Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | SteamPunkMafia Discussion Thread(Done)
1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 104 105
I'm sure you'll be alright! We'll just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.
I'm sure you'll be alright! We'll just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.
Click clack goes the armor on my back.
NPeGYYg.png bSeVcg2.png
@detroness @renaissaince @wintrymix & everyone else -- my wincon is just to keep myself alive til the end of the game. the flavor is like... "street orphan toughin' it out," haha. and nahh, i'm not going to "out" the bartender, don't worry

but wintrymix is technically right, i hurt the town more than i help. can't deny that. so i understand ppl motioning to lynch. i will say, though, that it'd be kind of a waste to lynch me, as i'm likely to die in the next couple of days anyway and i can't mug anyone while i'm injured :V
@detroness @renaissaince @wintrymix & everyone else -- my wincon is just to keep myself alive til the end of the game. the flavor is like... "street orphan toughin' it out," haha. and nahh, i'm not going to "out" the bartender, don't worry

but wintrymix is technically right, i hurt the town more than i help. can't deny that. so i understand ppl motioning to lynch. i will say, though, that it'd be kind of a waste to lynch me, as i'm likely to die in the next couple of days anyway and i can't mug anyone while i'm injured :V
late 20s | +3 FR time | glitter boulder

aC86tUH.png
@polygone @detroness
My reasoning mainly lies with the fact that they keep putting a target on Naru. Now if it was simply a suggestion with decent evidence, I would say it would be a pretty valid reason for targeting them for lynch. However I feel that when one puts so much effort into one person as a target without really going for at least one possibly other, I feel it to be a wee bit suspicious. Oh and sorry for taking so long on my response, I have a psych test tomorrow and have been cramming.
@polygone @detroness
My reasoning mainly lies with the fact that they keep putting a target on Naru. Now if it was simply a suggestion with decent evidence, I would say it would be a pretty valid reason for targeting them for lynch. However I feel that when one puts so much effort into one person as a target without really going for at least one possibly other, I feel it to be a wee bit suspicious. Oh and sorry for taking so long on my response, I have a psych test tomorrow and have been cramming.
I have someone else with (supposedly) an investigate saying the same thing as well as Naru saying it them selves -- I think my evidence is solid enough to at least warrant that I'm not lying about what I found. Though I understand the whole "They could be a trio!" thing but that's kind of tough without OOT communication.

I know group Qt's are a thing but I assure you I don't have any other Qt's other than my own. That said though I do believe Naru might be a wasted lynch if they're telling the truth but then that only leaves me and maybe Shock as suspects. I'm town though whether anyone believes it or not -- Until I'm lynched or if someone has a faction specific investigate, still unsure about Shock.
I have someone else with (supposedly) an investigate saying the same thing as well as Naru saying it them selves -- I think my evidence is solid enough to at least warrant that I'm not lying about what I found. Though I understand the whole "They could be a trio!" thing but that's kind of tough without OOT communication.

I know group Qt's are a thing but I assure you I don't have any other Qt's other than my own. That said though I do believe Naru might be a wasted lynch if they're telling the truth but then that only leaves me and maybe Shock as suspects. I'm town though whether anyone believes it or not -- Until I'm lynched or if someone has a faction specific investigate, still unsure about Shock.
Click clack goes the armor on my back.
NPeGYYg.png bSeVcg2.png
[quote name="Nerrax" date=2016-01-24 20:50:23] polygone detroness My reasoning mainly lies with the fact that they keep putting a target on Naru. Now if it was simply a suggestion with decent evidence, I would say it would be a pretty valid reason for targeting them for lynch. However I feel that when one puts so much effort into one person as a target without really going for at least one possibly other, I feel it to be a wee bit suspicious. Oh and sorry for taking so long on my response, I have a psych test tomorrow and have been cramming. [/quote]Nah you're good mate. Not gonna put sus on you, no real point. Town is being lead by a couple others at the moment, and I have no desire to take it from them for now. They seem to be doing a decent enough job scumhunting. Though, if we lynch another town member then I suggest the rest of us look at who's been picking out the lynches so far.
Nerrax wrote on 2016-01-24:
polygone detroness
Nah you're good mate. Not gonna put sus on you, no real point. Town is being lead by a couple others at the moment, and I have no desire to take it from them for now. They seem to be doing a decent enough job scumhunting. Though, if we lynch another town member then I suggest the rest of us look at who's been picking out the lynches so far.

Praise the sun! \o/
@Wintrymix
I think the evidence is there but I feel that there could be more then just on Naru. I simply never trust when all the pieces come together right away. Also, I'm also unsure of Shock and I wont deny I am a little unsure of you as well with what's been coming forward.
@polygone
I agree that if another towns member gets lynched, then we need to start looking hard at the prior instigators of lynches.
@Wintrymix
I think the evidence is there but I feel that there could be more then just on Naru. I simply never trust when all the pieces come together right away. Also, I'm also unsure of Shock and I wont deny I am a little unsure of you as well with what's been coming forward.
@polygone
I agree that if another towns member gets lynched, then we need to start looking hard at the prior instigators of lynches.
[quote name="@Detroness" date=2016-01-24 19:49:00] At the moment, I'm unsure of the reasoning behind polygone & Nerrax's decision to vote for Wintrymix's lynch, but I'm sure that'll be explained sooner or later. Preferably sooner. [/quote]Because we think they're mafia, obviously. I've already explained my part, and so has Nerrax. Even Ravin explained her vote when she made it, but you played that off too. Winter is a Captain, and we've already had a prior claim of some "mad scientist" who's controlling some town member. Not sure if you remember, but it was definitely brought up that a "mad" scientist is crazy-mad, not angry-mad. Usually that makes them turn out to be the misunderstood villain of the story, IE mafia. A captain controls someone else's abilities, and the claim said there was a mad scientist controlling a townie's actions. Put two and two together, Winter could be said mad scientist. And that's a better lead than Naru's lynch. They happened to have /something/ happen to them, /probably/ bad. You're layering stupid evidence on stupid evidence to make for a semi-okay lynch. It's meh. Shock jailed Winter. Winter watched Naru. Naru supposedly affected a bartender negatively. If Wolf is lying, then Naru could've done nothing wrong. If Shock is lying, then Wolf could be either telling the truth or not telling the truth, and Naru either did or didn't do something wrong depending on context. But if [i]neither [/i]of them are lying, it's possible a bus driver could've screwed with EITHER of them, or Shock could've been roleblocked, or one of them could've been redirected, or some other thing. There's a hundred things wrong with the proof that Naru did anything. They might have, they might not have. I may like to throw the dice, but not when the odds are so highly stacked against us.
@Detroness wrote on 2016-01-24:
At the moment, I'm unsure of the reasoning behind polygone & Nerrax's decision to vote for Wintrymix's lynch, but I'm sure that'll be explained sooner or later. Preferably sooner.
Because we think they're mafia, obviously. I've already explained my part, and so has Nerrax. Even Ravin explained her vote when she made it, but you played that off too. Winter is a Captain, and we've already had a prior claim of some "mad scientist" who's controlling some town member. Not sure if you remember, but it was definitely brought up that a "mad" scientist is crazy-mad, not angry-mad. Usually that makes them turn out to be the misunderstood villain of the story, IE mafia. A captain controls someone else's abilities, and the claim said there was a mad scientist controlling a townie's actions. Put two and two together, Winter could be said mad scientist. And that's a better lead than Naru's lynch. They happened to have /something/ happen to them, /probably/ bad. You're layering stupid evidence on stupid evidence to make for a semi-okay lynch. It's meh.

Shock jailed Winter.
Winter watched Naru.
Naru supposedly affected a bartender negatively.

If Wolf is lying, then Naru could've done nothing wrong.
If Shock is lying, then Wolf could be either telling the truth or not telling the truth, and Naru either did or didn't do something wrong depending on context.
But if neither of them are lying, it's possible a bus driver could've screwed with EITHER of them, or Shock could've been roleblocked, or one of them could've been redirected, or some other thing.

There's a hundred things wrong with the proof that Naru did anything. They might have, they might not have. I may like to throw the dice, but not when the odds are so highly stacked against us.

Praise the sun! \o/
[quote name="Ravinmad" date=2016-01-24 19:32:27] Naru seems to be following along and voting just to fit in with the group. Seems like an okay enough lynch, I can see both them and Sock being mafia at this point. Don't think Wintry would be though, don't think a mafia captain would do much good with invests, but whatever. [/quote] How to win as mafia: > Become captain of a town player. > Use town player to investigate non-mafia members. > Use non-mafia, non-town invests to lead town into thinking you're town too. > Kill everyone they won't lynch. > Win the game.
Ravinmad wrote on 2016-01-24:
Naru seems to be following along and voting just to fit in with the group. Seems like an okay enough lynch, I can see both them and Sock being mafia at this point. Don't think Wintry would be though, don't think a mafia captain would do much good with invests, but whatever.
How to win as mafia:

> Become captain of a town player.
> Use town player to investigate non-mafia members.
> Use non-mafia, non-town invests to lead town into thinking you're town too.
> Kill everyone they won't lynch.
> Win the game.

Praise the sun! \o/
... if i may reveal my D2 investigation.

i looked into Wintrymix that night. It seems they hsve the money-ly money money, and therefore they pay someone to do their work. Or something.

they are of power in money, is what i am attempying to say.

-fades away-
... if i may reveal my D2 investigation.

i looked into Wintrymix that night. It seems they hsve the money-ly money money, and therefore they pay someone to do their work. Or something.

they are of power in money, is what i am attempying to say.

-fades away-
98e84dd092d654a6a6195dcee5a9d14a69600c52.png ePOliyb.png
Vs2WmBF.png
1j2YGao.png
t7CcZoC.png
mlSrRbK.png
[quote name="Detroness" date=2016-01-24 19:53:55] [quote name="@Wintrymix" date=2016-01-24 19:45:34] Shock has been pushing a Lynch on me since after the first lynch, maybe even a little before(?) I found it a little weird but I kind of just shrugged it off. She's (seemingly) Town to me but awful pushy for people's claims. I still fear what'll happen later, though.. [/quote] I don't know if you're new to the FR mafia community, but both polygone and ShockZephyr do have the reputation of seemingly voting for people randomly throughout a game. Don't take it personally. It's a reaction test, and sometimes it's works quite well. I remember this one game we were all involved in and this one - later to be discovered scum - player was quite defensive when only one person voted for their lynch, despite the factor that said player was not even going to be lynched due to the factor of comparing vote numbers of potential lynch candidates. Defensiveness against one vote - regardless if someone is on the chopping block or not for that vote - is a bit scummy, but it's also a common reaction seen by newer players in the mafia community. Basically, it's a gamble - sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. [/quote]It's almost never random for me. Just the reason isn't usually game-relevant, so it doesn't matter.
Detroness wrote on 2016-01-24:
@Wintrymix wrote on 2016-01-24:
Shock has been pushing a Lynch on me since after the first lynch, maybe even a little before(?) I found it a little weird but I kind of just shrugged it off. She's (seemingly) Town to me but awful pushy for people's claims.

I still fear what'll happen later, though..

I don't know if you're new to the FR mafia community, but both polygone and ShockZephyr do have the reputation of seemingly voting for people randomly throughout a game. Don't take it personally. It's a reaction test, and sometimes it's works quite well.

I remember this one game we were all involved in and this one - later to be discovered scum - player was quite defensive when only one person voted for their lynch, despite the factor that said player was not even going to be lynched due to the factor of comparing vote numbers of potential lynch candidates.

Defensiveness against one vote - regardless if someone is on the chopping block or not for that vote - is a bit scummy, but it's also a common reaction seen by newer players in the mafia community. Basically, it's a gamble - sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.
It's almost never random for me. Just the reason isn't usually game-relevant, so it doesn't matter.

Praise the sun! \o/
1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 104 105