mb&board=bug&page=2&id=146861#181231"]@kiohl :{ Are there any other mods or admins looking into this? I don't expect a fix right away, but it would be comforting to know it's being worked on. XD These issues pretty much make the whole site unplayable, and I really do want to keep playing.[/quote] Sadly, this appears to be a Firefox related issue. :( Unfortunately, the Firefox browser has had on/off problems with Flight Rising since we began making the site. When we fix one thing, they'll release an update that breaks something else, heh. We are striving for all-around compatibility, though, and working our hardest to get around what has proven to be a very unfriendly and unpredictable browser to develop for. :( Thank you for providing the information you did! Posts like this go a long way to helping us develop solutions. :)
@kiohl

Sadly, this appears to be a Firefox related issue. :( Unfortunately, the Firefox browser has had on/off problems with Flight Rising since we began making the site. When we fix one thing, they'll release an update that breaks something else, heh. We are striving for all-around compatibility, though, and working our hardest to get around what has proven to be a very unfriendly and unpredictable browser to develop for. :(

Thank you for providing the information you did! Posts like this go a long way to helping us develop solutions. :)
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Have you considered using an older version of Firefox?
I'm using Vista 32bit / Firefox v16.0.2, and the site works fine overall.
arcane_ani.gifQFMsHc3.pngarcane_ani.gif
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-06-27 13:21:31" url="main.php?p=mb&board=bug&page=2&id=146861#181956"] Sadly, this appears to be a Firefox related issue. :( Unfortunately, the Firefox browser has had on/off problems with Flight Rising since we began making the site. When we fix one thing, they'll release an update that breaks something else, heh. We are striving for all-around compatibility, though, and working our hardest to get around what has proven to be a very unfriendly and unpredictable browser to develop for. :( Thank you for providing the information you did! Posts like this go a long way to helping us develop solutions. :)[/quote] I understand. Thank you, I'll sit tight and cross my fingers that you guys can get it working again. :) [quote name="Malfunction" date="2013-06-27 13:30:15" url="main.php?p=mb&board=bug&page=2&id=146861#182069"]Have you considered using an older version of Firefox? I'm using Vista 32bit / Firefox v16.0.2, and the site works fine overall.[/quote] That won't do, I'm afraid. Many other sites I use require the latest version of Firefox to work properly, so downgrading for FR would just break other sites I use. :(

Sadly, this appears to be a Firefox related issue. :( Unfortunately, the Firefox browser has had on/off problems with Flight Rising since we began making the site. When we fix one thing, they'll release an update that breaks something else, heh. We are striving for all-around compatibility, though, and working our hardest to get around what has proven to be a very unfriendly and unpredictable browser to develop for. :(

Thank you for providing the information you did! Posts like this go a long way to helping us develop solutions. :)

I understand.
Thank you, I'll sit tight and cross my fingers that you guys can get it working again. :)

That won't do, I'm afraid. Many other sites I use require the latest version of Firefox to work properly, so downgrading for FR would just break other sites I use. :(
FWIW, I am running Vista 32-bit. Outside of the fairly standard lag and freezing issues in the Coliseum, things tend to run relatively smoothly if I use Chrome rather than Firefox.
FWIW, I am running Vista 32-bit. Outside of the fairly standard lag and freezing issues in the Coliseum, things tend to run relatively smoothly if I use Chrome rather than Firefox.
Yeah, the Coliseum does seem smooth in Chrome (outside the standard lag/freeze issues that everyone is having).

When I use Firefox, the Coliseum tends to cause my computer to overheat. o_o
Yeah, the Coliseum does seem smooth in Chrome (outside the standard lag/freeze issues that everyone is having).

When I use Firefox, the Coliseum tends to cause my computer to overheat. o_o
1 2 3