Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | GEM TO TREASURE or Treasure to gem
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Jiggawatz

Also, you misunderstood the main argument.

Nearly everyone if not everyone supports being able to trade gems for treasure and treasure for gems between users. (and wanted a safe way to do so, which is in the works)

What people don't support is the ability to buy gems from the site using treasure. Or buy treasure from the site using gems. Right now, the majority of the gems in circulation have all been bought from the site using real money. Allowing people to use treasure, which is relatively easy to come by (within about a half hour I made 70K treasure, and not through the fairgrounds) to buy gems directly from the site would seriously devalue the gems, and remove one of FRs ways of making money.

And the pay to win fear is more that those who can afford to pay will get exclusive access to things (such as buy creating another currency that you can ONLY get by buying it for real money) or the items that are gem only are so over powered that they allow a user with a lot of disposable income (who can buy gems directly from the site and buy a lot of that item. While other users have to earn the treasure and find someone with the gems to trade) to have such a distinct advantage that even if they are on the site for a day they will shoot to the top of whatever category you want (most dragons, largest lair, prettiest dragons, etc...) Right now there really isn't any item that could give such a distinct advantage. The boon of fertility comes closest, but even then the dragons are on cooldown and you have a limited number of nests.

Yes, every site out there will have a pay to win aspect to it. They almost have to if they really want people to buy the premium currency and support the site somewhat. I have played numerous games. FR is one of the best games about having a level playing field. If it isn't level, it is at least a gentle incline instead of the sheer cliff many have or the nearly sheer cliff that is still climbable but it will take a LONG time others do.
@Jiggawatz

Nearly everyone if not everyone supports being able to trade gems for treasure and treasure for gems between users. (and wanted a safe way to do so, which is in the works)

What people don't support is the ability to buy gems from the site using treasure. Or buy treasure from the site using gems. Right now, the majority of the gems in circulation have all been bought from the site using real money. Allowing people to use treasure, which is relatively easy to come by (within about a half hour I made 70K treasure, and not through the fairgrounds) to buy gems directly from the site would seriously devalue the gems, and remove one of FRs ways of making money.

And the pay to win fear is more that those who can afford to pay will get exclusive access to things (such as buy creating another currency that you can ONLY get by buying it for real money) or the items that are gem only are so over powered that they allow a user with a lot of disposable income (who can buy gems directly from the site and buy a lot of that item. While other users have to earn the treasure and find someone with the gems to trade) to have such a distinct advantage that even if they are on the site for a day they will shoot to the top of whatever category you want (most dragons, largest lair, prettiest dragons, etc...) Right now there really isn't any item that could give such a distinct advantage. The boon of fertility comes closest, but even then the dragons are on cooldown and you have a limited number of nests.

Yes, every site out there will have a pay to win aspect to it. They almost have to if they really want people to buy the premium currency and support the site somewhat. I have played numerous games. FR is one of the best games about having a level playing field. If it isn't level, it is at least a gentle incline instead of the sheer cliff many have or the nearly sheer cliff that is still climbable but it will take a LONG time others do.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2016-02-17 20:45:44] @Jiggawatz Also, you misunderstood the main argument. Nearly everyone if not everyone supports being able to trade gems for treasure and treasure for gems between users. (and wanted a safe way to do so, which is in the works) What people don't support is the ability to buy gems from the site using treasure. Or buy treasure from the site using gems. Right now, the majority of the gems in circulation have all been bought from the site using real money. Allowing people to use treasure, which is relatively easy to come by (within about a half hour I made 70K treasure, and not through the fairgrounds) to buy gems directly from the site would seriously devalue the gems, and remove one of FRs ways of making money. And the pay to win fear is more that those who can afford to pay will get exclusive access to things (such as buy creating another currency that you can ONLY get by buying it for real money) or the items that are gem only are so over powered that they allow a user with a lot of disposable income (who can buy gems directly from the site and buy a lot of that item. While other users have to earn the treasure and find someone with the gems to trade) to have such a distinct advantage that even if they are on the site for a day they will shoot to the top of whatever category you want (most dragons, largest lair, prettiest dragons, etc...) Right now there really isn't any item that could give such a distinct advantage. The boon of fertility comes closest, but even then the dragons are on cooldown and you have a limited number of nests. Yes, every site out there will have a pay to win aspect to it. They almost have to if they really want people to buy the premium currency and support the site somewhat. I have played numerous games. FR is one of the best games about having a level playing field. If it isn't level, it is at least a gentle incline instead of the sheer cliff many have or the nearly sheer cliff that is still climbable but it will take a LONG time others do. [/quote] The way it was worded it sounded like they wanted an in game method of trading gems to one another, similar to guild wars, or 90% of perfect world games, and so on... where users who buy gems could post their gems at a sale price and "auction" them to anyone who is willing to buy at a moments notice. I never saw anything that said the website would be generating new gems into the game buy allowing purchase from the website. That being said, trading gems is still archaic, even if they put it in game because you still have to use the 1990's method of posting on game forums for buying and selling.... but at least it is something. On the pay to win topic, currently it takes a users, months minimum to form a team capable of fighting at any decent level. However users can buy adult dragons, full skills items, and 100% of their levels with gems or treasure if they just shell out a credit card. That is not only a distinct advantage it is an overwhelming advantage. Of course like I mentioned earlier a game such as this is always going to "pay to win" in a sense that with enough money you can finish all major objectives of the game within hours tops... but yknow, that isn't what anyone should be worried about.
Jemadar wrote on 2016-02-17:
@Jiggawatz

The way it was worded it sounded like they wanted an in game method of trading gems to one another, similar to guild wars, or 90% of perfect world games, and so on... where users who buy gems could post their gems at a sale price and "auction" them to anyone who is willing to buy at a moments notice. I never saw anything that said the website would be generating new gems into the game buy allowing purchase from the website.

That being said, trading gems is still archaic, even if they put it in game because you still have to use the 1990's method of posting on game forums for buying and selling.... but at least it is something.

On the pay to win topic, currently it takes a users, months minimum to form a team capable of fighting at any decent level. However users can buy adult dragons, full skills items, and 100% of their levels with gems or treasure if they just shell out a credit card. That is not only a distinct advantage it is an overwhelming advantage. Of course like I mentioned earlier a game such as this is always going to "pay to win" in a sense that with enough money you can finish all major objectives of the game within hours tops... but yknow, that isn't what anyone should be worried about.
No support for this suggestion, since we're getting an updated crossroads sometime in the near future.

And @Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25
No support for this suggestion, since we're getting an updated crossroads sometime in the near future.

And @Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25
FRshadowbanner50px_zps4a303dbf.png
+4 FR Time
3DS FC - 1891-1351-5222 / Minxy
Switch FC - SW-4954-7180-5611 / Ali
@Jiggawatz The GW2 Gold to Gems exchange system is handled by the game itself, as opposed to being handled by the players. The exchange rate is still determined by supply and demand, but the gems and treasure being generated/removed is done via the Black Lion system, not by taking gems or treasure from other players. It's also a far more complicated system than needed on a breeding sim site like Flight Rising. GW2 has an excellent system, but something far more simplistic is perfectly fine for FR, such as a safe way to exchange currency between players (IE Crossroads 2.0) or a way to post bundles of Gems/Treasure on the auction house in exchange for the desired amount of opposite currency.
@Jiggawatz The GW2 Gold to Gems exchange system is handled by the game itself, as opposed to being handled by the players. The exchange rate is still determined by supply and demand, but the gems and treasure being generated/removed is done via the Black Lion system, not by taking gems or treasure from other players. It's also a far more complicated system than needed on a breeding sim site like Flight Rising. GW2 has an excellent system, but something far more simplistic is perfectly fine for FR, such as a safe way to exchange currency between players (IE Crossroads 2.0) or a way to post bundles of Gems/Treasure on the auction house in exchange for the desired amount of opposite currency.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
[quote name="Infectionary" date=2016-02-19 06:03:37] @Jiggawatz The GW2 Gold to Gems exchange system is handled by the game itself, as opposed to being handled by the players. The exchange rate is still determined by supply and demand, but the gems and treasure being generated/removed is done via the Black Lion system, not by taking gems or treasure from other players. It's also a far more complicated system than needed on a breeding sim site like Flight Rising. GW2 has an excellent system, but something far more simplistic is perfectly fine for FR, such as a safe way to exchange currency between players (IE Crossroads 2.0) or a way to post bundles of Gems/Treasure on the auction house in exchange for the desired amount of opposite currency. [/quote] Gw2 does not sell gems that are not put on the auction house by other players. I do not know if you played in pre-release but the black lion trading company actually had about a 15 minute period on day 1 right after launch where it would not sell gems because none had been sold to the auction house. That is because the game does not generate new gems into the game for gold, it takes gems from players for gold and redistributes them via an automated auction system. Something like that would work best, but is probably not feasible here because of server costs. However you can look at games like NWO, PWE, even Blade and Soul they use a post offer and buy offer system. None of these games "give" gems away for gold, they trade them between players and that is what would be best in this game. Players post offers, buy and sell, and that's it. Attempting to validate that a "forum post" system is optimal, or even acceptable to a game that other systems that are extremely advanced... is rather silly. Edit: They could also just integrate gem trading into the auction house, and it would be done with... it already has the ability to take gems as a currency, and treasure as currency.. allowing players to post gems for a treasure value, and post treasure for a gem value is an easy answer and one that would solve the "scour forum posts for hours and hope for a reply from somebody in your time zone system" issue.
Infectionary wrote on 2016-02-19:

Gw2 does not sell gems that are not put on the auction house by other players. I do not know if you played in pre-release but the black lion trading company actually had about a 15 minute period on day 1 right after launch where it would not sell gems because none had been sold to the auction house. That is because the game does not generate new gems into the game for gold, it takes gems from players for gold and redistributes them via an automated auction system. Something like that would work best, but is probably not feasible here because of server costs. However you can look at games like NWO, PWE, even Blade and Soul they use a post offer and buy offer system. None of these games "give" gems away for gold, they trade them between players and that is what would be best in this game. Players post offers, buy and sell, and that's it.

Attempting to validate that a "forum post" system is optimal, or even acceptable to a game that other systems that are extremely advanced... is rather silly.

Edit: They could also just integrate gem trading into the auction house, and it would be done with... it already has the ability to take gems as a currency, and treasure as currency.. allowing players to post gems for a treasure value, and post treasure for a gem value is an easy answer and one that would solve the "scour forum posts for hours and hope for a reply from somebody in your time zone system" issue.
[quote name="MinxyDark" date=2016-02-19 05:45:27] No support for this suggestion, since we're getting an updated crossroads sometime in the near future. And @Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25 [/quote] It requires a month just to get adults bro-ham... that means at MINIMUM it requires a month to raise a Colosseum team as a new player. Without "buying" it.
MinxyDark wrote on 2016-02-19:

It requires a month just to get adults bro-ham... that means at MINIMUM it requires a month to raise a Colosseum team as a new player. Without "buying" it.
It almost seems pointless to post something to the OP since this was written back in 2013. But since it is not against the rules to Necro threads in the suggestions forum I will post my thoughts.

1. The Administration has stated that they are going to leave the Treasure to Gem rate up to the players. It will not be a static rate.

2. Players currently sell their gems in the Items for sales forum and many of the threads are trustworthy.

3. There is going to be a feature in the revamped crossroads that will allow treasure and gems to be traded securely and I am sure more players will get involved in trading since it will be even safer than it is now.

So no support for the OP Idea.
It almost seems pointless to post something to the OP since this was written back in 2013. But since it is not against the rules to Necro threads in the suggestions forum I will post my thoughts.

1. The Administration has stated that they are going to leave the Treasure to Gem rate up to the players. It will not be a static rate.

2. Players currently sell their gems in the Items for sales forum and many of the threads are trustworthy.

3. There is going to be a feature in the revamped crossroads that will allow treasure and gems to be traded securely and I am sure more players will get involved in trading since it will be even safer than it is now.

So no support for the OP Idea.
[quote name="Jiggawatz" date=2016-02-19 09:54:31] [quote name="MinxyDark" date=2016-02-19 05:45:27] No support for this suggestion, since we're getting an updated crossroads sometime in the near future. And @Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25 [/quote] It requires a month just to get adults bro-ham... that means at MINIMUM it requires a month to raise a Colosseum team as a new player. Without "buying" it. [/quote] I don't understand what you're trying to say. You can buy adults on the auction house at any time. You can breed your progens on your first day, and it doesn't take a month for them to grow up. When I joined last year it took me two weeks to get a level 25 coliseum team. Maybe I'm missing the point you're trying to make but I can't fathom why it would take a month at minimum. Anyway, no support for OP's suggestion. G:T ratios should be set by the players. Whether that's on the forums or the AH, I don't want the mods/admins setting the ratio.
Jiggawatz wrote on 2016-02-19:

It requires a month just to get adults bro-ham... that means at MINIMUM it requires a month to raise a Colosseum team as a new player. Without "buying" it.
I don't understand what you're trying to say. You can buy adults on the auction house at any time. You can breed your progens on your first day, and it doesn't take a month for them to grow up. When I joined last year it took me two weeks to get a level 25 coliseum team. Maybe I'm missing the point you're trying to make but I can't fathom why it would take a month at minimum.

Anyway, no support for OP's suggestion. G:T ratios should be set by the players. Whether that's on the forums or the AH, I don't want the mods/admins setting the ratio.
lightvs1.pngplaguevs1.pnglightvs1.png
[quote name="Jiggawatz" date=2016-02-19 09:54:31] [quote name="MinxyDark" date=2016-02-19 05:45:27] No support for this suggestion, since we're getting an updated crossroads sometime in the near future. And @ Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25 [/quote] It requires a month just to get adults bro-ham... that means at MINIMUM it requires a month to raise a Colosseum team as a new player. Without "buying" it. [/quote] [color=#585c4f] When I was a newbie raising a team from 1-25 took two evenings, and things are no harder now than they were two years ago

And @ Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25

When I was a newbie raising a team from 1-25 took two evenings, and things are no harder now than they were two years ago
[quote name="Jiggawatz" date=2016-02-19 09:54:31] [quote name="MinxyDark" date=2016-02-19 05:45:27] No support for this suggestion, since we're getting an updated crossroads sometime in the near future. And @Jiggawatz A coli team doesn't take months to train up, it could if you don't put much time into it or are stating your dragons wrong. But by using the Culex glass cannon method, I managed in roughly 2 weeks and trained up 2 dragons. Then I spent a day and a half training up a 3rd dragon to lvl 25 [/quote] It requires a month just to get adults bro-ham... that means at MINIMUM it requires a month to raise a Colosseum team as a new player. Without "buying" it. [/quote] It would literally take about 2 weeks to get adults. IF you bred your progens and let them grow up. 5 days for the incubation (maybe 6, I am always iffy on that) and another 5 days for the hatchling to grow up. That is far less than the 'month' you say it requires. Then, if you follow the guides, and are dedicated enough, it would take, I say, at most a week to get your team to level 25 with all of them starting out at level 1. Note I said 'Dedicated' If you are like me, it takes several months with a free level 25 helper. but once the dragon can go into the coliseum, it shouldn't take that long. The only way I can see the 'month' would be if you got a 1 or two egg and wanted 3 thus had to breed your progens again, which would take that month. However, if you are doing that, that is really on you, not on the system itself as dragons are pretty cheap and you can easily buy new hatchlings or even adults to put into the coliseum for under 10K.

It would literally take about 2 weeks to get adults. IF you bred your progens and let them grow up. 5 days for the incubation (maybe 6, I am always iffy on that) and another 5 days for the hatchling to grow up. That is far less than the 'month' you say it requires. Then, if you follow the guides, and are dedicated enough, it would take, I say, at most a week to get your team to level 25 with all of them starting out at level 1. Note I said 'Dedicated' If you are like me, it takes several months with a free level 25 helper. but once the dragon can go into the coliseum, it shouldn't take that long.

The only way I can see the 'month' would be if you got a 1 or two egg and wanted 3 thus had to breed your progens again, which would take that month. However, if you are doing that, that is really on you, not on the system itself as dragons are pretty cheap and you can easily buy new hatchlings or even adults to put into the coliseum for under 10K.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8