Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Odd writing habits
1 2 3
It helps me write if I feel cozy. A lot of the time that means taking a bath or shower beforehand or having a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. Music is a must, sometimes lyrics don't bother me; other times they're too distracting. But my best writing happens when I've smoked.

Ernest Hemingway said it best: "Write drunk, edit sober."
It helps me write if I feel cozy. A lot of the time that means taking a bath or shower beforehand or having a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. Music is a must, sometimes lyrics don't bother me; other times they're too distracting. But my best writing happens when I've smoked.

Ernest Hemingway said it best: "Write drunk, edit sober."
123o4cl.gif
I'm a lot more creative/productive when I'm physically writing with pen/pencil and paper. Having nice pens (i.e. my current favourite, a Franklincovey fountain pen or the retro ballpoints I got for christmas) also helps make writing even more fun ^_^ Nice notebooks are great too, but I'm the type who will write on ANYTHING and be happy with it.
I'm a lot more creative/productive when I'm physically writing with pen/pencil and paper. Having nice pens (i.e. my current favourite, a Franklincovey fountain pen or the retro ballpoints I got for christmas) also helps make writing even more fun ^_^ Nice notebooks are great too, but I'm the type who will write on ANYTHING and be happy with it.
pyrrha_zpsd3b32623.giffire_banner.png
@Sai

I don't really have a habit, but I often get ideas right before I sleep. Really annoying and I can't sleep until I've written the idea down, at the very least! I then write whenever I have an urge to.
@Sai

I don't really have a habit, but I often get ideas right before I sleep. Really annoying and I can't sleep until I've written the idea down, at the very least! I then write whenever I have an urge to.
Does saying the dialogue out loud count?

Also I CANNOT have other people reading what I write / type!!! I feel stressed out when people are hanging over my shoulder.

As for music I have playlists that coincide with scenes I wanna write. One for action, one for feels, one for slice of life, another for exploration... the list never ends.
Does saying the dialogue out loud count?

Also I CANNOT have other people reading what I write / type!!! I feel stressed out when people are hanging over my shoulder.

As for music I have playlists that coincide with scenes I wanna write. One for action, one for feels, one for slice of life, another for exploration... the list never ends.
Anime or a sitcom. Available tea. Doodle pad. Rain. I don't know why, but I have a much harder time writing when the sun is out and the weather's dry. My dad must also be either absent or asleep. Otherwise he'll wonder in and say "What are you doing nooooow????" To which I feel obligated to reply "Wriiitiiiing!!!" Then my concentration is gone. -_-
Anime or a sitcom. Available tea. Doodle pad. Rain. I don't know why, but I have a much harder time writing when the sun is out and the weather's dry. My dad must also be either absent or asleep. Otherwise he'll wonder in and say "What are you doing nooooow????" To which I feel obligated to reply "Wriiitiiiing!!!" Then my concentration is gone. -_-
jdDV4Lt.png
I tend to lie down and sit down pretty frequently. Sometimes, though, I have to let inspiration fester to get anything down.
I tend to lie down and sit down pretty frequently. Sometimes, though, I have to let inspiration fester to get anything down.
Pink-Tail Mole Downy Fox Rat Skycat Fawn Fox Rat Silky Mole
Near-Completed Bestiary Progress
(Username is REDLASUNSHOWERS)
1 2 3