Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fairgrounds, Economy, etc.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
I'm rather upset about the breeding changes....mainly for Wildclaws. Because the gems to treasure rate is so poor right now that it's REALLY stupid to spend $20 on ONE DRAGON to get ONE EGG and a 35 DAY COOL DOWN.

Now if you're me and were UBER exicted about your first spiral and paired him with a Wildclaw girl and took 27 REQUESTS then you're spending 2 whole years to fill in ALL the requests:

At this point I might need to refund ALL my customers so I can actually make money.
I'm rather upset about the breeding changes....mainly for Wildclaws. Because the gems to treasure rate is so poor right now that it's REALLY stupid to spend $20 on ONE DRAGON to get ONE EGG and a 35 DAY COOL DOWN.

Now if you're me and were UBER exicted about your first spiral and paired him with a Wildclaw girl and took 27 REQUESTS then you're spending 2 whole years to fill in ALL the requests:

At this point I might need to refund ALL my customers so I can actually make money.
G6MATKJ.gif QgNWxo1.gif qSfMeki.gif
@sixar

That's why I say the main issues is the servers. if they were stable so peeps could play without lag and being kicked out then they could earn more treasure. I fight the lag all day and in turn only get about 6 hours of work done on FR because it continues to kick me out or whatever.

WoW actually died because the Blizz team made the LFR content and heroic content too easy and the Regular/heroic raids too hard. My core raid team has been going in ToT normal, most with over 500 ilvl and we JUST downed Horridon. 500 ilvl was a cake to get to, actually putting it to use is proving difficult at best.

EDIT: Also, I don't count myself as 'elite.' I'm currently out of a job and out of school so until the summer is over I have nothing else to do unless I want to level toons on WoW.... Which isn't always so attractive.
@sixar

That's why I say the main issues is the servers. if they were stable so peeps could play without lag and being kicked out then they could earn more treasure. I fight the lag all day and in turn only get about 6 hours of work done on FR because it continues to kick me out or whatever.

WoW actually died because the Blizz team made the LFR content and heroic content too easy and the Regular/heroic raids too hard. My core raid team has been going in ToT normal, most with over 500 ilvl and we JUST downed Horridon. 500 ilvl was a cake to get to, actually putting it to use is proving difficult at best.

EDIT: Also, I don't count myself as 'elite.' I'm currently out of a job and out of school so until the summer is over I have nothing else to do unless I want to level toons on WoW.... Which isn't always so attractive.
fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
@Sixar

True, true. I agree that they made unnecessary 'fixes' to the games, but I still think right now they need to focus on getting rid of the lag and disconnects. They are still focused on the games and economy issues, which is fine and dandy, but every one of my friends is too busy complaining about the lag, not the games. They are willing to deal with the games having trouble for now if the admins would work on the server problems.
@Sixar

True, true. I agree that they made unnecessary 'fixes' to the games, but I still think right now they need to focus on getting rid of the lag and disconnects. They are still focused on the games and economy issues, which is fine and dandy, but every one of my friends is too busy complaining about the lag, not the games. They are willing to deal with the games having trouble for now if the admins would work on the server problems.
fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
My casual view on dragon prices: from what I've seen, we're past the peak. 12-14 days into the game hatchlings peaked at getting a cheap one at 40k. Now prices are hovering at 25-27 for a cheap hatchling. I'd expect them to keep falling steadily now until we reach exaltation prices. Agreed on server/lag being the major factor.

On jigsaw: I really like the idea of item rewards for the hard level. Not eggs - people get intense about those - but mid rarity stuff that would give a reward for hard puzzlers without making casual puzzlers (me) feel it was economically necessary to do hard puzzles - please no. Puzzles good. Hard puzzles hard.
My casual view on dragon prices: from what I've seen, we're past the peak. 12-14 days into the game hatchlings peaked at getting a cheap one at 40k. Now prices are hovering at 25-27 for a cheap hatchling. I'd expect them to keep falling steadily now until we reach exaltation prices. Agreed on server/lag being the major factor.

On jigsaw: I really like the idea of item rewards for the hard level. Not eggs - people get intense about those - but mid rarity stuff that would give a reward for hard puzzlers without making casual puzzlers (me) feel it was economically necessary to do hard puzzles - please no. Puzzles good. Hard puzzles hard.
Before I start, I was not part of the beta so I have no idea what hatchling prices 'should' be.

BUT having said that, hatchling prices should be what people are willing to pay for them. They will come down if people aren't selling, which is not the case in my opinion.

I price my hatchlings based on colours (I've had none yet carried the genes down) and how easily the colours would allow you to breed 'desireable' dragons that are pretty (from scouting what people want to buy in the sales forum). This is based on my own approach to buying hatchlings, I'm after specific colours and am willing to pay large amounts to get them, because compared to the gene/breed change scrolls hatchlings are still cheap.

By doing this, all three of the hatchlings I wanted to sell went within one day, with prices ranging from 30K to 60K. All starter breeds, no genes. If the economy was completely shot then I doubt all three of them would have gone so quickly.

I would be heavily against a cap to how high you can price your dragons. For example, my 60K girl I sold was a double sunshine, PERFECT for breeding golds which are currently very popular/desirable. So limiting her value would really tick me off, especially after I worked hard to ge tthe treasure to buy her parents to produce her!

I think now the fairgrounds are back things will recover pretty quickly. There are dragons for sale under the 30K mark which is much better than things were just last week. You can get 30K in the fairgrounds in about an hour, so yeah I think now people's ability to earn treasure is back things will get better =)

and I totally agree with your stats Thrage, purely based on my own playing when I joined I soon worked out easy puzzles was what paid the best amount of treasure/minute, so that's what I do to earn and then I play runes or higher difficulty for fun.
Before I start, I was not part of the beta so I have no idea what hatchling prices 'should' be.

BUT having said that, hatchling prices should be what people are willing to pay for them. They will come down if people aren't selling, which is not the case in my opinion.

I price my hatchlings based on colours (I've had none yet carried the genes down) and how easily the colours would allow you to breed 'desireable' dragons that are pretty (from scouting what people want to buy in the sales forum). This is based on my own approach to buying hatchlings, I'm after specific colours and am willing to pay large amounts to get them, because compared to the gene/breed change scrolls hatchlings are still cheap.

By doing this, all three of the hatchlings I wanted to sell went within one day, with prices ranging from 30K to 60K. All starter breeds, no genes. If the economy was completely shot then I doubt all three of them would have gone so quickly.

I would be heavily against a cap to how high you can price your dragons. For example, my 60K girl I sold was a double sunshine, PERFECT for breeding golds which are currently very popular/desirable. So limiting her value would really tick me off, especially after I worked hard to ge tthe treasure to buy her parents to produce her!

I think now the fairgrounds are back things will recover pretty quickly. There are dragons for sale under the 30K mark which is much better than things were just last week. You can get 30K in the fairgrounds in about an hour, so yeah I think now people's ability to earn treasure is back things will get better =)

and I totally agree with your stats Thrage, purely based on my own playing when I joined I soon worked out easy puzzles was what paid the best amount of treasure/minute, so that's what I do to earn and then I play runes or higher difficulty for fun.
RoFhatchlingbanner1_zps7e29e49b.jpg
I think the reason almost no one wants to play hard puzzles are the disconnects. Once I was 30 minutes playing it, almost finishing, and then pooof, disconnect. I was angry and I told myself I will only play Easy ones, because I don't waste 30 minutes if I have a disconnect, but only 2-3 minutes most.
I think that's why there is not so much data on hard puzzles.
I think the reason almost no one wants to play hard puzzles are the disconnects. Once I was 30 minutes playing it, almost finishing, and then pooof, disconnect. I was angry and I told myself I will only play Easy ones, because I don't waste 30 minutes if I have a disconnect, but only 2-3 minutes most.
I think that's why there is not so much data on hard puzzles.
I think it's more hard puzzles have the worst payrate. I don't play hard puzzles unless I want to challenge myself. 30 minutes for 6k isn't worth it. Even if you count my best time, at 20 I think? I can still do easy puzzles for 1.2k a pop in 3 minutes.

Well, could. The new repulsion makes it too hard (the old repulsion was annoying but easier. The other pieces didn't jiggle at all.)

But I honestly don't think the economy is in crisis mode. I've been on sites where the economy is broken. This is not broken. It's young, and a little wonky, but seriously. You've been on this site since launch. Give it time to regulate itself.
I think it's more hard puzzles have the worst payrate. I don't play hard puzzles unless I want to challenge myself. 30 minutes for 6k isn't worth it. Even if you count my best time, at 20 I think? I can still do easy puzzles for 1.2k a pop in 3 minutes.

Well, could. The new repulsion makes it too hard (the old repulsion was annoying but easier. The other pieces didn't jiggle at all.)

But I honestly don't think the economy is in crisis mode. I've been on sites where the economy is broken. This is not broken. It's young, and a little wonky, but seriously. You've been on this site since launch. Give it time to regulate itself.
I agree the economy is still young and will settle down given some time. The same thing happens with MMOs etc at launch... prices are all over the place until the game has had a chance to get going.
I agree the economy is still young and will settle down given some time. The same thing happens with MMOs etc at launch... prices are all over the place until the game has had a chance to get going.
Prices will come down if people stop buying them at those prices. A thing is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.

Stop buying dragons at prices that you feel are unfair, then those who do price too highly (in your opinion) won't sell their dragons and will either have to sit there with them for sale forever, or lower their prices to make the sale. Don't pay what you don't agree with.

Really, the game is way, way to young to be making big calls on how the economy and such is at the moment. Give it a few months for people to settle into it and for the numbers of dragons to increase (and they will, it just takes time!). THEN we can have a more meaningful conversation about the "economy".

As for the value of gems v treasure.. the simple fact is, there is a high amount of gems relative to the amount of treasure in the game right now. This happens because:

1) Downtime / limited game play has restricted the amount of treasure brought into the game recently.

2) Gems are easy to get if you have the funds, and you can get a lot of them, and was been the only currency to gain from the game until recently, since the fairground was down.

3) Large number of treasure sinks (things you can spend it on that take it out of the game, eg. buying things from the market).

4) Not that many gem sinks relative to the amount of gems being brought in. There's not much variety in the in-game gem market right now. A few genes, one breed and a few scrolls. Not a lot, when you can buy gems in their thousands.

Considering the state the site's been in recently, none of the above should be surprising at all. It most certainly does not need admin intervention. It will settle in time.

Ah, the "you" in my post is a general you, not anyone specific.
Prices will come down if people stop buying them at those prices. A thing is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.

Stop buying dragons at prices that you feel are unfair, then those who do price too highly (in your opinion) won't sell their dragons and will either have to sit there with them for sale forever, or lower their prices to make the sale. Don't pay what you don't agree with.

Really, the game is way, way to young to be making big calls on how the economy and such is at the moment. Give it a few months for people to settle into it and for the numbers of dragons to increase (and they will, it just takes time!). THEN we can have a more meaningful conversation about the "economy".

As for the value of gems v treasure.. the simple fact is, there is a high amount of gems relative to the amount of treasure in the game right now. This happens because:

1) Downtime / limited game play has restricted the amount of treasure brought into the game recently.

2) Gems are easy to get if you have the funds, and you can get a lot of them, and was been the only currency to gain from the game until recently, since the fairground was down.

3) Large number of treasure sinks (things you can spend it on that take it out of the game, eg. buying things from the market).

4) Not that many gem sinks relative to the amount of gems being brought in. There's not much variety in the in-game gem market right now. A few genes, one breed and a few scrolls. Not a lot, when you can buy gems in their thousands.

Considering the state the site's been in recently, none of the above should be surprising at all. It most certainly does not need admin intervention. It will settle in time.

plague_banner.png
[quote name="MadCow" date="2013-06-27 06:30:27" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=3&id=173719#177415"]Prices will come down if people stop [i]buying[/i] them at those prices. A thing is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. Stop buying dragons at prices that you feel are unfair, then those who do price too highly (in your opinion) won't sell their dragons and will either have to sit there with them for sale forever, or lower their prices to make the sale. Don't pay what you don't agree with. Really, the game is way, way to young to be making big calls on how the economy and such is at the moment. Give it a few months for people to settle into it and for the numbers of dragons to increase (and they will, it just takes time!). THEN we can have a more meaningful conversation about the "economy". As for the value of gems v treasure.. the simple fact is, there is a high amount of gems relative to the amount of treasure in the game right now. This happens because: 1) Downtime / limited game play has restricted the amount of treasure brought into the game recently. 2) Gems are easy to get if you have the funds, and you can get a lot of them, and was been the only currency to gain from the game until recently, since the fairground was down. 3) Large number of treasure sinks (things you can spend it on that take it out of the game, eg. buying things from the market). 4) Not that many gem sinks relative to the amount of gems being brought in. There's not much variety in the in-game gem market right now. A few genes, one breed and a few scrolls. Not a lot, when you can buy gems in their thousands. Considering the state the site's been in recently, none of the above should be surprising at all. It most certainly does [i]not[/i] need admin intervention. It will settle in time. Ah, the "you" in my post is a general you, not anyone specific. [/quote] [color=green]I approve of this post. (This reply post is kinda pointless but the Like button isn't working at the moment, sooo had to show my approval some way xD[/color]

I approve of this post. (This reply post is kinda pointless but the Like button isn't working at the moment, sooo had to show my approval some way xD
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14