Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Spark vacation to Light?
1 2
e;; I feel it's kinda important to say that my lore is centred around a malevolent being of pure electricity called the Variance. It's essentially corrupted and claimed my whole clan.

So this is something I really, really want to do. I've been curious about Light for months, and while I'm pretty sure I'm a zap through and through, there's still "what if??".
I know I'm going to vacation in the Sunbeam Ruins eventually, but I'm kinda afraid I won't go back to the Shifting Expanse. I dunno, I'm kinda torn.

There's also the issue of my extremely Lightning lore. I feel like I should finish documenting it before I consider logistics of moving. I'll also need time to figure out how to incorporate the swap into my lore.

I'm thinking take the vacation in the summer sometime?
Thoughts?
e;; I feel it's kinda important to say that my lore is centred around a malevolent being of pure electricity called the Variance. It's essentially corrupted and claimed my whole clan.

So this is something I really, really want to do. I've been curious about Light for months, and while I'm pretty sure I'm a zap through and through, there's still "what if??".
I know I'm going to vacation in the Sunbeam Ruins eventually, but I'm kinda afraid I won't go back to the Shifting Expanse. I dunno, I'm kinda torn.

There's also the issue of my extremely Lightning lore. I feel like I should finish documenting it before I consider logistics of moving. I'll also need time to figure out how to incorporate the swap into my lore.

I'm thinking take the vacation in the summer sometime?
Thoughts?
@vanadium

My friend is in Light- I'm with her right now actually- and she says it's a very nice environment, somewhat dom oriented and extremely welcoming. I don't think you'd have to change your lore. Maybe your clan decided to take a vacation just like you! The shifting expanse and sunbeam ruins are right next to each other after all.

Summer would be a great time to do it since Brightshine Jubilee is in June! You could switch in late May, get accustomed, stay for the festival, then leave whenever you felt homesick. Light is a nice place-- they'll welcome you when you come and send you off with bulging bags of glitter when you go!

I hope you have a great time in whichever flight you choose to spend it in :D
@vanadium

My friend is in Light- I'm with her right now actually- and she says it's a very nice environment, somewhat dom oriented and extremely welcoming. I don't think you'd have to change your lore. Maybe your clan decided to take a vacation just like you! The shifting expanse and sunbeam ruins are right next to each other after all.

Summer would be a great time to do it since Brightshine Jubilee is in June! You could switch in late May, get accustomed, stay for the festival, then leave whenever you felt homesick. Light is a nice place-- they'll welcome you when you come and send you off with bulging bags of glitter when you go!

I hope you have a great time in whichever flight you choose to spend it in :D
windleft_zpsojegxxo1.png6UvQBco.png MlmX2Dr.png6UvQBco.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
@SoaringSkylar
Ahh, I more meant the fact that my entire lair is corrupted by an entity of pure electricity.
Though I have several ideas as to why they would up and move— scoping new territories for conquest or something.

One of the biggest draws would be dom for me. I love conquest pushes, and while Lightning is extremely aggressive when we're in conquestmode, we're usually not going all-out.
... but that that brought up another point— I kinda want to be home for Thundercrack, and the cooldown is six months.
//flails
I suppose I could come up with lore reasons for missing Thundercrack and going for Brightshine...
hmm

Thanks for the input— I've got more to think about~
@SoaringSkylar
Ahh, I more meant the fact that my entire lair is corrupted by an entity of pure electricity.
Though I have several ideas as to why they would up and move— scoping new territories for conquest or something.

One of the biggest draws would be dom for me. I love conquest pushes, and while Lightning is extremely aggressive when we're in conquestmode, we're usually not going all-out.
... but that that brought up another point— I kinda want to be home for Thundercrack, and the cooldown is six months.
//flails
I suppose I could come up with lore reasons for missing Thundercrack and going for Brightshine...
hmm

Thanks for the input— I've got more to think about~
(This might be better in FR discussion thread)
@vanadium

LIGHT FLIGHT BEST FLIGHT.
Hardcore Acolight here. We get a fair new of vacationers, so you won't be alone.
In terms of lore I can't say a lot, mainly because my extremely lazy self hasn't gotten around to recording any of mine down, but there are entire lore groups in light, and a while ago there was a giant lore-based RP that spanned across multiple different threads. Very cool. So I'm sure you'll be able to find tons of people to help expand your lore while you're here.

You could always skew the vacation as a diplomatic mission of sorts? (Science Alliance!) Stormcatcher is science, Lightweaver is knowledge and truth, so they fit fairly nicely. (I've always thought Stormcatcher, Lightweaver, and the Arcanist would make good research and experimentation buddies)
(This might be better in FR discussion thread)
@vanadium

LIGHT FLIGHT BEST FLIGHT.
Hardcore Acolight here. We get a fair new of vacationers, so you won't be alone.
In terms of lore I can't say a lot, mainly because my extremely lazy self hasn't gotten around to recording any of mine down, but there are entire lore groups in light, and a while ago there was a giant lore-based RP that spanned across multiple different threads. Very cool. So I'm sure you'll be able to find tons of people to help expand your lore while you're here.

You could always skew the vacation as a diplomatic mission of sorts? (Science Alliance!) Stormcatcher is science, Lightweaver is knowledge and truth, so they fit fairly nicely. (I've always thought Stormcatcher, Lightweaver, and the Arcanist would make good research and experimentation buddies)
@Pitbull
(whoops I forgot that existed eheh...)

I really like the Science Alliance idea, but it wouldn't work at all— my lore is centred around a malevolent being of pure electricity called the Variance. The thing has completely corrupted my entire clan, and it's really only out to claim as much as possible.
Diplomacy isn't really something it understands |D

(but yes, i definitely agree— the bossman, glittermama, and spacedad should all work together on something. it would be GLORIOUS.)
@Pitbull
(whoops I forgot that existed eheh...)

I really like the Science Alliance idea, but it wouldn't work at all— my lore is centred around a malevolent being of pure electricity called the Variance. The thing has completely corrupted my entire clan, and it's really only out to claim as much as possible.
Diplomacy isn't really something it understands |D

(but yes, i definitely agree— the bossman, glittermama, and spacedad should all work together on something. it would be GLORIOUS.)
@vanadium

That's fekkin cool.

Well, it would be the ULTIMATE triumph to corrupt something as pure as Light, yeah? It could still be a diplomatic mission...just one of darker intent.
Or they've been captured and some Acolights are trying to study them/cure them? I could browse through the forum and find some Lore group people for you to message about ideas, if you'd like.
@vanadium

That's fekkin cool.

Well, it would be the ULTIMATE triumph to corrupt something as pure as Light, yeah? It could still be a diplomatic mission...just one of darker intent.
Or they've been captured and some Acolights are trying to study them/cure them? I could browse through the forum and find some Lore group people for you to message about ideas, if you'd like.
@Pitbull
Ahh thanks~
I have to admit that it's been a lot of fun, if really rough (it started out as a nuzlocke and lots of dragons died)

Oh, I like both those ideas. If you don't mind doing some scouting, I'd really appreciate it~
:D
@Pitbull
Ahh thanks~
I have to admit that it's been a lot of fun, if really rough (it started out as a nuzlocke and lots of dragons died)

Oh, I like both those ideas. If you don't mind doing some scouting, I'd really appreciate it~
:D
@vanadium

Will do! Things are a little hectic rn, but I will start snoopin in just a little bit!
@vanadium

Will do! Things are a little hectic rn, but I will start snoopin in just a little bit!
@Pitbull
I bet yeah. This is quite the dom battle, good lord.
I have to admit that I'm glad we grabbed the week before |D
Take your time, there's no rush~
@Pitbull
I bet yeah. This is quite the dom battle, good lord.
I have to admit that I'm glad we grabbed the week before |D
Take your time, there's no rush~
@vanadium

I have moved this to FR Discussion :)
@vanadium

I have moved this to FR Discussion :)
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
1 2