Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dating Sims
1 2
What is your experience with dating sims? I had never played one (or wanted to play one) until a friend and I were looking up cringe compilation videos, stumbled across this one in particular, and then he dared me to download it and try it out myself just for... and giggles. It's a furry dating simulator called Amorous. Honestly, why would I want to play a [primarily] gay dating simulator when I've got a boyfriend that lives less than five minutes away? But, after I began playing it, I couldn't stop! The script, everything... it was so adorable. Ha, I even think that just playing it made me gayer, if that's even possible.

So what is your experience with such games?
What is your experience with dating sims? I had never played one (or wanted to play one) until a friend and I were looking up cringe compilation videos, stumbled across this one in particular, and then he dared me to download it and try it out myself just for... and giggles. It's a furry dating simulator called Amorous. Honestly, why would I want to play a [primarily] gay dating simulator when I've got a boyfriend that lives less than five minutes away? But, after I began playing it, I couldn't stop! The script, everything... it was so adorable. Ha, I even think that just playing it made me gayer, if that's even possible.

So what is your experience with such games?
Wind_zps96e2df9e.jpg
@Ruukve
I really enjoy dating sims! They're a great pick-me-up for when you're feeling down (even if it's not romantic troubles!), and some of them have awesome jokes haha
@Ruukve
I really enjoy dating sims! They're a great pick-me-up for when you're feeling down (even if it's not romantic troubles!), and some of them have awesome jokes haha
qesQFkT.gif
I like to play bad games, especially bad flash games, if they're free because I think I have brain problems. So I've played more than my fair share of dating sims. After a while they stop being games at all and it's just a matter of "I must get all the endings because" even though I don't know the character's names or anything and I stopped reading the dialogue after the first three minutes.
I like to play bad games, especially bad flash games, if they're free because I think I have brain problems. So I've played more than my fair share of dating sims. After a while they stop being games at all and it's just a matter of "I must get all the endings because" even though I don't know the character's names or anything and I stopped reading the dialogue after the first three minutes.
@Poi

They really are a great pick me up. :D
It seems like playing it just puts me in a good mood.

Have you ever played the one I'm talking about? Amorous?
@Poi

They really are a great pick me up. :D
It seems like playing it just puts me in a good mood.

Have you ever played the one I'm talking about? Amorous?
Wind_zps96e2df9e.jpg
@Skub

Haha I can totally understand that, though I'm engrossed in the dialogue itself so I always get mad at myself if I accidentally click twice and miss a slide of it. But, no, yeah, I'm totally gonna try to get to all the endings in Amorous! At least the gay ones. LOL Dunno why I'd wanna try to finish the straight ones. There was this one chick in the club, but instead of flirt with her, I took the gay friend approach. That was rather satisfying since that's so like me irl to do - just be super friendly and let a girl poor their heart out to you just to let them feel better.
@Skub

Haha I can totally understand that, though I'm engrossed in the dialogue itself so I always get mad at myself if I accidentally click twice and miss a slide of it. But, no, yeah, I'm totally gonna try to get to all the endings in Amorous! At least the gay ones. LOL Dunno why I'd wanna try to finish the straight ones. There was this one chick in the club, but instead of flirt with her, I took the gay friend approach. That was rather satisfying since that's so like me irl to do - just be super friendly and let a girl poor their heart out to you just to let them feel better.
Wind_zps96e2df9e.jpg
I love dating sims..because nobody would ever date me in RL and because I love low quality games XD
I love dating sims..because nobody would ever date me in RL and because I love low quality games XD
I'm still in denial about dying alone, so I'm trying to hold off on that one.
But sometimes I hear about weird gimmick/niche ones and I'm like, hmmm... what if I did date a pigeon

I'm still in denial about dying alone, so I'm trying to hold off on that one.
But sometimes I hear about weird gimmick/niche ones and I'm like, hmmm... what if I did date a pigeon

sl1ij5o.pngDHyp0Qb.png krGXgY3.png9RjlOli.png9IQ25Kh.png
i suggest clicking this
i suggest clicking this
she/her || 18 || FR +3:00 || sagittarius
I love dating sims, good and bad alike! I honestly don't know why, though. I guess it's just kinda fun to interact with cute sprites.

Though I do like visual novels in general.
I love dating sims, good and bad alike! I honestly don't know why, though. I guess it's just kinda fun to interact with cute sprites.

Though I do like visual novels in general.
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
Honestly, if my boyfriend played a dating sim I wouldn't be too happy v_v
Ive played visual novels, though.
Honestly, if my boyfriend played a dating sim I wouldn't be too happy v_v
Ive played visual novels, though.
tumblr_nlpx6mT2wL1uql7fxo1_500.gif
1 2