Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | GEM TO TREASURE or Treasure to gem
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="chespin" date=2016-02-19 10:30:06] [quote name="Jiggawatz" date=2016-02-19 09:54:31] [quote name="MinxyDark" date=2016-02-19 05:45:27] No support for this suggestion, since we're getting an updated crossroads sometime in the near future. And @ Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25 [/quote] It requires a month just to get adults bro-ham... that means at MINIMUM it requires a month to raise a Colosseum team as a new player. Without "buying" it. [/quote] [color=#585c4f] When I was a newbie raising a team from 1-25 took two evenings, and things are no harder now than they were two years ago [/quote] Actually they are, two years ago the maximum mob spawn was 3 and the monsters were different... That being said that is not the problem. I am not talking about leveling them, I am talking about breeding 2 dragons, raising them to adult, making a team of 3, fighting in the arena, earning treasure to buy the skills and completing a team. Players can do all of this with money, or they can do the month + of work to get it. That is essentially egregiously pay to win. Sorry I know it is a swear word in gaming to call something pay to win, but we should accept what something is. I don't care if it is pay to win, it is fun, but lets not call a donkey a horse.
chespin wrote on 2016-02-19:
Jiggawatz wrote on 2016-02-19:
MinxyDark wrote on 2016-02-19:
No support for this suggestion, since we're getting an updated crossroads sometime in the near future.

And @ Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25

It requires a month just to get adults bro-ham... that means at MINIMUM it requires a month to raise a Colosseum team as a new player. Without "buying" it.

When I was a newbie raising a team from 1-25 took two evenings, and things are no harder now than they were two years ago

Actually they are, two years ago the maximum mob spawn was 3 and the monsters were different... That being said that is not the problem. I am not talking about leveling them, I am talking about breeding 2 dragons, raising them to adult, making a team of 3, fighting in the arena, earning treasure to buy the skills and completing a team. Players can do all of this with money, or they can do the month + of work to get it. That is essentially egregiously pay to win. Sorry I know it is a swear word in gaming to call something pay to win, but we should accept what something is.

I don't care if it is pay to win, it is fun, but lets not call a donkey a horse.
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2016-02-19 11:36:20] [quote name="Jiggawatz" date=2016-02-19 09:54:31] [quote name="MinxyDark" date=2016-02-19 05:45:27] No support for this suggestion, since we're getting an updated crossroads sometime in the near future. And @Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25 [/quote] It requires a month just to get adults bro-ham... that means at MINIMUM it requires a month to raise a Colosseum team as a new player. Without "buying" it. [/quote] It would literally take about 2 weeks to get adults. IF you bred your progens and let them grow up. 5 days for the incubation (maybe 6, I am always iffy on that) and another 5 days for the hatchling to grow up. That is far less than the 'month' you say it requires. Then, if you follow the guides, and are dedicated enough, it would take, I say, at most a week to get your team to level 25 with all of them starting out at level 1. Note I said 'Dedicated' If you are like me, it takes several months with a free level 25 helper. but once the dragon can go into the coliseum, it shouldn't take that long. The only way I can see the 'month' would be if you got a 1 or two egg and wanted 3 thus had to breed your progens again, which would take that month. However, if you are doing that, that is really on you, not on the system itself as dragons are pretty cheap and you can easily buy new hatchlings or even adults to put into the coliseum for under 10K. [/quote] When I started this game I bred my first two dragons. This gave me two hatchlings, that take 25 days to become adults. Not sure how you get 1 week dragons, but I used the only resources given to me as a beginner and it takes a month.. little less. Now lets talk about buying dragons, of course you can buy them, and you can buy the skills, of which most of them cost between 70-100k and you need multiples of each, then we look at the might stones, 10-20k then we look at all the other expenses needed for colloseum. Then we look at how it is obtained. You can either farm for a month + straight with no missing any time down, or you can buy gems, 5 dollars will get you a maxed skilled dragon, 20 will get you a fully fleshed arena team adult and ready to go. I don't mind pay to win, but I do mind when people say pay to win is not pay to win. Accept the game as it is, and have fun with it, but don't use pay to win "possibility" to justify reasoning for not putting in an auction system for a currency that already exists and is trade-able in the game. That is just plain counter productive....
Jemadar wrote on 2016-02-19:
No support for this suggestion, since we're getting an updated crossroads sometime in the near future.

And @Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25

It requires a month just to get adults bro-ham... that means at MINIMUM it requires a month to raise a Colosseum team as a new player. Without "buying" it.

It would literally take about 2 weeks to get adults. IF you bred your progens and let them grow up. 5 days for the incubation (maybe 6, I am always iffy on that) and another 5 days for the hatchling to grow up. That is far less than the 'month' you say it requires. Then, if you follow the guides, and are dedicated enough, it would take, I say, at most a week to get your team to level 25 with all of them starting out at level 1. Note I said 'Dedicated' If you are like me, it takes several months with a free level 25 helper. but once the dragon can go into the coliseum, it shouldn't take that long.

The only way I can see the 'month' would be if you got a 1 or two egg and wanted 3 thus had to breed your progens again, which would take that month. However, if you are doing that, that is really on you, not on the system itself as dragons are pretty cheap and you can easily buy new hatchlings or even adults to put into the coliseum for under 10K.

When I started this game I bred my first two dragons. This gave me two hatchlings, that take 25 days to become adults. Not sure how you get 1 week dragons, but I used the only resources given to me as a beginner and it takes a month.. little less.

Now lets talk about buying dragons, of course you can buy them, and you can buy the skills, of which most of them cost between 70-100k and you need multiples of each, then we look at the might stones, 10-20k then we look at all the other expenses needed for colloseum. Then we look at how it is obtained. You can either farm for a month + straight with no missing any time down, or you can buy gems, 5 dollars will get you a maxed skilled dragon, 20 will get you a fully fleshed arena team adult and ready to go.

I don't mind pay to win, but I do mind when people say pay to win is not pay to win. Accept the game as it is, and have fun with it, but don't use pay to win "possibility" to justify reasoning for not putting in an auction system for a currency that already exists and is trade-able in the game.
That is just plain counter productive....
@Jiggawatz That is not pay to win since you can literally do all that with treasure, and once you figure out HOW, it can take even less time. About the ONLY thing that could be used that is gem is a boon of maturity which would by pass the 5 day hatchling phase. Pay to win is (according to the Urban Dictionary, which is close to the way I have always heard pay to win used) [quote]Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying. [/quote] If they you could buy the stones needed only through gems, that is pay to win. Being able to buy the stones needed through the Gem MP for 100 gems would also be very close to pay to win. However, in this case, the only advantage gems would give you would simply be to sell them for treasure, but as I said, if you know how, you can easily make that money in about the same amount of time as someone paying for gems and selling them. I know, I have done it. Just the other day. Pay to win doesn't mean buying the items with the in game currency but paying for it with a premium currency, usually with those items NOT being available to anyone who doesn't buy the premium currency or hoards it through the free giveaways (which are usually more like the well fed bonus with a 1 a day format, instead of the bonus, chests, exalting, selling items for gems etc.. that FR has) Yes, FR does have aspects of pay to win, as I said, every site that wants to stay afloat will. However, you can easily get the premium currency without buying it with cash and every item on the site can be bought by any player on the site. I play a game now that has 3 currencys: Premium, Bound Premium, and in game. The premium is ONLY for cashers, the Bound Premium anyone can get but it is limited in what it can buy and how you can get it (it is somewhat easy to get, but what you can buy with it is very limited). I have seen other games have cash players, and non-cash players areas. I have seen games with those two, but non-cashers can still get the premium currency, but it will take a year or so of diligent saving to get the good items.
@Jiggawatz

That is not pay to win since you can literally do all that with treasure, and once you figure out HOW, it can take even less time. About the ONLY thing that could be used that is gem is a boon of maturity which would by pass the 5 day hatchling phase.

Pay to win is (according to the Urban Dictionary, which is close to the way I have always heard pay to win used)
Quote:
Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

If they you could buy the stones needed only through gems, that is pay to win. Being able to buy the stones needed through the Gem MP for 100 gems would also be very close to pay to win.

However, in this case, the only advantage gems would give you would simply be to sell them for treasure, but as I said, if you know how, you can easily make that money in about the same amount of time as someone paying for gems and selling them. I know, I have done it. Just the other day. Pay to win doesn't mean buying the items with the in game currency but paying for it with a premium currency, usually with those items NOT being available to anyone who doesn't buy the premium currency or hoards it through the free giveaways (which are usually more like the well fed bonus with a 1 a day format, instead of the bonus, chests, exalting, selling items for gems etc.. that FR has)

Yes, FR does have aspects of pay to win, as I said, every site that wants to stay afloat will. However, you can easily get the premium currency without buying it with cash and every item on the site can be bought by any player on the site. I play a game now that has 3 currencys: Premium, Bound Premium, and in game. The premium is ONLY for cashers, the Bound Premium anyone can get but it is limited in what it can buy and how you can get it (it is somewhat easy to get, but what you can buy with it is very limited). I have seen other games have cash players, and non-cash players areas. I have seen games with those two, but non-cashers can still get the premium currency, but it will take a year or so of diligent saving to get the good items.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jiggawatz" date=2016-02-19 12:35:56] [quote name="chespin" date=2016-02-19 10:30:06] [quote name="Jiggawatz" date=2016-02-19 09:54:31] [quote name="MinxyDark" date=2016-02-19 05:45:27] No support for this suggestion, since we're getting an updated crossroads sometime in the near future. And @ Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25 [/quote] It requires a month just to get adults bro-ham... that means at MINIMUM it requires a month to raise a Colosseum team as a new player. Without "buying" it. [/quote] [color=#585c4f] When I was a newbie raising a team from 1-25 took two evenings, and things are no harder now than they were two years ago [/quote] Actually they are, two years ago the maximum mob spawn was 3 and the monsters were different... That being said that is not the problem. I am not talking about leveling them, I am talking about breeding 2 dragons, raising them to adult, making a team of 3, fighting in the arena, earning treasure to buy the skills and completing a team. Players can do all of this with money, or they can do the month + of work to get it. That is essentially egregiously pay to win. Sorry I know it is a swear word in gaming to call something pay to win, but we should accept what something is. I don't care if it is pay to win, it is fun, but lets not call a donkey a horse. [/quote] Again, I did this in two weeks without putting one dime of actual money into the game, and I could have done it a lot faster if I'd found Culex's guide right at the start. Not trying to denigrate those who did buy gems, but really, it's VERY doable in far under a month with no real money invested. Saying otherwise is simply not true. Even if all you do is max out the Fairgrounds, gather, melt down Baldwin stuff and resell, MP snipe and resell... yeah, no, a month is way longer than you have to take, even without paying for gems.
chespin wrote on 2016-02-19:

And @ Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25

When I was a newbie raising a team from 1-25 took two evenings, and things are no harder now than they were two years ago

Actually they are, two years ago the maximum mob spawn was 3 and the monsters were different... That being said that is not the problem. I am not talking about leveling them, I am talking about breeding 2 dragons, raising them to adult, making a team of 3, fighting in the arena, earning treasure to buy the skills and completing a team. Players can do all of this with money, or they can do the month + of work to get it. That is essentially egregiously pay to win. Sorry I know it is a swear word in gaming to call something pay to win, but we should accept what something is.

I don't care if it is pay to win, it is fun, but lets not call a donkey a horse.

Again, I did this in two weeks without putting one dime of actual money into the game, and I could have done it a lot faster if I'd found Culex's guide right at the start. Not trying to denigrate those who did buy gems, but really, it's VERY doable in far under a month with no real money invested. Saying otherwise is simply not true. Even if all you do is max out the Fairgrounds, gather, melt down Baldwin stuff and resell, MP snipe and resell... yeah, no, a month is way longer than you have to take, even without paying for gems.
lightvs1.pngplaguevs1.pnglightvs1.png
[quote name="Jiggawatz" date=2016-02-19 12:41:24] [quote name="Jemadar" date=2016-02-19 11:36:20] [quote name="Jiggawatz" date=2016-02-19 09:54:31] [quote name="MinxyDark" date=2016-02-19 05:45:27] No support for this suggestion, since we're getting an updated crossroads sometime in the near future. And @Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25 [/quote] It requires a month just to get adults bro-ham... that means at MINIMUM it requires a month to raise a Colosseum team as a new player. Without "buying" it. [/quote] It would literally take about 2 weeks to get adults. IF you bred your progens and let them grow up. 5 days for the incubation (maybe 6, I am always iffy on that) and another 5 days for the hatchling to grow up. That is far less than the 'month' you say it requires. Then, if you follow the guides, and are dedicated enough, it would take, I say, at most a week to get your team to level 25 with all of them starting out at level 1. Note I said 'Dedicated' If you are like me, it takes several months with a free level 25 helper. but once the dragon can go into the coliseum, it shouldn't take that long. The only way I can see the 'month' would be if you got a 1 or two egg and wanted 3 thus had to breed your progens again, which would take that month. However, if you are doing that, that is really on you, not on the system itself as dragons are pretty cheap and you can easily buy new hatchlings or even adults to put into the coliseum for under 10K. [/quote] When I started this game I bred my first two dragons. This gave me two hatchlings, that take 25 days to become adults. Not sure how you get 1 week dragons, but I used the only resources given to me as a beginner and it takes a month.. little less. Now lets talk about buying dragons, of course you can buy them, and you can buy the skills, of which most of them cost between 70-100k and you need multiples of each, then we look at the might stones, 10-20k then we look at all the other expenses needed for colloseum. Then we look at how it is obtained. You can either farm for a month + straight with no missing any time down, or you can buy gems, 5 dollars will get you a maxed skilled dragon, 20 will get you a fully fleshed arena team adult and ready to go. I don't mind pay to win, but I do mind when people say pay to win is not pay to win. Accept the game as it is, and have fun with it, but don't use pay to win "possibility" to justify reasoning for not putting in an auction system for a currency that already exists and is trade-able in the game. That is just plain counter productive.... [/quote] Hatchlings only take 5 days to grow into adults, but can't be bred until their cooldown is over. The moment their sprite image changes from a hatchling to an adult and they are named, they can go into the Coli.
Jemadar wrote on 2016-02-19:

And @Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25

It would literally take about 2 weeks to get adults. IF you bred your progens and let them grow up. 5 days for the incubation (maybe 6, I am always iffy on that) and another 5 days for the hatchling to grow up. That is far less than the 'month' you say it requires. Then, if you follow the guides, and are dedicated enough, it would take, I say, at most a week to get your team to level 25 with all of them starting out at level 1. Note I said 'Dedicated' If you are like me, it takes several months with a free level 25 helper. but once the dragon can go into the coliseum, it shouldn't take that long.

The only way I can see the 'month' would be if you got a 1 or two egg and wanted 3 thus had to breed your progens again, which would take that month. However, if you are doing that, that is really on you, not on the system itself as dragons are pretty cheap and you can easily buy new hatchlings or even adults to put into the coliseum for under 10K.

When I started this game I bred my first two dragons. This gave me two hatchlings, that take 25 days to become adults. Not sure how you get 1 week dragons, but I used the only resources given to me as a beginner and it takes a month.. little less.

Now lets talk about buying dragons, of course you can buy them, and you can buy the skills, of which most of them cost between 70-100k and you need multiples of each, then we look at the might stones, 10-20k then we look at all the other expenses needed for colloseum. Then we look at how it is obtained. You can either farm for a month + straight with no missing any time down, or you can buy gems, 5 dollars will get you a maxed skilled dragon, 20 will get you a fully fleshed arena team adult and ready to go.

I don't mind pay to win, but I do mind when people say pay to win is not pay to win. Accept the game as it is, and have fun with it, but don't use pay to win "possibility" to justify reasoning for not putting in an auction system for a currency that already exists and is trade-able in the game.
That is just plain counter productive....

Hatchlings only take 5 days to grow into adults, but can't be bred until their cooldown is over. The moment their sprite image changes from a hatchling to an adult and they are named, they can go into the Coli.
FRshadowbanner50px_zps4a303dbf.png
+4 FR Time
3DS FC - 1891-1351-5222 / Minxy
Switch FC - SW-4954-7180-5611 / Ali
[quote name="MinxyDark" date=2016-02-19 15:16:04] Hatchlings only take 5 days to grow into adults, but can't be bred until their cooldown is over. The moment their sprite image changes from a hatchling to an adult and they are named, they can go into the Coli. [/quote] Hrmmm then why are all mine stuck at hatchling q.q... Also this does not change the fact that you need 5 days to breed and 5 days to become adults, then of course assuming you have little to no money, as a new player would, it would still take you a month+ to level up a team. All the timings of 2-3 days are based on having eliminate, ambush, and other vital skills that a new player is not going to have and cost 100k treasure, or cash out of pocket to get... and you need many of them. So point is still solid that you would be at a huge advantage to put money into the game. It gives a statistical solid, and non aesthetic benefit to the player who pays money. That is still pay to win. I will re-iterate that I don't care if the game is pay to win, I don't mind at all... I love games for their content not their ability to be bought out... that is up to the players who are paying for things, but it is still a truth about the game and it is still silly to use "allowing players to auction their gems through a gem site transfer would be pay to win" argument, which was my initial point.
Hatchlings only take 5 days to grow into adults, but can't be bred until their cooldown is over. The moment their sprite image changes from a hatchling to an adult and they are named, they can go into the Coli.

Hrmmm then why are all mine stuck at hatchling q.q... Also this does not change the fact that you need 5 days to breed and 5 days to become adults, then of course assuming you have little to no money, as a new player would, it would still take you a month+ to level up a team.

All the timings of 2-3 days are based on having eliminate, ambush, and other vital skills that a new player is not going to have and cost 100k treasure, or cash out of pocket to get... and you need many of them.

So point is still solid that you would be at a huge advantage to put money into the game. It gives a statistical solid, and non aesthetic benefit to the player who pays money.

That is still pay to win. I will re-iterate that I don't care if the game is pay to win, I don't mind at all... I love games for their content not their ability to be bought out... that is up to the players who are paying for things, but it is still a truth about the game and it is still silly to use "allowing players to auction their gems through a gem site transfer would be pay to win" argument, which was my initial point.
[quote name="Jiggawatz" date=2016-02-19 16:29:00] [quote name="MinxyDark" date=2016-02-19 15:16:04] Hatchlings only take 5 days to grow into adults, but can't be bred until their cooldown is over. The moment their sprite image changes from a hatchling to an adult and they are named, they can go into the Coli. [/quote] Hrmmm then why are all mine stuck at hatchling q.q... Also this does not change the fact that you need 5 days to breed and 5 days to become adults, then of course assuming you have little to no money, as a new player would, it would still take you a month+ to level up a team. All the timings of 2-3 days are based on having eliminate, ambush, and other vital skills that a new player is not going to have and cost 100k treasure, or cash out of pocket to get... and you need many of them. So point is still solid that you would be at a huge advantage to put money into the game. It gives a statistical solid, and non aesthetic benefit to the player who pays money. That is still pay to win. I will re-iterate that I don't care if the game is pay to win, I don't mind at all... I love games for their content not their ability to be bought out... that is up to the players who are paying for things, but it is still a truth about the game and it is still silly to use "allowing players to auction their gems through a gem site transfer would be pay to win" argument, which was my initial point. [/quote] Except it STILL isn't pay to win. A new player can make quite a bit of money all within a few days. I have pointed out, I think on another thread where someone posted I think a 600,000 price tag for 3 dragons with Eliminate, Ambush and I believe BUYING a level 25. A dedicated player can make that 600K in about 8 days, lets say 10 days. Give a bit of leeway. How? by maxing the fairgrounds cap EACH day. You can get 75,000 treasure from the fairgrounds each day. Depending on your game playing skill, you can typically make that amount in about an hour and a half, say two hours each day playing shockswitch. Play until you get the second full bar to remove all blocks, and you should have just over 10K in winnings and that should take you just over 10 minutes of play. Play the game 7 and a half times, and there you go, you have your 75K fairground cap for the day. I know that some people might not be able to play shock switch or be good at it. They could play the other fairgrounds games (takes longer at least for me, though I have heard some people are very good at Artifracture, though I certainly don't know how), or intersperse the other games with games of shockswitch. This is also assuming that they do not earn any other money at all during the time, this is simply through fairgrounds caps. This is also assuming they are buying 3 level 25 dragons. Take those out and it cuts it almost in half, which means even less time. Also, there are other ways to make money. If they are leveling their own team, they are going to be getting tons of junk that will go into their hoard. Most people say hoard sell the non-useful stuff, but I personally say, melt it all down in Baldwins. You get baldwin materials out of it and experience for Baldwin's. Plus trinkets melt down into sludge, which tends to be fairly easy to sell. Red Sludge is about 13K for one. Blue Sludge is about the same but doesn't sell as easily. Greens and yellows aren't as good, but still sell for more than hoard selling a stack of the trinkets probably would net, unless you have a full stack. Even the Yellow and Purple (which seem to be the least used and thus least popular) still sell for more money for one item than you would probably get hoard selling the stuff. Bonding gets little treasure, but occasionally a treasure chest (though that does take longer than the 2 weeks I would give to level a team for a dedicated player), a new player might not have the ability to start selling dragons, especially if they are using their progen babies for a starting point (which reminds me of another point, you also can use your two progens and one of their babies, so even a one egg nest is useful in that respect, to be your coli team) If you must know, I would say that a new player would only need to buy 2 Ambush and 1 Eliminate per dragon. Berserk seems to drop pretty regularly (at least I am getting a nice little stash of them) I never use haste which came with the Level 25 I was given. I don't use Rally. I have 1 level 25 mage/healer, with Scholar (all found), 2 ambushs (again pretty sure all found, didn't buy any I know that), 1 level 25 warrior, with Berserk (again, found), 2 Ambush (found) and 1 Eliminate (found and I did a dance at that one) The third dragon was given to me fully statted and stoned. All other stones that are 'required' can wait until the new player is situated and understands the game better. Once they do that, then they can work out how to go about getting them. And all this can be done without once touching a gem. Not even the free gems. A new user, should they either learn on their own, or browse the forums, not even post, and just see all the money making tips that are out there could do it. Even if they don't go to the forums and see the guides, they most likely will still start playing games. I know I did, I maxed out my streak several times at the beginning, especially when I found out how easy Shock Switch was (which is probably why I have trouble playing it now). So, yes, a person could come in and buy gems and buy a fully stoned/statted team. But, unless that person has been following the site waiting for a registration, or knows someone already on site (which means they probably have help learning things) most people aren't going to get onto a site and just dump money into it without knowing the first thing about it. However, the person who doesn't, if they really wanted it, could easily do the same thing in only 2 weeks longer. They wouldn't even have to buy dragons if they used their progens and one baby (which might add on a little more time, but they could use the time the babies are incubating and growing up to be playing the Fairgrounds getting the money for the stones). So, no, it isn't pay to win as there isn't a huge advantage. Huge advantages are something that takes non-cashers months to recover. With RNG, the non-casher could easily find eggs at a better rate than the Casher. They could get rare drops at the same rate as the casher simply due to RNG. They could even get lucky gathering, which money, as far as I know, doesn't touch. (and I HATE relying on RNG so much, it hates me) The whole pay to win thing was also pretty much last discussed in 2013, when the site was VERY new and truthfully I am not quite sure where the ones who mentioned it were coming from except I think they misunderstood the original suggestion. A way to safely buy and sell gems/treasure from players would potentially encourage gem sells as those people could then sell them safely. There probably is a very slight aspect of pay to win about the whole selling gems, but from my experience on this site, it doesn't give you any huge advantage over someone who has never bought gems in their life. And even then, pretty much every single thing that is sold for gems, can also be found for treasure, or by selling treasure.

Hrmmm then why are all mine stuck at hatchling q.q... Also this does not change the fact that you need 5 days to breed and 5 days to become adults, then of course assuming you have little to no money, as a new player would, it would still take you a month+ to level up a team.

All the timings of 2-3 days are based on having eliminate, ambush, and other vital skills that a new player is not going to have and cost 100k treasure, or cash out of pocket to get... and you need many of them.

So point is still solid that you would be at a huge advantage to put money into the game. It gives a statistical solid, and non aesthetic benefit to the player who pays money.

That is still pay to win. I will re-iterate that I don't care if the game is pay to win, I don't mind at all... I love games for their content not their ability to be bought out... that is up to the players who are paying for things, but it is still a truth about the game and it is still silly to use "allowing players to auction their gems through a gem site transfer would be pay to win" argument, which was my initial point.

Except it STILL isn't pay to win. A new player can make quite a bit of money all within a few days.

I have pointed out, I think on another thread where someone posted I think a 600,000 price tag for 3 dragons with Eliminate, Ambush and I believe BUYING a level 25. A dedicated player can make that 600K in about 8 days, lets say 10 days. Give a bit of leeway. How? by maxing the fairgrounds cap EACH day. You can get 75,000 treasure from the fairgrounds each day. Depending on your game playing skill, you can typically make that amount in about an hour and a half, say two hours each day playing shockswitch. Play until you get the second full bar to remove all blocks, and you should have just over 10K in winnings and that should take you just over 10 minutes of play. Play the game 7 and a half times, and there you go, you have your 75K fairground cap for the day.

I know that some people might not be able to play shock switch or be good at it. They could play the other fairgrounds games (takes longer at least for me, though I have heard some people are very good at Artifracture, though I certainly don't know how), or intersperse the other games with games of shockswitch.

This is also assuming that they do not earn any other money at all during the time, this is simply through fairgrounds caps. This is also assuming they are buying 3 level 25 dragons. Take those out and it cuts it almost in half, which means even less time.

Also, there are other ways to make money. If they are leveling their own team, they are going to be getting tons of junk that will go into their hoard. Most people say hoard sell the non-useful stuff, but I personally say, melt it all down in Baldwins. You get baldwin materials out of it and experience for Baldwin's. Plus trinkets melt down into sludge, which tends to be fairly easy to sell. Red Sludge is about 13K for one. Blue Sludge is about the same but doesn't sell as easily. Greens and yellows aren't as good, but still sell for more than hoard selling a stack of the trinkets probably would net, unless you have a full stack. Even the Yellow and Purple (which seem to be the least used and thus least popular) still sell for more money for one item than you would probably get hoard selling the stuff.

Bonding gets little treasure, but occasionally a treasure chest (though that does take longer than the 2 weeks I would give to level a team for a dedicated player), a new player might not have the ability to start selling dragons, especially if they are using their progen babies for a starting point (which reminds me of another point, you also can use your two progens and one of their babies, so even a one egg nest is useful in that respect, to be your coli team)

If you must know, I would say that a new player would only need to buy 2 Ambush and 1 Eliminate per dragon. Berserk seems to drop pretty regularly (at least I am getting a nice little stash of them) I never use haste which came with the Level 25 I was given. I don't use Rally. I have 1 level 25 mage/healer, with Scholar (all found), 2 ambushs (again pretty sure all found, didn't buy any I know that), 1 level 25 warrior, with Berserk (again, found), 2 Ambush (found) and 1 Eliminate (found and I did a dance at that one) The third dragon was given to me fully statted and stoned. All other stones that are 'required' can wait until the new player is situated and understands the game better. Once they do that, then they can work out how to go about getting them.

And all this can be done without once touching a gem. Not even the free gems. A new user, should they either learn on their own, or browse the forums, not even post, and just see all the money making tips that are out there could do it. Even if they don't go to the forums and see the guides, they most likely will still start playing games. I know I did, I maxed out my streak several times at the beginning, especially when I found out how easy Shock Switch was (which is probably why I have trouble playing it now). So, yes, a person could come in and buy gems and buy a fully stoned/statted team. But, unless that person has been following the site waiting for a registration, or knows someone already on site (which means they probably have help learning things) most people aren't going to get onto a site and just dump money into it without knowing the first thing about it. However, the person who doesn't, if they really wanted it, could easily do the same thing in only 2 weeks longer. They wouldn't even have to buy dragons if they used their progens and one baby (which might add on a little more time, but they could use the time the babies are incubating and growing up to be playing the Fairgrounds getting the money for the stones). So, no, it isn't pay to win as there isn't a huge advantage.

Huge advantages are something that takes non-cashers months to recover. With RNG, the non-casher could easily find eggs at a better rate than the Casher. They could get rare drops at the same rate as the casher simply due to RNG. They could even get lucky gathering, which money, as far as I know, doesn't touch. (and I HATE relying on RNG so much, it hates me)

The whole pay to win thing was also pretty much last discussed in 2013, when the site was VERY new and truthfully I am not quite sure where the ones who mentioned it were coming from except I think they misunderstood the original suggestion. A way to safely buy and sell gems/treasure from players would potentially encourage gem sells as those people could then sell them safely. There probably is a very slight aspect of pay to win about the whole selling gems, but from my experience on this site, it doesn't give you any huge advantage over someone who has never bought gems in their life. And even then, pretty much every single thing that is sold for gems, can also be found for treasure, or by selling treasure.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
Guys, weather or not you support this suggestion doesn't matter as a solution has come to pass and they are implementing it. lol
Also this is a very very old thread.

ITS A MOOT POINT NOW.

and I rarely get on any more.... RARELY.

My Idea was based on the Khimeros bead market idea, ware you put up beads * there version of gems* up for sale in a bead market.. the users name there price... Its Automated. You put it up for sale, and people find it and buy it, Its Auto. But the user themselves picks the price and puts it for sale.

Kinda like :
User such and such is selling 8 gems at 900 treasure ( buy button)
User bla bla and such is selling 22 gems for 500 treasure ( buy button)

So like a AH, but with gems instead of Dragons. Also guys you do know that conversion between the two happens every day right?

So please with sugar on top Let the thread Die.
Guys, weather or not you support this suggestion doesn't matter as a solution has come to pass and they are implementing it. lol
Also this is a very very old thread.

ITS A MOOT POINT NOW.

and I rarely get on any more.... RARELY.

My Idea was based on the Khimeros bead market idea, ware you put up beads * there version of gems* up for sale in a bead market.. the users name there price... Its Automated. You put it up for sale, and people find it and buy it, Its Auto. But the user themselves picks the price and puts it for sale.

Kinda like :
User such and such is selling 8 gems at 900 treasure ( buy button)
User bla bla and such is selling 22 gems for 500 treasure ( buy button)

So like a AH, but with gems instead of Dragons. Also guys you do know that conversion between the two happens every day right?

So please with sugar on top Let the thread Die.
shadowbindersiggie_zps4bbab510.png
@WolfHhowling

I believe that you can ask the mods to lock the thread if you would like. I have seen 'Thread locked at request of OP' type things.

You can ping one of the mods and ask.
@WolfHhowling

I believe that you can ask the mods to lock the thread if you would like. I have seen 'Thread locked at request of OP' type things.

You can ping one of the mods and ask.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
I dont necessarily support this, but more of the idea of having the ability to buy something with either currency because i have gems im not using and i need a lair expansion pretty badly but i dont have enough coins.
I dont necessarily support this, but more of the idea of having the ability to buy something with either currency because i have gems im not using and i need a lair expansion pretty badly but i dont have enough coins.
uf4V42p.pngRjVee5k.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8