Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Pop Culture Paganism
In case you didn't know, pop culture paganism is like paganism in which one's deities (may be actually worshipped, or used as archetypes) originate from media/fiction instead of ancient cultures.

We have our own set of deities here on flight rising. I've been thinking about using the lore to make things like incense blends, chants, and prayers to our deities, because I'm actually pretty interested in flight rising paganism!

Is anyone else interested? If so, I'll start working on it.

Incense blends:

Earthshaker- dragon's blood, patchouli, and allspice.
Arcanist- dragon's blood, lavender, and myrrh.
Tidelord- dragon's blood, lotus, and cypress.
Gladekeeper- dragon's blood, pine, and sage
Plaguebringer- dragon's blood, musk, and ambergris.
Flamecaller- dragon's blood, cinnamon, and basil.
Windsinger- dragon's blood, lemongrass and ginger.
Shadowbinder- dragon's blood, violet, and lilac.
Lightweaver- dragon's blood, amber, and jasmine.
Icewarden- dragon's blood, juniper, and cedar.
Stormcatcher- dragon's blood, peppermint, and rosemary.
In case you didn't know, pop culture paganism is like paganism in which one's deities (may be actually worshipped, or used as archetypes) originate from media/fiction instead of ancient cultures.

We have our own set of deities here on flight rising. I've been thinking about using the lore to make things like incense blends, chants, and prayers to our deities, because I'm actually pretty interested in flight rising paganism!

Is anyone else interested? If so, I'll start working on it.

Incense blends:

Earthshaker- dragon's blood, patchouli, and allspice.
Arcanist- dragon's blood, lavender, and myrrh.
Tidelord- dragon's blood, lotus, and cypress.
Gladekeeper- dragon's blood, pine, and sage
Plaguebringer- dragon's blood, musk, and ambergris.
Flamecaller- dragon's blood, cinnamon, and basil.
Windsinger- dragon's blood, lemongrass and ginger.
Shadowbinder- dragon's blood, violet, and lilac.
Lightweaver- dragon's blood, amber, and jasmine.
Icewarden- dragon's blood, juniper, and cedar.
Stormcatcher- dragon's blood, peppermint, and rosemary.
shadow_he.png
This is really cool! I'm a witch, and I've been meaning to do more research on pop culture paganism because it seems like a neat path
This is really cool! I'm a witch, and I've been meaning to do more research on pop culture paganism because it seems like a neat path
rtruff.pngbns.png
This is an insanely cool idea. By this definition I'm a pop culture pagan myself event though this is the first time I've heard it referred to by that name.

Those incense blends already sound like they'll smell amazing. I'll have to get some of the scents I'm missing and try them out in those combinations :)
This is an insanely cool idea. By this definition I'm a pop culture pagan myself event though this is the first time I've heard it referred to by that name.

Those incense blends already sound like they'll smell amazing. I'll have to get some of the scents I'm missing and try them out in those combinations :)
Dude this is so neat :O I wish I could have incense in my dorms :C
Dude this is so neat :O I wish I could have incense in my dorms :C
kIkbHva.png bsf2fqJ.jpg
Wow, what a rad idea!! Can't say I've heard of pop culture paganism before but it sounds neat as heck :3c
Wow, what a rad idea!! Can't say I've heard of pop culture paganism before but it sounds neat as heck :3c
oooo those scents sound rad, great idea!
oooo those scents sound rad, great idea!
It'd be cool to have a list of things that would make sense to give as offerings to the various dragon gods, and/or things to put on an altar for them. I don't wanna like take over your thread, but could I make a list like that and post it here when I have a chance?

Also, idk if anyone here has a tumblr, but it would be kind of cool to make a blog devoted to this. It'd be more organized than one little forum thread.
It'd be cool to have a list of things that would make sense to give as offerings to the various dragon gods, and/or things to put on an altar for them. I don't wanna like take over your thread, but could I make a list like that and post it here when I have a chance?

Also, idk if anyone here has a tumblr, but it would be kind of cool to make a blog devoted to this. It'd be more organized than one little forum thread.
rtruff.pngbns.png
Is this thread totally dead? Or is there anyone else still interested in this concept? I'm really interested in flight rising pop culture paganism, and was wondering if there were any other people out there who were also! (I found this via Google Search, it was the first result to come up)
Is this thread totally dead? Or is there anyone else still interested in this concept? I'm really interested in flight rising pop culture paganism, and was wondering if there were any other people out there who were also! (I found this via Google Search, it was the first result to come up)