Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Vaer's Quotes, Bios, and Short Stories
Greetings, fellow players!

I am now opening my shop for copywriting and short stories. I have a narrow, but vivid writing style, and can write the following forms:
-
-
-
Copywriting:
0-100 words
700t or 1 gem per 30 words

101-250 words
700t or 1 gem per 40 words

251-500 words
700t or 1 gem per 50 words

Minimum order is 700t/1 gem, regardless of word count

Maximum copy order is 500 words.
-
Philosophical Quotes:

0-149 words

150-399 words

400-999 words
1400t or 2 gems per 75 words

1000-1999
1400t or 2 gems per 100 words

2000-4000 words
2800t or 4 gems per 150 words

Minimum order is 700t or 1 gem

-
Short Stories or Bios:

Quote on request.
0-800 words

801-1600 words

1601-3200 words

3201-6400 words
2100t or 3 gems per 100 words

Minimum order 1400t or 2 gems
-
-
-
I can service the needs of both FR, and non-FR requests, with no issues.
-
-
-

Knowing a writer's strengths and weaknesses before commissioning a story is very important, in my opinion. Therefore, my strengths and weaknesses in storywriting are as follows:

Strengths:

Philosophy
Nature
Science
Mental Illness
Some types of gore
Death, and thoughts of death
TW subjects - suicide, death, self-harm, psychosis, delusions, paranoia, abuse, fear, intimidation, enslavement

Weaknesses:

Character interaction
Character based stories
Stories containing large conversations
Ghost writing
Very large (>5,000 word) stories
Greetings, fellow players!

I am now opening my shop for copywriting and short stories. I have a narrow, but vivid writing style, and can write the following forms:
-
-
-
Copywriting:
0-100 words

101-250 words

251-500 words
700t or 1 gem per 50 words

Minimum order is 700t/1 gem, regardless of word count

Maximum copy order is 500 words.
-
Philosophical Quotes:

0-149 words

150-399 words

400-999 words

1000-1999

2000-4000 words
2800t or 4 gems per 150 words

Minimum order is 700t or 1 gem

-
Short Stories or Bios:

Quote on request.
0-800 words

801-1600 words

1601-3200 words

3201-6400 words
2100t or 3 gems per 100 words

Minimum order 1400t or 2 gems
-
-
-
I can service the needs of both FR, and non-FR requests, with no issues.
-
-
-

Knowing a writer's strengths and weaknesses before commissioning a story is very important, in my opinion. Therefore, my strengths and weaknesses in storywriting are as follows:

Strengths:

Philosophy
Nature
Science
Mental Illness
Some types of gore
Death, and thoughts of death
TW subjects - suicide, death, self-harm, psychosis, delusions, paranoia, abuse, fear, intimidation, enslavement

Weaknesses:

Character interaction
Character based stories
Stories containing large conversations
Ghost writing
Very large (>5,000 word) stories
Shine forth, children of the stars
But always remember
Never shine alone
Come and check out my writing shop! Interesting things to read and information on commission prices
Vaer's Quotes, Bios, and Short Stories
[center][b]Portfolio of Work[/b] [i](with permission)[/i][/center] [quote = Philosophy, Long Quote, to be part of dragon bio. INTP dragon , key topics, magic, curiosity. In the first person. "Kezran", #16142107. (20/01/2016)] "Ah, and what sort of dragon would I be, if it were not for my magic? It seems that more and more, I am able to parse what was once thought as mysterious and arcane, into simple steps that even a plague dragon could follow, if you get my drift! The more I research, and think, and theorise, the more it seems like this whole magic thing follows a few simple rules. Centuries spent doing whimsical, half-cocked experiments, when one could simply study it scientifically - by the Arcanist, what were my ancestors thinking? Anyhow, I digress. Curiosity is important, but you must take care that it never becomes a flight of fancy. Philosophy is great to apply to science, but of you lose sight of your goals, it becomes pointless storytelling. Instead of telling stories, live them. Curiosity is not something meant to stay in your mind, but is something to be expressed and reveled in, in life! Throw away these chains of social constructs, and think freely for yourself for once. Once you can do that, you have achieved what all scientists dare to dream – to be the very world they study in."[/quote] [quote = Old story, written for a friend who was interested in space topics. (Late 2015)] "If you do not fear me, you soon will. I am the swirling, infinite mass - coiling, writhing, tearing. Consuming. Nothing escapes my grasp, not even the base elements that comprise your very existence. I am made from that which you most fear, yet not even that can stop me from overcoming all that stands in my path. I consume all that I touch, corrupt everything within my reach. Not even the Titans themselves - the stars that brighten these foolish mortal worlds - are immune to my touch. They will end up like everything else - eaten alive, their core beings screaming in dire agony, as they feel my hands wrenching asunder the base atoms that comprise them. Dragging them into the bleak nothingness between the light and the dark - where even gods fear to tread. If you do not fear me, foolish one, you soon will. I am the Devourer of Worlds. You are not special. Do not consider yourselves with some sense of grandiose self-righteousness. You can not even see me, only knowing where I am from that which flees my path. You will be one single world in a billion. They all begged me, in the end. They screamed for mercy, that I change my path a fraction. That I leave them to live, and move onto the next world in my journey. That I simply pretended that they weren't there. Their cries joined those already silenced in the vast emptiness, their pitiful bodies mere crumbs to the might of my hunger. If you do not fear me, you are not brave, you are just another fool to be consumed. I am the Great Darkness. I am The Devourer. I am where all life comes to die. I am Death itself. I am the End of Everything." [i]Spoiler: [spoiler]A Black Hole[/spoiler][/i][/quote] [quote = Written for a writing prompt post on the flight forum. (20/01/2016)] I shuddered as I looked out into the vast, inky, blackness. No matter what people told me what they thought being in space would be like, looking out of the windows always filled me with a sense of horror. It wasn't the fact that space was empty, no, not at all. It was that there was no one, nothing that could help me if something went wrong. Hell, it took around 280 days for a radio message to transmit from my ship to the Earth. A rescue party was simply out of the question. It's like having claustrophobia, and agoraphobia at the same time. The first astronauts to venture made that mistake. They dwelled, and dwelled on it. Eventually it sent them into a state of psychosis, seeing suicide, and murder of all on board, as the only option to escape their insanity. I have no intention of going there. It was bad enough in the inner Solar System. Out here in the Oort Cloud, it could be even worse. My trip was already an incredibly long one. You would think that by the middle of the 3rd millenium, we would have figured out lightspeed travel, but it never eventuated. My trip to the edge of the inner oort cloud, a distance of 0.79 light years, had taken a little over 12 years – a little over 7% of the speed of light. Most of it asleep, thank the Goddess. I think we would have gone further than that, but the hundred years war of the 22nd century put a stop to that. Our scientific advancement was reduced back to around the 20th century. The stone age, compared to technology of 2500. But enough of that, I thought, as I pushed myself away from the command console. As I returned to the kitchen, I picked up the now lukewarm coffee I had left. The alarm had sounded, but there was nothing wrong. It was strange, but just a small malfunction. The chair squealed against the tiles as I drew it from the table. As I went to sit down, the alarm started up again, the shrill noise earsplitting in the silence of the confined room. I cursed loudly, but resigned to my role, made my way back to the cockpit. I wasn't going to let my coffee cool down completely, and so brought it with me. My first inkling that something might have been wrong was the slight hissing sound when I entered the cockpit. Fear wrapped it's tendrils around my heart, as my eyes began to dart around the cockpit for signs of where the sound may be coming from. The tendrils around my heart turned to ice as I noticed the crack forming through the bottom of the observation window. I had heard nothing, how could it have happened? Frantically, dropped mug smashing to the tile floor, I rushed to the command console. “Console, deploy mission logs.” “For how long, commander?” came the cool, calm, synthesised voice of the mission computer. “Since mission deployment”, I replied. Details flashed up on the screen in front of me, pages and pages of text flying upwards, as the computer retrieved gigabytes of data. “Console, indexed search for impact events”. “Found one event. Event occurred two years, fifty-three days, 14 hours ago, impact to hull, 43 centremetres below bottom edge of observation window, 53 centremetres from median of observation window. Commander in suspension. Designation, minor. Decision, event does not necessitate the resuscitation of the commander. Log closed.” came the reply. I cursed again, and examined the crack from the observation window camera. It was huge. There was a significant dent in the hull, and the impact resistant glass was shattered into a spiderweb. “Console, why was I not informed of this?” I demanded, my voice going slightly shrill. “Event designated minor. The Commander was not required.” “What the hell? Why would you not tell me something like this?” I yelled. “Event designated minor. The Commander was not required.” “What do you meant I was not required? There is a huge dent in the hull!” “Event designated minor. The Commander was not required.” I took a shaky breath, trying to calm the icy bolts coursing down my spine. The last thing anyone in space should be, is sick, angry, or scared, I reminded myself. The feeling subsided somewhat, and I took another breath, steadier this time. “Console, prognosis on damage to hull.” “Even designated min-” “Not then, now.” I demanded. “Hull condition critical, oxygen levels 17 percent. Mission likely to fail within 48 hours.” I took yet another breath. Not much that could be done now, the damage was too far gone. “Console, record.” “Recording” “This is Commander Vanessa Mathieson. Due to a computer error, an impact was not registered as significant enough to wake me from suspended animation. In light of this incident, I am declaring the deep space exploration mission to be failed. This is a mayday for all who may hear it. My ship will be sending out my coordinates relative to Sol every 48 hours. Goddess, I hope someone can hear this. Terminate report” “Report terminated” “Good, send this report to Earth with current co-ordinates every 48 hours, until total power loss. In twenty minutes, empty cabin of all atmosphere, and shut down all non-essential systems. Change bearing, using aux thrust, to Earth. Disengage main thrust, leave auxiliary thrust on to maintain bearing. Use no more than 60 percent of remaining power on aux thrust. Prepare Sus-an Bed for long term suspended animation. Do not resuscitate, under any circumstance, other than on direct order of another Commander.” “Parameters logged. Preparing for suspended animation.” I quickly walked through to the medical bay, and lay down in the Sus-an bed. The cover quietly closed, sealing me in. I placed the mask over my face, and heard the calming hiss of cool oxygen being piped into the mask. “Beginning suspended animation in eighteen minutes.” “Reduce timer to thirty seconds.” “Timer reduced to thirty seconds. Any further instruction before suspended animation begins?” “Yes, Console, one more thing.” “Awaiting orders.” “Go fuck yourself.” “Logged.” [/quote] [quote = "The Arcanist" - A prose poem] [center][i]My child, come to me, I must speak with you You, my beloved children of the stars Do not feel sad that you might not shine as bright As bright as some who always enthuse the day Remember not to shine simply because you can Instead, shine because you have reason to Fill your days with joy, and laughter Seek ever new experiences, and greater wisdom Do not lose yourself in the annals of history With those who walk softly In the tombs of dead dragons. Forever remembering those of old Yet learning nothing of those of new Become one with the world, join in it's glow Bask in it's light, and seek new adventures every day Material wealth shines, but friends shine brighter My children, happiness comes not from what you own But from what you remember Experience, my child, experience A dragon cannot eat gold, or drink wealth, after all All wealth does is create fear Fear of losing what is cold, and unloving They can take your wealth But they can never take your memories from you Remember, my children It's not about how bright you shine It's about what you shine for It's about who you shine for Therefore, come with me And shine forth, children of the stars But always remember Never shine alone[/i][/center] [/quote]
Portfolio of Work
(with permission)
Philosophy, Long Quote, to be part of dragon bio. INTP dragon , key topics, magic, curiosity. In the first person. Kezran, #16142107. (20/01/2016) wrote:

"Ah, and what sort of dragon would I be, if it were not for my magic? It seems that more and more, I am able to parse what was once thought as mysterious and arcane, into simple steps that even a plague dragon could follow, if you get my drift!

The more I research, and think, and theorise, the more it seems like this whole magic thing follows a few simple rules. Centuries spent doing whimsical, half-cocked experiments, when one could simply study it scientifically - by the Arcanist, what were my ancestors thinking?

Anyhow, I digress. Curiosity is important, but you must take care that it never becomes a flight of fancy. Philosophy is great to apply to science, but of you lose sight of your goals, it becomes pointless storytelling. Instead of telling stories, live them.

Curiosity is not something meant to stay in your mind, but is something to be expressed and reveled in, in life! Throw away these chains of social constructs, and think freely for yourself for once. Once you can do that, you have achieved what all scientists dare to dream – to be the very world they study in."
Old story, written for a friend who was interested in space topics. (Late 2015) wrote:

"If you do not fear me, you soon will.

I am the swirling, infinite mass - coiling, writhing, tearing. Consuming. Nothing escapes my grasp, not even the base elements that comprise your very existence. I am made from that which you most fear, yet not even that can stop me from overcoming all that stands in my path.

I consume all that I touch, corrupt everything within my reach. Not even the Titans themselves - the stars that brighten these foolish mortal worlds - are immune to my touch. They will end up like everything else - eaten alive, their core beings screaming in dire agony, as they feel my hands wrenching asunder the base atoms that comprise them. Dragging them into the bleak nothingness between the light and the dark - where even gods fear to tread.

If you do not fear me, foolish one, you soon will.

I am the Devourer of Worlds. You are not special. Do not consider yourselves with some sense of grandiose self-righteousness. You can not even see me, only knowing where I am from that which flees my path. You will be one single world in a billion.

They all begged me, in the end. They screamed for mercy, that I change my path a fraction. That I leave them to live, and move onto the next world in my journey. That I simply pretended that they weren't there. Their cries joined those already silenced in the vast emptiness, their pitiful bodies mere crumbs to the might of my hunger.

If you do not fear me, you are not brave, you are just another fool to be consumed.

I am the Great Darkness. I am The Devourer. I am where all life comes to die. I am Death itself.

I am the End of Everything."

Spoiler: A Black Hole
Written for a writing prompt post on the flight forum. (20/01/2016) wrote:

I shuddered as I looked out into the vast, inky, blackness. No matter what people told me what they thought being in space would be like, looking out of the windows always filled me with a sense of horror. It wasn't the fact that space was empty, no, not at all. It was that there was no one, nothing that could help me if something went wrong.

Hell, it took around 280 days for a radio message to transmit from my ship to the Earth. A rescue party was simply out of the question. It's like having claustrophobia, and agoraphobia at the same time. The first astronauts to venture made that mistake. They dwelled, and dwelled on it. Eventually it sent them into a state of psychosis, seeing suicide, and murder of all on board, as the only option to escape their insanity. I have no intention of going there. It was bad enough in the inner Solar System. Out here in the Oort Cloud, it could be even worse.

My trip was already an incredibly long one. You would think that by the middle of the 3rd millenium, we would have figured out lightspeed travel, but it never eventuated. My trip to the edge of the inner oort cloud, a distance of 0.79 light years, had taken a little over 12 years – a little over 7% of the speed of light. Most of it asleep, thank the Goddess. I think we would have gone further than that, but the hundred years war of the 22nd century put a stop to that. Our scientific advancement was reduced back to around the 20th century. The stone age, compared to technology of 2500.

But enough of that, I thought, as I pushed myself away from the command console. As I returned to the kitchen, I picked up the now lukewarm coffee I had left. The alarm had sounded, but there was nothing wrong. It was strange, but just a small malfunction. The chair squealed against the tiles as I drew it from the table. As I went to sit down, the alarm started up again, the shrill noise earsplitting in the silence of the confined room. I cursed loudly, but resigned to my role, made my way back to the cockpit. I wasn't going to let my coffee cool down completely, and so brought it with me.

My first inkling that something might have been wrong was the slight hissing sound when I entered the cockpit. Fear wrapped it's tendrils around my heart, as my eyes began to dart around the cockpit for signs of where the sound may be coming from. The tendrils around my heart turned to ice as I noticed the crack forming through the bottom of the observation window. I had heard nothing, how could it have happened? Frantically, dropped mug smashing to the tile floor, I rushed to the command console.

“Console, deploy mission logs.”
“For how long, commander?” came the cool, calm, synthesised voice of the mission computer.
“Since mission deployment”, I replied. Details flashed up on the screen in front of me, pages and pages of text flying upwards, as the computer retrieved gigabytes of data.
“Console, indexed search for impact events”.
“Found one event. Event occurred two years, fifty-three days, 14 hours ago, impact to hull, 43 centremetres below bottom edge of observation window, 53 centremetres from median of observation window. Commander in suspension. Designation, minor. Decision, event does not necessitate the resuscitation of the commander. Log closed.” came the reply.

I cursed again, and examined the crack from the observation window camera. It was huge. There was a significant dent in the hull, and the impact resistant glass was shattered into a spiderweb.
“Console, why was I not informed of this?” I demanded, my voice going slightly shrill.
“Event designated minor. The Commander was not required.”
“What the hell? Why would you not tell me something like this?” I yelled.
“What do you meant I was not required? There is a huge dent in the hull!”

I took a shaky breath, trying to calm the icy bolts coursing down my spine. The last thing anyone in space should be, is sick, angry, or scared, I reminded myself. The feeling subsided somewhat, and I took another breath, steadier this time.
“Console, prognosis on damage to hull.”
“Even designated min-”
“Not then, now.” I demanded.
“Hull condition critical, oxygen levels 17 percent. Mission likely to fail within 48 hours.”

I took yet another breath. Not much that could be done now, the damage was too far gone.
“Console, record.”
“Recording”
“This is Commander Vanessa Mathieson. Due to a computer error, an impact was not registered as significant enough to wake me from suspended animation. In light of this incident, I am declaring the deep space exploration mission to be failed. This is a mayday for all who may hear it. My ship will be sending out my coordinates relative to Sol every 48 hours. Goddess, I hope someone can hear this. Terminate report”
“Report terminated”
“Good, send this report to Earth with current co-ordinates every 48 hours, until total power loss. In twenty minutes, empty cabin of all atmosphere, and shut down all non-essential systems. Change bearing, using aux thrust, to Earth. Disengage main thrust, leave auxiliary thrust on to maintain bearing. Use no more than 60 percent of remaining power on aux thrust. Prepare Sus-an Bed for long term suspended animation. Do not resuscitate, under any circumstance, other than on direct order of another Commander.”
“Parameters logged. Preparing for suspended animation.”

I quickly walked through to the medical bay, and lay down in the Sus-an bed. The cover quietly closed, sealing me in. I placed the mask over my face, and heard the calming hiss of cool oxygen being piped into the mask.
“Beginning suspended animation in eighteen minutes.”
“Reduce timer to thirty seconds.”
“Timer reduced to thirty seconds. Any further instruction before suspended animation begins?”
“Yes, Console, one more thing.”
“Awaiting orders.”
“Go **** yourself.”
“Logged.”
The Arcanist wrote:
My child, come to me, I must speak with you
You, my beloved children of the stars
Do not feel sad that you might not shine as bright
As bright as some who always enthuse the day

Remember not to shine simply because you can
Instead, shine because you have reason to
Fill your days with joy, and laughter
Seek ever new experiences, and greater wisdom

Do not lose yourself in the annals of history
With those who walk softly
In the tombs of dead dragons.
Forever remembering those of old

Yet learning nothing of those of new
Become one with the world, join in it's glow
Bask in it's light, and seek new adventures every day
Material wealth shines, but friends shine brighter

My children, happiness comes not from what you own
But from what you remember
Experience, my child, experience
A dragon cannot eat gold, or drink wealth, after all

All wealth does is create fear
Fear of losing what is cold, and unloving
They can take your wealth
But they can never take your memories from you

Remember, my children
It's not about how bright you shine
It's about what you shine for
It's about who you shine for

Therefore, come with me
And shine forth, children of the stars
But always remember
Never shine alone
But always remember
Never shine alone
Come and check out my writing shop! Interesting things to read and information on commission prices
Testimonials
Going to put some of the testimonials I receive here. If you wish to pen me a small testimonial, after I have done work for you, I will proudly display it here.
Testimonials
Going to put some of the testimonials I receive here. If you wish to pen me a small testimonial, after I have done work for you, I will proudly display it here.
But always remember
Never shine alone
To order any of my work, simply ping me (easy copy BB codes below), or message me, and we will look at what I can do for you. [code] @Vaeringjar [center][i]I wish to order a copy/quote/story. [b]Subject[/b] The subject on which the writing is to be done [b]Word Count[/b] The rough volume of words you wish to order. This can be a single number, or a range. [b]Needed By[/b] When you wish the story to be completed. [b]Offered Payment[/b] Offerered payment, based on the number of words you have ordered. [/center][/code] Please keep in mind that I can generally write a maximum of 2000-3000 quality words a day, and so that will be a factor in the timeliness of my completion of your order.
To order any of my work, simply ping me (easy copy BB codes below), or message me, and we will look at what I can do for you.
Code:
@Vaeringjar [center][i]I wish to order a copy/quote/story. [b]Subject[/b] The subject on which the writing is to be done [b]Word Count[/b] The rough volume of words you wish to order. This can be a single number, or a range. [b]Needed By[/b] When you wish the story to be completed. [b]Offered Payment[/b] Offerered payment, based on the number of words you have ordered. [/center]

Please keep in mind that I can generally write a maximum of 2000-3000 quality words a day, and so that will be a factor in the timeliness of my completion of your order.
But always remember
Never shine alone
Bump!
Bump!
But always remember
Never shine alone