Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Hoard/den minigame?
I was just throwing ideas around in my head, and came up with this.

What if there was like, a den decoration minigame? no real point or benefit, but like, I feel like it would give some extra use to items from your hoard? For the most part I don't think the artists would even need to redraw the items, i feel like most players (myself included) have things we collect purely based on the tooltips, so a transparented version of the pre-existing images would be cool xD

Or even something that like, you could use the coliseum venues as "lair locations", and then put random hoard items in them? Or it could even be like a rare coliseum drop, you get an item that lets you use that background as a den?

I'm not sure, i"m just tossing around random ideas, but I thought it would be fun/cute and give some extra use to the items in my hoard, they all look so cool but i can't show them off. (plus, who wouldn't want a den full of deity plushies? xD)

I'm not sure about the coding part to this, for all I know it might be way more effort that it's worth for what is essentially just a cute little side-thing, but that's why it's just a suggestion!

does anyone else have some similar idea for this? A better one? Or even a reason why it would never work? xDD
I was just throwing ideas around in my head, and came up with this.

What if there was like, a den decoration minigame? no real point or benefit, but like, I feel like it would give some extra use to items from your hoard? For the most part I don't think the artists would even need to redraw the items, i feel like most players (myself included) have things we collect purely based on the tooltips, so a transparented version of the pre-existing images would be cool xD

Or even something that like, you could use the coliseum venues as "lair locations", and then put random hoard items in them? Or it could even be like a rare coliseum drop, you get an item that lets you use that background as a den?

I'm not sure, i"m just tossing around random ideas, but I thought it would be fun/cute and give some extra use to the items in my hoard, they all look so cool but i can't show them off. (plus, who wouldn't want a den full of deity plushies? xD)

I'm not sure about the coding part to this, for all I know it might be way more effort that it's worth for what is essentially just a cute little side-thing, but that's why it's just a suggestion!

does anyone else have some similar idea for this? A better one? Or even a reason why it would never work? xDD
JNq0Ryb.pngtumblr_p6m92rH3MJ1w8xkufo5_250.png
I'd like that sort of thing. Or even just a treasury area where you can display some of your more prized possessions.

Or even as another idea perhaps certain items could be used or traded in for basic cosmetic lair improvements.

Really, I would just be happy with a list of items and text telling you what sort of improvements you have made to your clan's lair such as gardens, farms, fountains, libraries, statues, observatories, etc. They wouldn't even need to necessarily have an effect, besides helping your lair represent your clan.

If people did want certain improvements to have more than a basic visual effect though then you could just make certain rooms generate a random item of a certain type each day and the amount of rooms could be limited by how many lair expansions you have made to accommodate dragons. Or just rooms in general without generating items could be linked to the number of dragons you can hold (which could then imply that each room is a den for one of your dragons).
I'd like that sort of thing. Or even just a treasury area where you can display some of your more prized possessions.

Or even as another idea perhaps certain items could be used or traded in for basic cosmetic lair improvements.

Really, I would just be happy with a list of items and text telling you what sort of improvements you have made to your clan's lair such as gardens, farms, fountains, libraries, statues, observatories, etc. They wouldn't even need to necessarily have an effect, besides helping your lair represent your clan.

If people did want certain improvements to have more than a basic visual effect though then you could just make certain rooms generate a random item of a certain type each day and the amount of rooms could be limited by how many lair expansions you have made to accommodate dragons. Or just rooms in general without generating items could be linked to the number of dragons you can hold (which could then imply that each room is a den for one of your dragons).

That would be a neat idea! I don't have a lot in my hoard since I had joined this month, but I know it will all pile up eventually. I think it would put some of the items to good use instead of using them for alchemy. In the lore it says that dragons of different flights like certain things so why not show it proudly in a room?

I do not have any other ideas, as I like yours and Kaira's ideas and would support them!
That would be a neat idea! I don't have a lot in my hoard since I had joined this month, but I know it will all pile up eventually. I think it would put some of the items to good use instead of using them for alchemy. In the lore it says that dragons of different flights like certain things so why not show it proudly in a room?

I do not have any other ideas, as I like yours and Kaira's ideas and would support them!