Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LotR/The Hobbit/Tolkien Fans Come Hither
1 2 ... 156 157 158 159 160 ... 187 188
@Tolkientrash29 I actually haven't started it just yet... I'm in the middle of two other books, but once I finish one of them, I will start the Silmarillion! I may end up starting it anyway, though. It wouldn't be the first time I read three books at once... I'm excited to get into it!!
@Tolkientrash29 I actually haven't started it just yet... I'm in the middle of two other books, but once I finish one of them, I will start the Silmarillion! I may end up starting it anyway, though. It wouldn't be the first time I read three books at once... I'm excited to get into it!!
Guys I've missed out on so much and I apoligise. how is everyone. btw I just finished The Story of Kullervo AND ITS SO GOOOD it took me so long because it is written in old english. [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/iPTTjEt19igne/giphy.gif[/img]
Guys I've missed out on so much and I apoligise.
how is everyone.
btw I just finished The Story of Kullervo AND ITS SO GOOOD
it took me so long because it is written in old english.
giphy.gif
@HydroDragon thank you for the warm welcome!
as for being an elf, I try to stick to earth tones in my wardrobe. it makes me feel more down-to-earth, so to speak :^) of all the elves, the silvan are my favourite.
@HydroDragon thank you for the warm welcome!
as for being an elf, I try to stick to earth tones in my wardrobe. it makes me feel more down-to-earth, so to speak :^) of all the elves, the silvan are my favourite.
e26f4f07bebb5832e0d6442d1d107c2b7e852bf5.gif

milo · they/them

8b0bcf35da412a53695bd9d3bcdcb6d0b7f6e340.gif
@eggbeans Le suilon
@eggbeans Le suilon
@souphands @raisingcain @forestgaurdian @hydrodragon, @madarakita @snowflakequeen211 @satahri @amatusblanc @wilderluege : So, I talked to michael falatra on monday (took me a while to work up the courage to go to his office but i did it. Last week he had taught a sindarin class at this event at my college called paeidea (im butchering the spelling) where anyone can register to teach a non credit course. Sadly I didn't get to go (despite having bought a plane ticket just so i could arrive in oregon hours before the class) because an incident came up and i was medically forbidden from leaving california at the time (im fine now). But, my loss if your gain because I asked for the handouts and not only did he send paper copies, but he gave me pdfs. https://docs.google.com/a/reed.edu/document/d/1WOvoUEomQXfEdvtd7Is3y5qPbMgrNgh6nNH9QRxg8HE/pub https://docs.google.com/a/reed.edu/document/d/1iyUmPlmLtgci-rkm34zBfjRvnIOuPmKfqrHtIR77FlU/pub I highly suggest you check it out, its amazing. [img]http://49.media.tumblr.com/cb7360a67439d3b92376878c452dcdd4/tumblr_nb5x8rJoGy1tako8do1_250.gif[/img]
@souphands @raisingcain @forestgaurdian @hydrodragon, @madarakita @snowflakequeen211 @satahri @amatusblanc @wilderluege : So, I talked to michael falatra on monday (took me a while to work up the courage to go to his office but i did it. Last week he had taught a sindarin class at this event at my college called paeidea (im butchering the spelling) where anyone can register to teach a non credit course. Sadly I didn't get to go (despite having bought a plane ticket just so i could arrive in oregon hours before the class) because an incident came up and i was medically forbidden from leaving california at the time (im fine now). But, my loss if your gain because I asked for the handouts and not only did he send paper copies, but he gave me pdfs.

https://docs.google.com/a/reed.edu/document/d/1WOvoUEomQXfEdvtd7Is3y5qPbMgrNgh6nNH9QRxg8HE/pub

https://docs.google.com/a/reed.edu/document/d/1iyUmPlmLtgci-rkm34zBfjRvnIOuPmKfqrHtIR77FlU/pub

I highly suggest you check it out, its amazing.

tumblr_nb5x8rJoGy1tako8do1_250.gif
@Tolkientrash29
Oregon??? Where in Oregon? :D I live near Portland
Good to hear youre alright now, gosh :o that sounds scary
@Tolkientrash29
Oregon??? Where in Oregon? :D I live near Portland
Good to hear youre alright now, gosh :o that sounds scary
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngKBrR3YL.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
I live in the dorms at Reed college, which is in SE portland on woodstock. How about you? (feel free to pm me if you dont want to put this on an open chat forum)
I live in the dorms at Reed college, which is in SE portland on woodstock. How about you? (feel free to pm me if you dont want to put this on an open chat forum)
Hi, everyone! sorry for the absence, I've been away for a few days :p

@Satarhl
ohmygodyes to the Melkor and the Phobs, yes yes yes not even kidding, that's the faceclaim for my lair's Melkor and I'm so jealous that you got to take a university-level Tolkien class - whaaaat

@Tolkientrash29
glad to hear you're better, and thanks so much for the PDFs!!! can't wait to take a look. . .

and, in the meantime, in case anyone's interested: I'm starting up a closed, short-term RP game with my tolkien dergs if you want to come take a look? http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1727949

there are prizes >.>

@HydroDragon @ForestGuardian @Lun @souphands @Madarakita
Hi, everyone! sorry for the absence, I've been away for a few days :p

@Satarhl
ohmygodyes to the Melkor and the Phobs, yes yes yes not even kidding, that's the faceclaim for my lair's Melkor and I'm so jealous that you got to take a university-level Tolkien class - whaaaat

@Tolkientrash29
glad to hear you're better, and thanks so much for the PDFs!!! can't wait to take a look. . .

and, in the meantime, in case anyone's interested: I'm starting up a closed, short-term RP game with my tolkien dergs if you want to come take a look? http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1727949

there are prizes >.>

@HydroDragon @ForestGuardian @Lun @souphands @Madarakita
kJ7P36i.png 899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.pngKDzH3q9.png

@Madarakita

You couldn't of said it any better. She had a promising role in the movie and could of been a good female character (considering there are so many males) but nuu, they had to make a love triangle and it all fell apart so much for a female character

@Satahrl

Just wanted to tell you that I think the excerpt from your essay is pretty good :D but I'm not at the university level yet so my opinion might not be the most accurate. What kind of things did you do in that class? :3 considering you said that is was "super hard".

yes yes Morgoth was unjustly mistreated for being a tad bit creative

@Widerluege

elmo tho Congrats! ^.^

@RaisingCain @ForestGuardian @Tolkientrash29 @AmatusBlanc @Eggbeans @Yewwily @ForestGuardian @thorbjorn @souphands @Widerluege @SkyyeofEmber + everyone above

CRITICAL THINKING QUESTION! Warning: Spoiler Alert for the Return of the King

Hey I actually thought of some amazing idea since I've been watching TV so much.

In both the novel and film (if I am not mistaken) of the Return of the King, Eowyn and Merry (?) successfully defeat the leader of the Nazgul. Though, imagine if there was no prophecy, or Eowyn never successfully fulfilled the said prophecy. In other words, he fails to defeat the Witch King of Angmar. How do think this would effect the outcome of the battle? Who do you think would defeat him instead, if anyone?

-Hydro

@Madarakita

You couldn't of said it any better. She had a promising role in the movie and could of been a good female character (considering there are so many males) but nuu, they had to make a love triangle and it all fell apart so much for a female character

@Satahrl

Just wanted to tell you that I think the excerpt from your essay is pretty good :D but I'm not at the university level yet so my opinion might not be the most accurate. What kind of things did you do in that class? :3 considering you said that is was "super hard".

yes yes Morgoth was unjustly mistreated for being a tad bit creative

@Widerluege

elmo tho Congrats! ^.^

@RaisingCain @ForestGuardian @Tolkientrash29 @AmatusBlanc @Eggbeans @Yewwily @ForestGuardian @thorbjorn @souphands @Widerluege @SkyyeofEmber + everyone above

CRITICAL THINKING QUESTION! Warning: Spoiler Alert for the Return of the King

Hey I actually thought of some amazing idea since I've been watching TV so much.

In both the novel and film (if I am not mistaken) of the Return of the King, Eowyn and Merry (?) successfully defeat the leader of the Nazgul. Though, imagine if there was no prophecy, or Eowyn never successfully fulfilled the said prophecy. In other words, he fails to defeat the Witch King of Angmar. How do think this would effect the outcome of the battle? Who do you think would defeat him instead, if anyone?

-Hydro
@HydroDragon: I should probably apologize for my absence too, (midterms, uuuuugh) but hopefully I should be able to get on here more. :3

I think that if the Witch-King would have lived, that either the battle wouldn't have gone too well for the men of Rohan and Gondor... or maybe there would have been an EPIC fight between him and the Legions of the Dead...

I'm liking that idea too much someone stop me

But, say that there was some fight between the Witch-King and the King of the Dead, what would that turn out like? Since the Witch-King is 'neither living or dead', would the ghost soldiers, who are dead, (but also not, in their own way I guess) be able to kill him? Uuuuuurrgh I actually don't know about this someone help meeeeeee...
@HydroDragon: I should probably apologize for my absence too, (midterms, uuuuugh) but hopefully I should be able to get on here more. :3

I think that if the Witch-King would have lived, that either the battle wouldn't have gone too well for the men of Rohan and Gondor... or maybe there would have been an EPIC fight between him and the Legions of the Dead...

I'm liking that idea too much someone stop me

But, say that there was some fight between the Witch-King and the King of the Dead, what would that turn out like? Since the Witch-King is 'neither living or dead', would the ghost soldiers, who are dead, (but also not, in their own way I guess) be able to kill him? Uuuuuurrgh I actually don't know about this someone help meeeeeee...
33vzuwj.jpg________ 2nh2l4z.png
1 2 ... 156 157 158 159 160 ... 187 188