Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [FEST] Glowing Ember Tracker (Open!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@compcalc

I was about to go sit in various venues. Checked the guide that recommends various places but I like to experiment. So why not contribute?

Do I add my name where it says "username" on the venue tab? I'm looking at Woodland Path and see a dark grey bar. I'm assuming I put my name there but wanted to double check!
@compcalc

I was about to go sit in various venues. Checked the guide that recommends various places but I like to experiment. So why not contribute?

Do I add my name where it says "username" on the venue tab? I'm looking at Woodland Path and see a dark grey bar. I'm assuming I put my name there but wanted to double check!
IMG_4200.png
@Riverspell

That is correct. Replace "Username" and "Flight" with your username and flight, and go ahead!
@Riverspell

That is correct. Replace "Username" and "Flight" with your username and flight, and go ahead!
rxT5Faj.png 41MZFGL.png rxT5Faj.png
@compcalc

Alright, awesome! Thanks, I didn't want to mess up the spreadsheet. I'll get started after a quick lunch. :D
@compcalc

Alright, awesome! Thanks, I didn't want to mess up the spreadsheet. I'll get started after a quick lunch. :D
IMG_4200.png
@compcal

The spreadsheet isn't counting the chests right (1 frosted in the arena) but the stats still show 0. Not sure why it is not counting it because the chest overview does display it correctly
@compcal

The spreadsheet isn't counting the chests right (1 frosted in the arena) but the stats still show 0. Not sure why it is not counting it because the chest overview does display it correctly
FooterAds.gif
@MusMusculus

Way back around when I first started doing this, all I counted was the number of chests, and just had people put a "1" in the box. I'm really bad about updating my template sheet, so when we switched over to counting types, the updated code never made it over.

Anyway the short version is I fixed that, and I'm patching into the general sheet so it's not an issue in future festivals. As an added bonus, I also fixed the User Stats page.
@MusMusculus

Way back around when I first started doing this, all I counted was the number of chests, and just had people put a "1" in the box. I'm really bad about updating my template sheet, so when we switched over to counting types, the updated code never made it over.

Anyway the short version is I fixed that, and I'm patching into the general sheet so it's not an issue in future festivals. As an added bonus, I also fixed the User Stats page.
@compcalc

Yo! Idk if you know about this project: Festival Currency Coli drop rates

It's got a year and half's worth of data and is still active. :D
@compcalc

Yo! Idk if you know about this project: Festival Currency Coli drop rates

It's got a year and half's worth of data and is still active. :D
QQnBZuq.gif
@acheronta

I am, actually, and I think I put it in the Important Links section the last few times I did this. The main distinguishing point between this and that (aside from the sheer volume of data they have) is that this is designed to be a "true" probably a better word but idk what average over every battle, whereas that one is just the drop by element/neutral enemy average.

In other words, that one's really interesting for scientific purposes wow guess who's not good at phrasing things tonight. it's me, but I wanted this one to be a single at-a-glance number for which venues are the pseudo-"best" for each festival, and as far as I'm aware, no one has done exactly that yet.

And since we're on the subject, I'm gonna stop being lazy and fill in the rest of the Important Links now >_>
@acheronta

I am, actually, and I think I put it in the Important Links section the last few times I did this. The main distinguishing point between this and that (aside from the sheer volume of data they have) is that this is designed to be a "true" probably a better word but idk what average over every battle, whereas that one is just the drop by element/neutral enemy average.

In other words, that one's really interesting for scientific purposes wow guess who's not good at phrasing things tonight. it's me, but I wanted this one to be a single at-a-glance number for which venues are the pseudo-"best" for each festival, and as far as I'm aware, no one has done exactly that yet.

And since we're on the subject, I'm gonna stop being lazy and fill in the rest of the Important Links now >_>
Side note, turns out most people who do festival guides just update the same topic instead of making a new one every festival. Should I start doing that? Would that be more convenient?
Side note, turns out most people who do festival guides just update the same topic instead of making a new one every festival. Should I start doing that? Would that be more convenient?
And at the last second of Day 1, we finally have a decent-looking title and forum signature button. Sorry that didn't happen sooner. Banners tomorrow, hopefully.
And at the last second of Day 1, we finally have a decent-looking title and forum signature button. Sorry that didn't happen sooner. Banners tomorrow, hopefully.
Oooh, data collection! I like data collection :D I'll be hopping from venue to venue since I'm collecting Swipp ingredients and not really looking for chests, so I'll probably put in some data for the less profitable venues, too!
Oooh, data collection! I like data collection :D I'll be hopping from venue to venue since I'm collecting Swipp ingredients and not really looking for chests, so I'll probably put in some data for the less profitable venues, too!
FR time + 9 (ECT)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8