Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Loaning options on dragons?
I know staff does not support lending of dragons, etc and am aware of the consequences of sending off a dragon. BUT I am wondering if it would be impossible to have the ability to put a dragon on loan for those of us who help newbs by loaning out higher level dragons for training?

Kind of the way the CR is setup, have a system that asks how long to trade the dragon for and basically locks it for breeding/auctioning or exaulting? Maybe have the option to allow breeding but that might complicate things even more. I would suggest that the person loaning would also have a 'locked' space in their lair so that the whole thing is automatic.

I would literally PAY for this as feature.... I really enjoy helping newbs out but feel bad when things go sour. It would be really cool if it were made easier to to this with at least one or two loaner dragons.

Not sure if anyone else cares to do this, but it seems like it could be nice feature to have some kind of agreement system in place that is a bit more official?
I know staff does not support lending of dragons, etc and am aware of the consequences of sending off a dragon. BUT I am wondering if it would be impossible to have the ability to put a dragon on loan for those of us who help newbs by loaning out higher level dragons for training?

Kind of the way the CR is setup, have a system that asks how long to trade the dragon for and basically locks it for breeding/auctioning or exaulting? Maybe have the option to allow breeding but that might complicate things even more. I would suggest that the person loaning would also have a 'locked' space in their lair so that the whole thing is automatic.

I would literally PAY for this as feature.... I really enjoy helping newbs out but feel bad when things go sour. It would be really cool if it were made easier to to this with at least one or two loaner dragons.

Not sure if anyone else cares to do this, but it seems like it could be nice feature to have some kind of agreement system in place that is a bit more official?
pancatcher.png bzzZrFR.jpg
I'd support something like a trade offer, like " USER wants to send you DRAGON for X days, accept?"
And the sender can choose from a few options when sending, like whether the derg can be bred, dressed, have stats edited, etc. The derg could have little icons on its page (like the ones that show it has a familiar/is on cooldown) that show it's a loan & what it can/cant do.
I can see a proper lending system being very useful for trainers and breeders, so support!
I'd support something like a trade offer, like " USER wants to send you DRAGON for X days, accept?"
And the sender can choose from a few options when sending, like whether the derg can be bred, dressed, have stats edited, etc. The derg could have little icons on its page (like the ones that show it has a familiar/is on cooldown) that show it's a loan & what it can/cant do.
I can see a proper lending system being very useful for trainers and breeders, so support!
Support! Though breeding should be allowed since that's the main reason why people loan dragons off. Giving it apparel, a familiar, or putting it on the AH should be locked though. I'd love to loan a dragon out to someone for breeding but I don't want to risk never getting it back.
Support! Though breeding should be allowed since that's the main reason why people loan dragons off. Giving it apparel, a familiar, or putting it on the AH should be locked though. I'd love to loan a dragon out to someone for breeding but I don't want to risk never getting it back.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Just a thought , what if the person fails to succesfully breed the dragon in time ? xD
I see no problems with trainers so support
Just a thought , what if the person fails to succesfully breed the dragon in time ? xD
I see no problems with trainers so support
tumblr_nxdfodsac01ukywbko1_100.pngnLzgYli.gif
This would be very useful. Lending is an unsupported transaction and there's nothing you can do when the person you lent them to sells them or exalts them. There's a lot of lending done on the site, especially level 25s sine the coliseum is a large part of the game (its the best source of food, festival currency, etc, and also needed to make the most profit exalting) and with the osts of the stones and time spent levelling, level 25s are expensive to replace.

I do not think two player breeding should be done this way as what would happen if the lendee disappears mid incubation however breeding also needs a safe/secure method for two player breeding. There are a few suggestions out there for introducing a safe/secure two player breeding system out there that cover potential pitfalls and issues, one of the newest is here.
This would be very useful. Lending is an unsupported transaction and there's nothing you can do when the person you lent them to sells them or exalts them. There's a lot of lending done on the site, especially level 25s sine the coliseum is a large part of the game (its the best source of food, festival currency, etc, and also needed to make the most profit exalting) and with the osts of the stones and time spent levelling, level 25s are expensive to replace.

I do not think two player breeding should be done this way as what would happen if the lendee disappears mid incubation however breeding also needs a safe/secure method for two player breeding. There are a few suggestions out there for introducing a safe/secure two player breeding system out there that cover potential pitfalls and issues, one of the newest is here.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Maybe the breeding could be changed to only require the lend dragon to set up the nest but it would not be needed for the full nesting period? Not sure how that would work coding wise though. Maybe with a 'puppet dragon' that is created and placed on the nest but isn't shown in the lair and that has a spaceuse of 0. It would have the color, breed and geneinfo stored so that the hatchlings could be created right. After breeding the instance would be deleated again since it isn't used anymore.

I do support Dragon lending in any and all cases. No matter if breeding lend dragons is possible or not. I'm sure dragonlending itself will be.
Maybe the breeding could be changed to only require the lend dragon to set up the nest but it would not be needed for the full nesting period? Not sure how that would work coding wise though. Maybe with a 'puppet dragon' that is created and placed on the nest but isn't shown in the lair and that has a spaceuse of 0. It would have the color, breed and geneinfo stored so that the hatchlings could be created right. After breeding the instance would be deleated again since it isn't used anymore.

I do support Dragon lending in any and all cases. No matter if breeding lend dragons is possible or not. I'm sure dragonlending itself will be.
I kind of like this feature, too. I don't know exactly why staff don't support it - too many potential issues? lore reasons? - but I think it'd be really neat.

It could be like a crossroads with a return date (maybe maximum 7 days). Once the dragon is sent, the original owner would STILL have the dragon in their lair but maybe faded out - just so lair space wouldn't be an issue if they didn't have space for it upon return. The person borrowing would be free to breed the dragon - if they provide enough time for the nest to be completed, maybe if the dragon has to leave a nest early because its time is up (say, you forgot to incubate), it could lead to Egg Rot. Maybe the dragon could be used in the Coliseum but couldn't be altered in any way, including gaining experience (or maybe they COULD gain experience but the borrower couldn't allocate stats, or something). The dragon obviously could not be sold, traded, exalted, etc. The borrower can send the dragon back at any time, up until the final date.

With those standards, seems like potential issues would be mostly eliminated. In-game, you could imagine that a dragon went to go visit someone.

I suppose the only thing is, there are so many dragons out there that hypothetically, why support borrowing when you can just buy your own. It could potentially make breeding a little too easy, too. But I unofficially also "borrowed" level 25 dragons when I started to help be train my own team, which was super helpful. I understand why staff would feel they can't officially support that, because you should be doing it yourself. Plus, there's the philosophy that any dragon not in your lair doesn't belong to you anymore - simple and sweet.

Still, I think it could be implemented fairly logically.
I kind of like this feature, too. I don't know exactly why staff don't support it - too many potential issues? lore reasons? - but I think it'd be really neat.

It could be like a crossroads with a return date (maybe maximum 7 days). Once the dragon is sent, the original owner would STILL have the dragon in their lair but maybe faded out - just so lair space wouldn't be an issue if they didn't have space for it upon return. The person borrowing would be free to breed the dragon - if they provide enough time for the nest to be completed, maybe if the dragon has to leave a nest early because its time is up (say, you forgot to incubate), it could lead to Egg Rot. Maybe the dragon could be used in the Coliseum but couldn't be altered in any way, including gaining experience (or maybe they COULD gain experience but the borrower couldn't allocate stats, or something). The dragon obviously could not be sold, traded, exalted, etc. The borrower can send the dragon back at any time, up until the final date.

With those standards, seems like potential issues would be mostly eliminated. In-game, you could imagine that a dragon went to go visit someone.

I suppose the only thing is, there are so many dragons out there that hypothetically, why support borrowing when you can just buy your own. It could potentially make breeding a little too easy, too. But I unofficially also "borrowed" level 25 dragons when I started to help be train my own team, which was super helpful. I understand why staff would feel they can't officially support that, because you should be doing it yourself. Plus, there's the philosophy that any dragon not in your lair doesn't belong to you anymore - simple and sweet.

Still, I think it could be implemented fairly logically.
Adding my support for this. I'm not sure how this would work with nest-borrowing, since there are so many variables there (remembering to incubate, remembering to hatch on time) but I think it would be terrific for situations where a dragon is being lent out for training purposes. Lending dragons in this manner has been a great way of building a sense of community and cooperation, and it would be wonderful to have tools or options to that end.
Adding my support for this. I'm not sure how this would work with nest-borrowing, since there are so many variables there (remembering to incubate, remembering to hatch on time) but I think it would be terrific for situations where a dragon is being lent out for training purposes. Lending dragons in this manner has been a great way of building a sense of community and cooperation, and it would be wonderful to have tools or options to that end.
gekDtXY.png | blhNXG3.png | cU74Yk.jpg | lUc1aX6.gif | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1641232gekDtXY.png[/url] | ThanksgivingBadge_zps9cef2f12.png | kuxtrjm.png CAKE WALK | iQrUd5S.png LOST |
Adding my support too! I hope the admins consider it. Lending is a major part of this site and helps for Dom pushes. I think it's a big social event and has the potential to create friendships and allies on the site, since those borrowing dragons tend to be very grateful to the lenders. But there's always that risk of not getting your dragon back and it's very upsetting of something happens to them, especially if they're accidentally exalted.

A lending system in place would be very helpful indeed!
Adding my support too! I hope the admins consider it. Lending is a major part of this site and helps for Dom pushes. I think it's a big social event and has the potential to create friendships and allies on the site, since those borrowing dragons tend to be very grateful to the lenders. But there's always that risk of not getting your dragon back and it's very upsetting of something happens to them, especially if they're accidentally exalted.

A lending system in place would be very helpful indeed!